synching contacts with exchange 2003

Hello,

Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003.

Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003.

If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the
server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file?

Thanks for any help.

0
compcoff (64)

In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,
Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed:
> Hello,
>
> Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003.
>
> Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003.
>
> If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved
> to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst
> file?
> Thanks for any help.

If everyone is connecting to their mailboxes directly, and are not using PST
files for delivery, then it's all in the mailbox.
Don't use PST files at all, really.

0
lanwench (7567)
10/24/2006 5:36:42 PM
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:33:20 -0400, "Peter McCaul"
<compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003.
>
>Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003.
>
>If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the
>server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file?
>
>Thanks for any help.

If it's in the "Contacts" folder that's directly underneath where it
says "Mailbox - User Name" then everything there is on the server.
0
mark7219 (5666)

CRM Crashing Exchange 05-29-06
Here's what i'm getting. When it happens Exchange and CRM stop functioning. A reboot temporarily solves this. Win 2003 SBS w/exchange 2003. Event ID 1000 Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.1830, faulting module CRMCache.dll, version 3.0.5300.0, fault address 0x0003cb39. Thanks, JHo ...

Where has the assistant field in Ex 5.5 gone in Exchange 2003?
Hello, I am strugling to figure out what has happened to the assistant attribute in Ex2k3, when viewing a users mailbox properties within OAB the Assistant field appears. However going into ADUC and viewing the properties of the particular user, I can't see any place where I can change this? When viewing the users mailbox in 5.5 it shows the Assistant object. Any ideas would be great Regards Brendan "Brendan" <Brendan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, I am strugling to figure out what has happened to the assistant >attribute in Ex2k3, when viewing a ...

HELP ME! Exchange has gone wrong
My Server went offline for some reason but I have now got it back onto the internet (looks like my router messed up). I can browse the Internet, but I cant recieve email. I have checked my Domain name MX record is pointing to my Dyndns address which is showing my current IP address. I have sent email to my Hotmail address, and tried replying but it hasnt arrived yet. Can anyone help me Woady "Me" <me@me.com> wrote in message news:d4efh9$em0$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk... > My Server went offline for some reason but I have now got it back onto the > internet (loo...

Configure for Business Contact Manager
Do you have to make any configuration changes in Exchange 2k for Outlook 2003 Business Contact Manager to work properly? ...

Auto-Accept Agent event sink for Exchange Server 2003 help!
I have installed the Auot-Accept Agent, using the local system account as the service's account. I have edited the AutoAccept.config.xml file, leeaving only the "global" configuration information. I have run the RegisterMailbox.vbs and ListMailboxes.vbs scripts to add and list those accounts added (I created a text file with the default SMTP addresses as found in Exchange Server 2003). All of these steps appear to have gone off flawlessly... The problem... proving this is true with the MailboxStatus.vbs script. This script's XML output (run with the /DEBUG option on) indic...

No Exchange Organization Container found
I ran the Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool and got the above error. I checked out a few KB articles which advised to run domainprep. My question is this: How dangerous is running domainprep? I am running Exchange 2003 sp1 and everything runs fairly well with very few complaints. How will running domainprep affect how things currently run? Will running it reset other things that should not be changed? help! Running domainprep should not impact your environment. As always though make sure you have a good backup. Nue "salrimon" <salrimon@discussions.microso...

Exchange recovery #2
Hi there, I need to complete a full restoration of Exchange 2003 on a Win 2000 server as part of a recovery test procedures. The Exchange 2003 is part of the windows 200 DC and the data is backed up fully every night, including all Exchange data files. Can anyone recommend the 'best practice' for completing this procedure? Any help would be appreciated D this really says it all: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/library/MRFME2KS. mspx <dave.c.rogers@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1126532700.139704.6530@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi th...

Restoring Outlook 2003
I am running Outlook 2007 as a part of the Office 2007 package. I am not happy with it, nor am I happy with Word or Excel 2007. I wish to "downgrade" back to 2003. Am I able to simply run the installer and have it replace 2007 or do I need to completely uninstall 2007 and reinstall 2003 from scratch? Finally, if I have to do the latter how can I back up my Outlook data, phonebook, email addresses, contacts and all email messages which include attachments that I want to keep? Thanks You would have to uninstall 2007, your data will not be affected, but backup is allways wise. OL...

Cant Synch
While going offline, i get the following error message: The speficied domain logon name already exists. You must specify a unique domain logon name or open the user record that is using this name already. ???? Please help I found another post related to this. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?&query=sfo+go+offline&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.crm&p=1&tid=e56792c2-c9d1-41a9-8deb-f5216622220e and it says that there is a private hotfix for this. Microsoft, please can you giv...

Exchange 2003 System Manager #2
I just completed the migration from 5.5 to 2003. When I try to open mailboxes using exchange system manager, it takes several minutes before the mailboxes are displayed. There are less than 1000 mailboxes and I never had this delay using exchange 5.5 administrator. This delay happens whether I'm logged directly on the server or connect remotly. The only other thing on the server is the E-Trust AV piece for Exchange. ...

emailing a non-contact file
How do I send an email to an address that I do not wish to set up in my contact files? This will be a one time email and the contact info is not needed. MBI POOLS wrote: > How do I send an email to an address that I do not wish to set up in my > contact files? This will be a one time email and the contact info is not > needed. just type in the address in the "To" field of a new email........ -- Registered Linux User no 240308 Kubuntu 6.06, Open Office 2 gordonDOTburgessparkerATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk to email me remove the obvious! Yes, I am just typing the email ad...

OL 2003 Signature Hell
Greets, After spending about 2 days searching in this and other forums for a solution, I'm stumped. I've got 2 separate email accounts set up, one personal and one business. I do not want a signature for personal mail, but I've created one for business. The personal account is set up as the default account and must remain that way. When I create a new mail message, and select my business account, the default signature does not appear. I have set this up both in OL and Word. The ONLY way to get the "insert|signature" menu option is to disable Word as my editor, again...

How do you sign up for Exchange 2007 SP1 beta?
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/02/23/435699.aspx - this might make the Exchange 2007 hardware and software I foolishly purchased usable - anyone know how I can sign up for the beta? http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/e/6/5e672458-592a-44a2-b489-11cec19d3c82/RelNotes.htm - hopefully there is a way to actually download it. Thanks "boe" <boe_d@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23mBC31hdHHA.2088@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/02/23/435699.aspx - this might make > the Exchange 2007 hardware and software I foo...

Custom Recipient Stats in Exchange 5.5?
Is it possible to obtain stats on Custom Recipient usage e.g the frequency custom recipients are used and when they were last used? We're looking to clean up our GAL by deleting unused CRs, in part. Any advice would be much apprecited. TIA ...

personnalize contact form in OWA
I would like if it's possible to personnalize it in OWA and in this case how to do that ? I know how to do in outlook but not in OWA. Perhaps some html files need to be modify. Thanks for your replies. ...

Blackberry VS active synch security issue
Hello all we run exchagne excahgne 2003 sp1 on windows 2003 sp1. We are currently using Active sync to support around 60 users in the field. The EAS VS is se t to use a certificate with 128 bit encryption. We recently had a consultant come to our office and suggested that using a nenterprise BB server is more secure than using EAS and active sync. I said to the consultnat that users sync over 128 but SSL connection to theFRONT end exchange server, and asked him to explain to me how using a BBserve would be more secure than this, but he just shook his head. Anyone care to comment O...

Sync Contacts with Office Live, no notes field?
Hi all, Attempting to get my Contacts synched from Outlook into Office Live. However, any contacts that have entries in the 'Notes' field in Outlook generate an error during the sync. It appears there is no notes field in the contacts bit of Office Live. Is this correct? Any way around it? Andy In article <slrnhu2dej.28o.andy@atom.gently.org.uk>, Andy Hawkins<andy@gently.org.uk> wrote: > Hi all, > > Attempting to get my Contacts synched from Outlook into Office Live. > However, any contacts that have entries in the 'Notes' f...

Business Contact Manager
Upon trying to install Business Contact Manager into Outlook 2003(Office 2003 Professional running on Windows 2000 Professional), the original installation failed. Now every time I try the install again I get : "The wizard was interrupted before Microsfoft Business Contact Manager could be completeley installed. All changes made during this process were removed. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again. Click Finish to exit the wizard". Anyone know how to get past this message? ...

Importing custom recipients into Exchange 55
I would like to import from excel as custom recipients on an Exchange 55 box. Thank you for your help jb "Jason Benway" <benwayj@nospam.ghsp.com.removethis> wrote: >I would like to import from excel as custom recipients on an Exchange 55 >box. Export the spreadsheet to a CSV format. The "Books Online" have information on using Directory Import from the admin program. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

How to synch personal contacts w/ a contacts list in a public fold
Several Outlook 2003 users with Blackberries want to 1) easily copy the contacts from several public contacts folders into their own personal contacts and 2) be able to receive changes when the public folder contact lists are updated by one person. What is the easiest way to do this? Is there any way to "synch" the contacts in the public folder to these users' personal contacts without their intervention? -- Lisa M Not easy but check these options: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm Also, you may want to check with the folks in microsoft.public.pocketpc.actives...

Subform
I'm trying to add a subform to a form that I had already created. The subform is based off the field for the Patient Visit Date. Each patient may have multiple visit dates, so I added the subform to be able to capture multiple values for the same patient, but whenever I try to enter more than one date I get an error message that says "You can't assign a value to this object. * The object may be a control on a read-only form * The object may be on a form that is open in design view * The value may be too large for this field." I was hoping that when I enter...

palm synch
Hi, My laptop is running Win98 and I use Outlook 2000. I recently formatted my hard drive and am trying to synch all my contacts and appointments from my palm into Outlook. I read in the Palm instruction manual that if I wanted to do this I would need a conduit. I went on Palm's website and tried looking for it, but no luck there. What do I need to do in order to transfer/copy all my appointments from my palm into Outlook 2000? TIA Palm doesn't make one. Try www.chapura.com and check out PocketMirror. Stu Katz wrote: > Hi, > > My laptop is running Win98 and I use Out...

Outlook 2003 Synch Log Errors
One of my users has brought to my attention that in your Outlook 2003 client there is a folder "Synchronization Log" that populates with error information multiple times a day. It is as follows: Offline Address Book, Error: 0X8004010F. I have her Outlook 2003 running in Caching mode and It is pulling from an Exchange 2000 server. We are in the process of upgrading that to 2003. Is it safe to assume that the cause of these errors are Exchange 2000 not playing well with Outlook 2003? Is there a way to turn off this reporting? If not, I've already informed her to ignore ...

Cannot connect with Exchange 2003 over VPN?
User is able to open Outlook 2003 via VPN from a network at a client's site (LAN), but when opening Outlook via VPN from home Outlook does not connect to server. Any ideas? Is there something we can check on the users home Internet connection or router? Thanks, -- Ed Wlodarczyk Ennis, Pellum & Associates Has the user checked the firewall settings? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head s...

Multiple contacts
In Windows 7 there are multiple lists of contacts - in Windows Live Mail, in C:\Owner, etc. Recently, I've counted 5 of them. Apparently, they are not connected and update of one list leaves all others lists unchanged. It's a hassle to keep all lists current. Is there a way to consolidate all lists of contacts and use just one in all (or most) applications as it used to be in previous versions of Window with the Address Book? Or, at least, how to simplify the update process for all lists? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Hi, Ilya. This is not a 64-bit quest...