Event ID: 9098
Date:  2/2/2006
Time:  10:21:33 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: AC2M6
The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the DS,
error '0x80070005'.

The error points to permission denied or some such thing. At about the same
time (though often off by a couple of minutes) but with the same frequency,
I'm getting security violations:

Logon Failure:
  Reason:  Unknown user name or bad password
  User Name: <computer name>$
  Domain:  3BEARS
  Logon Type: 3
  Logon Process: NtLmSsp
  Authentication Package: NTLM
  Workstation Name: <computer name>
  Caller User Name: -
  Caller Domain: -
  Caller Logon ID: -
  Caller Process ID: -
  Transited Services: -
  Source Network Address: -
  Source Port: -

I suspect that the two are tied together and that somehow the MAD service is
trying to use an inappropriate user or that the user doesn't have the
appropriate permissions.

QUESTIONS:
A. Does this interpretation make sense?
B. What do I need to configure to fix this issue?

The research I've done suggests that this was a problem in the past for
others but has long since been fixed by service packs.

The system boots cleanly and chugs along nicely otherwise.

Regards,
Al

0
ac21 (6)

"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Permissions are definitely screwed up and the five minute interval
> indicates an AD replication issue. So the question is what has changed in
> your environment? One relatively simple solution might be to rerun
> forestprep and domainprep. This will reset permissions and might fix your
> problem.
>
> Nue
> "Al Christoph" <ac2@too.net> wrote in message
>>I am running Exchange 2003 sp2 on SBS 2003 sp1.
>>
>> Every 5 minutes I get a pair of error conditions which I strongly suspect
>> are related:
>>
>> Event Type: Error
>> Event Source: MSExchangeSA
>> Event Category: Monitoring
>> Event ID: 9098
>> Date:  2/2/2006
>> Time:  10:21:33 PM
>> User:  N/A
>> Computer: AC2M6
>> The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the
>> DS,
>> error '0x80070005'.
>>
>> The error points to permission denied or some such thing. At about the
>> same
>> time (though often off by a couple of minutes) but with the same
>> frequency,
>> I'm getting security violations:
>>
>> Logon Failure:
>>  Reason:  Unknown user name or bad password
>>  User Name: <computer name>$
>>  Domain:  3BEARS
>>  Logon Type: 3
>>  Logon Process: NtLmSsp
>>  Authentication Package: NTLM
>>  Workstation Name: <computer name>
>>  Caller User Name: -
>>  Caller Domain: -
>>  Caller Logon ID: -
>>  Caller Process ID: -
>>  Transited Services: -
>>  Source Network Address: -
>>  Source Port: -
>>
>> I suspect that the two are tied together and that somehow the MAD service
>> is trying to use an inappropriate user or that the user doesn't have the
>> appropriate permissions.
>>
>> QUESTIONS:
>> A. Does this interpretation make sense?
>> B. What do I need to configure to fix this issue?
>>
>> The research I've done suggests that this was a problem in the past for
>> others but has long since been fixed by service packs.
>>
>> The system boots cleanly and chugs along nicely otherwise.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Al

0
ac21 (6)
2/7/2006 6:31:37 PM
Thanks for your prompt reply. I got an education investigating your
suggestion:-))) Since this is an SBS 2003 server, a good share of the magic
of a normal Exchange install was done automagically.

I ran adprep /forestprep and /domainprep from the 2003 SBS server setup
disk. Was this what you meant?

Both of them went on strike and said the job was already done so they
weren't about to do it again. (or words to that effect.)

More suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Al

"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Permissions are definitely screwed up and the five minute interval
> indicates an AD replication issue. So the question is what has changed in
> your environment? One relatively simple solution might be to rerun
> forestprep and domainprep. This will reset permissions and might fix your
> problem.
>
> Nue
> "Al Christoph" <ac2@too.net> wrote in message
>>I am running Exchange 2003 sp2 on SBS 2003 sp1.
>>
>> Every 5 minutes I get a pair of error conditions which I strongly suspect
>> are related:
>>
>> Event Type: Error
>> Event Source: MSExchangeSA
>> Event Category: Monitoring
>> Event ID: 9098
>> Date:  2/2/2006
>> Time:  10:21:33 PM
>> User:  N/A
>> Computer: AC2M6
>> The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the
>> DS,
>> error '0x80070005'.
>>
>> The error points to permission denied or some such thing. At about the
>> same
>> time (though often off by a couple of minutes) but with the same
>> frequency,
>> I'm getting security violations:
>>
>> Logon Failure:
>>  Reason:  Unknown user name or bad password
>>  User Name: <computer name>$
>>  Domain:  3BEARS
>>  Logon Type: 3
>>  Logon Process: NtLmSsp
>>  Authentication Package: NTLM
>>  Workstation Name: <computer name>
>>  Caller User Name: -
>>  Caller Domain: -
>>  Caller Logon ID: -
>>  Caller Process ID: -
>>  Transited Services: -
>>  Source Network Address: -
>>  Source Port: -
>>
>> I suspect that the two are tied together and that somehow the MAD service
>> is trying to use an inappropriate user or that the user doesn't have the
>> appropriate permissions.
>>
>> QUESTIONS:
>> A. Does this interpretation make sense?
>> B. What do I need to configure to fix this issue?
>>
>> The research I've done suggests that this was a problem in the past for
>> others but has long since been fixed by service packs.
>>
>> The system boots cleanly and chugs along nicely otherwise.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Al

0
ac21 (6)
2/7/2006 6:34:27 PM
Iinteresting article but everything checked out.

Regards,
Al

> Your Exchange server computer account permissions might be missing. Here
> is one article to follow through:

> Nue
> "Al Christoph" <ac2@too.net> wrote in message
>> Thanks for your prompt reply. I got an education investigating your
>> suggestion:-))) Since this is an SBS 2003 server, a good share of the
>> magic of a normal Exchange install was done automagically.
>>
>> I ran adprep /forestprep and /domainprep from the 2003 SBS server setup
>> disk. Was this what you meant?
>>
>> Both of them went on strike and said the job was already done so they
>> weren't about to do it again. (or words to that effect.)
>>
>> More suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Al
>>
>> "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Permissions are definitely screwed up and the five minute interval
>>> indicates an AD replication issue. So the question is what has changed
>>> in your environment? One relatively simple solution might be to rerun
>>> forestprep and domainprep. This will reset permissions and might fix
>>> your problem.
>>>
>>> Nue
>>> "Al Christoph" <ac2@too.net> wrote in message

0
ac21 (6)

Unable to open the outlook. The set of folders could not be opened
I don't know if i have to post this problem here are in the outlook newsgroup. Following is the problem. We are migrating from Exchange and Windows 2000 to 2003. Exchange 2000 SP3 installed on windows 2000 SP3, and Exchange 2003 SP2 installed on Windows 2003 Sp1. Clients: Windows XP SP2 and Office 2003 SP2 A few weeks ago we moved a few users mailboxes, myself included, from 2000 to 2003. No problems, everything working fine. Last weekend i installed the MS updates, released this mounth, on the servers and the windows XP clients. On the local network everything is working great, but u...

I like threads again
Sorry for this second post but I need help. Turns out that the thread hang from my previous post is due to hardware or hardware driver. I'm using a usb to serial cable for communications and the cable or driver does not handle abnormal termination very well. I have 2 cables and get 2 different problems. One hangs the thread (won't let it complete close) and the other won't let me reconnect after closing the port when the error occurs. In both cases I have to unplug the cables and plug them back in to reset the condition. I know this probably isn't the place to post but i...

Read receipts stay in Outbox
When I get a request for a read receipt and click yes on the dialogue box it appears to send. But on checking it is in the outbox. I have to manually send the reply. I have checked "send messages immediately when connected"in Options/mail delivery/mail accounts. Is there some where else or some other option I need to set. any help appreciated. ...

reading text file with MFC
Hi, This is a newbie question so I hope somebody can help me. I have a text file with 4 columns delimited by whitespaces. They basically represent a barcode, a product name, a quantity and a price. Here is an example: 342432324342 Name of Product 20 12.78 So, I am trying to read this file line by line, extract each column and process it. Either I am missing something, or this is kind of complicated. This is my idea of doing this so far: CStdioFile stdFile; CFileException CFileEx; if(!stdFile.Open(_T("C:\\products.txt"), CFile::modeNoTruncate | ...

HELP: big problem with Excel, source cells, crashing and general madness
I have been on microsoft.public.excel.crashesgpfs but so far just the one reply (from someone who has exactly the same problem as we do and has not yet solved it either). Anyone here can help??? My boss has this massive Excel spreadsheet with a number of worksheets linked with other spreadsheets etc. He is using Excel 2000 on Office 2000. His computer was crashing with the above whenever he tried to do work on it. We bought him a brand new computer, 1 gig of RAM, 80 GB of HDD. We're a small company - a charity - so this was as powerful as we could afford. This was a week ago and it&#...

Query Madness
Hello, For the Love of money i cant understand why my query wont Show my related information which is in another table. what im trying to do is from a particular table "tbl_ProjectAnalysis" Under the primary key field "ProjectQNo" is select a project, this field has a lookup query statement which looks up from table "tbl_Projects" Field "ProjectQNo and Field "ProjectTitle" but the bound column is "ProjectQNo" the 2 Tables are have a relationship as a 1 to 1 between the fields "ProjectQno" and "ProjectQno" I created ...

Unable to Create Entities
Have an interesting problem. We create attributes on entities without any problems. When trying to create an entity we get the message below: "An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator." The installation is on roll-up 2. The user has full access as the user is classified as a System Administrator.Anyone experience this or have any ideas to try? John Hi John, Can you go to the web.config file and turn on the DEV error. It will give you more information on the error rather than the generic one. You can post the error here so we can try to ...

unable to send/receive mails after pst size 1.9GB
Dear All, I am using Microsoft Office 2003. Earlier I was using office 97. Whenever PST size of my mailbox increased upto 1.9GB. I am unable to send and receive the mails. As per my knowledge Outlook 2003 supports upto 20GB. After creating the new PST, I am able to send / receive the mails. Please help me. Thanks in Advance. Deepak Sharma "Deepak Sharma" <DeepakSharma@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:39B6AEC4-2C66-4CFF-B497-72418CDF29E0@microsoft.com... > I am using Microsoft Office 2003. Earlier I was using office 97. Whenever > PST size o...

unable to archive #3
Hi, While i am trying to archive mails, i am getting following error"can't move the items.Some items could not be moved. They were already moved or deleted, or access was denied" Please help me. Clear your Deleted Items Folder and run Compact Now. Then run scanpst.exe against your pst-file to scan it for errors and try it again. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Akhlesh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Workflow Monitor 08-29-06
Is it possible to access Workflow Monitor without local administrative rights on CRM Server ? FAF, See http://www.cwrmobility.nl/weblog/2006/01/remote-management-and-monitoring-of.html Alex "FAF" <FAF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77038ADD-4DFC-44BE-BCD0-7178D275FCFE@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to access Workflow Monitor without local administrative > rights > on CRM Server ? ...

configuring and inserting data in the outlook express thru html
Hi, I want to insert the to, from, cc, bcc, subject and text data from the html to outlook express. How to configure outlook express throught html provide html tags with attributes to handle outlook express thanks in advance by Nandakumar ...

Unable to open access 2007 input form .
Unable to open access 2007 input form. Previously converted database from MS Office Access 2000. When trying to open input form with macro get error message " The open form action was canceled" along with error number "2950". For response please email me mlongoria1948@msn.com. I tried to write this email address on sign-up form but program would not allow it . ...

newb-like question on threads
OK, so I thought I knew what a 'thread' was. But maybe not anymore... Basically, I just took the quick & dirty view that a thread was just a path of execution for an app. But anyway... I found this line of documentation for a function I wanted to use: "XXXEvent() does not return until the specified event occurs. For this reason, it is best used inside of a thread." Um... OK, newbiness now. How would I (not that I want to) get this function 'outside' of a thread? Thanks. djarvinen@gmail.com wrote: > OK, so I thought I knew what a 'thread' was. ...

Outlook erases email after reading
Outlook has begun erasing my email. I receive an email, I can open it and read it, but when I close the window it disappears and is nowhere to be found! Yes - I have set it so that it keeps a copy on the server. HELP! Check your view. You're probably set to unread messages. View, Current View or View Arrange By, Current View in Outlook 2003. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Martin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0...

unable to open free/busy information
Im getting this error when open the contect inside a shared calender in Outlook 2003 SP2, and dont know whats going on... I tried to repair MS Office, but not work, is there any ways to solved the problem? thanks a lot. ...

ndislwf monitoring filter preventing network connectivity
Hi, I've modified the ndislwf to be a monitoring filter that binds below at the native 802.11 layer (below native wifi) at the "custom" level in Windows Vista. The sample works great, but the problem is whenever I install the driver it prevents network connectivity. I'm NOT putting it into monitor mode or some such where it can't sustain active connections, nor have I changed anything in ndislwf that, as far as I know, would cause this (it's still a "pass through" filter). When I do an "ipconfig /all" in a command window after it has be...

2008 server unable to ping sbs 2003 box
All, Recently purchased a new 2008 server. I added this new server to our SBS 2003 environment. I was able to JOIN the sbs domain. My problem now is that I can not ping the sbs box or any other TS server on the network. I assigned the new server the following IP information: IP address: 192.168.1.11 Mask: 255.255.255.0 Gateway: 192.168.1.1 DNS 192.168.1.2 (this is the SBS box) Our SBS box is using one NIC card. We have a router that is handling our firewall. Thank you, Th...

Struggling with Windows Live Mail configuration
Hello, I've been searching on and off here and on the 'net in general, ever since moving to Windows 7 from XP last November. Outlook Express may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it suited my workflow very well. Windows Live Mail is naturally the closest match to OE, but so far I can't get it configured to work as efficiently for me. I do have some preferences which may be at the heart of my troubles with WLM. But I hope someone can help me overcome them. 1. I prefer to request all receiving and sending of email and newsgroup posts manually. So all of ...

CRecordSet madness
I have an application that uses an ODBC interface to an Access Database. What I can not figure out is the convoluted set of steps that are seemingly necessary *just* to find out how many rows there are in a current table. Why a method like CRecordSet::GetRecordCount cannot simply and reliably return the absolute and correct number of rows, is a mystery. Assuming I may be missing something...say you wanted to populate a CComboBox with integers that are read from a database table. You want the selectable options in the comboBox to be precisely matching the integers (primary keys) in the datab...

Setup unable to install some of the compents
Has anyone seen this message before. I am trying to just install Microsoft Money 2006 Deluxe. Thanks setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run money. Try installing money again I am having same issue! "Troy" wrote: > Has anyone seen this message before. I am trying to just install Microsoft > Money 2006 Deluxe. > > Thanks > > setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run money. Try > installing money again In microsoft.public.money, Troy wrote: >Has anyone seen this message before. I am trying to just inst...

Essential Account Register
I have been using Money for almost nine years. When I upgraded to Money 2005 Premium the program took it upon itself to create duplicate accounts for my checking, savings, and credit card that link to the bank I use. I believe Money calls them "Essential Account Registers" but they're totally worthless. If you had never used Money before or didn't like to keep track of transactions perhaps you'd find it useful but in my case I am very diligent about keeping track of all of our purchases and credits. Given the thousands of transactions that already exist for the...

Unable to track email or route emails
When tracking email in outlook i receive the following error: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. When i check the trace file on the crm server the following is logged: [2006-06-07 22:21:17.7] Process: w3wp |Thread: 2712 |Category: Platform.Soap |User: xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx |Level: Warning | SoapContext.DumpErrorResponse >SOAP Request failed: >Url:http://xxxx/MSCRMServices/Email.asmx >MethodName:CheckPromote >Response: ><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> ><soap:Envelope xmlns:soa...

How to get monitor,memory serail numbers
Dear all, Please help me how to get serial numbers of memory and monitor - whether we can get this details in registry or by using any api or wmi - plz help me Regards Sankar Memory rarely, if ever, has a serial number. As for the monitor, that depends on the nature of the video device driver, and that's getting into areas I've never worked in. joe On 30 Jun 2004 23:10:41 -0700, swsiintr@hclinsys.com (Sankar-R) wrote: >Dear all, > Please help me how to get serial numbers of memory and monitor - >whether we can get this details in registry or by using any api o...

Configuring a single mailbox to automatically old email...
On a number of the servers that we maintain we route spam to a spam@domain.com mailbox... These boxes get pretty full pretty quick and then it becomes difficult for the persons monitoring them to delete anything in a timely fashion... Is there a way to set parameters for either a single mailbox or a group of boxes to say automatically delete anything older then say 15 days? Thanks, Q Logic Q Logic wrote: > On a number of the servers that we maintain we route spam to a > spam@domain.com mailbox... These boxes get pretty full pretty quick > and then it becomes difficult for the p...

how do I monitor the ip address my computer is up/downloading from
My Netmeter shows traffic in and out without my instruction - about 10mb uploaded and 60 to 80 mb downloading per day. How do I find the ip addresses being accesssed. I want to know where it is sending to ! or getting from ! In news:108287C6-81C0-485D-8D95-EFA306FF81B8@microsoft.com =?Utf-8?B?RXJyb2w=?= <Errol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My Netmeter shows traffic in and out without my instruction - about > 10mb uploaded and 60 to 80 mb downloading per day. How do I find the > ip addresses being accesssed. I want to know where it is sending to ! > or gett...