SystemMailbox Object User Missing

Our Exchange 2003 server is running fine. However, in one information store
we have both the SMTP and System Attendant mailboxes but but the
SystemMailbox is missing (is that okay?). In the other three Information
Stores the SystemMailbox is there, but with no associated users. Most posts
refer to

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316622

However when it discusses how to recreate the associated object user it
explains how to create the SystemMailbox too. I already have those. Can't we
reconnect the existing SystemMailboxes to the new user we just created in
Exchange System Manager?. It would save a lot of work and outages. If so,
what else needs to be done? Many thanks
0
Toby (34)

I have had this issue a couple of times in the past.  I recommend you create
a new mailbox store and then move the mailboxes to it.  I have never found
any way to reconnect the SystemMailbox to anything.

--
Jim McBee
Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

"Toby" <Toby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Our Exchange 2003 server is running fine. However, in one information
> store
> we have both the SMTP and System Attendant mailboxes but but the
> SystemMailbox is missing (is that okay?). In the other three Information
> Stores the SystemMailbox is there, but with no associated users. Most
> posts
> refer to
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316622
>
> However when it discusses how to recreate the associated object user it
> explains how to create the SystemMailbox too. I already have those. Can't
> we
> reconnect the existing SystemMailboxes to the new user we just created in
> Exchange System Manager?. It would save a lot of work and outages. If so,
> what else needs to be done? Many thanks

0
jmcbee9404 (625)
2/8/2007 8:38:12 PM
Thanks Jim for the prompt answer. Do you mean move all the users to the new
Information store? Any gotchas you have found when doing this, so that I can
avoid them?

"Jim McBee (MVP - Exchange)" wrote:

> I have had this issue a couple of times in the past.  I recommend you create
> a new mailbox store and then move the mailboxes to it.  I have never found
> any way to reconnect the SystemMailbox to anything.
>

> --
> Jim McBee
> Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
> Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com
>

> "Toby" <Toby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Our Exchange 2003 server is running fine. However, in one information
> > store
> > we have both the SMTP and System Attendant mailboxes but but the
> > SystemMailbox is missing (is that okay?). In the other three Information
> > Stores the SystemMailbox is there, but with no associated users. Most
> > posts
> > refer to
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316622
> >
> > However when it discusses how to recreate the associated object user it
> > explains how to create the SystemMailbox too. I already have those. Can't
> > we
> > reconnect the existing SystemMailboxes to the new user we just created in
> > Exchange System Manager?. It would save a lot of work and outages. If so,
> > what else needs to be done? Many thanks

0
Toby (34)

Runtime error '3251': Operation is not supported for this type of object
I've finally beaten this passthrough query into submission, but when I try to use it as the table argument in a TransferSpreadsheet procedure in VBA, I get the subject error msg. Here's the query: SELECT Full_Name, ISNULL(Op_Com,'"') OpCom, ISNULL(Sub_Op_Comm, '"') SubOpCom FROM dbo.v_Storage_Qtree_App WHERE created='3/9/2008' AND tier_type Like '%Tier 1%' When I run it in Access, it delivers exactly what I'm looking for. Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated. Thanks, -- Bill Reed "If you can't laugh at yourself, laugh ...

SystemMailbox Disabled
I wasn't sure where to put this. Running Windows 2003 Ent. and Exchange Server 2003. Both with latest SP. Three mailbox stores on one Exchange Server. In Active directory I see 8 SystemMailbox{GUID} accounts. 5 of them are disabled (Red X'ed). The three that are active all point to the same mailbox store. In Exchange System Manager, the SystemMailbox{GUID} account for store 1 has 4 entries. 3 of those 4 entries are active ... the other 1 is disabled in AD. In store 2 and 3 there is one SystemMailbox{GUID} account in each. Both are disabled in AD. Should I enable these ...

Using a string variable to reference an Object
Hi, I'm constructing a computer room diagram where there are multiple racks with equipment in each. I have a spreadsheet which has the RackName and ShelfPosition and I would like the diagram to "move" the equipement from one rack to another based one the data. I can move equipment up and down in a shelf. I am trying to use the ShapeSheets BeginX et al to include the RackName variable that matches the Visio Shapename ie Rack is call Rack_A1 in both the spread sheet and is the Visio Shapename as well. I need to make the variable become the Shape Object so that I can use ...

Passing XML DOM as IDISPATCH object to COM DLL
Hi Group, I have seen your query for processing XMLDOm from c# to COM dll. i also need to paas xml node to COM dll. object refdomCallContext = null; XmlDocument docXML = new XmlDocument(); docXML.LoadXml("<?xml version=\"1.0\"?><CallContext><Application>Essbase</Application><User>user</User><ID>367629121</ID><ClientAddress>127.0.0.1</ClientAddress><Operation>Logon</Operation><TaskDescription>Logon to Enterprise</TaskDescription><Language>ENU</Language></CallContext>"); ...

Add-in available that might help color blind Excel users
Hello, A brand new, free Excel add-in is available from my website that may be of help to color blind Excel users. "Determine Colors" adds a new menu item to the cell right-click popup menu that displays the color name for the cell ... interior color pattern color border color font color plus the sheet tab color (where applicable). Comes with a brief Word.doc install/use file. Download from (no registration required) ... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware Comments and suggestions about the program solicited. -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA ...

Permission to use object denied.
I have a user on a Windows 2000 machine with user rights. The user is also running office 97. When he opens a excel speedsheet and Enable's Macros, he gets the following message; "Permission to use object denied". Hi Shannon............ It sounds like there is some sort of link to another workbook that a macro is calling and your user does not have rights to it. I think I would open the book without enabling the macros, and then take a look at them to see if one is trying to do such a thing. hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Shannon" <Shannon507@aol.com>...

Text objects
I am creating customer invoices using a query report. What is the best way to place text into the report that is not tied to a field? Examples of such text are: "Bill to:" and "Date." I tried using text boxes but, as usual, ran into problems. If I should use text boxes, how specically do I accomplish this for the text I am trying to insert? Thanks Do you mean that you want a text box with different values to appear in the report when you open it? If eg you want a filtered report to give the name of the customer it concerns, you can put a text box in it saying ...

user defined fields
Hello, When I export my contacts to an excel or access file, my own defined fields are not exported. How to do? Thank you ...

Exchange 2003 Administration over user mailboxes
In Exchange 2000 I was able to go through IIS and get access to everyone's mailbox by giving myself permission using ESE. But, after giving myself the same permission in Exchange 2003 I still cannot access user's mailboxes. It shows no mailboxes at all. Any ideas ? ...

rescan for clipart (eliminate thumbnails that are missing files)
I just upgraded to 2003. I now have hundreds of clipart files that the new clipart manager will not render (I was using pub 2000 with CAG). It seems that a lot of the .wmf files will not render and the clip manager also searched my hdd and now displays any .jpg that it found (1000s). is there a way to rescan and clean out the "bad" files??? thanks, tom You can use the Clip Gallery as well as the Organizer. Is it still on your hard drive? It will be in a folder similar to this: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Artgalry Drag the CAG icon to your desktop and create...

One User, many business units, many managers
I have a client that has a metric type organizational chart. One user exist in several business units, and depending on the job function that the user performs at the time (there are several job functions), the user reports to a different manager. Consequently one user should have several managers and belong to several business units. If anyone can give me ANY indication on how to facilitate this requirement, it will be great. Some ideas, thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks Sounds like you are talking about a Matrix organization? I solved this by creating a structur...

Convert CStdioFile into an ostream object
Hello, I have an CStdioFile object, and I would to create an ostream from the file. So far, my only luck has been to get the file descriptor of the CStdioFile and then create an ostream object from that, but I am not sure if there is something better, or if that is even valid. What i have so far: CStdio m_LogHandle; if( m_LogHandle.Open( logPath, CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeNoTruncate | CFile::modeWrite)) { return true; } std::ofstream ofs(m_LogHandle.m_pStream); .... ... Is that good? My reasoning for trying to get an ostream of the file is because a function that I use requ...

View System Volume Info files by a limited user
I have granted full control to a limited user to view the files in C: \system volume information, but I still cannot view the files. Is there a way to view them? Thanks. Mint wrote: >I have granted full control to a limited user to view the files in C: >\system volume information, >but I still cannot view the files. > >Is there a way to view them? > >Thanks. > > See if this article helps: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309531> Let us know if it solved your problem. -- THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT...

Cannot insert object
Hi Al I have Excel 2000, (9.0.2812). I want to add a command button to a blank sheet, so ... 1. View, Toolbars, Control Toolbox 2. Select the Command Button 3. Draw the button on the blank sheet 4. Pop-up dialog says "Cannot insert object" I've done this thousands of times before without a problem, can't seem to find anything about it in Microsoft's Knowledgebase, so wondered if it was an SP3 issue Anyone else seen this Thanks in advance Luiz ( from Brasil ...

importing users
Has anyone ever imported users into microsoft CRM 3.0? Either from a CSV file or external source etc... Any tips are recommended. I have been able to get other data into the system but have issues with users. Mark Well, the migration tool will migrate them from one forest to another. Is that what you are trying to do? "Mark Andrews" wrote: > Has anyone ever imported users into microsoft CRM 3.0? Either from a CSV > file or external source etc... > > Any tips are recommended. > > I have been able to get other data into the system but have issues with &...

Individual user in my company needs to have a different domain nam
We are using Exchange 2003, one domain, less than 200 users. One user needs to have his e-mail domain name different from the rest of the company. I was wondering if there was a way I could have his domain name appear to be from another non-existant domain name. For example our company domain name is company.com and his domain name needs to be othercompany.com where othercompany.com does not currently exist. Any insight into this question is welcome and appriciated. Thanks, what is the objective? you can change his smtp address, but if he sends out Internet email with a reply address...

prevent a user leaving a blank cell in excel2003
I want to be able to prevent a user not filling in a required cell in a worksheet. Anyone got any ideas? Like in another thread, i think the key would be when the users tries to leave the page. Try this in VBA:- Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate() If Range("a1") <> True Then Worksheets("sheet1").Select MsgBox "You have not completed all the details.", vbCritical, "Incomplete detail" End If End Sub It wont stop users switching to another workbook, but if you wanted it to, you could put a similar thing into the workbook module too. "Ian...

ERROR: Object Reference Not Set to an Instance of an Object
I have an (exe) executable program created in VB.NET 2003 that calls to a MFC DLL written in VC++.NET 2003. I always get an error msg "NullReferenceException: Object Reference Not Set to an Instance of an Object" when my exe calls the following codes: in VB.NET Declare Function test Lib "C:\Cyob\IOComm\Debug\IOComm.dll" _ (ByVal a As Long, ByRef b As Integer) As Integer Dim did As Integer Dim ret As Integer ret = test(PortHnd, did) //ERROR: Object Reference Not Set to an Instance of an Object in VC++.NET extern "C" int APIENTRY te...

Cannot read online user's guide to money 2004
I am not able to read the online user's guide for 2004 at the money/support website. The manual appears to be in javascript. I click the link and nothing happens. I can read the normal weblink below it. What should I do? ...

Populating objects from XML file
Hello, I have an XML file that contains parent / child relations between objects. e.g. There is a Manager who can have one to many employees and these employees can have one to many phone numbers. I would like to know the best way to retrieve this information from the XML file and store into business objects. I have the following idea which would work 1) Load the XML file into a DataSet (After validating against a schema) and then use the relationships defined in the schema to match objects between datatables Is there a better / way to do this? Thanks Adam Adam w...

mspview.exe missing after installing Microsoft Office Document Ima
I have Office 2007 Small Business on Vista. I tried installing the Microsoft Office Document Imaging component, but mspview.exe is still missing. How can I get that installed? Thank you. Jerry ...

Can't import OLE object into Access without getting an error mess
The operation on the OLE object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it. am copying in stuff I saved when I ran across this problem....there is a page on this at the microsoft support area but I can't find the url: -- NTC OLE Embedding uses the registered OLE Server application for the particular file-type to store the object when you insert it. If you have different registered OLE servers on the different machines you will get different behaviour. This is one of the drawbacks of OLE Embedding (but by no means the most serious). O...

Active Directory contact objects
Hi, Anybody have any idea why my new contact objects created in AD are not appearing in the global address list in Outlook. Objects have had email address created via exchange tasks. Aloha Andy, When did you create them? It can take some time for the OAB to be rebuilt and pushed out to your client machines. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html > Hi, > > Anybody have any idea why my new contact objects created in AD are not > appearing in the global address list in Outl...

IMAP and Sent objects
Hello everybody, how does this work: I want to have my sent mails from my IMAP accounts delivered to my "Sent" folder under my IMAP account and not into my "Personal folder". Does anybody know how to solve this ? Thank you in forward Yours sincerely, Sebastian swiegand <Wiegand_Sebastian@web.de> wrote: > I want to have my sent mails from my IMAP accounts delivered to my > "Sent" folder under my IMAP account and not into my "Personal folder". Asked and answered in this group many times. 15 seconds at Google Groups would have fou...

Some gridlines missing
I have some worksheets where some, but not all of the gridlines are missing. Using Tools/Options/View and unchecking and then checking makes no difference. Any solution? I'd like to have them. have you been playing with conditional formatting? or Maybe you filled the cells in as white, try highliting the sheet and select no fill -- davesexcel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31708 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=526345 ...