Text Wrap on Internet Messages BROKEN???

I am running Exchange 2003 SP2. A user complained that long URL's that were
being sent to external mail accounts were being split at column 72. I
verified with my external account that this was indeed happening.

Here's what I've done so far:
1. I checked the default global policy and text wrap was set to never. (We
have no other Internet Message Format policies.)
2. I verified that the messages that I was sending were plain-text messages.
3. I verified that my Outlook options were set to do word wrapping at column
132.
4. I verified that plain-text messages sent to my Exchange account did not
wrap.
5. I changed the default IMF policy to do text wrapping at column 132 and
the problem disappeared. The URLs were not split.

So it seems as if the Message Text Word Wrap set to never doesn't appear to
work. Does anybody have similar experience or knowledge on this one? I
remember in 5.5 you needed to set the value to 300 and then back to 0 to get
it to work but that doesn't seem to work with 2003.

Thanks!

--
Pat Allen
Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI)

Hello Pat,

Thank you for posting.

From your post, my understanding on this issue is: The log URLs were split
at column 72. If I'm off base, please feel free to let me know.

I think we should verify if the problem is caused by some wrong
configuration on your server. So please perform the following tests on your
end:
1.	Send a test mail to me at: v-jochen@microsoft.com.
2.	Send a test mail to another internal user.

If the mail I receive is correct, the problem is cause by the external mail
system.

In addition, POP3 and IMAP line-wrap set to 72 characters by default. Maybe
this is the root cause.
Default IMAP4 line-wrap set to 72 characters
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=238183
Default POP3 line-wrap set to 72 characters
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=219031

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely,
John Chen, MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, MCSD
Microsoft Online Partner Support

from your issue.

v-jochen (143)
5/26/2006 8:07:03 AM
Hi Pat,

Thank you for your update.

I think you can set the value to "0" and then the URLs sent in plain text
did not wrap.
1. Open ESM.
2. Expend Internet message formats.
3. Right click Default on the right panel and click Properties.
4. Click Advanced and set Use at column to 0.
5. Test again.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
John Chen, MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, MCSD
Microsoft Online Partner Support

from your issue.

v-jochen (143)

TEXT = text

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

setting up office messaging
I appreciate any help. I am taking on a new job (finally employed) and my first tast is to set up inner office mail. Is it possible to use Outlook 2002 to set up inner office mail using their network connection? At this time they do not have individual email accounts for their business. Thank you for your help Christine ...

Messages moved to deleted items from inbox.
Any fixes for this problem? I am experienceing the same issue on an Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003 platform. Thanks, Mark Messages are being moved from the Inbox to Deleted Items? Either someone else has access to the mailbox and is moving them (unlikely), or someone has setup something like the Mailbox Manager to move them for you (more likely). -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ <Markbolo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1172012913.750438.307550@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Any fixes for this problem? I am experienceing the same issue on...

? before every message
It has come to my attention that everytime a user sends out an email there is always a ? before the actual message. This is happing with exchange 2003 sp2 and the users only use the owa, what can i do about this? was that happened after applying sp2? ? sign is in the message body or before the user name? if they send messages via outlook client, does some problem occur? volkan systems engineer "Alex" wrote: > It has come to my attention that everytime a user sends out an email there is > always a ? before the actual message. > > This is happing with exchange 20...

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Can't track message from outside to inside after enable message tracking on exchange 5.5 #2
Dear, I am using a Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Window 2000 SP4 We would want to track all message for debug use. So, I have enable the message Tracking. After enable it, I find that it can track the information for send mail between internal and send mail from internal to external But can't tray the information from outside to internal mailbox. I have do below setting on my exchange server, Is there any missing on the setting. Hope anyone can give me some help 1) Information Store Site Configuration Properties --> General --> tick Enable message tracking box 2) MTA Site Configuration P...

Function is not availalbe in expressions in query expression error message (0/1)
I recently received this error message when opening the source DB in Access 2007. I have attached two jpg pics. Does this error message give enough details for someone to point me in the right direction for a fix? The last time I developed and worked in this DB everything worked fine. I get this error when clicking on a control that runs a query macro against a backend DB consisting of about 15 tables. I should mention the error comes into play when trying to run the frontend on a client W/S. I don't see the error while on my W/S which is my developer W/S and has Acce...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Uploading Inbox on the Internet mail server
When I first attempted to connect to my inbox Outlook deleted all my messages on Internet mail server, I want they to be there too, what I can do? Thanks. LevanM wrote: || When I first attempted to connect to my inbox Outlook deleted all my || messages on Internet mail server, I want they to be there too, what || I can do? || Thanks. Configure your email account to leave messages on the server. -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

Printing HTML formatted messages
I have noticed that when I print HTML formatted messages, the current date is printed in the lower left corner of every page. It also seems do ignore the Header/Footer settings form the memo or table style settings. Can I disable the date from printing out on the page? Thanks. Ben ...

Variable ID in message map
I have a base dialog in one dll that is used by derived dialogs in other dlls. Currently, the base dialog uses some edit controls. In order to use resource pools from the other dlls, the derived classes (which have more controls) pass IDs of controls present in the base class, in the constructor. Now, I need to add a checkbox and a combobox to the base class. As for the other controls present in the base class, I tried to pass IDs for the boxes in the constructor or another function. However, I run into a problem when trying to use variable control IDs in the message map of the base cl...

Null in text box

incoming messages disappear
Now and again I start up Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 64 bit and a new header for an email flashes uo briefly in my Inbox and then disappears. I never see it again. if there are three or four messages it is only the first one that goes. Can any explain this and tell me how to recover those messages? Are you using the preview pane? Be sure you have "View - Show or Hide - Show all messages" selected. You may also want to increase "Tools - Options - Read - Mark messages read after __ seconds". "Quilljar" <Quilljar@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Re: Using Text Styles

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

FWD: Prove these internet package which comes from the MS
--eeqatzikapmw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ikyunzeitiicqzd"; type="multipart/alternative" --ikyunzeitiicqzd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nbytspeamoaap" --nbytspeamoaap Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to mainta...

No permission to save message(s)
Hello, Here is an error I'm getting more and more when using Outlook. It's a message called "You don't have the appropriate permission to perform this operation". It happens when I read a message encrypted with PGP per example, decrypt it, and then try to save my e-mail again. It also happens sometimes if I just try to move and e-mail from one folder to another. I am using Outlook Offline. It's Windows XP. Outlook 2002, SP2. Has anyone seen this error before. Is there a security setting in Outlook XP that creates this problem ? Help of all kinds welcomed...