Tempdfrg.edb is on the drive with not enough free space

The Tempdfrg.edb file has got too big for my C: drive and
I want to move it to the D: drive. I have looked at the
following page but cannot understand it:

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 166869 XADM: EDBUTIL
Uses Exchange Bin Directory for Tempdfrg.edb

It says: To assure Tempdfrg.edb is placed on the drive
with adequate free space: Use the /T<DRIVE:>PATH switch:
EDBUTIL /D /ISPRIV /TC:\MYDIRECTORY\TEMPDFRG.EDB

Can anyone tell me what is a path switch and how do I do
it?

Thanks!

It is
/T
so you have to run
EDBUTIL /D /ISPRIV /Td:\TEMPDFRG.EDB

Emma Woodworth wrote:

> The Tempdfrg.edb file has got too big for my C: drive and
> I want to move it to the D: drive. I have looked at the
> following page but cannot understand it:
>
> Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 166869 XADM: EDBUTIL
> Uses Exchange Bin Directory for Tempdfrg.edb
>
> It says: To assure Tempdfrg.edb is placed on the drive
> with adequate free space: Use the /T<DRIVE:>PATH switch:
> EDBUTIL /D /ISPRIV /TC:\MYDIRECTORY\TEMPDFRG.EDB
>
> Can anyone tell me what is a path switch and how do I do
> it?
>
> Thanks!

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
1/8/2004 10:52:09 AM
Where do I run this from? I tried running it from Run and
from the dos prompt but it didn't work.

Emma :)

First of all, _properly_ backup Exchange databases. Then make sure that
you have Exchange 4 or Exchange 5 (for Exchange 55 procedure is a bit
different). Then stop MS Exchange InfoStore service and click Start\Run,
type
cmd
and click OK.
Then type
c:\exchsrvr\bin\EDBUTIL /D /ISPRIV /Td:\TEMPDFRG.EDB
and press Enter.

P.S. What is the reason to run offline defrag?

Emma Woodworth wrote:

> Where do I run this from? I tried running it from Run and
> from the dos prompt but it didn't work.
>
> Emma :)

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
1/8/2004 11:16:06 AM
Unfortunatly I have 5.5 and I followed your instructions
and got a file called esutil.exe in my system32 folder.
I'm not sure what to do next.

I don't know why the defrag is running. I have recently
taken over looking after this server and am in the
proccess of learning exchange. I have figured out that it
isn't easy!

Emma :)

Emma Woodworth wrote:

> Unfortunatly I have 5.5

Fortunately, because you do not have to upgrade.

> and I followed your instructions
> and got a file called esutil.exe in my system32 folder.
> I'm not sure what to do next.
>
> I don't know why the defrag is running.

What makes you think that you need defrag?

> I have recently
> taken over looking after this server and am in the
> proccess of learning exchange. I have figured out that it
> isn't easy!

Then start with backup. Make sure that Exchange data is backed up in a
proper way.
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/administration/55/BackupRestore.asp

> <snip>

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
1/8/2004 11:55:39 AM
I already backup each night. How can I turn off the
offline defrag?

Emma :)

Emma Woodworth wrote:

> I already backup each night.

Have you verified that you can restore data from backup?

> How can I turn off the
> offline defrag?

You don't turn it off - it is the manually initiated process. So just do
not run it unless you know what you are doing.

> Emma :)

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

Hard drive disaster
Hello, I'm hoping someone can advise me on the following. Recently my hard drive crashed (beyond repair and unrecoverable) days after I'd finally downloaded windows and had spent a lot of time with applications and browsers. Organising system settings and updates etc to get my computer just how I wanted it. (Btw the crash had nothing to do with Windows!) I had everything operating beautifully, and then disaster struck. Is there a way that I can store all my systems and settings so that if my hard drive crashes I can copy over all my existing settings, emails, book marks, app...

Exchange 2k SBS & M: drive
I am trying to figure out how to backup the M: drive on a 2k SBS with Exchange. I have searched Google and MS with no results other than "not recommended to bakup the M: drive" and Veritas saying "Use a different method to backup the M: drive". OK so I have figured out that you don't backup the M: drive normally, but I can't seem to find out how to back it up then. Would appreciate any direction on white papers or any information on this. TIA Monty D. Rodgers N7CIX Phoenix, AZ 85053 n7cixREMOVE@cox.net http://members.cox.net/montyd You should not touch th...

Nested IF driving me nuts...
I have a workbook with a few sheets in it. One has master data: Status Item # Description Film Former Pkg Lot Code format A 00121 My item 00131 - XYZXYZ Many lines of data. I have another sheet that users are instructed to enter the item number ( In Cell B1), and it populates a cell below with VLOOKUP data. There are a number of cells that do this. This formula displays the Description. =IF($B1<>"",VLOOKUP($B1,MasterInfo!$C$3:$D$228,2,FALSE),"") The conundrum is the Status field. What we'd like to do is: 1. Ch...

drive M: just vanished
Hi, my drive M dissapeared. I think it could be virus. Luckily ive backed up the entire exchange in a tape drive the day before the vansihing. Is this the only easiest option i have ie. to restore it from tape drive and hopefully the M drive will reappear after the restore?? The M: drive is only a virtual representation (through Windows Explorer) of your mailbox store. You should not be using it unless you explicitly have a purpose to and know what you are doing with it. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;271465 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;...

~^""" FREE web based business ~^"""
Your own web based business FREE! the products are in BIG demand and commissions can be up to 80%. Nothing to pay now - NOTHING TO PAY EVER. Get your business now - FREE! http://www.cashring.com/?id=wil1194 "f:yo]2?am$\ETNlentO ...

Free disk space chart in Excel
I would like to do a graph with following data in Excel: Drive Date Used Space (Gb) Free Space (Gb) C: 29/08/2005 2,5 5,5 C: 30/08/2005 3 5 D: 29/08/2005 7 3 D: 30/08/2005 5 5 The graph should be a stacked bar containing "Used Space" and "Free Space". X-axis should be the date and Y-Axis the size while Z-axis should contain the drive letter. Is it possible to do that in Excel and when yes how? Send examples or sheets to rick.hunter@pt.lu Thanks a lot. ...

copying the priv.edb and pub.edb files
I need to copy the priv.edb and pub.edb files to another server to do an offline defragment of the database to try and fix some corruption. I have stopped the information store (also stopped all the services) and tried to copy the file. It tells me access denied, the file may be in use. I also tried rebooting the serve with the services set to manual. This did not work. Thanks for any help. Try stopping the Exchange System Attendant too. -mark >-----Original Message----- >I need to copy the priv.edb and pub.edb files to another server to do an >offline defragment of the dat...

unexpected growth of EDB
My org consist exch2k3 sp2 - w2003 sp1. Today i have stated that one file .edb is growing rapidly, the other DB are not affected in event viewer i have no errors... Any idea!? Anything in the Application event log? How big is the DB and grwoth? "MMC" wrote: > My org consist exch2k3 sp2 - w2003 sp1. > Today i have stated that one file .edb is growing rapidly, the other DB are > not affected in event viewer i have no errors... > Any idea!? > > > See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555360/en-us Nue "SW" <SW@discussions.mic...

XPathNavigator.SelectSingleNode(xpath) on space returns 0 length s
Hi; I have an element: <space> </space> When I call SelectSingleNode() on it, the InnerXml is a 0 length String, not a String containing 1 space. Any ideas? -- thanks - dave Hi dave, You can set PreserveWhitespace to true, so that the space will be preserved. XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument(); doc.PreserveWhitespace = true; doc.LoadXml("<space> </space>"); XmlNode n = doc.SelectSingleNode("space"); MessageBox.Show(n.InnerXml.Length.ToString()); HTH. Kevin Yu ======= "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no ...

Memory not enough while using RPC over HTTP
dear all: When I using RPC over HTTP, my Outlook will pop a window message: "Memory not enough... Please close one or more application to release memory..." How should I solve this problem?? What operating system is Outlook running on? The machine may need more ram or memory residient program disabled. >-----Original Message----- >dear all: > >When I using RPC over HTTP, my Outlook will pop a window message: >"Memory not enough... Please close one or more application to release >memory..." > >How should I solve this problem?? > > >....

Recover C: drive stored emails after Win Live Acct Deleted
Had an issue with AVG firewall, WL mail and Verizon pop3 email accounts. Hotmail worked fine but Verizon accts could not access server unless ABVG firewall disabled. Verizon Tech deleted my Verizon POP accounts in Win Live thinking they were maybe corrupted. Re entered my accounts but stored emails not to be seen. Settings were to download mail and then delete from server so there is no "backup" on Verizon server. Are the old emails recoverable or should I jump now? Thanks If you delete (remove) a POP account in Windows Live Mail=20 it also deletes all the ma...

priv.edb
can I extract the mails from priv.edb file ? any tools can do it ? Is that the only file you have?, is it actually running or not? Take a look at PowerControl from www.ontrack.com -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "daniel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012001c3ce44$65829320$a501280a@phx.gbl... > can I extract the mails from priv.edb file ? > > any tools can do it ? > > sorry , I can't find ontrack have software to do it. have any suggestion ? http://www.ontrack.com/po...

FE - Low Disk Space
Got 2 FE servers with NL. Windows and Exchange 2003. One of my FE is reporting low on disk space. Should I delete some of the old logs from C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\W3SVC1? Do I need to back them up - Please advise? Thank you They are just IIS logs (you've got logging enabled in IIS manager). If you like to keep IIS logs, why not move them to another machine and zip them up - they'll probably squish quite nicely. :) -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Driving me nuts. Need more nested than 7
This is the formula im trying to accomplish but xl wont let me nest more than seven formulas in one.... any suggestions on what i can do???? =IF(AND(C28="CBS",C30=12),Texas!E156,(IF(AND(C28="CBS",C30=24),Texas!F156,(IF(AND(C28="CBS",C30=36),Texas!G156,(IF(AND(C28="SimpleLink",C30=12),Texas!H156,(IF(AND(C28="SimpleLink",C30=24),Texas!I156,(IF(AND(C28="SimpleLink",C30=36),Texas!J156,(IF(AND(C28="TVD",C30=12),Texas!K156,IF(AND(C28="TVD",C30=24),Texas!L156,(IF(AND(C28="TVD",C30=36),Texas!M156,(IF(AND(C28=&...

play a movie that is on hard drive, NOT a separate DVD
I've downloaded some of my movies onto my harddrive (C); how do I play them? Media Player only seems to want DVDs, recorded TV, etc., but nothing from the harddrive. I have Vista. Locate the file,R.click on it,create a shortcut,move to desktop,R.click on it, select "open with",select WMP..Also,in WMP,open tools,options,locate file types tab,select all. "CWE" wrote: > I've downloaded some of my movies onto my harddrive (C); how do I play them? > Media Player only seems to want DVDs, recorded TV, etc., but nothing from the > harddrive...

tempdfrg.edb
after a failed ESEUTIL running(ran out of space), can the tempdfrg.edb file that was created be deleted without any issues to the the Exchange files? the file resides in the winnt\system32 directory.. thank you.. yes. On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 06:42:24 -0700, "tim" <nowbiteme@hotmail.com> wrote: >after a failed ESEUTIL running(ran out of space), can the >tempdfrg.edb file that was created be deleted without any >issues to the the Exchange files? the file resides in the >winnt\system32 directory.. > >thank you.. ...

CD DRIVES
I have two questions actually - 1. I put cds into my cd drive on my laptop and it tells me there is nothing in the cd drive - how do I fix this? 2. I have an external cd drive I thought I'd use until I could afford to have someone look at the one on the laptop but it won't let me store stuff to it - it keeps trying to copy to the cd drive it doesn't recognize - how do I fix this? I have no computer repair experience or knowledge - so please help! Thanks in advance Lynne This newsgroup is for Dynamics GP. It's not for hardware questions. You'll need to contac...

Move mail box content to another hard drive
Hello, I want to move my exchange mail boxes from one drive to another one. Can anyone tell how to do this? Yes, in 5.5 you can run the Optimizer and move the databases, in 2000/2003 you can do it this way: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF001.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Portilha" <portilha@iol.pt> wrote in message news:%23E34DBpXEHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I want to move my exchange mail boxes from one drive to another one. Can > anyone tell how to do this? > > ...

dpm 2010 backup hyperv guest's D drive, best practice? vhd/file sy
I've run into the situation where checking off file shares on a server or hyperv guest doesnt actually restore the actual share if you do a restore.. (hoping there is a hack to at least backup this info on the volume somehow).. But this has me questioning the way i backup my virtual servers.. currently, unless the DC, i do granular file system backups on the guest, by installing the agent on them, on their D drive anyway.. i dont backup the d drive vhd, just the OS VHD.. I wish there was a way to do granular file system backups and backup the vhd too.. so that in the eve...

[Error number: 0x8002802B] is driving me CRAZY!!!
Since the last web components get updated (more then half year ago) I'm no longer able to run a manual update neither on Windows update nor Microsoft update web pages. It says [Error number: 0x8002802B]. I tried all the methods described on web (I Google it for) and nothing worked. Does anyone know what should I do? Thank you very much, in advance! Laurian NB I'm running Windows XP, latest SP with all patches, and IE8. Crossposted to the windowsupdate newsgroup -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email ...

priv1.edb question
Hi Should the priv1.edb be updated constantly or is it once in awhile? I'm showing the last update is Jan 20, 2006, but the E000*.log files are up-to-date. R Green It's written to all the time. The metadata doesn't get updated until you close the file. Dismount and mount your store and you'll notice that it updated. Of course, your users will notice that you dismounted and mounted the store. I usually disable lastaccessupdates on an Exchange Server anyway. I know that the system account, in the context of which the store.exe process runs, will be constantly acce...

Free Entertainment!
Hey I would like to announce that I have a site for free entertainment as in I host free entertainment. It get's updated about every week! http://redcars101.co.nr ...

Unwanted Drive-by Installations on Update
I am running Money 2002 on my system at home. It had bee well over a year since I looked for any updates to the program, so I clicked on the button to update the program. Imagine my surprise when I started getting pop-up ads for a tax prep program. A real BIG surprise since I have a pop-up blocker installed on my system. My third surprise cam when I closed Money: I had new desktop shortcuts to Netbank, ING Services and some more garbage I did not ask for. I ran a scan with SpyBot and found BDE Projector (see http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/BDE.html for details) had been installed ALL WITHOUT M...

Restoring AutoRun to Drives
Hi, I followed some advice a while back to turn off AutoRun on my external drives. The method I used was to change the value of all keys called 'NoDriveTypeAutoRun' to FF in my Registry. (ie. Turn them all off.) This worked perfectly, but now I realise that I included my photo card reader drive in that procedure as well by mistake. I want to have my photo card reader drive back on AutoRun, so that inserting a card automatically starts up the program I use to transfer my photos from card to computer. The trouble is, I can't remember what the value of it was b...

not enough rows
Excel is limited to 65,536 rows. What is the work around to make this limit higher? There is no workaround except using multiple sheets -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "mc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:300bc01c46da1$617ed200$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Excel is limited to 65,536 rows. What is the work around > to make this limit higher? "mc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:300bc01c46da1$617ed200$a3012...