System Attendant Mailbox #2

This mailbox contains only 6 items but it's size is 264mb.

We are running short on space on this drive and I have
tried to access this mailbox to see what it contains but
have had no luck. I thought it was supposed to store
monitoring messages etc.

Is there any way I can access/purge this, I can't find
any way via management console.
0
grant9002 (1)

The following steps should allow you to access the mailbox and remove
information from it:

*** Problem Description ***
The following are instructions for logging on to the System Attendant
Mailbox in
Exchange 2000:

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
<>
*** Resolution *** Apr 22 2002

1. To log on to the System Attendant Mailbox, we first need a profile.

Profiles for the Microsoft System Attendant can be found in
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
Messaging
Subsystem\Profiles

Simply highlight one of the profiles (I prefer to use the bottom-most one)
with the
title of ExchangeAdmin (servername) (some hex string) in regedit and choose
Registry->Export Registry File. Give it a name like
systemattendantprofile.reg and
save it off.

2. Open up the systemattendantprofile.reg by right-clicking on it and
choosing edit
from the context menu.

3. Perform a find and replace in notepad (or whatever editor you have
opened the
..reg file in) to replace all instances of "HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT" with
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER".

4. Choose File->Save As, save the file as SystemAttendantProfileImport.reg
and
close notepad.

5. Copy the file to whatever machine has Outlook installed on it (if the
E2K server
has Outlook installed on it, no need to copy). Double-click on
SystemAttendantProfileImport.reg and when prompted click "Yes" to import
that
information into the registry. Click OK.

6. Open up regedit on whatever machine you imported the .reg file in Step
#5 above
and navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
Messaging
Subsystem\ProfilesVerify that the ExchangeAdmin (servername) (random hex
string)
and appropriate sub-folders were created. If so, you now have a working
MAPI
profile for the System Attendant.

7. Open up MDBVU32 (it comes on the Exchange 2000 CD in the
\Support\Utils\I386 folder) on the client machine (the one where you just
imported the reg
file, i.e. the machine with Outlook installed and the reg key from Step #6
above
imported).

8. Check the boxes for MAPI_NEW_SESSION, MAPI_EXPLICIT_PROFILE, and
MAPI_NO_MAIL.

9. Choose the ExchangeAdmin (Servername) (hex string) profile that was
created in
the steps above

10. Click MDB and choose Open Message Store

11. Highlight "Mailbox - System Attendant" and choose Open

12. Choose MDB and select Open Root Folder

13. Double-click Top of Information Store

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support

--------------------
>From: "Grant Stevenson" <grant@inetsoft.co.uk>
>Sender: "Grant Stevenson" <grant@inetsoft.co.uk>
>Subject: System Attendant Mailbox
>Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:34:46 -0800
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
>
>This mailbox contains only 6 items but it's size is 264mb.
>
>We are running short on space on this drive and I have
>tried to access this mailbox to see what it contains but
>have had no luck. I thought it was supposed to store
>monitoring messages etc.
>
>Is there any way I can access/purge this, I can't find
>any way via management console.

0
rroddy (682)

cannot send or receive email #2
I get a "0x800ccc7D" error message and cannot send or receive email. Seems to be related to SSL conditioning? SBC says all my address information is correct and referred me to MSFT tech support. ...

Setup #2
Ok, I have a new email adress from a website I work for, im trying to get the emails sent to my outlook but it never works, sending or reciving i always get the same error message. Im trying to get emails from www.hgtourneys.com Well, with that much information, troubleshooting this issue for you will be a snap. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Cheese Pope asked: | Ok, I have a new email adress from a website I ...

copying messages to multiple mailboxes
I've worked around this issue in a number of ways, and it's getting unwieldy and more complicated. So what I'm looking for is a "best method" solution. Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000/2003 clients. I have a group of users who each need to receive the other's mail, incoming and outgoing. The kicker is they need to receive the message only once. So if I have three users for example, A, B and C, then I need the following: Message from X to A also gets copied to B and C. Message from C to A gets copied only B. The problem I've had most trouble with is a message from...

exchange 2003 Pop3 access #2
I'm trying to publish smtp and pop3 through isa. neither of the server publishing rules smtp or pop3 work properly. I was able to work around the smtp portion by configuring smtp virtual server on isa then forwarding to the exchange server. so on to pop3 for this scenario: 10.0.0.2 = exchange server ip 10.0.0.1 = isa internal 10.1.0.1 = isa dmz 60.60.60.60 = public ip address of mail server (nat by firewall to dmz interface of isa) I used mail server publishing to publish pop3 from "external" to "10.0.0.2" Following the tuturial on isaserver.org still I am ...

address books #2
I have been successful in networking 2 "XP professional" computers that are using Office 2000 Premium. I can see my emails on both but can only access the address books on the original one. Can I link the address books from the original computer to the 2nd one like I did the personal folders? Please tell me how but be exact as I am not a techie person but can follow directions. Thanks. ...

How to lock and unlock the XP system from remote system.
Hi I am writting a program to lock and unlock the remote desptop.For this I need some help related to sending Ctrl+Alt+Del to the remote PC.Can any one help me on the issue. Regards Prashant Sharma Yes. Find something else to do with your time. You keep trying to do something that any decent security system forbids. There is already remote access. See if you can find APIs relating to remote access. But I suspect that you will discover that Windows security is going to make this task impossible. joe On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:19:31 +0530, "ISDC" <satish7684@hotmail.com&...

Formula help! #2
hi all can someone help me where i have a row of numbers that go 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 5, 10, 5 etc... from cells D2:K2 i want a formula to put in A2 that returns the first non- zero number, ie. it would return 5. it would also be useful to have a formula that returns which column the first non-zero number occurs in. any ideas? thanks JohnQ one way: First non-zero (array-entered: CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RETURN): =INDEX(rng,MATCH(TRUE,rng<>0,FALSE)) where rng is your range reference (e.g., D2:K2). Column the first-non-zero occurs in (also array-entered): =LEFT(ADDRESS(1,3+MA...

How to impersonate to Local System Account (SYSTEM)
My service is configurated as the Administrators acount. I need to impersonate the service to Local System Account (SYSTEM) in some circumtances. How? Thanks very very much indeed lauch ...

&[page]+2 not giving me 3....
Greetings I am using two versions of excel - one is excel 2000 where I us the &[page]+2 to give me page 3 and continue numbering the page bu when I send the document to a colleague using excel 2002 in win-x instead of printing page 3, 4 , 5 it prints page 12, 22, 32, 42, 52 an so on. Does ayone have a solution for this? Iva -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In Excel 2002, there is an option on the File->Page Setup screen to start page numbering at 3 instead of Auto. If that option also exists in 2000, then you should be all set. Otherwise; I'm at an impass, t...

Help in Excel #2
Hi, I am new to exceltip & this is my first msg.Say i have the following values in & as A1 : 20 ,A5 : 40 ,A7 : 50 ,A12 : 44,A18 : 90 etc...... Now every time i drag/copy-paste the values till the next row.I need to find out a way so that these values get copied till it finds a value in the other row(BUT IN THE SAME COLUMN).Like A1 - A4 :20 A5 - A6 : 40 A7 - A11 : 50 A12 - A17 : 44 & A18 - 90. I hope i posted it right. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Exc...

updating identity on every startup office after restart #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Well, somewhat annoying... Since a week or I find myself waiting for a couple of minutes when I start Word, Excel or Powerpoint in Office 2008. It happens when I click the buttons on the buttom, but also when I try to open an existing .docx, .pptx or .xlsx. It happens only after a reboot of the system. I used Entourage but stopped using it about half a year ago. Use Imail now. Any idea what to do? Full reinstall of Office2008? Thanks very much, Jaap ...

Integration with legacy systems
Hello there. 've seen there is an integration between Microsoft CRM and MS Great Plains. I need to do a similar integration beetween Microsoft CRM and a local System ERP named Diapason. The customer shoul be created by MS CRM. passed to the ERP. Updated tin the ERP and then updated automatically in the MS CRM. Order born in CRM. When approved, tehy should send to the ERP. The ERP create the invoice and send the invoice to MS CRM. Price list is managed by the ERP, imported in MS CRM and when updated in ERO, should be updated automatically in CRM. Customer are updated in ERP and shou...

Multiple Mailboxes Delete
Hi, Is there an easy way of deleting multiple mailboxes from either GUI or command line? Thanks TagaR Using Active Directory Users and Computers on a machine that has Exchange System Manager installed you can perform a search for the user accounts that have the mailboxes you would like to delete, select them all and then right click on the selection. On the shortcut menu, just select Exchange Tasks... this will walk you through the mailbox deletion process. If you are running Exchange 2003, you can also perform this task using Exchange System Manager. "TagaR" wrote: >...

Problem with Worksheet in the migration .NET 2005 Beta 2 To .NET 2005
hello: I had installed .NET 2005 Beta 2. I have a project of excel and this book of excel has many worksheets. By each sheet I mad= e a class. In the Hoja1_Initialize method of the Hoja1 class, I call to another method= that it has like parameter a Excel.Worksheet type. When I call this method: generate(this), "this" in .NET 2005 Beta is a active sheet(H= oja1), but when I installed .NET version 2005, its dont work. "this" is the Hoja1 clas= s, no the active sheet(Hoja1). So, I call method thus: this.Activate(); Hoja1Class.getInstance().generate((Excel.Worksheet)this.A...

send on behalf #2
When delegate sending email on behalf of mailbox owner 'send on behalf of' information does not appear...any ideas. Then someone has set up "send as" rights on the Exchange server itself, perhaps by mistake. Di wrote: > When delegate sending email on behalf of mailbox > owner 'send on behalf of' information does not > appear...any ideas. The administrator needs to confirm the user doesn't have Send As permission enabled. "Di" wrote: > When delegate sending email on behalf of mailbox > owner 'send on behalf of' informat...

OWA 2003 SSL Redirect #2 (HELP)
I posted this on the dev newsgroup yesterday, but still haven't gotten this working so maybe one of you can help me out. I've enabled SSL on my 2003 OWA Server (IIS6) and have forced Secure connections, however I want to redirect anyone coming in on port 80 to my HTTPS Logon Page. I've tried this but couldn't get it to work: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;279681 I've also tried a a similar method where I change the 403.4 custom error on the Exchange VS to my own redirect.htm file, listed below, but instead of doing the redirect to my URL...

Publisher printing problem #2
When I do a brochure,the edge of the printing does not print. I have the margins set for zero and the text all fits in the text box. If I move the text box inward it will print but leaves too large an edge on the right side. I have no problem with the left side printing all the way to the edge when I need it. I print on an hp deskjet 970Cxi Any help is appreciated A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from pam <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > When I do a brochure,the edge of the printing does not > print. I have the margins s...

Cannot Mount Mailbox or Public Store
I was having trouble connecting outlook to exchange and discovered that the Mailbox and Public Folders were not mounted. When I attempt to mount them, I get a message that says to restart the Exchange Information Store and Exchange Management services. This did not help. I have run chkdsk /f /r and tried to remount the mailbox store without success. I wanted to delete the mailbox store and recreate a new one but can't do that either. Help . . . I have SBS2003 with up to date patches. . . What errors are you seeing in the application log? I'm not sure with SB version but wi...

Mailbox disconnected
I have a user mailbox that has no availible exchanges task it was last logged onto by a sid address. The account that should own it has no exchange extended features (like it doesnt have a mailbox). Is this a stupid question ? How do I relink this person mailbox. I have no options on the mailbox (reconnect/delete..) TIA "Gary" <GARYK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a user mailbox that has no availible exchanges >task it was last logged onto by a sid address. The >account that should own it has no exchange extended >features (like it doesnt ha...

Undisclosed-Recipient #2
I have Outlook 2003 and I want 2 send an e-mail and have Undisclosed-Recipients in the To field. How do I do that? You can use Bcc (blind carbon copy). Please see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=299804. "Goddess" <"Goddess"@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD5BD8F7-6EAB-40B9-B964-C94ABDF1ABB8@microsoft.com... > I have Outlook 2003 and I want 2 send an e-mail and have > Undisclosed-Recipients in the To field. How do I do that? Yes, thank you. I know how to do that part, but that is in the bbc field only. I need it to appear in the to fie...

0x800ccc0e #2
hi anyone out there ever had this error message ?? the connection of the server has failed...with numbers 10060 and 0x800ccc0e?? pleeeeeeeese help.. thaank-you pam pam wrote: > > hi anyone out there ever had this error message ?? the > connection of the server has failed...with numbers 10060 > and 0x800ccc0e?? pleeeeeeeese help.. thaank-you pam It is a common Outlook problem for which there is apparently not a cure. If you post your Outlook Version and the complete text of the error message, someone might be able to help you out. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

Trust access to visual basic project in XP systems
we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . Because of the this i think vb exe which is try to run excel macro are failing. can any one hlep me. This is a setting that each user must change. So I think you'll have to educate the users to change this setting before your VB program can run. kasi wrote: > > we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not > have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . > Because of the this i...

excel causing system to be in low system resource
Hi all. Whenever i open my excel application, i am always prompted low system resource and have to exit the application. However all my other office applications like word, access work fine when i open them. I face similar problems before and i reinstall excel to solve the problem. Is there a better solution which can solve this problem once and for all? Thks in advance ...

Migrate CRM 1.2 to another server
Hello, I need to migrate a CRM 1.2 server to another server box and i can't find information about this can someone help me. Thank You, Paulo Mesquita Have a look at the Redeployment Tool that you can download from here (it should contain some useful documentation): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bfced393-61db-49af-9a50-4a90b311fa7d&displaylang=en -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Paulo Mesquita" wrote: > Hello, > > I need to migrate a CRM 1.2 server to another server box and i can&...

excel 2003 issue #2
Hi, In Excel 2003 iam trying to get the data out through the Pivot facility. After that i do arithmethic works using the pivoted cells. during that time in the formula bar it tell me something like "GETPIVOTDATA". Now the issue is if i open the same file in office 2000 then pivot table is seen but the arithmetic programmed fields show as "#VALUE". Please help me to get the data back at my arithmetic fields. regards Yazh ...