The connection was dropped by remote host

In the queue of Exchange 2003, there is a item with this message:

The connection was dropped by remote host

Why occurs? how to fix this problem?

Thanks
Teo
0
Teodoro (3)

Could be a number of reasons. Take a look at the SMTP logs to try and get
more information. It may just be a transient error.

Nue

"Teodoro" <Teodoro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In the queue of Exchange 2003, there is a item with this message:
>
> The connection was dropped by remote host
>
> Why occurs? how to fix this problem?
>
> Thanks
> Teo

0
imaneophyte (3005)

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Sync two drop down lists
Hi, could somebody please help me out with this problem. Let's say that I have two sheets and an identical drop box list on both of these sheets. That is, both drop boxes give the user the same/ identical choices of selectable alternatives. I want these boxes to be in sync: if the user selects "apples" on one sheet... the drop box on the other sheet should automatically change to "apples" as well. As the user may initialize the change on any of the two sheets, the sync needs to work both ways (always updating according to the latest change). Can this be done using lis...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

Drop Down Menu
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C51284.8D46FD30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How can you set the File Drop Down Menu to open all the way instead of = having to select the little arrows to get it to drop down all the way? = Thanks. This happens in other programs too. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C51284.8D46FD30 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN&q...

Configure smart host to handle ALL e-mail?
We are currently trying to move all e-mail accounts from one Exchange 2000 server in a broken AD to another Exchange 2000 server in a new, healthy AD. We plan on doing this by migratng accounts one by one to the new server. As this will take several days, we are using a Sendmail server to route inbound messages to whichever server each receiving account resides. Because we are counting on Sendmail to route the messages, we want ALL e-mail, including same-domain e-mail, to route through the Sendmail server. We have configured it as a smart host, but we are only getting out-of-domain outboun...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

drag and drop
hi I am Using VS2008 and WindowsForms how can I drag and drop a datagridviewrow over a treenode ? I have a treeview like in the Explorer on left side of a panel, and on the right side I have a datagridView, and I need to drag and drop a row from that grid to the treenode thanks for some code example or link reference bye Sergio T explained : > hi > > I am Using VS2008 and WindowsForms > > how can I drag and drop a datagridviewrow over a treenode ? > > I have a treeview like in the Explorer on left side of a panel, and on the > righ...

Drag & Drop text
Hello, Implementing drag & drop in C# seems pretty easy. However, in attempting to do so I ran into an issue that I don't understand. I found that I could drag & drop icons but when I tried to drag & drop text it would always display the red circle with the bar through it, so I would never even get to the point of being allowed to drop it. As first I thought it was something wrong in my code (which it may still be), but when I tried to drag & drop text between two 3rd party text editor applications like Wordpad and UltraEdit, it wouldn't let me do th...

Hotmail connection
I'm new to Microsoft Outlook, and want to view and send email using Microsoft Outlook. I have used Hotmail for quite a while, and am looking for a method of "re-routing". (?) I played around with the configurations, but still could not connect to my hotmail accout through Outlook. Can any one help? Thanks. Which version of Outlook? Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) (9.0.0.2711) Internet Mail Only Copyright (c) 1995-1999 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved. "miker67@gmail.com" wrote: > Which version of Outlook? > > zephyrus17 <zephyrus17@discussions.micros...

Intranet Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to connect 5 computers using Outlook XP intranet. What is = the best way to connect them....using MS mail, MS Exchange, etc. Thanks Douglas ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

IE8 and Firefox won't connect to Yuku?
I've been having an issue tonight where my internet won't connect to the Yuku site first on IE8 then on Firefox, both sites got the same screen telling me it's an inactive site and I have connection issues. I ran the trouble shooter and it's telling me I don't have an issue? I'm on Windows 7 upgrade from XP, Windows Firewall is on, spyware is AVG and Spybot. I checked all the settings and nothing looked different as I was on the site like 2 days ago. Any ideas on what the problem is? Maybe you do have connection issues? 4thjet wrote: > I've been ...

Hosting & GAL
Hi I need to restrict access to the GAL as we are hosting multiple domain on the exchange. I also need to create multiple address lists for each company. Removing permissions from the GAL seems a little dangerous as the users still need to authenticate against it from what I understand. Is there a procedure for this other that article 822940 as this does not seem to take into account special permissions. Any help would be much appreciated These should help you: http://www.winnetmag.com/Articles/Print.cfm?ArticleID=25469 - I think this requires subscription. It's the best I can rec...

Drop Ship PO with incorrect SHIP TO address
When creating a purchase order from a drop ship FILLORDER, the SHIP TO address sometimes does not print the correct address. It will be filled in with the VENDOR address, not the drop ship customer's address. It will not always do this, it appears to be random. I'm sure that there is some field that hasn't been checked. Any suggestions? -- Pam ...

Maintain network connectivity on shutdown?
Hello, we have added a script to run at Windows shutdown and in testing it seems to at least run, but the problem is part of the script process that needs to access a server on our network fails because it appears that network connectivity has been dropped at this point in the shutdown process. Is there any way to set it so that network connectivity is retained on shutdown? For example, if there is still at least IP connectivity (but the WINS service has been shutdown), then could we run something on a command line to invoke the network resource? Any help would be greatly appreci...

No Internet connections in Network connections!!!
Hi im new to this forum and really need help. Yesterday I decided to set up my computer again (It had been in the garage because I wasn't using it for a while). Anyways, when I first started it up it worked fine and the internet connection worked as well. Later on it began to shut off unexpectedly if i tried to remove a program through task manager that wasn't working, so since it didn't have any important data, I decided to reformat my hardrive and reinstall microsoft xp. When I started up my cpu again, I noticed that there were no connections, even though I had not unp...

Problem accessing remote SQL Server from C# application
I have a remote SQL Sever 2008 DB which works flawlessly when using Management Studio. However, whenever I try to reach the DB from a C# app developed on Visual Studio 2008, I get "40 =96 could not open a connection to SQL server" or something similar. I guess it has nothing to do with the connection to the server, since port 1433 is open on the server, and I can access the data, and perform any operarion with it, using Management Studio. Is there any other thing I should try? Thanks is advance http://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/archive/2006/09/30/SQL-Server-2005-Remot...

Remotely connect to SBS 2003
I'm a little new here. Trying to remotely connect to a SBS2003 server. However, the ISP uses DHCP to assign addresses so every 2 days the external IP changes. How can I connect to the server without asking someone at the office to give me the new external IP all the time? I've already assigned a static IP to the server in the range of 192.168.1.XXX and allowed port 3389 to that address in the router. I can connect fine when I have the correct external IP. Thanks in advance! R. Hi Remi: Welcome..... You should have a static IP address, or a dynamic to static t...

Problem connecting socket
On one machine I am having problems making a socket connection. When I try to connect, I immediately get an FD_CONNECT notification response with a WSAENOTCONN error. Sometimes the connection works; most of the time it doesn't. I don't think I am doing anything fancy. The code has not changed and has been working for awhile. Suddenly this machine seems to have a problem. Below is the connection code without the notification code. Can someone think of something to look for? Thanks /*******************/ /* Create a socket */ /*******************/ m_hSocket = socket(PF_INET,...

Connections in Exchange 2003 server showing 2 connections.
My exchange server keeps giving me the following error in the event log: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: Routing Engine/Service Event ID: 929 Date: 9/21/2004 Time: 1:15:24 PM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE Description: Failed in reading Connector's DS Info Process Id: 1940 Process location: C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe ConnectorDN: CN=IST external mail,CN=Connections,CN=First Routing Group,CN=Routing Groups,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Gr...