Supporting double-byte characters in Exchange 2003 SP2

How do I confirm that our new Exchange 2003 SP2 server will support all
double-byte character languages (i.e. Japanese, Chinese, etc.)?

We are going to be doing a lot of communicating with East Asian companies
and I want to be sure that our Exchange 2003 SP2 Server won't "break" emails
that arrive using non-Western character sets in them.

Thanks.

Outlook XP support for MS Mail?
Hi, I am using Outlook 2000 (which I bought as part of Office 2000). I use it in corporate/workgroup mode because I use Microsoft Mail for intra-office email. I use this because not all of the PC's on my LAN have an internet connection. I would like to upgrade to Office XP, but I am afraid that the newer version of Outlook will not support MS Mail. Can anyone tell me if this is true. If so, is there an alternative? Thank you, Paul Yep you can, although unsupported by Microsoft; http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/msmail_xp.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outl...

Exchange
Hi guys, I guess this is a part question part tip post. I've just added a 2003 DC to my 2000 environment running 2003 Exchange. I'm planning to decomission the DCs running 2000 Server and make the domain running at 2003 functional level. Do I need to change anything to my Exchange 20003? Does the following article apply to my situation? This is a good question to apply to all those MCSAs out there. Found this neat trick on USENET while working in a lab environment, where some DC's were yanked out of the AD after installing Exchange 2003. Use this procedure with caution. ...

Calculating Software Maintenance and Support Renewals
We are a software company that sells annual maintenance and support contracts. These contracts are typically purchased in years, however they can also be purchased in month increments - Does anyone know if this system can automate this so the reps don't have to figure out fractions. ...

Exchange Rights Issue
Somehow my brand new installation of Exchange 2003 has misstated AD rights, when I launch Exchange System Manager I get a window "Exchange System Manager; Facility win32; ID NO: c0070005 ; Exchange System Manager". It will not open. I get a similar error when opening AD Users and Computers MMC snapin. I am logged in as "administrator" on the domain and it appears to have proper rights. Is there some way to fix this??? Brian Hatchell bhatchell@netsolutionsinc.com Does this apply? 323915 XADM: "c0070005" Error Message If You Try to Access a Tab in Exch...

Office Clipboard in Office XP and Office 2003
Hi, How do I turn this off permanently? If I click on Options when it appears and select 'Don't show Office Clipboard automatically', it only gets rid off it until I restart Excel at which time I have to do it again. I'd like to turn it off permanently. Any help would be appreciated. George Hi George In Excel 2002 the option is; "Show show Office Clipboard automatically'' not "Dont show Office Clipboard automatically" ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http...

Stuck with Exchange 2007
My client insists that I role out Exchange 2007 by the end of April. I would have to say Exchange 2007 is the most half assed attempt MS has ever made of releasing a product. It is at best in beta stage as far as I can see. I've read that all the stuff that 2003 did should be released by SP1 but that is a long ways off. I don't know any of the esoteric EMS script commandlets sniglets which are completely required to administer an Exchange 2007 server. I realize with SP1 that all that should be back in the EMC like it was in 2000, 2003 but my client won't wait. Ca...

Outlook won't connect to Exchange
I have this Windows 2000 machine whith Outlook 2002 installed. When I try to add an Exchange 2000 account, it comes out "Outlook could not log you on. Check to make sure you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name". All of that stuff is Correct. Server is correct, mailbox is correct, etc. Then if I click ok, or force it, it comes out "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable". I hace checked RPC's Registry entries and version and they are OK. What could be causing this thing? Please help... Thanks Daurys Please che...

Support for India
Is there a Microsoft Money 2005 version for India? Thanks, Not a specific one, no. The international one would be the closest one, as that is the most generic. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "gurmeet" <gurmeet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE57EB02-2D2D-4342-8F0B-4CA26318D0DA@microsoft.com... > Is there a Microsoft Money 2...

Exchange Server 2003 backup system
Hello Can anyone please advise on the best way to setup and maintain a "Backup Exchange server", should my primary exchange server go down. I am aware of ability to replicate data in SQL server. does exchange have the same sort of facilities. Many thanks any help greatly appreciated Are you looking for redundancy (as in a 24x7 shop) or are you looking for disaster recovery? If you're looking for redundancy, raid 5 on a single server would be okay. You could also cluster using a shared disk in a clustered setup with Exchange for the ultimate in redundancy. The prefer...

mail merge problem: supported version of word is not installed...
when trying sending an email via mail merge, i'm getting the following error message: a supported version of microsoft word is not installed or the version cannot be obtained. outlook & word versions are: 2003 SP3. update rollup 2 server+client are installed. Any suggestions? ...

Excluding Alpha character in text field by filtering.
I have a query based on a table./ I have one numeric field that has alphanumber entries: A2000-000; 101010010,A2004, etc.. I what the filter to exclude all records that have an apph beginning - ie. in eg. above exclude: A2000-000,A2004. How do I do this? Your assistance is greatly appreciated. You could use WHERE Left$(AlphanumericField, 1) NOT BETWEEN "A" AND "Z" or WHERE Val(AlphanumeriField) <> 0 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Grace" <fhsmith7@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news...

Outlook 2003 e-mail folders no longer exist after synching with ho
In the last three weeks I was forced by Microsoft to download the Outlook Connector. This worked for a small amount of time untill I noticed I was receiving "Blank e-mails" When I checked e-mail in the browser, all of the e-mail was still there. I have linked to hotmail e-mail accounts. This shouldn't have any impact with Outlook 2003. Today, 18 February 2010, I hit send/receive in Outlook 2003 and let it synch up with the hotmail account. To my dismay when I checked my inbox this evening, I found that the default inbox had been changed to the hotmail inbox. I...

twain support in publisher 2003
Can someone tell me if publisher 2003 supports twain for cameras and scanners. I am currently using publisher 2002 and this does not have twain support. This was available in earlier versions of publisher. I have no need to upgrade if this support is not included. There is a hotfix for the TWAIN issue for Office 2002. Description of the Office XP post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package for MSO.DLL: May 9, 2004 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829349 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "R. C. Kelle...

DC + GC + Exchange 5.5 sp4
there are a few topics about this "problem" But for my understanding: We have two W2K sp4 DC's in a single domain. One is Primary the other just DC. Both are GC's. Last night I updated DC one, had a reboot and some users who logged in again were unable to open Outlook. I thought the other DC (not the Primary) should take over cos'they were able to login? Or does it take more then 15 minutes for exchange to switch? Is there a way to give exchange 5.5 sp4 a failover to the other DC if one fails? Or should this be done in DNS? Is the Exchange server installed on one o...

Please verify Exchange 2003 Move
Background: ------------- - Server 1 - DC / Exchange 2003 (All Windows 2003/Exch 2003 Native) - Server 2 - Member Server - MX record at ISP, points to our internal mail server (Server 2) - We do not use Public Folders Goal: ----- Move Exchange 2003 and all mailboxes to Server 2 Plan: ----- (1) Install a second Exchange 2003 on Server 2 (2) Move all mailboxes to Server 2 with new Exchange install (3) Wait to all users Outlook 2003 profiles / settings have been recognized for Server 2 (4) Ask ISP to move MX record to point to Server 2 (5) Remove Exchange 2003 from Server 1 Questions (# ...

Screen Jumps when trying to Double click/ Edit cells or Page Breaks
I am running Excel 11.1 on a Powerbokk G4 In Page Break View I have a Table that is about 400 or so rows, I am continually adding and deleting rows. When i Double click, copy, paste, insert or delete any cells or rows or try to move a pagebreak the screen jumps/scrolls up like 50 rows... I tried to copy the table into another worksheet and it works for a little while but eventually the problem comes back. Any ideas on why this happens? Thanks Brad ...

Smtp not resolving to exchange address
Messages coming from external e-mail senders are not converting the smtp address to an exchange server address format for using serve rules (where my name is in the to box). I found an article describing the problem -218269- but I can not seem to locate where I tell exchange to force it. ...

Auto Completion in TO CC BCC fields Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2000 you were able to type partial names and Outlook would resolve this to the full name in the GAL. Example: "Jo Smi" or "Smi Jo" would resolve to "Smith, John" in the GAL once you hit the tab key to move out of the "TO:" field. This was an AMAZING feater as our companies GAL has 25,000 names and this ment that you didn't have to know how to spell the persons entire name to find them and it was also a big time save if you had to sent to multiple people. This feater seems to have been removed or disabled in Outlook 2003. I've tried ...

Exchange as a store and forward relay
All, I realise exchange 2003 SP2 isnt the best product for this, however since its already installed and running, i'd like to use it as a store and forward secondary relay for my smaller clients.... Anyhoo - after setting up the connector etc, it works, but it only seems to try to immediately forward and fail if if the original server is not available..... any tips on how to get it to truly store - and then forward? Preferably configurable by the SMTP VS retention times.. Thanks I think you'll have to look into using an SMTP connector. It gives you some control over when mai...

append byte values how ??

Macro Help Please excel 2003
I need a button so that when pressed it exports the data from the cell range sheet 1: A21:S81, it also exports the info from the same range A21:S81 on sheet 2 to an external excel workbook. I need it to export all the data onto sheet 1 of the external workbook, and each time the button is pressed it needs to find the first available row of the external workbook and copy over, this is so that all data is always saved on a massive long list. Thanks Neil. let us stick on to the original post. I have posted a response for your latest request. -- Jacob "Neil H...

Outlook 2007 can't open pst file that works fine in 2003
I recently upgraded from 2003 to 2007, and initially it worked fine. Then suddenly it refused to launch. It turned out not to like my pst file. It said I should repair it with Scanpst, which I did. I ran it till scanpst could find no errors, but it still would work. It has now done this a second time. This time I tried opening the file in Outlook 2003, and it works fine. Is 2007 flawed or jsut more sensitive than 2003? How can I fix the file to 2007's satisfaction? Many thanks rdc Need more information. When you "upgraded," how did you migrate your data file...

Importing Data That Contains super- and sub-script characters
In wanting to build a "glossary" type of database I realize the problem of entering phrases that contain subscript and/or superscript characters. Yuck! How is this handled by the pro's? Thanks, -- tbl Hi tbl, RTF - rich text format - is a way of encoding formatting text in a string. You'll need to use rich text controls on your forms, and probably store the rich text in memo field. There are many rich text controls around, not all of which work reliably on Access forms. Those that do include Stephen Lebans's (free download from http://www.lebans.com/richtext.htm) a...

OT...RAW image support for Windows XP...OT
Microsoft RAW Image Thumbnailer and Viewer for Windows XP http://tinyurl.com/c2vf8 Whitepaper: Viewing and Organizing RAW Images in Windows XP http://tinyurl.com/cwpq5 -- John Inzer John, I read in the Serif forum today that the latest version of PhotoPlus can now convert RAW images. I presume it will also run under Win 98. Mike John Inzer wrote: > Microsoft RAW Image Thumbnailer > and Viewer for Windows XP > http://tinyurl.com/c2vf8 > > Whitepaper: Viewing and Organizing > RAW Images in Windows XP > http://tinyurl.com/cwpq5 > Thanks for the info. And acco...

Support? What Support?
I sent in a ticket two days ago and got no response out of anybody from Microsoft. My company pays dearly for software assurance. I don't have two days to wait for assistance or even for a response from Microsoft in order to get an issue resolved. I have had a sales department that has been screaming at me for two days to get a problem fixed. All I have gotten was lip service from the dispatcher that we will have a technician call you. Very poor customer service! My management has stated their discontentment with CRM and the number of problems this application has caused. ...