Switching to Native Mode

Is it required to restart any services or the server when you switch to
Native Mode in Exchange 2003?
0
SilverICE (243)

No it isn't.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"SilverICE" <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it required to restart any services or the server when you switch to
> Native Mode in Exchange 2003?

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)

VB script fails in Outlook 2003 cache mode
I am running Outlook 2003 in cache moed to an exchange server 2003. I am trying to resolve a problem accessing the SentOn property for MailItems residing in the Inbox (ost) folder. When the script runs in non cache mode it works as expected - when in cache mode it fails. Need some help in either a work around that will work regardless of the mode cache or non cache . Below is code snip of the: ------------------------------------------ Set oFolder = oApp.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder Item.UserProperties.Find("ItemsInInbox") = oFolder.Items.Count Item.UserProperties.Find("Fo...

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

Print Preview crashes in Release mode
In Debug mode, the Print Preview works find but in Release mode, the program crashes (unhandle exception) before OnPreparePrinting is called by the framework. The application is a MDI using a FormView. Does anybody have an idea what the heck is going on? John It can be due to a number of reasons. You might want to take Dr. Watson help. In many cases, it gives the call stack will tell you where exactly the crash occured. Click Start->Run. Type drwtsn32 to launch it. Select full crash dump and visual notification. Now try repeating your crash. Examine the log file which Dr. Watson creates...

Cached Mode disables addressing emails with First Last name format
In Outlook 2003 (just upgraded) using Cached Mode, I notice that I can no longer address emails with a simple, normal name (e.g., "john doe"), even though that name exists in the Global Address List. (Previous Outlook versions allowed this when synching to an offline folder was enabled.) Now when I attempt to address an email with the "FirstName LastName" format in the To box, I get a dialog stating that "Microsoft Office Outlook does not recognize "john doe" " . This only happens when Cached Mode is enabled. Am I faced with a choice here: I...

unload event and change to design mode
I have an unload event that prevents FormB from closing when FormA is open. The unload event runs when anyone tries to close FormB, but it also runs when I switch FormB to design mode. Is there any way that I can prevent the unload event from triggering when I switch from form view to design view? Thanks. Mary No. You can't prevent an event running. Perhaps you could add a line like this to the General Declarations section of a standard module: Public Const bDebugMode = True Then in the event you want to suppress: If Not bDebugMode Then Cancel = True End If ...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

Poster Size, Designing in landscape mode
Publisher will not let me design in landscape mode when I am trying to create a poster (24x36"). Has anyone figured a way to work around this? Does the default printer allow you to print something that size? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher "Sebastian" <Sebastian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2C25217-B6CD-44B1-8678-A43B608930B4@microsoft.com... > Publisher will not let me design in landscape mode when I am trying to > create > a poster (24x36"). Has anyone figured a way to work around this? What version Publisher? I...

Full vs Simple Recovery Mode
In general, is there any harm in making all databses Simple recovery other than losing ability to recover point-in-time? Do some products require that their databases are in Full mode for some internal maintenence proceses to work? I have about 30 production databases on a SQL Server 2005 Standard server. I'd like to switch all DBs to Simple Recovery model as I'm tired of managing tranlog growth and backups. The DBs vary in size from 10MB to 3GB. I don't necessarily need point-in-time recovery for any of them. I can manage user expectations that I can recover to ...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

Typing deletes text! How do I get back to INSERT mode.
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC There it is, folks. I type. The cursor stays in the same place, typing overtop each successive character. Could someone explain how to get back to INSERT mode? Many thanks! Unless you've assigned a keystroke to the Overtype command or added it to a toolbar it's controlled only through: Word> Preferences> Edit, clear the check on Overtype Mode. However, it's possible that you have activated something through OS X itself or have some 3rd party "helper" app triggering the behavior. HTH |:>)...

switching to windows 7
switching to windows 7, still need to have access to old e-mails. how can i access e-mails created in outlook express? Copy the ***ENTIRE*** OE message store to flash or CD. Do not copy individual dbx files. Put the copy of the message store on the Win7 Desktop. Open WLMail and File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express and point to where you saved them. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jessica" <jstech@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uOEamPygKHA.1112@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > switching to windows 7, ...

switching
I am considering switching to MAC I recently bought Office for my PC. Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double cost? thanks David In article <221401c49ca8$945b59b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "David Knopf" <knopfd@woh.rr.com> wrote: > I am considering switching to MAC > > I recently bought Office for my PC. > > Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program > from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double > cost? Unfortunately, there's no discount/switch ...

question re: re-enabling cached exchange mode
I've scanned this group for posts regarding cached exchange mode and OST files, but haven't found the information I need. I need to know the impact of re-enabling cached exchange mode and NOT removing any old OST files. Scenario: User works with Outlook (2003 or 2007) in cached exchange mode for a period of time. Then, for whatever reason, cached exchange mode is disabled. The OST file is NOT deleted or renamed. After some time (months maybe), cached exchange mode is turned back ON. The user's profile in Outlook has not changed, nor has there been any change on t...

switching from outlook express to outlook
I keep getting a mail delivery error, either saying "password required" or "the operation was cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties section of the account, to no avail. Of course, Express asks me for a password before kicking in. Any suggestions? "Barrie" <bhharry@telus.net> wrote in message news:05eb01c39539$a1626300$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I keep getting a mail delivery error, either > saying "password required" or "the operation was > cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties >...

start IE in protected mode
I have vbscript that starts IE with Set oIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application"). How do I do the same but in protected mode? Thank, LJB IE "Protected Mode" is only available and on by default in Vista and up because it is based on new security features in those OSs. "LJB" wrote: > I have vbscript that starts IE with Set oIE = > CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application"). How do I do the same but in > protected mode? > > Thank, > LJB > > > . > LikeToCode wrote: > IE &quo...

HELP. 2 Emails in 03' and need to switch them.... want new email M
Help! I have just added second email acct to 2003 + want new acct to appear so its connected to contacts,calendar,outbox... I'm unsure of how to explain it.... but I'll try. Note: I have already made this email account my default account. Currently, my view looks like this in "all mail folders" view under Mail in navigation pane: +Personal Folders Deleted items Drafts +Inbox ****(This is the inital email, and under OUTLOOK TODAY, THIS email account comes under inbox (seen under "messages" in Outlook Today.)**** Junk Email ...

User Switch
XP, Home Edition ,SP3 Hello! Somehow thru my own judgment error I have managed to become a Computer Administrator..Prior to today I would go directly to the desktop and begin using my PC..Now I find myself having to allow the computer to load my personal settings..I would like to go back to the default(?) I had but I have scoured the options to go back and I don't know how..I am anxious to go back to what I had..I have never shared my computer so I guess I am ignorant about switching users...Thanks so Much...Nick Run System Restore to a time before the problem began. ...

how could i capture the event when my computer switch display device?
laptop could redirect the display output to another device by pressing Fn + special key, how could i know this happened? i have searched msdn for sometime, hanvn't found any window message related. does anyone know ? "thinktwice" <memorialday@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ea3d8cfa-2c80-445f-899e-630ec0bd9239@a8g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > laptop could redirect the display output to another device by pressing > Fn + special key, how could i know this happened? i have searched msdn > for sometime, hanvn't found any window message related. does anyone > ...

Problems switching to new hardware
after removing active directory from the machine, I tried to activate it as a 2nd machine for the new Dell machine. No luck, it still could not locate the machine. After tinkering around I finally gave up and reinstalled the OS on the new machine from scratch. I recreated the user list and also installed the email server. We're up and running again. I only have one problem left. Our old domain was server1.xxx.org. The new domain I created was just xxx.org. So now anytime we try to access the external web site from our provider called xxx.org I don;t get it. I've tried to use the DNS ma...

Attachments only open in safe mode
One of the computers in our office can only open attachments in safe mode. Windows XP & Outlook 2007. It is a co-worker who says it's been like that for several weeks now. I did a search and learned that Google desktop has created this problem in Outlook 2003 but he does not have that software installed. We've run Office Diagnostics which shows no problems. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. what other addins are installed? Go to tools, trust center, addins to see. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange S...

Connecting Switches
Hi, I know this isn't strictly a SBS question but I'm hoping someone can answer me a simple (I hope) question. My SBS network has outgrown it's current office and we need to get a couple of PC's, telephones and a printer put in another office about 40 meters away. To get a bit of breathing space I want 10 data points in this new office (we will only need 5). My local voice / data installers are wanting to run 10 cat5e cables to this new office so will require around 500 meters of cabling and "x" amount of time for wages. I have a Dell PowerConnec...

"Switch To" another application
I want to pop a running application up to the top of the screen. Basically I want to simulate the functionality of the "Switch to" feature in Task Manager. Naturally, it will not work. First off, I obtain the process handle by using EnumProcesses(). Next, after realizing that this was an area of the API with lots of holes, I find I must jump through hoops in order to "Switch To" this application. Next, I call GetProcessID() on my process handle. Next, I call EnumThreadWindows which inconvienently uses a callback function to obtain the window handles of the windows of t...

error (0x8007000E) in Cached Exchange Mode
My exchange 2000 server (with latest SP) has been running well for almost three years. In the last few days I have had several users complain that they can't download their mail. Switching off Cached Exchange Mode seems to fix the problem, but it's a mess because they can't use the junk mail filter in non-cached mode. I have seen a number of recent posts regarding this problem in other forums. Does anyone have a clue as to what is causing this problem? It seems to have cropped up only in the last few weeks. Scott Graber SysAdmin Image Labs International scottgraber &quo...

Can't see Potential Customers in offline mode
When I go offline and use Outlook, then click on Opportunities to view them, I can't see the Potential Customer in the view for any account I don't personally own, even though they are shared out to me. Why is this happening? I am a CRM admin so I should have no restrictions. The only limit for me I guess is that I don't actually OWN the companies I can't see. Thanks. -- Client Solutions Manager Micro Strategies ...