The Network Path was not found (Exchange 5.5)

I am continuing to try and understand and fix our Exchange 5.5 (SP4) setup.
It is running on a Win2K AS server (also running Terminal Services
Licensing).

I was looking at some properties of our mail server (in the Exchange
Administrator).  When I click on the following tabs I get the message:

"The Windows Registry on the Microsoft Exchange Server 'SERVER'  could not
be accessed"
"The network path could not be found"
"Microsoft Windows NT"
ID no:0xc0020035"

Any idea what this means and how to fix it?  The server works fine and we
are able to send and receive e-mails with no apparent problems.

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

0
rasilon1 (689)

Forgot to add the tabs that cause the error:

Locales
Database Paths
Diagnostic Logging

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"Hank Arnold" <rasilon@aol.com> wrote in message
> I am continuing to try and understand and fix our Exchange 5.5 (SP4)
setup.
> It is running on a Win2K AS server (also running Terminal Services
> Licensing).
>
> I was looking at some properties of our mail server (in the Exchange
> Administrator).  When I click on the following tabs I get the message:
>
> "The Windows Registry on the Microsoft Exchange Server 'SERVER'  could not
> be accessed"
> "The network path could not be found"
> "Microsoft Windows NT"
> ID no:0xc0020035"
>
> Any idea what this means and how to fix it?  The server works fine and we
> are able to send and receive e-mails with no apparent problems.
>

> --
> Regards,
> Hank Arnold

0
rasilon1 (689)
1/29/2004 10:57:14 AM
Never mind.... Found the problem..... In trying to lock down the servers, I
turned off  "Remote Registry Service". Sounds obvious, eh? Why on earth
would I want this running?

Anyway, turned it on and problem went away.

Thanks to the MS Knowledge Base......

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"Hank Arnold" <rasilon@aol.com> wrote in message
> I am continuing to try and understand and fix our Exchange 5.5 (SP4)
setup.
> It is running on a Win2K AS server (also running Terminal Services
> Licensing).
>
> I was looking at some properties of our mail server (in the Exchange
> Administrator).  When I click on the following tabs I get the message:
>
> "The Windows Registry on the Microsoft Exchange Server 'SERVER'  could not
> be accessed"
> "The network path could not be found"
> "Microsoft Windows NT"
> ID no:0xc0020035"
>
> Any idea what this means and how to fix it?  The server works fine and we
> are able to send and receive e-mails with no apparent problems.
>

> --
> Regards,
> Hank Arnold

0
rasilon1 (689)
1/29/2004 11:03:16 AM
Make sure Remote Registry service is running on that machine.

Hank Arnold wrote:

> Forgot to add the tabs that cause the error:
>
> Locales
> Database Paths
> Diagnostic Logging
>
> --
> Regards,
> Hank Arnold
>
> "Hank Arnold" <rasilon@aol.com> wrote in message
> > I am continuing to try and understand and fix our Exchange 5.5 (SP4)
> setup.
> > It is running on a Win2K AS server (also running Terminal Services
> > Licensing).
> >
> > I was looking at some properties of our mail server (in the Exchange
> > Administrator).  When I click on the following tabs I get the message:
> >
> > "The Windows Registry on the Microsoft Exchange Server 'SERVER'  could not
> > be accessed"
> > "The network path could not be found"
> > "Microsoft Windows NT"
> > ID no:0xc0020035"
> >
> > Any idea what this means and how to fix it?  The server works fine and we
> > are able to send and receive e-mails with no apparent problems.
> >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Hank Arnold

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
1/29/2004 11:03:57 AM
Why on earth would you want that stopped?

Hank Arnold wrote:

> Never mind.... Found the problem..... In trying to lock down the servers, I
> turned off  "Remote Registry Service". Sounds obvious, eh? Why on earth
> would I want this running?
>
> Anyway, turned it on and problem went away.
>
> Thanks to the MS Knowledge Base......
>
> --
> Regards,
> Hank Arnold
>
> "Hank Arnold" <rasilon@aol.com> wrote in message
> > I am continuing to try and understand and fix our Exchange 5.5 (SP4)
> setup.
> > It is running on a Win2K AS server (also running Terminal Services
> > Licensing).
> >
> > I was looking at some properties of our mail server (in the Exchange
> > Administrator).  When I click on the following tabs I get the message:
> >
> > "The Windows Registry on the Microsoft Exchange Server 'SERVER'  could not
> > be accessed"
> > "The network path could not be found"
> > "Microsoft Windows NT"
> > ID no:0xc0020035"
> >
> > Any idea what this means and how to fix it?  The server works fine and we
> > are able to send and receive e-mails with no apparent problems.
> >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Hank Arnold

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
1/29/2004 11:18:19 AM
Thanks, Kirill, for the quick response....

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in message
> Make sure Remote Registry service is running on that machine.
>
> Hank Arnold wrote:
>
> > Forgot to add the tabs that cause the error:
> >
> > Locales
> > Database Paths
> > Diagnostic Logging
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Hank Arnold
> >
> > "Hank Arnold" <rasilon@aol.com> wrote in message
> > > I am continuing to try and understand and fix our Exchange 5.5 (SP4)
> > setup.
> > > It is running on a Win2K AS server (also running Terminal Services
> > > Licensing).
> > >
> > > I was looking at some properties of our mail server (in the Exchange
> > > Administrator).  When I click on the following tabs I get the message:
> > >
> > > "The Windows Registry on the Microsoft Exchange Server 'SERVER'  could
not
> > > be accessed"
> > > "The network path could not be found"
> > > "Microsoft Windows NT"
> > > ID no:0xc0020035"
> > >
> > > Any idea what this means and how to fix it?  The server works fine and
we
> > > are able to send and receive e-mails with no apparent problems.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Hank Arnold

0
rasilon1 (689)
1/29/2004 11:21:34 AM
Just seems natural..... These days with attacks on systems, it just seemed
right to disable any ability to access the registry remotely.

--

> Why on earth would you want that stopped?
>
> Hank Arnold wrote:
>
> > Never mind.... Found the problem..... In trying to lock down the
servers, I
> > turned off  "Remote Registry Service". Sounds obvious, eh? Why on earth
> > would I want this running?
> >
> > Anyway, turned it on and problem went away.
> >
> > Thanks to the MS Knowledge Base......
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Hank Arnold
> >
> > "Hank Arnold" <rasilon@aol.com> wrote in message
> > > I am continuing to try and understand and fix our Exchange 5.5 (SP4)
> > setup.
> > > It is running on a Win2K AS server (also running Terminal Services
> > > Licensing).
> > >
> > > I was looking at some properties of our mail server (in the Exchange
> > > Administrator).  When I click on the following tabs I get the message:
> > >
> > > "The Windows Registry on the Microsoft Exchange Server 'SERVER'  could
not
> > > be accessed"
> > > "The network path could not be found"
> > > "Microsoft Windows NT"
> > > ID no:0xc0020035"
> > >
> > > Any idea what this means and how to fix it?  The server works fine and
we
> > > are able to send and receive e-mails with no apparent problems.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Hank Arnold

0
rasilon1 (689)
1/29/2004 11:28:13 AM
"Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote:

>Why on earth would you want that stopped?

To prevent people from screwing around in the registry that don't have
permission to log on locally to the server. :)

Why on earth would you leave it running?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Troubles with sharing over business network
I am trying to set up computers that are running on a small business network. We need to share folders that are on the desktop but when we set them up to be shared they are not recognized by the other computers. There are a few computers that are working but our newer computers are not. Nathan Niewohner wrote: > I am trying to set up computers that are running on a small business network. > We need to share folders that are on the desktop but when we set them up to > be shared they are not recognized by the other computers. There are a few > computers that are worki...

Exchange Server 2003 Rejected Mail
We have an Exchange 2003 server. The DNS MX records point to this server as the primary and our ISP's mail server as the secondary. What I'd like to know is why does some email from porn sites and some other general spam get rejected by our server and end up in the ISP mailbox? While this is ideal for us, I'd still like to know why this happens. We have no mail filtering enabled BTW. Alan On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:47:07 +0100, "Alan Wortman" <alanwortman@hotmail.com> wrote: >We have an Exchange 2003 server. The DNS MX records point to this server as >t...

Synchronizing calendars across domains/exchange organizations
I need to syncronize Exchange calendars for an employee who's time is split between two different companies, different domains, exchanges servers, etc. Can this be done with exchange 2000 and/or 2003? We're on 2000 right now with plans to upgrade to 2003 soon, the other company is already on 2003. I've looked through old posts and have seen the question asked, but never an answer. I know there are 3rd party tools that could do this, but I was hoping to find a built in solution, if one exists. I don't care about syncing email or contacts, just the calendar so that both comp...

GP 7.5 to 9.0 upgrade failed during "Load Table Auto Procs"
Hi, Upgrading a client from GP 7.5 (SP6) SQL to 9.0 In the "Server Installation Progress" window (normal upgrade in GP Utilities) During "Updating database: xxxxxx" in step "Load Table Auto Procs" We receive the message (window title: Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities): "The stored procedure UpdateDB_Upgrade() of form duSQL Pass Through SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 12, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0." with the OK button. Responded to the message 4 times, then... "Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities install/upgrade failed." Anyone run ...

Outlook and Being Networked
I have a two PC running Outlook 2003. Both our networked together through our wireless network, both running XP Home Edition. I'm wanting to keep both .pst files current on each PC so that no matter what PC you currently use, you can access your files and such. I've looked and have read most of the links and articles on http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm and have read many KB articles on Microsoft. Most of these programs cost and I've tried some over their trial period and didn't quite like how they operated or it just wasn't what I needed. So, how can one...

Exporting Exchange Data from Outlook
Hello I am a newbie, so maybe this is a dum question. I wish to export Outlook data from Exchange Server so that I can then import it into my new Win2003 Server/Exchange. I am simply moving from one organisation to another. What is the best method? Thanks in advance. Prakash prakash@logicalmicro.com Prak wrote: > Hello > I am a newbie, so maybe this is a dum question. > I wish to export Outlook data from Exchange Server > so that I can then import it into my new Win2003 Server/Exchange. > I am simply moving from one organisation to another. > What is the best method? > T...

Saving a password for an Exchange mailbox
Hello everybody, Outlook keeps asking me for my password when I log in to my Exchange server - I would like to save the password, though, and have Outlook log me in automatically. I presume this is possible because it works fine with my pop accounts. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers, Oliver What is the authentication type set under your Exchange server properties? Have you tried talking to your Exchange Admin about the password problem? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) viru...

Reinstall Exchange 2003 on Same Server
We have multiple problems on a current Windows 2003 Server (also a DC - will DCPROMO down first and wait for replication) with Exchange 2003; therefore, we would like to reinstall the OS on this server. **** The errors are related to an application we previously had installed on this server and no longer have.**** Anyhow, after the reinstall of the OS, we will put back Exchange 2003 DB (priv & pub files). Is there a proper high-level process you guys can tell me in how to approach this procedure? Thank you. you will need to use /DisasterRecovery switch http://www.msexchange....

File opening problem over network
I have what seems to be a strange excel file opening issue that I can't pinpoint and I would greatly appreciate any ideas to try for this problem. We have a network computer running windows 98 SE. On this computer there are many .xls files stored for users to access. Often when opening the files users get an error that reads: Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk pace. -To make more memory available, close workbooks or programs you no longer need. -To free disk space, delete files you no longer need from the disk yo...

Exchange rate in Titan ?
Client get several price lists in various currencies. They want to import all in foregin currencies but would like to send the quote in local currency based on the current exchange rates ? Is this possible at all now ? Also can we import a price book containing hundreds of item from the vendor or do we have to manually add one by one ? Thanks Check out a product called K3. http://www.k3support.com/downloads/crm/multicurrency/K3MC.htm They can do all that and more. "SA" wrote: > Client get several price lists in various currencies. They want to import > all in foregin cur...

Forwarding of "service"messages to another exchange user
We subscribe to a SPAM prevention service. When spam arrives, the service holds the spam messages, and emails the recipient inviting them to release the message. this works fine. However, when a user is is out-of-office, and has forwarded all their mail to another exchange user, the SPAM notify messages are NOT forwarded. It appears that the Spam notify messages have a "NULL Envelope from" field. Exchange does not appear forward these. Is there any to configure exchange to forward these type of messages? How is the forwarding set up? Outlook rule? Or Forwarding on user account ...

networking
My question is, we want to setup a calander for everybodies use at our office. Do we need a server or can we run off of our office network? Bottom line question is, can 6 to 8 people use Outlook at the same time without a dedicated server? If so how? Thanks for the help! Ted. simply setup a calendar on a single users outlook installation, then give all other users permission to view and edit that calendar. you may also have to look at some kind of sharing for the drive the outlook is on. It's just like giving your secretary access to your inbox HTH Pete >-----Original ...

formatting #5
I want to change the column widths only in a portion of the spreadsheet - when I used to use lotus - I think you could do this can it be done in excel? Ok..so you want to change column widths? So, change them. Not all columns have to be the same width. If you want one as wide as your longest test string, just double click the right edge and it will automatically re-adjust. Or, you can drag the right side of a column and make it the width you want...or you can highlight the column, go to Format>Column>width and enter in the precise width you want. No. Column widths go all the way to th...

Exchange 2003 and SharePoint
Looking for some help here. I have a consultant that came in and installed Sharepoint on my Exchange 2003 server which broke the OWA and all related services. I have resolved all of it except my Active-Sync doesn't work anymore for my Pocket PC users and shows HTTP_500 error on the devices. Does anyone have any suggestions on this? Joey Hornick hornickj@msn.com You're not going to like this. The usual feeling is that the only production use of Exchange 2003 and WSS on the same server should be SBS 2003. Otherwise Exchange 2003 and WSS on the same server is OK for testing but not...

moniter network usage on the network
I want to moniter the bandwidth/internet usage of all of the devices on our network. Some are wired and some are wireless through a wifi connection. How would I get started doing something like this? > I want to moniter the bandwidth/internet usage of all of the devices on > our network. Some are wired and some are wireless through a wifi > connection. How would I get started doing something like this? Might be outside the C# topic, but IF your traffic (even internal) is passing through a firewall, or it's passing through a switch that supports mirroring, you...

Exchange Email Router to compatible with SBS 2003?
Just upgraded my installation of CRM 1.2 to 3.0 without hitches. So far so good. One slight lack of due diligence is just biting me in the backside: During installation of the Exchange Email Router, CRM Professional tells me that it cannot install on Small Business Server 2003 (with Exchange). Message is 'operating system version 5.2 is not supported [...]'. I do have access to CRM Small Business Edition through my MSDN subscription. Given that I have CRM Professional on the CRM server, will the CRM SBS Exchange Router work on the SBS 2003 Server? Soenke I'm having the sa...

Reporting in exchange 5.5?
Hi Exchange 5. I need to run a report that will highlight which mailboxes have more than one NT account in the permissions tab within exchange admin. Does anyone know of a solution for this Thanks in advance Phil support.microsoft.com XADM: Bulk Import/Export FAQ PSS ID Number: 155414 Phil Howard wrote: > Hi, > > Exchange 5.5 > > I need to run a report that will highlight which mailboxes have more than one NT account in the permissions tab within exchange admin. Does anyone know of a solution for this? > > Thanks in advance. > Phil ...

Network resource error
I'm attempting to use a laptop on a new network. I've configured it on the new domain and now I'm trying to get Outlook to connect to my email account on the Exchange server. When I open up Outlook it attempts to access or install a "resource" called data1.msi that's on the old network drive. Is there anyway around this w/out having the original installation CD? steve ...

Network Connection
How do I remove or delete a network connection. I bought my laptop to the office and connected to our network, now I can't get on the internet using my phone line. ...

email problems #5
I was told that in order for my email to function better, I should "delete cookies" and "delete files". How? What email program? To delete cookies and temporary Internet files: open Internet Explorer, Tools, Options, general tab and delete them there. "LB" wrote: > I was told that in order for my email to function better, I should "delete > cookies" and "delete files". How? LB <LB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was told that in order for my email to function better, I should > "delete cookies" and &qu...

Network password on Office 2003
I'm having an odd issue. At random times Outlook pops up a box asking me to enter network password. I have, by default saved my password. However, when the "enter network password" dialog box appears, the password is there in astrisk form. But the save password box isn't checked. I check the "save password" box and click OK. It then accesses my email. And later, from 15 minutes to over an hour it does the same process all over again. Anyone have any input on this issue? It gets Kind of frustrating. Thanks, Scott ...

Exchange 2003 Send As
Hi guys, I have tried everything to get Send As working for a single user, User A, to send mail as User B from their Outlook 2003 client. I have setup the user in AD on the Security Tab giving the user Full permissions, this included Send As, Receive As. I have also looked under Exchange Advanced tab and selected the User A has full control in there as well. What gives and why is this so hard? Actually I understand why it is hard but this is too much. Paul Paul Stephenson wrote: > Hi guys, > > I have tried everything to get Send As working for a single user, > User A, to s...

Exchange newbie problem
Hi all; A user on our domain was deleted when he should not have been. His mail box was not deleted. When his account was recreated, we tried to reconnect the old mailbox. But when selecting a user in the "Select a new user for this mailbox" dialog a message comes back saying that the user cannot be found. We tried several different users a none can be found even though they can get there mail just fine. We need to get the messages from this mailbox. Any ideas would be great -- Craig in the High Desert. craig@craignet.com But it's a dry heat. you should be able to reconnec...

Recordset
I have a dumb question that I cannot seem to find the answer to. I have a recordset that uses a field.value in the where clause. Can anyone tell me how to set up the recordset so if nothing is returned from my sql the vba does not fail. Example: recset = "select * from stores where store = form.store" If ???? NO STORE FOUND????? msgbox "store does not exist" else msgbox "store found, continue processing" end if Thanks!! If recset.RecordCount = 0 then .... HTH, Rob "AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FAB...

Growing Exchange store problem
Hi, I have an Exchange 2003 Standard server that was happily running for 18 months. We purchased and installed reporting application to monitor usage. It runs as a service and uses ExOleDB to pull data from the Exchange store. The developer has indicated that it is 'read only' to the database. However, every time it runs we see instant and significant growth in the DB. We actually upgraded to Enterprise before we discovered this problem (5000 dollars wasted!). The database is now sitting at 22gig but ESM mailbox sizes only add up to 3.5 gig. Previous offline defrags have not ...