The connection was dropped by the remote host. #2

All of a sudden, e-mail being sent to a domain are "delayed".  I see
the domain and messages in the "Queues" section of Exchange
System Manager with the message of, "The connection was dropped by the
remote host."

I can telnet to the MX record of the domain in question.

We get these message delayed messages from my exchange server but
after a couple of days the message just disappear and never get to
there destination.

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,

William

0
pkowal74 (5)

what's the email domain?  if you  try to send an email via that telnet
session, do you get the same result?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"howard" <pkowal74@gmail.com> wrote in message
> All of a sudden, e-mail being sent to a domain are "delayed".  I see
> the domain and messages in the "Queues" section of Exchange
> System Manager with the message of, "The connection was dropped by the
> remote host."
>
> I can telnet to the MX record of the domain in question.
>
> We get these message delayed messages from my exchange server but
> after a couple of days the message just disappear and never get to
> there destination.
>
> Anyone else had this issue?
>
> Thanks,
>
> William

0
sconkey (3059)
1/29/2007 5:10:25 PM
It sounds like this domain is blocking your server. Probably through their
anti-spam filter.

When you telnet do you actually manage to send an email to this domain?
You can see how to submit an email through telnet from here:
http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/031/telnetport25.htm

Also are you receiving NDRs? If Exchange fails to deliver an email due to
email rejection, it will generate an NDR unless you disabled them. It will
be useful for you to see what the NDR reports.

Check the NDR settings from the Exchange System Manager:
Global Settings | Internet Message Formats | Default <properties> | Advanced

--
Alexander Zammit
WinDeveloper Software

"howard" <pkowal74@gmail.com> wrote in message
> All of a sudden, e-mail being sent to a domain are "delayed".  I see
> the domain and messages in the "Queues" section of Exchange
> System Manager with the message of, "The connection was dropped by the
> remote host."
>
> I can telnet to the MX record of the domain in question.
>
> We get these message delayed messages from my exchange server but
> after a couple of days the message just disappear and never get to
> there destination.
>
> Anyone else had this issue?
>
> Thanks,
>
> William

0
Alexander
1/29/2007 5:59:33 PM
This is Howard here:

Stange, but now when I try to Telnet, I get a blank DOS screen that
kicks me back to a prompt when I try to type HELO...

Maybe I can't even Telnet.  The two domains are
Canadian...sympatico.ca and bellnet.ca

On Jan 29, 9:59 am, "Alexander Zammit" <alex@respond_to_group> wrote:
> It sounds like this domain is blocking your server. Probably through their
> anti-spam filter.
>
> When you telnet do you actually manage to send an email to this domain?
> You can see how to submit an email through telnet from here:http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/031/telnetport25.htm
>
> Also are you receiving NDRs? If Exchange fails to deliver an email due to
> email rejection, it will generate an NDR unless you disabled them. It will
> be useful for you to see what the NDR reports.
>
> Check the NDR settings from the Exchange System Manager:
> Global Settings | Internet Message Formats | Default <properties> | Advanced
>
> --
> Alexander Zammit
> WinDeveloper Software
> IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Powerhttp://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/
>
> "howard" <pkowa...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:1170090113.593504.72040@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...
>

> > All of a sudden, e-mail being sent to a domain are "delayed".  I see
> > the domain and messages in the "Queues" section of Exchange
> > System Manager with the message of, "The connection was dropped by the
> > remote host."
>
> > I can telnet to the MX record of the domain in question.
>
> > We get these message delayed messages from my exchange server but
> > after a couple of days the message just disappear and never get to
> > there destination.
>
> > Anyone else had this issue?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > William- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

0
pkowal74 (5)
1/29/2007 7:15:25 PM
so are you telnetting on port 25?  doesn't look like there is anything wrong
with either of these email domains...

--

> This is Howard here:
>
> Stange, but now when I try to Telnet, I get a blank DOS screen that
> kicks me back to a prompt when I try to type HELO...
>
> Maybe I can't even Telnet.  The two domains are
> Canadian...sympatico.ca and bellnet.ca
>

> On Jan 29, 9:59 am, "Alexander Zammit" <alex@respond_to_group> wrote:
>> It sounds like this domain is blocking your server. Probably through
>> their
>> anti-spam filter.
>>
>> When you telnet do you actually manage to send an email to this domain?
>> You can see how to submit an email through telnet from
>> here:http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/031/telnetport25.htm
>>
>> Also are you receiving NDRs? If Exchange fails to deliver an email due to
>> email rejection, it will generate an NDR unless you disabled them. It
>> will
>> be useful for you to see what the NDR reports.
>>
>> Check the NDR settings from the Exchange System Manager:
>> Global Settings | Internet Message Formats | Default <properties> |
>>
>> --
>> Alexander Zammit
>> WinDeveloper Software
>> IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter
>> Powerhttp://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/
>>
>> "howard" <pkowa...@gmail.com> wrote in
>> messagenews:1170090113.593504.72040@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...
>>

>> > All of a sudden, e-mail being sent to a domain are "delayed".  I see
>> > the domain and messages in the "Queues" section of Exchange
>> > System Manager with the message of, "The connection was dropped by the
>> > remote host."
>>
>> > I can telnet to the MX record of the domain in question.
>>
>> > We get these message delayed messages from my exchange server but
>> > after a couple of days the message just disappear and never get to
>> > there destination.
>>
>> > Anyone else had this issue?
>>
>> > Thanks,
>>
>> > William- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

0
sconkey (3059)
1/29/2007 7:59:43 PM
It is likely this domain is blocking your IP.

Try testing your IP and DNS confuguration here:
http://www.dnsstuff.com

If you only have problems with sending to one domain than you may want to
try contacting them directly and ask them what the problem is.

--
Alexander Zammit
WinDeveloper Software
IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power
http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/

"howard" <pkowal74@gmail.com> wrote in message
> This is Howard here:
>
> Stange, but now when I try to Telnet, I get a blank DOS screen that
> kicks me back to a prompt when I try to type HELO...
>
> Maybe I can't even Telnet.  The two domains are
> Canadian...sympatico.ca and bellnet.ca
>

> On Jan 29, 9:59 am, "Alexander Zammit" <alex@respond_to_group> wrote:
>> It sounds like this domain is blocking your server. Probably through
>> their
>> anti-spam filter.
>>
>> When you telnet do you actually manage to send an email to this domain?
>> You can see how to submit an email through telnet from
>> here:http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/031/telnetport25.htm
>>
>> Also are you receiving NDRs? If Exchange fails to deliver an email due to
>> email rejection, it will generate an NDR unless you disabled them. It
>> will
>> be useful for you to see what the NDR reports.
>>
>> Check the NDR settings from the Exchange System Manager:
>> Global Settings | Internet Message Formats | Default <properties> |
>>
>> --
>> Alexander Zammit
>> WinDeveloper Software
>> IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter
>> Powerhttp://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/
>>
>> "howard" <pkowa...@gmail.com> wrote in
>> messagenews:1170090113.593504.72040@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...
>>

>> > All of a sudden, e-mail being sent to a domain are "delayed".  I see
>> > the domain and messages in the "Queues" section of Exchange
>> > System Manager with the message of, "The connection was dropped by the
>> > remote host."
>>
>> > I can telnet to the MX record of the domain in question.
>>
>> > We get these message delayed messages from my exchange server but
>> > after a couple of days the message just disappear and never get to
>> > there destination.
>>
>> > Anyone else had this issue?
>>
>> > Thanks,
>>
>> > William- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

0
Alexander
1/29/2007 8:12:04 PM
On Jan 29, 12:12 pm, "Alexander Zammit" <alex@respond_to_group> wrote:
> It is likely this domain is blocking your IP.
>
> Try testing your IP and DNS confuguration here:http://www.dnsstuff.com
>
> If you only have problems with sending to one domain than you may want to
> try contacting them directly and ask them what the problem is.
>
> --
> Alexander Zammit
> WinDeveloper Software
> IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Powerhttp://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/
>
> "howard" <pkowa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > This is Howard here:
>
> > Stange, but now when I try to Telnet, I get a blank DOS screen that
> > kicks me back to a prompt when I try to type HELO...
>
> > Maybe I can't even Telnet.  The two domains are
> > Canadian...sympatico.ca and bellnet.ca
>
> > On Jan 29, 9:59 am, "Alexander Zammit" <alex@respond_to_group> wrote:
> >> It sounds like this domain is blocking your server. Probably through
> >> their
> >> anti-spam filter.
>
> >> When you telnet do you actually manage to send an email to this domain?
> >> You can see how to submit an email through telnet from
> >> here:http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/031/telnetport25.htm
>
> >> Also are you receiving NDRs? If Exchange fails to deliver an email due to
> >> email rejection, it will generate an NDR unless you disabled them. It
> >> will
> >> be useful for you to see what the NDR reports.
>
> >> Check the NDR settings from the Exchange System Manager:
> >> Global Settings | Internet Message Formats | Default <properties> |
>
> >> --
> >> Alexander Zammit
> >> WinDeveloper Software
> >> IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter
> >> Powerhttp://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/
>
> >> "howard" <pkowa...@gmail.com> wrote in
> >> messagenews:1170090113.593504.72040@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...

I called the ISP in question and all they said was that they would
"escalate" this to this to their testing office and that I should get
an auto e-mail responce in 24-48 hours.
What can I do if these "auto-responders" don't get me the right
results?

Thanks Howard

0
pkowal74 (5)
1/30/2007 6:36:40 PM
You cannot do much beyond ensuring your IP is clean (not listed in any
public RBLs etc), your DNS is well configured and your servers are not an
open relay.

In this particular case maybe you could get a new public IP as a last
option.

Hope that they give you an answer why they are blocking your connections. If
they are maintaining a private black list then only they can remove you from
it.

If they blacklisted you, make sure to understand their blacklisting criteria
so that you don't run into the same problem once they remove you from the
list.

--

> On Jan 29, 12:12 pm, "Alexander Zammit" <alex@respond_to_group> wrote:
>> It is likely this domain is blocking your IP.
>>
>> Try testing your IP and DNS confuguration here:http://www.dnsstuff.com
>>
>> If you only have problems with sending to one domain than you may want to
>> try contacting them directly and ask them what the problem is.
>>
>> --
>> Alexander Zammit
>> WinDeveloper Software
>> IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter
>> Powerhttp://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/
>>
>> "howard" <pkowa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > This is Howard here:
>>
>> > Stange, but now when I try to Telnet, I get a blank DOS screen that
>> > kicks me back to a prompt when I try to type HELO...
>>
>> > Maybe I can't even Telnet.  The two domains are
>> > Canadian...sympatico.ca and bellnet.ca

> I called the ISP in question and all they said was that they would
> "escalate" this to this to their testing office and that I should get
> an auto e-mail responce in 24-48 hours.
> What can I do if these "auto-responders" don't get me the right
> results?
>
> Thanks Howard

0
Alexander

How do I print out more than one coupon in publisher? #2
I am trying to print out coupons in publisher but don't want just one per page. My coupon has a front and backside. Hope can help. Are you asking how to print a two sided coupon or how to put more than one coupon on a page? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "tcmb" <tcmb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C50A2C74-B5F5-4A55-8D15-325F9A401663@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print out coupons in publisher but don't want just one per > page. My coupon has a front and backside. > Hope can help. Determine the size of your coupon,...

comparing two columns? #2
I have two columns of phone numbers, one is column C and one is column D. I would like to take the numbers in column D and match them to the numbers in column C, removing the numbers that dont match. Can anyone help? Hi Steve Chip Pearson has a great page on working with duplicates ... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm have a look down the bottom of the page for comparing lists -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "steve g via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:7fe142636f88...

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

Print one jumbo postcard at a time, not 2 per page
I am printing on jumbo postcards that are already cut, so I need to print just one card at a time, beginning at the top margin. The only format option I can find for one per page is printing the card on the CENTER vertical half of the page, out of the middle of a sheet. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks! Tricia It's much easier to forget about special formats/templates/wizards for this type of printing. I use this quick and dirty method. Use a blank page and either copy the existing postcard to that page or create it from scratch. On the screen, position the postcard so ...

Date issues #2
i have a date appearing in excel as 1000203 and I need it converted to 03/02/2000, any help would be good. Thanks. Hi Neville i've replied under a previous post from you entitiled "more date conversions" ... will my solutions work for your situation? Cheers julieD "Neville" <Neville@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F143DA8D-81B2-4A91-B6F9-F2A236A29D8F@microsoft.com... >i have a date appearing in excel as 1000203 and I need it converted to > 03/02/2000, any help would be good. Thanks. On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:09:01 -0800, "Nevi...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Moss 2007 won't crawl WSS 2.0 managed paths
I'm trying to crawl some WSS 2.0 managed paths from Moss 2007 search. I have the following crawl rules setup in Moss: http://rootsite/* http://rootsite/apps/* http://rootsite/projs/* The http://rootsite gets crawled, but not the managed paths. I've tried everything I can think of to get Moss to crawl the WSS 2.0 managed paths. Is there some kind of configuration setting on the WSS 2.0 site I'm missing to enable the managed paths to be crawled? ...

Excel Unable to Open Browser #2
SFEcon is website that stages MSWord and Excel documents for download. These documents contain links back to the site allowing ou correspondents to view web pages that explain things in the documents. We recently upgraded our operation with a new P4 computer, and fin Excel behaving strangely in that clicking on a link in one of ou spreadsheets yields the following error: Microsoft Excel �Unable to open http://www.sfecon.com/GEP.htm. Cannot locate th internet server or proxy server.� The problem does NOT occur with links embedded in MSWord documents. We are able to isolate the error furt...

GainsKeeper #2
GainsKeeper is well worth while the $s it cost for me. Handled wash sales, options, pre and post May sales well. I import directly into it from my brokers rather than from Money. Hank ...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

print options #2
how i move my printing around to print on one page? Highlight the area you want printed, click on File...Print Area...Set Print Area. Go to File...Print.....in the print range area force it to 1 one page. "andrew a" wrote: > how i move my printing around to print on one page? ...

Sync two drop down lists
Hi, could somebody please help me out with this problem. Let's say that I have two sheets and an identical drop box list on both of these sheets. That is, both drop boxes give the user the same/ identical choices of selectable alternatives. I want these boxes to be in sync: if the user selects "apples" on one sheet... the drop box on the other sheet should automatically change to "apples" as well. As the user may initialize the change on any of the two sheets, the sync needs to work both ways (always updating according to the latest change). Can this be done using lis...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

Drop Down Menu
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C51284.8D46FD30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How can you set the File Drop Down Menu to open all the way instead of = having to select the little arrows to get it to drop down all the way? = Thanks. This happens in other programs too. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C51284.8D46FD30 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN&q...

Problem working offline, 2 GB limit.
Hi. I,ve got a problem working offline from my Exchange 2000 server. The problem is that I�ve got more than 2 GB of email and my offline store cant be bigger than that. Is there something I can do to be able to take my entire mailbox with offline?, or is it a limit in outlook? My outlook has been upgraded from 97->2000->xp->2003, but I have removew the ..ost and created a new one with Outlook 2003. /Erik Erik, I do not believe that you can go over 2GB for offline storage (.ost). More importantly I would not suggest you do it that way even if you could. That is a lot of d...

drag and drop
hi I am Using VS2008 and WindowsForms how can I drag and drop a datagridviewrow over a treenode ? I have a treeview like in the Explorer on left side of a panel, and on the right side I have a datagridView, and I need to drag and drop a row from that grid to the treenode thanks for some code example or link reference bye Sergio T explained : > hi > > I am Using VS2008 and WindowsForms > > how can I drag and drop a datagridviewrow over a treenode ? > > I have a treeview like in the Explorer on left side of a panel, and on the > righ...

New Shots of Office 2007 Beta 2 on Aero
New Shots of Office 2007 Beta 2 on Aero If you like Vista's transparency teamed with the new Office 2007 look, then you'll love these screenshots. For more details: http://ttcom.blogspot.com/2006/05/new-shots-of-office-2007-beta-2-on.html <ttadword@gmail.com> wrote: > New Shots of Office 2007 Beta 2 on Aero > > If you like Vista's transparency teamed with the new Office 2007 look, > then you'll love these screenshots. It looks "cleaner" thank the previous shots I saw, but I still don't know what to think about their "dynamic toolbar&...

VCard #2
How do I post my VCard within the body of my message? Everytime I insert the card it comes up as an attachment. That what's a Vcard is, what is it that you want to do with a Contact "Cheri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:089f01c3d919$6cfac750$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I post my VCard within the body of my message? > Everytime I insert the card it comes up as an attachment. ...

Configure smart host to handle ALL e-mail?
We are currently trying to move all e-mail accounts from one Exchange 2000 server in a broken AD to another Exchange 2000 server in a new, healthy AD. We plan on doing this by migratng accounts one by one to the new server. As this will take several days, we are using a Sendmail server to route inbound messages to whichever server each receiving account resides. Because we are counting on Sendmail to route the messages, we want ALL e-mail, including same-domain e-mail, to route through the Sendmail server. We have configured it as a smart host, but we are only getting out-of-domain outboun...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

Inventory Reconcile #2
We just upgraded from Great Plains 6.0 to GP 7.5 and plan to upgrade to 9.0 in the next few months. In GP6.0 the Inventory Reconcile process would general run from beginning to end in about 5 hours, since we upgraded to GP7.5 the Inventory Reconcile process now takes over 48 hours. Any idea what might have changed or what we might look at? Thanks Definitely looks like you'll need some SQL optimization for this one. Re-indexing the inventory tables may be a solution. You would be best to find a competent Infrastructure/GP Partner to help you with this. If you can't locate on...

Fill Color #2
How can a custom fill color be used to fill cells? Thanks, keith ...