Switching 5.5 service account

Our one Exchange 5.5 SP4 box is using the domain admin account as its
service account.  I created a new user account and gave it domain admin
rights and then pointed the six Exchange services to that new account and
password and rebooted.  When the box came back up, only the MS Directory
Service was running.  The others wouldn't start.  I then switched back to
the admin account, rebooted and all was well???
What am I forgetting here?

Thanks,
Mark

0
mark6426 (23)

Read this:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/support/changing.mspx

--
Martin Blackstone
MVP - Exchange

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm
"Mark N." <mark@deathtospam.net> wrote in message
> Our one Exchange 5.5 SP4 box is using the domain admin account as its
> service account.  I created a new user account and gave it domain admin
> rights and then pointed the six Exchange services to that new account and
> password and rebooted.  When the box came back up, only the MS Directory
> Service was running.  The others wouldn't start.  I then switched back to
> the admin account, rebooted and all was well???
> What am I forgetting here?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

0
martinb (199)
8/16/2004 5:44:28 PM
> Read this:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/support/changing.mspx

> --
> Martin Blackstone
> MVP - Exchange
>
> http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

Perfect!!  Thanks!
Mark

0
mark6426 (23)

Consuming Axis 1.2 Service with .net vb client
Hi, I have a problem consuming a webservice using a .net client written in vb. I used a wsdl to generate the proxy class and it worked like a charm. Sending requests to the service is not a problem. Even complex custom types are received and processed by the service. When it comes to receive the response from the service, complex types produce an error like: Error in xml document (1,130), which occurs in System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events) bei System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize...

Welcome page User Accounts e-mail notification
On our Welcome page, under our User Accounts, there is notification of how many programs are running in each account and how many unread e-mails are in each account. The problem is, some e-mail accounts are linked to the wrong User Accounts. Can anyone point me to how to sort these out. Thanks. Compliments of Kelly: Use TweakUI/Logon/Unread Mail and Repair/Unread Mail Count http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp Disable Unread Mail on the Welcome Screen (Line 100) http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm To remove an account or to change the coun...

Problem after migrating from Exhange 5.5 to 2003 !!!!!!
we have successfully migrated from EX 5.5 to Ex 2003, but have encoutered a small issue, some users that get migrated accross to the new server cannot delete emails using outlook 2002 Sp1.. the Deleted items Icon is not shown as a recycle bin icon but comes up as a normal folder... you cannot move anything into this folder nor can you right click and empty the folder.... any ideas? the weirdest thing of it is i we moved 2 users and one was ok the other had the above problem. both moved at the same time to the same server all help is greatly appreciteded Have you tried running outlo...

exchange 5.5 locked calendar resourse
Hello everyone, I have an exchange 5.5 server which we use to schedule our resource usage. We have never had any issues until recently - we have one specific resource which will not allow it to be booked past a specific date. If I grant "everyone" full admin rights to this mailbox, I (using my admin acct) can succesfully schedule an event past the aformentioned date however, a user who is not in the local admin group cannot schedule the resource, regardless of th emailbox permissions. Any ideas/suggestions out there? thanks! How many months are published for Free/Busy inf...

Moving mailboxes between Exchange 5.5 Servers
We have two exchange 5.5 servers (server A and server B) under two diferent sites (site A and site B), but both under the same group, and we want to move all mailboxes of server A to server B. To do this, we have use the "Exmerge" without problems, but when an older message is reply to a any mailbox already merged, there is an error that don't reach that mailbox and then, we have to type again the same mailbox in the "to" or "cc" fields. What we have to do to solve this problem? Thanks, Bruno Jundia� - SP Brazil It sounds like you lost the original X4...

4.5.3 Error: too many recipients

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

Copy & Paste #5
In XL 2002 when I copy a cell or range and paste it I expect the program to hold that range and allow me to "paste" it as many times as I want until I cut or copy a different cell or range. I am only allowed to paste once per cut or copy. What gives? Thanks for any enlightenment. Hello there, Just a stab in the dark - but are you pasting by pressing Enter? If you are it will only paste once. Paste using the icon, right clicking or Ctrl + V Hope this helps Judith >-----Original Message----- >In XL 2002 when I copy a cell or range and paste it I expect the program to ...

xsd question #5
I am doing a bulk load and an element name in the xsd and xml is named differently in the database. I can NOT change the database field or xml. Can I do anything with ehw XSD? The field name in the db is "CaseType" <xs:schema xmlns="" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:mapping-schema"> <xs:element name="Cases" sql:relation="PUCCASES"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="NbrOfCases" type="xs:decimal"/> <xs:ele...

Reporting Service for Ms.CRM
Yesterday I download Report Pack for Microsoft CRM (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=619eef04-ddda-4811 -a8e9-a7147a446624&displaylang=en). In this program, we should have sample of reports that use reporting service for MsCRM. I already install all pre-requirements, but when I install this program, I got error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" Anybody have experience with this?. Regards, Frans Hi Frans Myself and others are seeing this error also, no answers yet! Dan "Frans" wrote: > Yesterday I download Report ...

Payments not updating Customers Account
Hi All, I made number of account payments at POS. Some have arrived on customers account and others have not. I can see the journal entries for the transaction but the account shows no payment made. Any suggestions. Deck Hi Deck I have the same problem, although I can only see that it is affecting one account at the moment but two payments? I haven't had a resolve yet, If you get one will you let me know? -- Jenny "Deck" wrote: > Hi All, > > I made number of account payments at POS. Some have arrived on customers > account and others have not. I can se...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

opening multiple files #5
If I try opening more than one file in Excel 2003 from startup, only one file is displayed and only one task bar button is shown. The other files cannot be accessed although closing the displayed file allows them to be displayed. Ctrl+F6 does not work. Opening subsequent files works as it should with files being accessible and toolbar buttons displayed. Anyone tried this and is there a solution? ...

Integration of Outlook with Vonage VOIP services
VonageLog is the essential call management utility for Vonage subscribers. It downloads details of all telephone calls made and received on your Vonage line, and records them in your Outlook Journal, or directly to a CSV file for importing into Excel or third-party software. Essential for people who need to log their telephone calls and usage, VonageLog makes a tedious job as easy as a single mouse click. Download and try it out for FREE! http://www.hollsco.com/Products/VonageLog/ VonageDial is an easy-to-use application that allows you to dial automatically from your Vonage (US) VOIP teleph...

Mailbox Manager for 5.5
I am trying to use the Mailbox Manager to clean the mailboxes in my organization. It works the very first time after installation, but then either through manually starting the clean or using the scheduled scan method, it doesn't work. It runs, but it says that it processed 0 mailboxes. After uninstall and re-install of Mailbox Manager, it works again the first time, but then doesn't work again. I'm using Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 and have installed the MM from SP4 CD. Make sure you don't have Outlook on the server. It has been known that running Outlook (o...

Exchange Server 5.5 to Exchange 2003
I need to upgrade my Exchange Server 5.5 to Exchange 2003. How can I migrate all mail box detail under a secure method ? I want to use outlook personnal folder to contain all the email first so that I can backup all the message. After upgrade, can I import those message from personal folder back into the Exchange 2003 server ? or any other suggestion to handle ? Personally I'd install a new E2k3 server into the same organisation and move the mailboxes across using the standard move-mailbox method in ADUC or ESM; much more secure than using PST files. Also, consider that using PSTs b...

Omniform 5 Help
I'm exporting data from omniform 5 to excel. I can get it to work fine except that it also imports a comma at the begining of all the data it imports. I've tried to format the whole column to a date, number, currency etc. but it didn't take the comma away. Any suggestions? -- siriusone ------------------------------------------------------------------------ siriusone's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27921 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=474180 siriusone Wrote: > I'm exporting data from o...

Account and Contacts both in a Phone Call
In my scenario I have to track down both Contact and account for a phone call. That means whenever I make a phone call, I want to Track down To which contact the call was made and for which account. In my scenario one contact is related with many employers. Also its observed that relationships cannot be set for Phone Call and because of this even if i create a custom entity it does not solve my problem. Any help plz... A phone call can have multiple recipients and/or senders. And it is allowed to select accounts, contact, users and leads or a combination. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead ...

Do not require Order Management users to have domain accounts
The current release of order management requires users to login it to the network domain to be able to place orders and see specific order information for their company. This is unacceptable and will require all my eOrder clients to search for another eCommerce store front. This requirement needs to be removed as quickly as possible. No IT manager is going to allow the creation of a domain account into their network just so a customer can order product. What were you thinking when this was designed!!!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to t...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

switching to windows 7
switching to windows 7, still need to have access to old e-mails. how can i access e-mails created in outlook express? Copy the ***ENTIRE*** OE message store to flash or CD. Do not copy individual dbx files. Put the copy of the message store on the Win7 Desktop. Open WLMail and File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express and point to where you saved them. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jessica" <jstech@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uOEamPygKHA.1112@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > switching to windows 7, ...

Exchange 5.5 resolving external SMTP addresses
I have created a custom recipient in my Exchange server, and it contains several external email addresses (I use this recipient for spam whitelisting...I update the custom recipient instead of the rule). The problem that is occurring is that when sending an email out, using one of the email addresses in the email address list causes Exchange to resolve the address to the custom recipient. What happens when emailing out through SQLMail is it ends up emailing the Default Reply address instead of the one I want! For example, I set up a custom recipient called "More Chocolate", and ma...

switching
I am considering switching to MAC I recently bought Office for my PC. Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double cost? thanks David In article <221401c49ca8$945b59b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "David Knopf" <knopfd@woh.rr.com> wrote: > I am considering switching to MAC > > I recently bought Office for my PC. > > Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program > from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double > cost? Unfortunately, there's no discount/switch ...

Error MEssage #5
Problems opening up excel ss in email - (use Lotus Notes - have Excel 2007). Every time I "try" to open a ss from email - it goes into a download folder and you have to do an annoying series of steps to get it to open- most of the time the spreadsheet is blank and I get this error message: ..."xls could not be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences." Please help! ...