tasks to cell phone

How can I use exchange to send tasks to cell phone. I want to do when
f.e.
this phone is away from the office. This is PDA phone.

0
fwitkowski (13)

On 14 Dec 2005 11:38:11 -0800, "Filip - beginner"
<fwitkowski@gmail.com> wrote:

>How can I use exchange to send tasks to cell phone. I want to do when
>f.e.
>this phone is away from the office. This is PDA phone.

If you're using a Smartphone you can sync tasks already with
ActiveSync.
0
mark7219 (5666)
12/14/2005 8:03:40 PM
"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote:

>On 14 Dec 2005 11:38:11 -0800, "Filip - beginner"
><fwitkowski@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>How can I use exchange to send tasks to cell phone. I want to do when
>>f.e.
>>this phone is away from the office. This is PDA phone.
>
>If you're using a Smartphone you can sync tasks already with
>ActiveSync.

Has to be Smartphone running Windows Mobile 5 though and the
server has to be Exchange 2003 SP2.

Otherwise, you have to be docked locally to sync tasks to Outlook
which in turn sync to Exchange.
--
_____________________________________
Ed Hansberry

0
fwitkowski (13)

Calendar and Tasks
Morning All, Is it possible to have the tasks show up on the calendar? Scott V No. Only beside it. you can drag a task to the calendar if you need to assign a time to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Scott Viney" <scott@kar...

macro to unlock and lock cells in password protected sheet
Hi all Is there any way I can get a macro to unlock cell, paste valuse and the lock again after completion. I have a macro to transfer valuse from one rang to another. The macro will work ok if I leave the input cells unlocked. I would like to be able to lock these cells so they can't be changed without the the use of the macro. The input cells are F23:F23. See Code Below. Regards Chris Sub update() Worksheets(13).Range("I20:I23").Copy Worksheets(13).Range("F20:23").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues Application.CutCopyMode = False ...

Deleting empty cells/rows
How do you delete 100s empty rows, with one simple click or several... as long as it's not right click+delete... I tried conditional formatting, macro, visual basic, and have nothing to go on... -- RedForeman �� future fabricator and creator of a ratbike streetfighter!!! ========================== 2003 TRX450ES 1992 TRX-350 XX (For Sale) '98 Tacoma Ext Cab 4X4 Lifted.... ========================== ���`���,���,���`���,���,���`���,��,���`���,���,���`���,��,���`��� is that better?? Pick any column that you can rely on being able to say "If the cell in this column is blank, t...

Outlook Task Failure
Hi Whenever I try to assign a task in Outlook 2002 I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameters are not valid" Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks ...... Craig *** Problem Description *** Action (A): When trying to save a task item there is an error. Result (R): Could not complete the operation, one or more parameters are not valid Cause (C): Corruption to the tasks folder. <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><...

Concatenate Tasks With Summary Tasks in Reports
I think I have found in other posts but I want to ask directly just in case someone else has other info... Can MSP concatenate each task in a report with its summary tasks? Without this, I don't know what part of the project each task pertains to. (Example, does "Buy space" pertain to the April or May set of tasks?) If I add a breadcrumb to each task in the entry view, not only is this time consuming but I also can't read the entry view as well as before. This limitation severly cuts down on the usefulness of the reports for me. In article <FFB3AE7E-881E...

CRM Task question
Hi, I have a question regarding CRM task and Outlook Task on CRM v1.2, here is the scenario: "User A uses "CRM Task" on Outlook Sales Client to create a task and assign to User B User B updates the task on Outlook only and reply (or assign) back to User A Will the updated task (from the Outlook side) be the same updated task on the CRM if we don't use Online or Offline feature?" Because what happen is my user (user A) showed me an error message stating that there is an error synchronized task (from Outlook) to CRM task. She didn't use synch...

HOWTO CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding?
How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the intensive task, but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... Thanks On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:28:59 GMT, "michele" <mandelbort@oggiweb.com> wrote: >How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? >For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the >intensive task, >but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... >Thanks > Run the task in a low priority thread. ...

Unwanting Autoformat Cell Colors
I created an Excel spreadsheet with no use of predefined chart formats or any other automatic formatting. When I enter new data, I want the background of the new cells to remain unfilled. After I've done some other work, I go back and change the color to indicate to myself that I am done with that data. Unfortunately, after a while of working with my spreadsheet, cells started automatically picking up the colors of adjacent cells as soon as I enter data. I've tried changing the "AutoFormat" to "None" for the whole table, but this deletes all the cell backgrounds tha...

Sharing Tasks in the 2007 versions of Project and Outlook
Hi, I would like to export and work on my Project 07 tasks in Outlook 07. I am aware of how I can export them but this does not keep the link with Project. Could anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this in Microsoft or if there is an add-in I could purchase. Thanks Caz This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01CAB3DB.7FC83F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Caz, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) You might like to see Companion Products an...

Why CELL("format",A1) doesn't return something like "#.##"? ...and other rants
I'm trying to compare the displayed value of two formatted cells. The idea is to detect the equality between 1.2345 and 1.23 when the format is "#.##" without resorting to VBA. This is Excel 2000, SP3. So I decided that this might work (may be wrapped): =IF(TEXT(A1,CELL("format",A1))=TEXT(B1,CELL("format",B1)),"equal","unequal") Unfortunately, CELL("format",A1) returns "F2", which is incompatible with the format string required by the TEXT() worksheet function. The above conditional actually evaluates to "equa...

Task Scheduler error
A long time ago I scheduled a task to load up a certain utility at 7 am. However, I've just realized it never gets loaded. I went into Task Scheduler to see what's going on, and as it opened I get this error: "An error has occured for task Reminders - owner. Error message: the specified account name is not valid" I'm looking at my task and I see that "When running a task, use the following user account" is set to "RICK \owner". I'm not sure how to check if that's a valid account name. I don't log on to my computer wi...

Removing text from cells
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with a list of reference numbers in column A. The numbers are like this. AAA/12345/Smith J Mr What I want to do is remove the text after the last / eg. Smith J Mr. I have thousands of cells I need to remove this on. Please help. Thanks. Hi Craig are all the entries the same number of characters for the first two sections, AAA/12345/ BBB/67890/ etc if so you can do this using a "helper" column - in column B type ==LEFT(A1,10) and then double click on the fill handle (bottom right hand side of cell) to fill down now copy column B click on A1 and ch...

How to test a cell to see if it is over a threshold?
Hi, I have a column with Sales figures in Column A for eg. 5000, 3000 etc and I need to indicated whether they are above the bonus target of 4500. Is there a formula I can create that would give me the results ON TARGET or Below Target next to the sales figures in Column B? Any help greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Janet One way: Assume your target amount is in D1. B1: =IF(A1>=$D$1, "ON TARGET", "Below Target") Copy down as far as required. In article <C491B762-431B-41CD-9FB6-708CC2196E27@microsoft.com>, Grd <Grd@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Non Printing of Cell borders
Hi I have been asked to do a small xcell spreadsheet invoice layout for a local charity To make the layout simple to use i have a border around some input cells However the charity use preprinted invoices so i dont need the cell borders printed Is there a way to keep the border onscreen and not have the cell borders printed thanks -- paul007 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ paul007's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28462 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480793 You c...

Blinking Cell
I make a warn in Excell with conditional fromat that if certain cell is text it goes red with a text, how can i make it blink to be better notest? Micos Read a few of the posts here..... http://snipurl.com/77mo Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 09:45:01 -0700, Micos3 <Micos3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I make a warn in Excell with conditional fromat that if certain cell is text it goes red with a text, how can i make it blink to be better notest? But how do i active the effect or control it? I made the one below but it didn't make nothing...I'm a little...

task pane correction
To make the task pane go away I went under Help - Microsoft Excel Help- See Also - then clicked on - Online Content Settings and unchecked- Show Template help automatically when available. -- Diane @ SPSCA ...

Updating tasks with VBA script
I've built a scheduling tool which uses Access to create the tasks. Once the tasks are generated, they're sent to Outlook. My problem is the tasks are grouped in categories and if a due date is changed it needs to move all the following tasks by x number of days. (My keyfield ie- 57-41, then 57-42, etc. is stored in the contacts field) I had planned to first pull the data back to Access to see what dates changed. Off of that data, I'd delete the following tasks and reinsert them with the modified dates. I would prefer to do this in Outlook but do not know the Outlook object mod...

Hyperlink problem to cell in same workbook
I have a hyperlink created by a VB program that should link to a cell on a different worksheet within the same book. The hyperlink code currently is as follows: =HYPERLINK(ADDRESS(4,2,1,FALSE,"MultipleAliases"),"MULTIPLE DP ALIASES") MultipleAliases is a separate worksheet and I want the link to jump to row 4 cell 2 on this sheet. I realise that normally you need a spreadsheet identifier as part of the worksheet definition, thus the "MultipleAliases" would be "[FILE1.XLS]MultipleAliases" if this was saved as FILE1.XLS. If I do save this file with th...

Trapping the close message when sent from the task bar button
Hi, I am using a application that uses a Tray Icon. I need to make it behave like MSN Messenger. I am almost there and one of my remaining problem is that I can't see how to trap the "close application" message that is sent when the user right clicks on the task bar and chooses "Close", I need to hide my window in the case and I only want to be able to close my application by right clicking on the tray icon and choose "Exit" Thanks a lot! Simon ...

Seed date formats to different year in different cells
Situation: Workbook was created in Excel 2003 (PC) and forwarded to another person who opened it with another PC using either Excel 2000 or 2003 (unconfirmed which version). The dates showed up as about 4 years off. My first thought? Maybe the machine was set with a different system clock. But here is where it gets weird; the receipient returned the workbook via email, and the wrong dates still show up even on the originator's PC. When he enters new dates, they show up as correct, but the cells that had the original dates (or anywhere they are cut/paste from those original cells, includi...

Workflow generated task and changed owner
We are using a workflow to inform administration staff about a new generated order. That works fine and the task will be generated for the right CRM user. But, if we change the owner of that related order also the task previously generated by the workflow will be re-assigned to that nre owner. With CRM 3.0 it was working fine (left the task unchanged). With CRM 4.0 the task owner will be changed unexpected. The first thougt which comes to me is that it might have something to do with "Type of behaviour". Open the task entity and double click on N:1 relationship name Acco...

Assigning Task to Queue or User
I have an issue with Assigning a task to a queue or another user. If the task is created in Sales for Outlook (SFO), the queue option is not available in the drop down list in the lookup table. The only option is the user. A reboot of the workstation seems to fix this, but man is this silly or what? The user is attempting this: Create a task for an order and assign the task to the receiving queue (all from within SFO). The queue does not show up to seach from in the Lookup Records Web Page Dialog. The weird part is that even if you go to CRM Web Client on the same machine, the qu...

Completed Tasks in Task View
In the Task view window, I have the tasks sorted by Category and all of the tasks in each category are sorted by due date, even the completed tasks. However, I don't want the completed tasks to show in this screen. How can I hide them? Thanks, Terry B. Create a filter for that view with the criteria "Complete equals no" -- you can do this on the Advanced tab of the Filter dialog. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:06960...

Adding a link in a cell
I want to be able to include a link to another document in my excel spreadsheet. I've seen it done before that a small icon appears in a specific cell, and when clicked, it takes you to another document. The only way I can seem to get a link is by pasting, but that simply puts the whole document into the spreadsheet. Is there a way I can do this? -- Alix Wilton One way, if I get what you are after, is as follows: Select Insert / Object Go to Create From File tab Enter or browse to your document file Make sure "Display as icon" is checked. OK "Alixw" wrote: >...

Hyperlinks to a date cell
Hi, Is it possible to have a hyperling between two sheets that jumps to the cell that is displaying today's date? I have a column on one sheet that has every day listed and at the top of the sheet I have the formula =TODAY() working. I then use conditional formatting to highlight the current day in the list by turning the text red. Can I link from another sheet to the cell displaying the date today? I guess it would have to be in a range as it would get confused by the fact that the date is being displayed in 2 cells, the one at the top of the sheet and the other in the list? Can rang...