tempdfrg.edb

after a failed ESEUTIL running(ran out of space), can the
tempdfrg.edb file that was created be deleted without any
issues to the the Exchange files? the file resides in the
winnt\system32 directory..

thank you..
0
nowbiteme (3)

yes.

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 06:42:24 -0700, "tim" <nowbiteme@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>after a failed ESEUTIL running(ran out of space), can the
>tempdfrg.edb file that was created be deleted without any
>issues to the the Exchange files? the file resides in the
>winnt\system32 directory..
>
>thank you..

0
adavid (8731)

copying the priv.edb and pub.edb files
I need to copy the priv.edb and pub.edb files to another server to do an offline defragment of the database to try and fix some corruption. I have stopped the information store (also stopped all the services) and tried to copy the file. It tells me access denied, the file may be in use. I also tried rebooting the serve with the services set to manual. This did not work. Thanks for any help. Try stopping the Exchange System Attendant too. -mark >-----Original Message----- >I need to copy the priv.edb and pub.edb files to another server to do an >offline defragment of the dat...

unexpected growth of EDB
My org consist exch2k3 sp2 - w2003 sp1. Today i have stated that one file .edb is growing rapidly, the other DB are not affected in event viewer i have no errors... Any idea!? Anything in the Application event log? How big is the DB and grwoth? "MMC" wrote: > My org consist exch2k3 sp2 - w2003 sp1. > Today i have stated that one file .edb is growing rapidly, the other DB are > not affected in event viewer i have no errors... > Any idea!? > > > See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555360/en-us Nue "SW" <SW@discussions.mic...

priv.edb
can I extract the mails from priv.edb file ? any tools can do it ? Is that the only file you have?, is it actually running or not? Take a look at PowerControl from www.ontrack.com -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "daniel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012001c3ce44$65829320$a501280a@phx.gbl... > can I extract the mails from priv.edb file ? > > any tools can do it ? > > sorry , I can't find ontrack have software to do it. have any suggestion ? http://www.ontrack.com/po...

tempdfrg.edb
after a failed ESEUTIL running(ran out of space), can the tempdfrg.edb file that was created be deleted without any issues to the the Exchange files? the file resides in the winnt\system32 directory.. thank you.. yes. On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 06:42:24 -0700, "tim" <nowbiteme@hotmail.com> wrote: >after a failed ESEUTIL running(ran out of space), can the >tempdfrg.edb file that was created be deleted without any >issues to the the Exchange files? the file resides in the >winnt\system32 directory.. > >thank you.. ...

priv1.edb question
Hi Should the priv1.edb be updated constantly or is it once in awhile? I'm showing the last update is Jan 20, 2006, but the E000*.log files are up-to-date. R Green It's written to all the time. The metadata doesn't get updated until you close the file. Dismount and mount your store and you'll notice that it updated. Of course, your users will notice that you dismounted and mounted the store. I usually disable lastaccessupdates on an Exchange Server anyway. I know that the system account, in the context of which the store.exe process runs, will be constantly acce...

multiple mailboxes within an EDB file with the same name
Hoping to get some help with an issue related to exchange mailboxes. Without getting into the details of incidents that led to this situation, let me just describe the situation first - I am running E2K3 (as part of standard install of Small Biz Server 2003). I am trying to consolidate 2 mailboxes into 1. They are both the same name but one of them used to be an account in another domain. (a different security principal). When I browse Mailboxes via Exchange System Manager, I see both the mailboxes. Using the free version of Ontrack PowerControls, I can see the 2 mailboxes and their contents...

Cannot mount Priv.edb and Pub.edb
Hi, I have a problem with exchange 5.5. I renamed the mdbdata folder as I wanted to start a fresh Priv.edb, however I wanted to leave the Pub.edb as it was. But my problem is that I forgot to copy Pub.edb back into the new mdbdata folder, so it went ahead and created a new one when I restarted the . When I realised this I copied pub.edb back into the folder but the information store will not start. Please help You need to run 'isinteg -patch' before you start the information store. I went through this exact situation. Good Luck!! Darrin "Russell" <russellll...

edb.log
Virus Found!Virus name: W32.Novarg.A@mm in File: E:\exchsrvr\MDBDATAe\edb.log by: Realtime Protection scan. Action: Quarantine succeeded : Access denied This message brought down our Information store. How could the virus affect the log file? This is way you don't scan the Exchange folders. :-) I doubt it was infected - the store would crash if it was because a virus would likely overwrite the header of the log that we need which I have yet to see. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do no...

Removing Pub.edb
I have a set of public folders that are taking up too much space on my exchange server I have now copied all the data to another server and I need to recover the space the pub.edb is taking up. Is it possible to just stop the exchange services delete pub.edb and create a new file called pub.edb and it have no impact on the server other than having new empty public folders? Depends what you mean by "I have now copied all the data to another server and I need to recover the space the pub.edb is taking up." If you replicated the data and this server still is set to have a repl...

Tempdfrg.edb is on the drive with not enough free space
The Tempdfrg.edb file has got too big for my C: drive and I want to move it to the D: drive. I have looked at the following page but cannot understand it: Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 166869 XADM: EDBUTIL Uses Exchange Bin Directory for Tempdfrg.edb It says: To assure Tempdfrg.edb is placed on the drive with adequate free space: Use the /T<DRIVE:>PATH switch: EDBUTIL /D /ISPRIV /TC:\MYDIRECTORY\TEMPDFRG.EDB Can anyone tell me what is a path switch and how do I do it? Thanks! It is /T so you have to run EDBUTIL /D /ISPRIV /Td:\TEMPDFRG.EDB Emma Woodworth wrote: > T...

exmerge edb to pst
Is it possible to utilize exmerge to convert a restored edb file (exchange 5.5) from tape backup and export that data to individual pst files (based on user accounts) without building an exchange 5.5 server? If so where can I find docuementation on how to do this? TIA TR Tim R wrote: > Is it possible to utilize exmerge to convert a restored edb file (exchange > 5.5) from tape backup and export that data to individual pst files (based on > user accounts) without building an exchange 5.5 server? > > If so where can I find docuementation on how to do this? > > T...

Backup of .edb and .stm
Hello, Exchange 2003, sp2; Server 2003 sp1. I am using Veritas for backups and have included the MDBDATA folder, but the ..edb's and .stm's are skipped. In order for me to have a good daily backup, do I need these files to be backed up? I also backup the entire IS, but do not do brick level backups. Thank you, Eric On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 06:57:02 -0700, Eric K <EricK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Exchange 2003, sp2; Server 2003 sp1. > >I am using Veritas for backups and have included the MDBDATA folder, but the >.edb's and .stm's ar...

Urgent! Repair from priv.edb and pub.edb alone????
I have tried everything I can come with. I had to rebuild the exchange 2003 server. My backkups are old. I do have my priv.edb and pub.edb files and they are both in a clean shutdown state. I have ran eseutil /p, eseutil /d, etc. I have tried to run the isinteg on the them, but found out that they have to be mounted once before you can run it. When I try to mount the stores, I get the generic "restart SA and IS and try again", which I have done. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? I get the 9518 and the 454 error with MSExchangeIS. TIA, Been here 24 hours non-stop and clas...

EDB Data recover
One of our client had a very bad HDD crash. A specialized society had only recover the EDB file from our client's 5.5 server. After many try, we still could'nt access the data. Our client want to recover the data of the different mailboxes. We've installed a server with the same data but the server refuse to start. edbutil say that the database is safe. How could we recover or extract the data from the edb ? If you only have the EDB file left, you could always consider PowerControls: http://www.ontrack.co.uk/powercontrols/ -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange new...

Repair .edb
Last night my Exchange 2003 server rebooted for no apparent reason. This corrupted the priv1.edb and pub1.edb files. Using the eseutil.exe: 1. soft recovery - failed 2. hard recovery - success 3. defragment - success Now the email is up and running and my users are getting a lot of errors. Not able to open, move or delete emails received. Not able to create new messages Not even able to connect via Outlook Please help. so you ran eseutil /p? These errors can be expected after such a hard repair...it almost always results in some data loss. It might have been better to restore from ...

PRIV.EDB and PUB.EDB
My combine size of Priv.edb and pub.edb is 15.5 GB - with the limit being 16 I'm worried. Most of my users have cleaned up their mailboxes and my DB size went up from15.3 to 15.5 I've changed item retention to 1 day etc etc and still can't get the DB size down. What's the next step? Mark "Mark Schindler" <markschindler@mitchellgold.com> wrote: >My combine size of Priv.edb and pub.edb is 15.5 GB - with the limit being 16 >I'm worried. >Most of my users have cleaned up their mailboxes and my DB size went up >from15.3 to 15.5 >I've chang...

restore pri.edb and pub.edb
I just have online backup of exchange from backupexc. exchange agent. and a offline backup of pri.edb & pub.edb two files only. I try to restore by online backup, but fail to start all service after that. have other method to do it ? Provide some details about the failure. What errors do you get? What procedure did you follow? What version of Exchange etc etc. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. "daniel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Backing up priv.edb and pub.edb
I'm running Exchange 5.5. My backup program (Backup Exec) doesn't backup these two files because I believe they are active. Is there a way I can back these files up? Any help is appreciated. You need to buy the BackupExec Exchange agent - this will allow you to do a proper online backup (which doesn't involve Exchange server downtime, and also purges committed transaction logs). Make sure you select the Exchange stores - not the mailbox level (that's useless for disaster recovery and takes up lots of tape & time). Peter McCaul wrote: > I'm running Exchange 5....

edb and stm
Running ex2k3 on server2k3, I noticed that the stm and edb file show a 3/18/05 date for last modified. Should it not show a more current date. Everyone's email is working fine but it concerns me that the database is not correct. Is this true? I believe that the modify date only shows the last time that there were changes that the OS would recognize, not necessarily JetFile DB changes. Generally you'll see a Modify Date that corresponds to offline maintenance being run (file size changes) or when the data in the database grows beyond its current size on the disk, and it...

Recuperation boite mail dans fichier EDB
Bonjour � tous Je viens d'installer exchange serveur 2003 sur une nouvelle machine cependant il m'est impossible de monter l'ancienne base m�me suite � une reparation avec eseutil. Ma question: Existe il un utilitaire permettant de recuperer les boites mails dans le fichier EDB ? @ plus -- Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews. Site : http://www.mesnews.net Any possibility of posting in English, so that more people could read and respond? ETIENNE Djef wrote: > Bonjour � tous > > Je viens d'installer exchange serveur 2003 sur une nouvelle machine > ...

Priv.edb and Pub.edb Restore
We had and upgrade go bad. Before upgrading we made a backup of the priv.edb and pub.edb. We also have the dir.edb. We reload NT.4 and loaded Exch 5.5 using the same Organization and Site. I followed the recovery directions in the KB and stopped all services, copied the dir.edb file and tried to start the Directory Service - no luck. However, using the new dir.edb, and copying the Priv.edb and Pub.edb, the Directory Service startes. Then we ran a isinteg -patch successfully, updating the Informatin Store. We still can not start the Information Store, getting a 1105 error. Please hel...

MSExchangeIS will not run on Priv1.edb (only on Pub1.edb)
I hit my 16 GB limit and now we made room in our email boxes after using regedit to allow temp 1GB. I customized my maintenance schedule to run all the time and now I'm seeing maintenance run on my Pub database but never on the Priv1. Now that I look back in the Even Viewer, I can't see that MSExchangeIS has ever run on Priv1.edb. I need the maintenance to run in order to run an offline defrag of the mailbox store and regain the space. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Win 2k, Xchange 2k (Sp3), new server (Xeon), 4GB RAM and 4GB avail on C: 65GB on D:. Temporarily disable your...

large edb but no mailboxes
Hello, i have single exchange server, 2003, and I have 4 storage groups. One storage group i am cleaning out (storage group2). I moved *all* mailboxes out of this storage group. the size of storage group 2 is 7 gbs. I performed an offline defrag and the size of storage group 2 is now 3gb. My question is what in this storage group is using 3 gbs of storage if there are no mailboxes in it. Actually there are mailboxes in it which is the SystemMailbox (size: 361kb, total items:401) and SMTP (size: 0, total items: 0) but it does not total 3 gbs worth of data. so what is using 3gb of storag...

Cannot restore Priv.edb & Pub.edb (Urgent Help...)
GoodDay All We have a serious problem with Exchange5.5 Server(running on WindowsNT 4.0 Server). Today morning our Information Store(Services) stops automatically when we restarted the Exchange5.5 Server. We have taken the backup of Priv.edb & Pub.edb by stopping all the services. We had run optimizer also.After that we copied back the backedup data's & tried to start the services again. Still the Information Store (Services) did'nt start. After that we moved the Priv.edb & Pub.edb to a different location & then we restarted the services, then the servies was up & ...