system mailboxes

Is there anything special I need to do with SystemMailbox, SMTP, and
System Attendant mailboxes on the Exchange 2003 server before
decommissioning the server? All user mailboxes were moved to Exchange
2007 (Same domain, separate Exchange Administrative Groups)
Do I need to change homeMDB attribute of the Microsoft System Attendant
object to point new database? It still points to the old exchange.

Thanks
0
iso

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 08:59:17 -0800, Fant�mas  <fant�mas@scotland
yard.net> wrote:

>Is there anything special I need to do with SystemMailbox, SMTP, and
>System Attendant mailboxes on the Exchange 2003 server before
>decommissioning the server? All user mailboxes were moved to Exchange
>2007 (Same domain, separate Exchange Administrative Groups)
>Do I need to change homeMDB attribute of the Microsoft System Attendant
>object to point new database? It still points to the old exchange.
>
>Thanks

Don't need to do anything. The system will automatically generate what
it needs to on the 2007 server.
If you are able to uninstall 2003 from the existing box you're good.
0
Mark

restore exchange 5.5 mailbox
Hi, I need to restore a mailbox from year 2002. At the time the Exchange 5.5 and Winnt backup were used, basically the database was backed up in Winnt. I know that Exchange 2000\2003 was introduced to get around the above problem but there maybe 3rd party software to do the above issue? I will be grateful for any information received. Mark Palmer. On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 06:13:06 -0800, "mark palmer - novice" <markpalmernovice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > I need to restore a mailbox from year...

Secure Single Mailbox
Is there a way that I can set up a mailbox where only a single user,( non admin), can access. An administrator would not be able to change permissions on the mailbox through Active Directory Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way that I can set up a mailbox where only a single user,( non >admin), can access. That would describe the default configuration. >An administrator would not be able to change permissions >on the mailbox through Active Directory What kind of administrator? Exchange or Domain? Assuming that a domain admin restricted th...

System Jobs for Matchcode update stuck in waiting status
System Jobs for Matchcode update stuck in waiting status. Does anyone know how to resolve this? It seems to be for Leads, Accounts, and Contacts. Also, does this affect workflows? -- Onetreeup The status waiting may indicate the workflow has run into an exception. To view this open the advanced find on the system jobs and add the columns message and error code to the view, this will give any additional information if available. This may help you to resolve the issue. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Extended Entity and Plug-in browser: http://www.patrickverbeete...

Duplicate Calendar in Outlook Mailbox
Hi All, I have a customer who using Office 2007 and here is the issue: When she accept/setup the Calendar meeting, she gets an error : Responses to this meeting request will not be tallied because this meeting is not in your main Calendar Folder. Is this OK? When I check the Outlook, using the Folder List View, I can see two calendars in the Mailbox. I am guessing this is the cause of the error above. Can anyone can help me on this. Regards, AsHes Is she using Exchange server? Is it set as the default delivery location? (It needs to be.) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - O...

Mailbox AutoAccept or AutoAcceptAgent?
What are the major differences between a simple auto-accepting mailbox and using the AutoAccept Agent? We have LOTS of rescheduled meetings, so I am leaning towards AAA, but I would like to have a better understanding of what it really adds. Best, Gordon - You can simply invite the resource to a meeting, rather than having to make sure it's added as a resource. (Source of more than half the scheduling issues in many environments.... ) - AutoAccept agent checks the resource mailboxes' calendar, not the published free/busy info (which could be inconsistent at any given point - li...

extrange problems after moving mailboxes.
Hi, We are working on an exchange 2003 sp2 organisation, with w2k3 sp2. Reccently we needed to move mailboxes from some servers to another. Now some users need to click send/receive button to receive their emails. Occassionaly some receive a message after sending email out of our organisation, saying they have no permission to send email to such recipients. This last problem occur at the same time to everybody and some minutes later works fine. Any idea? thank you very much Comments inline below. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions ...

3.0 setup system requirement failure
I am attempting to install an upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0 of CRM. 1.2 has been up and functing perfectly for ~ 1yr. It resides on a SBS2003 install with all patches and updates applied. This server also has: Exchange, SQL 2000, Sharepoint Services, Sharepoint Portal, and Source Safe running on it. On install - Verification Descriptions and Results I receive the following. Success:63 Warnings:0 Errors:2 ERROR 1 - Internet Information Services (IIS) - Invlaid URI: The hostname could not be parsed - detail also Help Reads: Microsoft CRM Web Site Cannot Be Accessed Cause Setup cannot access the s...

Mailbox Statistics
IMI Mailbox Statistics for MS Exchange Server is small utility for Exchange Admin to get, print and export Mailbox resources statistics, intended to cover the lack of print capabilities in the current version of the Exchange Admin. Key Benefits a.. Obtain information about all the mailboxes on a MS Exchange Server b.. The report columns give to you information such as the mailbox name, the Windows NT user account name of the last user to log on to the Mailbox, the sizes of each of the messages in the mailbox, the total number of messages in the mailbox, the date and time when the user ...

Total Size of All Mailboxes of Exhange 2003 Standard
Dear All, How can I find the total size of all mailboxes in Exchange 2k3 ? I can only find individual's size in System Manager. Thank you. Regards, Horace 19 Jan 04 Bring up Exchange System Manager, and drill down to the Mailboxes object under your mailbox store. Make sure Mailboxes is highlighted, and then right-click it - you'll see the Export List task. This will give you a text file that you can then paste into Excel, etc. Note that the total mailbox sizes doesn't equal the size of the overall database, since single instance storage comes into play. -- Neil Hobson Ex...

multiple mailboxes within an EDB file with the same name
Hoping to get some help with an issue related to exchange mailboxes. Without getting into the details of incidents that led to this situation, let me just describe the situation first - I am running E2K3 (as part of standard install of Small Biz Server 2003). I am trying to consolidate 2 mailboxes into 1. They are both the same name but one of them used to be an account in another domain. (a different security principal). When I browse Mailboxes via Exchange System Manager, I see both the mailboxes. Using the free version of Ontrack PowerControls, I can see the 2 mailboxes and their contents...

Mailbox enabled user #2
I have created a new mailbox enabled user in windows 2003 AD, but when I launch System Manger on Exchange 2003, I do not see the mailbox for this user in the mailbox store. Does it take a while before it actually shows up in Exchange? or is there trick to expedite the process. Thanks for your help. Chow. On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:04:27 -0400, "Cody" <none> wrote: >I have created a new mailbox enabled user in windows 2003 AD, but when I >launch System Manger on Exchange 2003, I do not see the mailbox for this >user in the mailbox store. Does it take a while befo...

Non-destructive System Restore
After I did the non-destructive system restore I have two disk structures, the new one and also "My old disk structure". Can all this "old" stuff be deleted? It's taking up twice as much space on my computer? Palmtree wrote: > After I did the non-destructive system restore I have two disk > structures, the new one and also "My old disk structure". Can all > this "old" stuff be deleted? It's taking up twice as much space on > my computer? You are *not likely* speaking of any feature in Windows XP (The System Restore ...

Publisher makes the system restart
I have a wierd problem while using Publisher2000 on a Windows 98 system. Whenever I try to save an existing file or zoom any object in the file, etc. the system restarts. Pub2000 is a stand alone version. I tried in safe mode, uninstalling Norton AV, reinstalling office, Repaired Publisher2000, repaired the registry, done all sorts of things without much use. Plz. help me. Hi Kiran, Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about video drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you are encountering. I would recommend is restarting you...

How can I read emails from other employees mailboxes on Exchange 2003
I have exchange 2003, how can I check my employee's emails without resetting their passwords... I would like to be able to check multiple employee's emails periodically. I installed outlook on my exchange server and I granted myself full rights to a specific mailbox is there a better way? I would like to open outlook and be able to pick any of the mailboxes profiles from a drop down box from the AD. Is that possible? THANK YOU! On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:08:07 -0500, "mardskee" <amigo@elitemg.com> wrote: >I have exchange 2003, how can I check my employee's...

how to stop news items being sent to my mailbox
I have a dial-up internet connection and I find that my mailbox gets jammed up receiving unwanted news bulletins from Microsoft. apart from getting broadband which is too expensive for a recreational home-user what can I do ? I also cannot get updates to download without error message 8024402C which tells me to choose a LAN setting which I can't do on dial-up. You can unsubscribe from email lists but if the bulletins are what I think they are, you are on some virus spammers list. If your email provider offers spam filtering, enable it. As for the updates, you can change the dialup ...

mailbox size limits #2
We currently do not have any size limits and have a few users with huge mailbox's. I want to know if I setup the mailbox sixe limit's does exchange have a ceiling on it.. I tried to set the limit for like 4 gig but it wouldn't let me.. Please let me know. Thanks Well via the GUI its 2 GB. But you can do this to go higher: http://www.petri.co.il/setting_mailbox_limits_over_2gb.htm "Stup88" <Stup88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29CEDB75-AB15-47D8-B42E-481207100A1A@microsoft.com... > We currently do not have any size limits and have a ...

same mailbox in different address book views
Hi I got a organization with 50 diff location on a exchange 5.5. each location has its own container in address book view (custom attribue). If I have users that works in more than one location how do I make thoose people appear in address book view for alll the locations they work in? [Edit] It should be like if you could add more than 1 custom attribute for every custom attribute field. [/Edit] ...

custom mailbox limits warning messages?
ANyone know a way to customize the warning messages users receive when the are reaching their limit? The default text says they have reached their limit, but i've got the warning threshold at 80% of limit and would rather it sound more like an actuall warning. Running exchange 2k3 sp2 Here is a good article by Henrik Walther that may be helpful. http://www.msexchange.org/articles/Customizing-Mailbox-Limit-Warnings-Quota-Message-Service.html This is much easier to do in Exchange 2007, by the way. :-) -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Directory Update - http://ww...

OWA Form based authentication
Hello Newsgroup ! I have a question. Does someone of you know how to access the mailbox of another user when form based authentication is enabled? Without FBA enabled it is servername/exchange/user@doamin.com. I don't know how to access the mailbox directly from the logon page when FBA is enabled. Thank you in advanced Br Markus ...

Mailbox does not exist #2
I deleted my mailbox and recreated it about 2 months ago and people are constantly having trouble emailing me. They get NDR's saying that my email address does not exist until they download a new address book. I would think that this should be resolved by now. What can I do to make this stop happening. Tyson Find your old address (in the NDR) and add it to your proxyaddresses. Clearly an address changed (probably the X500) and in order to send to you users must download an updated OAB. "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:676354D4-B18...

SBS 2003 system resource problem
I have a situation where BackupExec 10d will Freeze the server The Exchange Files are 36Gb and 14Gb in size So I stopped Exchange with a script and tried to Xcopy the ExchSrvr folder - this stoped after about 5 mins and dos window closed So I tried copying the 14Gb file manually using copy / paste This gave a Insufficient System resource error and stopped at about 80% I have 4Gb RAM in the Server and plenty of disk space My page file is system recommeded 6Gb (both) Any ideas? copy and xcopy both use memory to copy files. Not surprising that you'll have issue...

Active Directory/Exchange mailbox
Does anyone have any infofmation on why I can creat a new user in Active directory on Exchange, and during the creation I get asked if I want to create an email account, I indicate yes I do, and then when everything is all said and done... An email exchange account for that user is never created. I've gone into sytem manager of exchange and view the existing email accounts and nothing ever gets created for a new user. I am puzzled seeing that I never had this issue with Exchange 2000 We are running an Exchange 2003 platform Any help would be great!! <anonymous@discussions.m...

Encore Payment Systems
Is anyone using Encore Payment Systems for their credit/debit card processor? They are a member of the VITAL network, so from the posts here, they should be compatible with both debit and credit processing, correct? If you have or do use them, what experience could you share? Thanks, Nathan Jung I have always been able to get credit card processing going with a VITAL processor, but they are not always able to do pin based debit. You need to contact the processor and ask them if they will encode a pin pad for you and process those transactions. "Nathan Jung" <Nathan Jung...

how can i empty a mailbox but not via outlook?
we have several users that have accumalated mail in their mailbox and do not work for the company anymore. we need to access and/or delete these items from the server without the use of outlook. any pointers? Exmerge can do it.... http://www.petri.co.il/delete_messages_from_mailboxes_by_using_exmerge.htm <jjd228@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote in message news:uvOd5vYRFHA.904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > we have several users that have accumalated mail in their mailbox and do > not work for the company anymore. we need to access and/or delete these > items from the server with...

Mailbox Management
Hi I have created a Recipiant Policy - Mailbox Management with the filter mail=user@domain.com an When starting the Mailbox management process and its done I can see that 4 other mailboxes are also running this policy. In the log I can see that these mailboxes are using 'Default Policy' and then all folders are listed The Default Policy is used to create addresses for new users and the Mailbox Management is not marked Any ideas about this Hello Stefan I dont even fully understand you question, how many policies do you have and what are they intented to do ... what 4 other mailboxes ...