switching mailbox to a different user.

is it possible to take a mailbox and attach it to another user?  I need to
create a user and take a mailbox that is attached to a different user and
somehow attach it to the new user I am creating.

0
Tyson (157)

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:14:04 -0800, "Tyson"
<Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>is it possible to take a mailbox and attach it to another user?  I need to
>create a user and take a mailbox that is attached to a different user and
>somehow attach it to the new user I am creating.

Yes. Make sure you have Deleted Mailbox Retention enabled on the store
for more than 0 days.
Delete the account and then create another account that is NOT mail
enabled.
In ESM right click in the right pane where you see the mailboxes and
select Run Cleanup Agent.
Then, right click on the mailbox in question and select "reconnect".
You will then browse to the new account.

0
mark7219 (5666)
11/3/2005 7:58:07 PM
Do I have to delet the user account?

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:14:04 -0800, "Tyson"
> <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >is it possible to take a mailbox and attach it to another user?  I need to
> >create a user and take a mailbox that is attached to a different user and
> >somehow attach it to the new user I am creating.
>
> Yes. Make sure you have Deleted Mailbox Retention enabled on the store
> for more than 0 days.
> Delete the account and then create another account that is NOT mail
> enabled.
> In ESM right click in the right pane where you see the mailboxes and
> select Run Cleanup Agent.
> Then, right click on the mailbox in question and select "reconnect".
> You will then browse to the new account.

0
Tyson (157)
11/3/2005 9:04:04 PM
Do I need to delete a user account to assign a mailbox to a different user?

"Tyson" wrote:

> Do I have to delet the user account?
>
> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:14:04 -0800, "Tyson"
> > <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >is it possible to take a mailbox and attach it to another user?  I need to
> > >create a user and take a mailbox that is attached to a different user and
> > >somehow attach it to the new user I am creating.
> >
> > Yes. Make sure you have Deleted Mailbox Retention enabled on the store
> > for more than 0 days.
> > Delete the account and then create another account that is NOT mail
> > enabled.
> > In ESM right click in the right pane where you see the mailboxes and
> > select Run Cleanup Agent.
> > Then, right click on the mailbox in question and select "reconnect".
> > You will then browse to the new account.

0
Tyson (157)

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

VBA Code to have User input data for cell
Afternoon Gurus!!! I have written the following code Rows("1:5").Select Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Company Name" With Selection.Font .Size = 16 End With Range("A3").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "TRIAL BALANCE FOR PERIOD ENDING:" Range("F3").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "4/30/2010" Rows("1:3").Select Selection.Font.Bold = True Range("F3").Select With Selection.Font ...

Possibility to analyze users
Is there a possibility in Microsoft CRM to analyze actions of a users for a week (for example). I found only reports that show me the list of users (I mean sales), but not what they did for this week. There is an Actity report that will show you the activities created. I don't think there is one that groups by users though. It would be easy to modify one of the supplied reports to display the information with a different grouping. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 03:39:03 -0700, Vitaly ...

Forcing Users to Color Print
Greetings, I have an excel colour document (red, white & grey) which I want users to print in colour ONLY. I use the grey font as a shadow font which users can write over in pen. The problem arises when they print it in black & white; even the faint grey font appears in black. How can I overcome this? Is there a way to prevent black and white printing of a document? Or can I possibly modify the doc such that it prints OK in colour but looks illegible in black and white? I'm prepared to use VBA or any method possible & I'm open to all suggestions! Thanks in advance, Hype...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

Email Duplication for single user only
I have having a problem with a single user that is receiving a duplicated email off another user everytime its sent. This is the only one it happens too but it's consistent every time.The sender is only sending to one email address no aliases no cc, bcc etc. This is happening on MS outlook 02, pop3 accounts. within the network. ...

Do not require Order Management users to have domain accounts
The current release of order management requires users to login it to the network domain to be able to place orders and see specific order information for their company. This is unacceptable and will require all my eOrder clients to search for another eCommerce store front. This requirement needs to be removed as quickly as possible. No IT manager is going to allow the creation of a domain account into their network just so a customer can order product. What were you thinking when this was designed!!!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to t...

script to count the number of mailboxes on all storage groups on a single mail server?
Gurus, Is there a script I can run which can count the number of mailboxes on all storage groups on a single mail server? i don't know about a script, but there are tools like csvde and ldifde that will allow you to create files with lots of fields that can be sorted on in Excel... "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message news:3sfmg8Fo2luoU1@individual.net... > Gurus, > > Is there a script I can run which can count the number of mailboxes on all > storage groups on a single mail server? > > ...

switching to windows 7
switching to windows 7, still need to have access to old e-mails. how can i access e-mails created in outlook express? Copy the ***ENTIRE*** OE message store to flash or CD. Do not copy individual dbx files. Put the copy of the message store on the Win7 Desktop. Open WLMail and File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express and point to where you saved them. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jessica" <jstech@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uOEamPygKHA.1112@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > switching to windows 7, ...

Unable to open mailboxes after nightly backup runs
Hi, I am using Veritas backup exec 9.0 with Exchange 2003. I just started backing up individual mailboxes and since have had the same problem every day after that nightly backup job runs. The following day that clients ie outlook, cannot open their mailboxes. Outlook hangs etc. Yet all services are running on exchange etc. I checked with the veritas checklist and everything is covered there. So I am wondering if anyone has seen this and what they did to fix it? ps- the mailboxes seem to backup correctly..... Confused, Mike Brick level backups are not recommended for Exchange....

Outlook 2002 shared mailbox
I use a shared mailbox at work for Outlook 2002. While it is possible to turn on the new mail notification for my main Inbox, I can not find a way to do this for the shared inbox. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated. See http://www.slovaktech.com/remindermanager.htm Peter Ramsay wrote: > I use a shared mailbox at work for Outlook 2002. While it > is possible to turn on the new mail notification for my > main Inbox, I can not find a way to do this for the shared > inbox. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be > appreciated. ...

Difference between CAsyncSocket and WinSock API
Hello, I have a server, which is written in antoher language. A C++ - program needs to communicat with that server. Therefore I used the WinSock API: (the source I present are only some snippets, without errorhandling etc.) WSAStartup(MAKEWORD(2,2), &wsa) ) // WS2_32.DLL sock = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM,IPPROTO_TCP) connect(sock,(sockaddr *) &serveraddr, sizeof(serveraddr) ) And then the functions send and recv for the communication. Well that works as it should be. But now I have a SPS where it is also possible to communicate via TCP/IP. This doesn't work Calling WSAStart...

Using iif() wtih different data types
Hi, I have 2 tables and I'm trying to run a query that runs iff() statements by comparing columns from each table and returning True or False if they are the same. e.g. Using tables Person and User - compare_Name:iif([Person].[F_Name]= [User].[Name],TRUE, FALSE) The problem I am having is that [Person].[F_Name] is a text field and [User].[Name] is a memo field. My question is can I use type casting to help me compare the fields, and if so how? Thankx Mimo Try the CStr function or the Left function: compare_Name:iif([Person].[F_Name]= CStr([User].[Name]),TRUE, FALSE) or com...

Attachments not working for some users
Hello, Has anyone come across this? We have 2 users in the system who are both system administrators, both in the same business unit. One person can add attachments to CRM e-mails and the other user cannot (they get an http 500 internal server error). Any ideas why this would be occuring? jolee ...

switching
I am considering switching to MAC I recently bought Office for my PC. Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double cost? thanks David In article <221401c49ca8$945b59b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "David Knopf" <knopfd@woh.rr.com> wrote: > I am considering switching to MAC > > I recently bought Office for my PC. > > Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program > from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double > cost? Unfortunately, there's no discount/switch ...

Outlook 2003 vs 2007
I have an Excel macro that retrieves calendar items for a user. It works fine for "normal" events for both the 2003 and 2007 versions of Outlook. But for recurring events it only works for the 2007 version. The macro doesn't see other than the first day for recurring events for someone that uses the 2003 version of Output. If you set up a recurring event for Monday through Friday at 8am for someone using Outlook 2007 my macro sees 5 separate events (one for each day at 8am) just like you would expect. If you setup the same type of event for someone that uses Outlook 2...

opening additional mailboxes
I am wondering if there is a way to remotely add an additional mailbox to a users configuration. Meaning a way that doesn't require me to open up their mailbox on their machine and add it. Evidently this information is stored locally and not within the exchange server. Thanks that is a client-side function only... "mikea" <mikea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDF53CB6-256C-421C-A3A8-BB0784D13139@microsoft.com... > I am wondering if there is a way to remotely add an additional mailbox to a > users configuration. Meaning a way that doesn't...

Access common mailboxes
Hi we have an old common folder that all users can add to their own mailbox when added the user can read mails i the common inbox. i have now created a new common mailbox that all users should be able to open and read from their own mailbox, but they are getting following message: Unanble to display the folder: Cannot display the folder Microsoft office Outlook cannot access the specified folder location. From Exchange i cant se the diffences in tha common mailbox that works and the new common folder whon doesent work. -- Torben Nielsen Which method of assigning permis...

Mailbox size limits in 2003
I know I'm kind of asking the same question again, but I need to know if there is a Microsoft recommended mailbox size. I could swear I read somewhere that MS recommends a mailbox size of 250MB, but I can't find it. Surely MS has some opinion on this issue. I read the blog entry on mailbox sizes, but that is a very weak argument. I need something that says this is the recommended mailbox size because ..... I'm getting ready to migrate from 2000 to 2003 and I have users with mailboxes over 5GB. I'm worried that there will be problems during the migration (I'm installi...

An ambiguous SMTP proxy SystemMailbox was found on 0x2 mailboxes
We seem to be receiving the below error in our Exchange 2003 mailserver's application log quite often. After following the instructions detailed in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=286792 ; they still seem to be occuring. (I simply renamed the problem smtp email address to SYSTEMMAILBOX2@MYDOMAIN.COM Any ideas? Type: Error Source: MSExchangeIS Event ID: 9549 Event Time: 7/18/2005 9:40:00 PM User: n/a Computer: MAILSERVER Description: An ambiguous SMTP proxy SystemMailbox{D671C147-B26E-4FA6-96DB-E4A98704E649} was found on 0x2 mailboxes in the DS. The store cannot map this SMTP pr...

Counting occurances of same data in different fields
I am creating a conference registration program that allows registrants to select up to three events to participate in. Is there an easy way to count the total number of registations for each event that occurs in the three selection fields? On Mar 16, 2:54 pm, Fred Morris <FredMor...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> I am creating a conference registration program that allows registrants to> select up to three events to participate in. Is there an easy way to count> the total number of registations for each event that occurs in the three> selection fields?I gather you hav...

switching from outlook express to outlook
I keep getting a mail delivery error, either saying "password required" or "the operation was cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties section of the account, to no avail. Of course, Express asks me for a password before kicking in. Any suggestions? "Barrie" <bhharry@telus.net> wrote in message news:05eb01c39539$a1626300$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I keep getting a mail delivery error, either > saying "password required" or "the operation was > cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties >...

HELP. 2 Emails in 03' and need to switch them.... want new email M
Help! I have just added second email acct to 2003 + want new acct to appear so its connected to contacts,calendar,outbox... I'm unsure of how to explain it.... but I'll try. Note: I have already made this email account my default account. Currently, my view looks like this in "all mail folders" view under Mail in navigation pane: +Personal Folders Deleted items Drafts +Inbox ****(This is the inital email, and under OUTLOOK TODAY, THIS email account comes under inbox (seen under "messages" in Outlook Today.)**** Junk Email ...