The MAPI Call 'OpenMsgStore' Failed with the Following Error #2

I am having a problem with an Exchange 2003 server.  I recieve the
following errors in the Event Viewer:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeSA
Event Category: Monitoring
Event ID: 1005
Date:  4/13/2006
Time:  1:08:50 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: QA1
Description:
Unexpected error <<0xc1050000 - Network problems are preventing
connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. An unexpected,
unknown error has occurred. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
ID no: 80040115-0514-000006d9>> occurred.

-and-

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeSA
Event Category: MAPI Session
Event ID: 9175
Date:  4/13/2006
Time:  1:09:48 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: QA1
Description:
The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available.  Either there
are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down
for maintenance.
The MAPI provider failed.
Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000

-and-

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish
Event Category: General
Event ID: 8197
Date:  4/13/2006
Time:  12:47:47 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: QA1
Description:
Error initializing session for virtual machine QA1. The error number is
0x8004011d. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running.


Im sure this is a permission problem, but I dont know where/how to
track it down.  Here is some more information that I can provide:

This is a parent/child domain setup.  The Exchange server is a member
server in the child domain.  I created my own Admin account in the root
domain.  This Admin account is a member of the Administrators, Domain
Admins, Enterprise Admin, Schema Admins, a few Exchange Admin groups.
Basically every admin group I could add this account is a member of.
This Admin account also was delegated to be a Full Exchange
Administrator using the ESM tool.  The Admin account is also a local
Administrator on the Exchange box.

If I try and use my Admin account to modify the email addresses of a
user account, an Access Denied error occurs.  This does not happen if I
use an Admin account from the child domain (same domain as the Exchange
server).

All the servers are updated to Windows 2003 SP1.  I had similar
problems regarding this, but it was fixed by adding my root Admin
account to local Admin accounts on the Exchange servers (I had to call
MS support to get this fxi).  You can read about that problem here:
http://tinyurl.com/l4ymc

If anyone can provide steps to resolve my problem, it would be
appreciated.  Thanks.

0
4/13/2006 2:33:54 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 1 followers. Follow

2 Replies
1007 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 30

Do you have security logging enabled on the child domain for failures? If so, 
what are you seeing on the DCs and Exchange servers? Also you root\admin 
account is nested into the group child\administrators right? or did i read 
that wrong.

"quentinmacdougall@gmail.com" wrote:

> I am having a problem with an Exchange 2003 server.  I recieve the
> following errors in the Event Viewer:
> 
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeSA
> Event Category: Monitoring
> Event ID: 1005
> Date:  4/13/2006
> Time:  1:08:50 AM
> User:  N/A
> Computer: QA1
> Description:
> Unexpected error <<0xc1050000 - Network problems are preventing
> connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. An unexpected,
> unknown error has occurred. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
> ID no: 80040115-0514-000006d9>> occurred.
> 
> -and-
> 
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeSA
> Event Category: MAPI Session
> Event ID: 9175
> Date:  4/13/2006
> Time:  1:09:48 AM
> User:  N/A
> Computer: QA1
> Description:
> The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
> The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available.  Either there
> are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down
> for maintenance.
> The MAPI provider failed.
> Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
> ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000
> 
> -and-
> 
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish
> Event Category: General
> Event ID: 8197
> Date:  4/13/2006
> Time:  12:47:47 AM
> User:  N/A
> Computer: QA1
> Description:
> Error initializing session for virtual machine QA1. The error number is
> 0x8004011d. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running.
> 
> 
> Im sure this is a permission problem, but I dont know where/how to
> track it down.  Here is some more information that I can provide:
> 
> This is a parent/child domain setup.  The Exchange server is a member
> server in the child domain.  I created my own Admin account in the root
> domain.  This Admin account is a member of the Administrators, Domain
> Admins, Enterprise Admin, Schema Admins, a few Exchange Admin groups.
> Basically every admin group I could add this account is a member of.
> This Admin account also was delegated to be a Full Exchange
> Administrator using the ESM tool.  The Admin account is also a local
> Administrator on the Exchange box.
> 
> If I try and use my Admin account to modify the email addresses of a
> user account, an Access Denied error occurs.  This does not happen if I
> use an Admin account from the child domain (same domain as the Exchange
> server).
> 
> All the servers are updated to Windows 2003 SP1.  I had similar
> problems regarding this, but it was fixed by adding my root Admin
> account to local Admin accounts on the Exchange servers (I had to call
> MS support to get this fxi).  You can read about that problem here:
> http://tinyurl.com/l4ymc
> 
> If anyone can provide steps to resolve my problem, it would be
> appreciated.  Thanks.
> 
> 
0
knightly (222)
4/13/2006 3:00:01 PM
> Do you have security logging enabled on the child domain for failures? If so,
> what are you seeing on the DCs and Exchange servers?

I am not really familiar with the logging options.  I have default
logging on.

> Also you root\admin
> account is nested into the group child\administrators right? or did i read
> that wrong.

Yes.  The Root\Enterprise Admins group by default is a member of the
Child\Administrators.  Because my Root\Admin is a member of
Root\Enterprise Admins, they are also a member of Child\Administrators.

0
4/13/2006 3:06:11 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Problems Sending Mail #2
I am using Outlook 2003 with my employer's Exchange 2007 servers. As per their instructions, Outlook is set up to connect to the Exchange server via http. It is in cached mode. I'm seeing two main issues, and I wonder if they are connected and of course if they can be fixed. 1. I get frequent (more frequently than once an hour) messages that the connection to the Exchange server has been lost and then restored. The restored message always follows very quickly on the lost message; in fact, looking at the event viewer the restored message often seems to come just one second after t...

Refresh calling form
My main form opens a form that makes changes to the data bound to a subform in my main form. Trying to keep everything as generic as possible, what I want to do is something like this: if strParentName <> "" Then if CurrentProject.AllForms(strParentName).Isloaded Then Forms(strParentName).Filter=Forms(strParentName).Filter (forces refresh) For each <subform> in <Parent form reference> <force a refresh of that subform> Next <subform> endif endif What's the syntax for the "for each..." structure? T...

runtime error '5' invalid procedure call or argument
hi! We had successfully generated the frx report in drilldown viewer with no errors. However, when we export it to excel the error 'Run-time error '5' Invalid procedure call or argument' appeared. I have checked the formats and there's nothing wrong with it. It is FRx 6.5 with the latest service pack installed (sp7). Hope someone can help me. Thanks, Mel ...

Excel 2007: Pivot tables "Invalid procedure call or argument"
Hi all I'm having problems with pivot tables and coding that worked fine in XL03 but is failing in XL07. My code fails when I attempt to set the CurrentPage. I can manually change the CurrentPage to the value that my code is attempting, and then the code works. I can manually change the CurrentPage back again to its original value and the code works again. It makes no sense why it's not working. The line of code failing is this: pt.PivotFields("Month").CurrentPage = CStr(12) Thanks in advance Paul Martin Melbourne, Australia ...

call workflow
How to make a call from workflow in c # or javascript. The workflow engine in CRM will only call .net assemblies, so you would have to write one in C#, using the .net 1.1 framework. You can download the CRM SDK, which includes sample code in C# and VB.Net to call assemblies from workflow. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9C178B68-3A06-4898-BC83-BD14B74308C5&displaylang=en -- Richard Riddle CRM Developer Autonomix "Rick" wrote: > > > How to make a call from workflow in c # or javascript. > ...

Hide error messages?
I have error messages in a spreadsheet that show because I have not entered data in another cell. How do I keep this from showing until I enter a value in another cell that is part of the formula? =IF(Needed_Cell = "","",Formula) -- Best Regards, Luke M "Steve A" <SteveA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:951A0D56-5C06-43BE-A39F-2D9D58309A40@microsoft.com... >I have error messages in a spreadsheet that show because I have not entered > data in another cell. How do I keep this from showing until I enter a > value ...

Button control calling CFormView
I have a CFormView call FormA which has a button control which is to call out another CFormView call FormB. How to do it. I am using VC++ 6.0. Thanks. Noobie & Newbie wrote: > I have a CFormView call FormA which has a button control which is to > call out another CFormView call > FormB. How to do it. I am using VC++ 6.0. > > Thanks. > What does it mean to "call out" another CFormView? SDI or MDI? Is it to be added to the display or to replace the first CFormView? Describe what you have and what you want with more detail. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MV...

MAPI "OpenMsgStore" failed
Help this is the error I am getting: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: You do not have permission to log on. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0519-00000000 Source: MSExchangeSA Category: MAPI Session EventID: 9175 This shows up about once a min. in the event log - but everything seems to be working OK. This is a new Exchange 2003 setup - We had a single label domain on our old server - To fix, I installed a new sever and used EXMERGE to try to bring mail over from the old server. While trying...

Error 0x800CCC0B #3
Hi everyone. I'm having a problem sending e-mail. I'm using WIN98SE and Explorer/Outlook 6.0. Every time I try to send a message, I get the 0x800CCCoB error message. I tried looking it up in the Knowledge Base, but the only reply had to do with WIN2000. It said it had something to do with the security options in the Account. In my Account toolbox, the Log On Using Secure Pasword Authentication, My Server Requires Authenication, and Outgoing SMPT On This server Requires A Secure Connection boxes are all unchecked. Outlook is acting as if they were. How to fix this so I can sen...

SmartList Error
when i try to access one of the user defined smart list, it shows the list properly, but when clicking on any row which suppose to open another form as it was defined with GOTO button, at that time i receive an error 'A get/change operation on the table 'Special_GOTO_Fields' failed accessing SQL data' more to know about this issue, i am assigned to 'PowerUser' role this issue does not happen when i login with SA user. Any help plz Is this issue on one machine only? Most probably its a corruption in GP dictionaries, reinstalling the application will ...

Using a combo box to search for a record
Hi all I am using Access 2007. My Table named Debtors has the following field Surname as a Text field My RowSource is :- SELECT DISTINCTROW [Debtors].[Surname] FROM Debtors ORDER BY [Surname]; My After Update Event Procedure is :- Private Sub Combo76_AfterUpdate() DoCmd.ShowAllRecords Me!txtSurname.SetFocus DoCmd.FindRecord Me!Combo76 Me!Combo76.Value = "" End Sub and I get the following error message................. Run-time error '2465' Access can't find the field 'txtSurname' Where have I gone wrong? Bob On S...

An error occurred installing Microsoft CRM folders
I am getting this problem on a new XP machine with Office XP Pro and all patches/service packs. I had to un-install the Outlook client and re-install which is when the problem started. It was working fine before. For the un-install, I unstalled the client, SQL and then deleted the SQL folders and checked for the existance of the mscrm.pst file. Anyone have success solving this: I just went to the length of uninstalling Outlook as well as the CRM client and SQL and doing a full reinstall of all three items. The outlook version is Outlook 2003. After all of the reinstalls and reboots, same e...

MAPI in GP
Hello All, Can anyone assist me in detail how can i use MAPI feature in Great Plains 9.0. -- With Regards Junaid Idrees Associate Project Manager Enterprise Business Solutions That depends on what you mean by "use the MAPI feature in Great Plains". What are you trying to accomplish? patrick mbs developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Junaid Idrees" <junaid_rms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB1AE16F-FE51-4465-9643-83F6A15EC763@microsoft.com... > Hello All, > > Can...

extended mapi
Hi, I want some help/hint on how we can place an image in the header of the preview pane using Extended MAPI. This would be for Outlook and Outlook express also. We can show a thumbnail of sender in the righthand space of the preview pane header where we see sender, receiver email addresses and subject in gray background. Thanks, shahaji ...

Email error 10-17-05
Hi all, i have a problem if you can help me, i use CRM v1.2, i'm now testing it with a single user (the administrator), when i try to send email as a test, it gives me an error message saying (communication error- missing microsoft CRM key) how can i resolve this problem? -- Regards, Marwa Have you installed the CRM EMail Router on Exchange Server? "marwa" <marwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C8F3463-AD93-47B3-841B-826233D7F6F2@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > i have a problem if you can help me, i use CRM v1.2, i'm now testing it ...

gethostname method fails
Greetings! I am using the following method to get the host name of my computer in an application. But it does not do so and ends up giving me error 10093 (WSAGetLastError()). I have no clue as to what is happening. Can anyone please help. Many thanks in advance. Best regards, gethostname(name, sizeof(name)); error 10093 is WSANOTINITIALISED. You should make a WSAStartup() call before using gethostname() { generally during application start and do not forget to call WSACleanup() when you application exits } -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- &qu...

Can a VBA UDF tell who called it?
Is there a way that a UDF can tell who called it? If it was called from a worksheet cell, I'd like to know the name of the workbook, name of the sheet, and the cell address. Function test() test = Application.Caller.Parent.Parent.Name & " " & Application.Caller.Parent.Name & " " & Application.Caller.Address End Function -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Prof Wonmug" <wonmug@e.mcc> wrote in message news:tjhkk5hr1a0d8l485gitfume19lpthq325@4ax.com... > Is there a way that a UDF can tell who call...

Business Contact Manager Fails to Install
I too had problems, and had to uninstall BCM. I'm not even sure it was fully uninstalled, I had problems with that as well. I am running Office Pro2003, and currently using Outlook, sans the BCM. My installation of BCM gets all the way to almost the end, then rolls back. I am totally frustrated, have visited several user groups, but no luck I do have an email account set up in Outlook, and one post mentioned getting rid of Exchange Server from Small Business, but I'm not even sure what that is. I do have .Net Framework installed, and MSDE. Can anyone help me before I rip all my ha...

Lost Formatting #2
We have several Excel files that were created with either Excel 2000 or 2003. We are now working on these files in 2007. We continue to have problems with the files losing formatting. We will change font color, font size, cell formats, etc. We save the file but when we re-open the file all of the revisions that we saved are gone. What can we do to these files to get them to keep their formatting? Are you saving them in Excel 2007(XLSX) format? Theresa wrote: > We have several Excel files that were created with either Excel 2000 or 2003. > We are now working on these files in 200...

Service Call Escalations
Hi, I am trying to get service call escalations to work so that an email is sent when an escalation is done. Please help with the steps required. I am using the vs10 fabrikam database. To date I have: 1. Setup a service call escalation - from status Entered to Dispatched assigned to technician NEIL. This technician has been setup to use service the items found under the equipment configuration for the equiment piece on the service call. The technician also has a schedule of 8am-5pm each day. An email address has been setup for this technician. 2. Created a service call and assigned it to...

Deleted Folder In Error
I accidently deleted one of my folders in error. Is there any way to get it back? Thanks. If you can see the file in your Recycle Bin, Right-Click it, and click Restore to Desktop. -- Americano *Trying the Same Thing Over, and Expecting a Different Result = Insanity* http://www.vistax64.com/images/styles/vista/buttons/reputation.gif -*don't forget to say thanks, tip my scales!*- Anything you delete in Windows Mail goes into its Deleted Items folder. Did you look there? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.mic...

2 Quick Questions #2
Hi: 2 Quick Ones: I thought I had read that with Exchange 2003, clients are automatically redirected tot he correct Exchange server when they are migrated. I am finding that this is not the case. I have also noticed that once a mailbox is migrated, and says it is successful, I cannot access that mailbox immediately. It appears that AD needs to replicate before I am able to do so. Is this correct? Thanks Profiles should be migrated automatically although sometimes it does not work. Try this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=56F45AC3-448F-4CCC-9BD5-B6B52C13B...

Using Time in formulas #2
Frank: I don't want the user to enter them by hand. I want to use a formul to calculate the subsequent times. They would have to load 9 different lines. Staci -- SPenne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=107 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26920 ...

Trust Relationship error
Hi, Please could someone help. We have an overseas rollout programme and recently while abroad had to rebuild 19 machines which were shipped and originally built back in the UK because of an error "trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed", in addition to this we don't know what the cached account is and therefor have to totally rebuild these machines from the local DC as we are unable to logon to the domain. Essentially these machines become "BRICKS". Does anyone know why in the first instance this is happening, and...

Auto-Start Timer when Opening Existing Journal Item? #2
Hi folks - I've been looking for a way to automatically start the "timer" feature on an existing journal item every time it is opened, so that the "duration" field in list view collects the aggregate total of how many minutes that journal item has been open since it was created. I have found lots of info on how to auto-start the timer when a NEW journal item is created, but setting starttimer on OPEN still escapes me. If anyone can help out I'd appreciate it! michael Here's the VBA code to do start the timer on every journal item. Paste into the built-in T...