The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specific error 4294966781.

The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specific error 429496678
Event ID 702

Exchange server 5.

No Application log has been generated

0
anonymous (74722)

Yesterday I had a crash of Information store and I was advised to delete the edb.chk file and restart. It worked.

Right now I have disable Norton Antivirus server. I am still unable to start the services.

Kindly help it is very urgent.

Thanks in advance.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/30/2004 6:11:06 AM
Describe what has happened and what happens when you attempt to start InfoStore.

Dev wrote:

> Yesterday I had a crash of Information store and I was advised to delete the edb.chk file and restart. It worked.
>
> Right now I have disable Norton Antivirus server. I am still unable to start the services.
>
> Kindly help it is very urgent.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
1/30/2004 9:12:23 AM
STORE.EXE takes 98 % of the processor time. The services shows that it is Starting. The event log shows that
it is applying Edbxxx93.log then edb.log. I left it to run through fully but then even after 40 minutes nothing happened
and STORE.EXE is at 98%.

Thanks for your help
0
anonymous (74722)
1/30/2004 10:56:05 AM
If log number is increasing (it might take 5-10 minutes to replay one file) then you are fine.

dev wrote:

> STORE.EXE takes 98 % of the processor time. The services shows that it is Starting. The event log shows that
> it is applying Edbxxx93.log then edb.log. I left it to run through fully but then even after 40 minutes nothing happened
> and STORE.EXE is at 98%.
>
> Thanks for your help

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
1/30/2004 11:37:57 AM
Hello Kirill

The log files were through within couple of minutes, the edb.log file replay is still runnin
30 mins have gone by. Is this normal? So shall I just let it run till it completes? Thanks for your reply.
0
anonymous (74722)
1/30/2004 11:51:05 AM
I would let it run.

dev wrote:

> Hello Kirill,
>
> The log files were through within couple of minutes, the edb.log file replay is still running
> 30 mins have gone by. Is this normal? So shall I just let it run till it completes? Thanks for your reply.

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

Exclude a Domain Admin from having admin rights in an Exchange 2003 environment?
Is there any way to exclude a Domain Admin from having admin rights in an Exchange 2003 environment? I need to be able to make it so they cannot add themselves back in to have control. This is all in a single domain. Seems to me you have a bigger problem on your hands. Sure you can remove the Domain Admins from having permissions in Exchange, but the problem is that you can't stop them from adding their accounts to a group that *does* have permissions, or changing the password on an account that has permissions so that they can grant themselves permissions. To quote Ed Crowley:...

Money Updates: "Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMRTINET.ini').
My M04 has not been doing Money Updates (other parts of update are doing so: quotes, accounts) for a month now. The Call Summary for Money Updates says Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMTINET.INI'). Out of curiosity I looked for such a file name on the computer--none. We have two accounts on Money. The other account is NOT encountering any such problem--Money Updates are working fine for it. No changes for either account of any seeming relevance preceded the loss of updates on the one account. Questions: (1) Does anyone know how to fix this? (2) Thes...

[quote][/quote]Many friends ask me how to convert DVD to play on Microsoft iPhone Video player. I always recommend them Cucusoft DVD to iPhone Converter. It backup  convert almost any type of DVD to play on Microsoft iPhone Video player. Moreover ,It?s a powerful DVD to iPhone converter with very fast conversion speed. The output also supports full screen viewing.I think it is very useful and easy to use too.So , I recommend this useful software to convert DVD to play on Microsoft iPhone Video player. Hope it can help you.I download it here: http://www.92download.com/wiki/Cucusoft_DVD...

Database Size, Database Corruption, Message Store & Storage Group
We're just recovering from an Exchange disaster. We discovered that we could not get database backups off of two of our four storage groups. We then discovered we were down one drive in our RAID 5 array. Then we discovered that we could not rebuild onto a new drive, probably due to issues on a second drive. We then attempted to save as much data as we could by exmerging data out of the two damaged stores and moving mailboxes to a second server. In the midst of this, the server crashed and would not reboot. We've since rebuild and recovered what we could, but we want to kn...

Printing Problem in SQL Reporting Service
Hi, Seen a couple of posts about this but no conclusion. Trying to print a SQL Report from CRM and getting an error 0x80004005. These reports can be seen on screen and exported but cannot be directly printed to any printer. Checked all IE settings and put them as low as possible. The only other thing that might be contributing is Sophos AV. Any answers anyone ? Regards Peter. ...

Outlook Mobile Service Address Book NOT Working
Every time I try to send a text message through Outlook Mobile Services, I CANNOT use the address book. It has been "made" when I configured the account, but it does not contain ANY mobile numbers from my main Outlook address book, as it is supposed to. I must physically type in the full mobile phone number. It does not appear in the mobile address book, even after I send a text message through Outlook. Outlook also quits - kicks me right out and restarts - each time I try to use the mobile address book. Can someone please help me figure out what is wrong? Please excu...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Field service table structure and field definitions
The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field service component. Where can I find this information? I need to move RMA into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying the data flows. Thanks, Will You may want to contact I.B.I.S. They wrote the application. -- Charles Allen, MVP "WS" wrote: > The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field > service component. Where can I find this information? I need to move RMA > into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying th...

Errors with Multiple accounts on same POP3
Does anyone know of a workaround to the known issue of having multiple accounts on the same POP3? I can't for the life of me find a way to check my second account. I found the following Microsoft KB article but even that doesn't work for me. I can see the pop3 server I just can't access it without a login error. Thanks for any help. Light SYMPTOMS When you log on to Microsoft Outlook by using a profile that contains two Post Office Protocol (POP3) accounts, you may be prompted to provide a password for one of the accounts, and you may receive duplicate e-mail messag...

Redirect Rule error in Outlook
I set up a rule to redirect my mail to an outside address and when I receive mail from the outside once the mail arrives I get the following error "The redirect action is not currently supported with Run Rules Now" the mail I receive from the outside is pulled into my email box by a POP3 account. If I send myself a mail through the Exchange Server it redirect to the outside with out issue. Any suggestions. Thank you. -- Stacy Justice Aculab USA Inc. ...

Exchange and hotmail
I've recently setup an Exchange 2003 server. Everything seems to be working well except one thing. When I try to send mail from a hotmail account to a user on the exchange domain, the message is bounced back to the hotmail account. I've read about PTR records and how some ISP's are trying to do use this to block spam, but I have sent mail from AOL and yahoo and the messages went through. Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks, John Here is the posted message. Thanks, John From : <postmaster@mail.hotmail.com> Sent : Wednesday, July 7, 2004 3:57 PM To : us...

Stored procedure and dictionary file problem
We have recently installed version 7.5 for use as a demo to prospective clients, and have encountered a couple of problems. When we try to login we get on of two different errors. 1. The dictionary file 'Dynamics.dic' being used remotely is 'out of date', login fails and GP closes. 2. When One is successful at getting past the dictionary issue an error message that states 'dynamics.dbo.hrSysdoesHrSysExist' stored procedure is missing. I have reloaded the entire system on a remote system and still get the 'Dynamics.dic' error, and I have checked for the store...

access app as a service
Thanks in advance for your help. What is the easiest way to run an access app as a windows service? I'm looking for options. Thanks again. hi Lance, On 21.04.2010 16:37, Lance McGonigal wrote: > What is the easiest way to run an access app as a windows service? I'm > looking for options. There are some third-party tools which allows to run almost any executable as a service, but an Access application is not such an application. You may run Access using the Task Scheduler. btw, why do you want to do that? Maybe there are other options. mfG -->...

stopping spam on exchange 2003
I was asked to stop or slow down the amount of spam that's coming into our company's exchange server. How do I do that? Does exchange server 2003 come with it's own filter? Thanks for any help in advance. see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/867633/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O911S97FHHA.1280@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I was asked to stop or slow down the amount of spam that's coming into our >company's exchange server. How do I do that? Does exchange server 2003 >com...

Exchange not sending only in a several domains
Hello, Our new Exchange 2003 server does not send email to several domains, but for most domains it works OK. The messages are hanging in the queue. How do I diagnose more about the problem messages? Thanks for any help. Hadi ...

"HTTP status 401: Unauthorized" Error immediately after Upgrade
Hello, I was wondering if anyone out there has encountered a problem like this. Your help would be very much appreciated. I just completed upgrading MS CRM from 1.2 to 3.0. Some parts of the web access are fully accessible (e.g., Queues, Articles, Announcements under "My Work"). However, I cannot access any of the data under Workplace, Sales, Marketing, Service, and Settings. My Report Server seems to be running fine. I can run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer without any errors. I access MS CRM through the web browser via http://<local...

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

Exchange 2003
Hello, Is it possible to create UNIX style mailing list in Exchange 2003? The member of this mailing list may include emails from outside the organisation. Thanks Hadi It works great until a user sends from the internet - then usually only local users get the mail. I haven't found any docs on how to get it to work properly. As a last resort: Mailman Majordomo Yahoo Groups is also easy to setup and free if you don't mind some ads. http://groups.yahoo.com/ -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Pl...

XmlValidatingReader unbelievable error
Hi everyone, I am trying now for 4-5 hours to write a simple code to validate a very simple XML and i still get an error. Here is my Code, and i always get an error at args.Exception ("The 'urn:books:catalog' element is not declared. An error occurred at file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/LakisService/books.xml, (2, 2).") private void Button2_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { XmlTextReader r = new XmlTextReader(Server.MapPath("books.xml")); XmlSchema xs = new XmlSchema(); xs.SourceUri = Server.MapPath("books.xsd"); XmlValidatingReader v = new X...

Microsoft Promo

Using Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 5.5
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP1 (updated) and I am connecting to Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 (running on NT4). There is some issue I saw on connection, is there some way that I can used my Outlook 2003 connecting on Exchange 5.5? If not, can I install Outlook XP and remove Outlook 2003 without affecting the other component on Office 2003? Thanks in advance. ...