Stuck emails

I have a email that has become lodged in different user's email boxes. When
they open their emails this particular one always shows as a new email but
when opened only shows a page can not be displayed screen. Also when I
attempt to delete it an error pops up saying "some items can't be deleted
either because they were moved, already deleted, or access was denied. How do
I delete this email?
0
Wood1 (18)

have you tried a "shift delete"?  have you tried deleting it in OWA?  are
these users running Outlook in cached mode?
"Matt Wood" <Matt Wood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a email that has become lodged in different user's email boxes.
When
> they open their emails this particular one always shows as a new email but
> when opened only shows a page can not be displayed screen. Also when I
> attempt to delete it an error pops up saying "some items can't be deleted
> either because they were moved, already deleted, or access was denied. How
do
> I delete this email?

0
sconkey (3059)
7/6/2005 8:40:48 PM
Try disabling any anti-virus software running on your Exchange Server
scaning emails

cheers,

Alexander Zammit
Software Development Consultant
Check out, ExchangeInbox.com the MS Exchange Resource site at
http://www.exchangeinbox.com/

"Matt Wood" <Matt Wood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a email that has become lodged in different user's email boxes. When
> they open their emails this particular one always shows as a new email but
> when opened only shows a page can not be displayed screen. Also when I
> attempt to delete it an error pops up saying "some items can't be deleted
> either because they were moved, already deleted, or access was denied. How
> do
> I delete this email?

0
alex6014 (110)
7/6/2005 9:14:51 PM
I've had 4 emails stuck in one public folder for over 2 years! They display
correctly, and can even be copied. But cannot be moved or deleted (same
message as above user), using hard or soft deletes. Databases do not show
any inconsistency.

Jo

"Alex Zammit" <alex@blockspamwindeveloper.com> wrote in message
> Try disabling any anti-virus software running on your Exchange Server
> scaning emails
>
> cheers,
>
> Alexander Zammit
> Software Development Consultant
> Check out, ExchangeInbox.com the MS Exchange Resource site at
> http://www.exchangeinbox.com/
>

> "Matt Wood" <Matt Wood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a email that has become lodged in different user's email boxes.
When
> > they open their emails this particular one always shows as a new email
but
> > when opened only shows a page can not be displayed screen. Also when I
> > attempt to delete it an error pops up saying "some items can't be
deleted
> > either because they were moved, already deleted, or access was denied.
How
> > do
> > I delete this email?

0
gsc (33)
7/7/2005 1:41:59 AM
Add me to the list.  Same problem with the same error message.  This can't be
normal.
I have three administratrors with the same email form the same person.
Cannot delete or move.

any help appreciated.

"Matt Wood" wrote:

> I have a email that has become lodged in different user's email boxes. When
> they open their emails this particular one always shows as a new email but
> when opened only shows a page can not be displayed screen. Also when I
> attempt to delete it an error pops up saying "some items can't be deleted
> either because they were moved, already deleted, or access was denied. How do
> I delete this email?
0
Brian8214 (439)
7/28/2005 1:04:03 PM
Wala,  the left shift key while deleting worked.

Thanks,

"Brian" wrote:

> Add me to the list.  Same problem with the same error message.  This can't be
> normal.
> I have three administratrors with the same email form the same person.
> Cannot delete or move.
>
> any help appreciated.
>

> "Matt Wood" wrote:
>
> > I have a email that has become lodged in different user's email boxes. When
> > they open their emails this particular one always shows as a new email but
> > when opened only shows a page can not be displayed screen. Also when I
> > attempt to delete it an error pops up saying "some items can't be deleted
> > either because they were moved, already deleted, or access was denied. How do
> > I delete this email?
0
Brian8214 (439)
7/28/2005 1:09:06 PM
Hi,

I had a similar problem and was causing Backup Exec to fail. I tried to
remove the offending message with Exmerge and it wouldn't move. But then
tried with MDBVU32 and killed it in a sec. You may want to try it:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3D1C7482-4C6E-4EC5-983E-127100D71376&displaylang=en

alongside the executable there is a doc file with explanations and examples
on how to delete corrupt emails, etc.

Hope this helps

JM

"Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Add me to the list.  Same problem with the same error message.  This can't
> be
> normal.
> I have three administratrors with the same email form the same person.
> Cannot delete or move.
>
> any help appreciated.
>

> "Matt Wood" wrote:
>
>> I have a email that has become lodged in different user's email boxes.
>> When
>> they open their emails this particular one always shows as a new email
>> but
>> when opened only shows a page can not be displayed screen. Also when I
>> attempt to delete it an error pops up saying "some items can't be deleted
>> either because they were moved, already deleted, or access was denied.
>> How do
>> I delete this email?

0
jlabenski (10)
7/28/2005 1:57:25 PM
Susan had it.  Left shift+Delete.  Go figure.  Thanks,

"Brian" wrote:

> Add me to the list.  Same problem with the same error message.  This can't be
> normal.
> I have three administratrors with the same email form the same person.
> Cannot delete or move.
>
> any help appreciated.
>

> "Matt Wood" wrote:
>
> > I have a email that has become lodged in different user's email boxes. When
> > they open their emails this particular one always shows as a new email but
> > when opened only shows a page can not be displayed screen. Also when I
> > attempt to delete it an error pops up saying "some items can't be deleted
> > either because they were moved, already deleted, or access was denied. How do
> > I delete this email?
0
Brian8214 (439)
8/3/2005 6:06:10 PM
The reason why Delete fails, and Shift-Delete works is typically because
Delete is effectively a "move to Deleted Items folder" whereas a
Shift-Delete is a TRUE delete.

As I said earlier this is typical of problems caused by store AV scanners.

> Susan had it.  Left shift+Delete.  Go figure.  Thanks,
>

> "Brian" wrote:
>
>> Add me to the list.  Same problem with the same error message.  This
>> can't be
>> normal.
>> I have three administratrors with the same email form the same person.
>> Cannot delete or move.
>>
>> any help appreciated.
>>

>> "Matt Wood" wrote:
>>
>> > I have a email that has become lodged in different user's email boxes.
>> > When
>> > they open their emails this particular one always shows as a new email
>> > but
>> > when opened only shows a page can not be displayed screen. Also when I
>> > attempt to delete it an error pops up saying "some items can't be
>> > deleted
>> > either because they were moved, already deleted, or access was denied.
>> > How do
>> > I delete this email?

0
alex6014 (110)

Sorting email addresses
I have a large spreasheet in which one colum os email addresses. How can I sort on only the characters after the @ symbol so for instance all the email addresses @hotmail.com are grouped together, all those @gmail.com are grouped together etc? novus On 4 f=E9v, 07:44, "novus" <black...@alphalink.com.au> wrote: > I have a large spreasheet in which one colum os email addresses. How can I > sort on only the characters after the @ symbol so for instance all the em= ail > addresses @hotmail.com are grouped together, all those @gmail.com are > grouped together e...

time stamp on email
Hello All. We have a new crm 4.0 deployment. Everything is working fine. We have one email queue working for sending and receiving email. Incomming mail is through the forward mailbox and goes out the router and then through exchange 2003. That all works. The issue is that when we reply to an email the time stamp on the original email is 4 hours earlier than it was. I've check the time setting in personalize work space and its set correctly. My crm servers as well as mail servers are set correctly. Is there somewhere else where time is set? Thanks. Robert I face the same i...

Outlook 2000 using DL in a filter to forward emails
I am trying to detect if an email is from a member of a DL, and if so then forward the email to another address. I get the following error when I use the DL in the filter (people or distribution list): 'Recruiters' is a personal distribution list that may not be used with this feature. Would you like to use the individual members of 'Recruiters' instead? Whether I click OK or Cancel the members of 'Recruiters' are not copied in. Using Outlook in non-corporate mode. Paul ...

Assign HTML Template to Specific Email Account in Outlook
Outlook XP. I am looking to assign an HTML Template to all the emails I reply/write within a specific email account. I figured out how to assign a template to ALL my emails, but, not to one specific account only, and not the rest. Can someone show me how to do this? Thanks D You can't. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, D asked: | Outlook XP. | | I am looking to assign...

Email from Excel Function
Set oOMail = oOApp.CreateItem(olMailItem) With oOMail .Display .Body = eBody .To = eTo .CC = ecc .Attachments.Add eAttach, olByValue, 1 .Subject = eSubject .Send End With How do I add my signature? Thanks Hi Crazyhorse See http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/signature.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Crazyhorse" <Crazyhors...

Extract email addresses from "to field" outlook 2003
Hello All, I would like to save a bunch of email addresses in the "To" field of an email I have received via Outlook 2003 in a corporate environment (Exchange Server I guess). I can only save to my contacts folder one at a time; otherwise, only the names are saved without the underlying email addresses. Any suggestions please? Thanks! Arbel ...

Failure to email from Micriosoft Photo Viewer
When i try to email from microsoft picture viewer it opens the attach file and size alternates it doesn't open Outlook in a new message, Outlook is running after I attach because I can see it in the task manager under processes but not somehow not available. If I open Outlook first it works OK. Outlook is set as my default(obviously as it opens in task manager) Can you help? same thing happens if i try directly from my Pictures Library using "Send To" Do you mean the new msg window doesnt open? (Not outlook itself) "marvingee" <marvingee@discussions.m...

How to unerase erased email messages?
I was setting up my dell axim to access my exchange box via pop3 and it downloaded my entire inbox. So I deleted all 1000 messages on my axim because its limited on space. I come into work today and my inbox is empty. How do I get my messages back or am I screwed You are probably going to have to restore from backup. Bob "David Lewis" <*@*.*> wrote in message news:dd64q0lthnkgg8jmplad4u8sdo0100ujru@4ax.com... > I was setting up my dell axim to access my exchange box via pop3 and it downloaded my entire inbox. > So I deleted all 1000 messages on my axim because its li...

Alert for incoming emails???
How do I get a sound file to activate when a new email arives? I have gone to the Options box and checked "play sound" box but nothing happens! Is there any way to have a personal .wav file associated with incoming mail? Thanks all You can associate any sound file with events using Control Panel->Sounds and Multimedia. You just need to use the Browse button to locate your preferred sound file and then double click on it to activate it for the preferred sound. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus...

Insert a link to external email message
I want to insert a link to an email message in an excel file. I know I can save my Outlook message to a .msg file and then link to that. Is it also possible to somehow just point to that message if outlook is open? I'd like to do away with the step of saving the file somewhere. Thanks ...

Mail Address Booking showing more than Email address
Hi, When I type in a mail recipient's name, or use the address book, I get their business fax number, etc, as a choice, along with a choice of their email address. How can I set the address book so that it only shows email address? (it's getting the business fax number off of the Contact card). Thanks, Steve (Office 2007, XP Pro SP2) Steve Adams <steveada@bellsouth.net> wrote: > When I type in a mail recipient's name, or use the address book, I > get their business fax number, etc, as a choice, along with a choice > of their email address. Just as it sho...

Importing email accounts from Outlook 2000 into 2003 (via iaf files)
Hello there, Summary: How to import Email accounts from Outlook 2000 iaf files (created when exporting) into Outlook 2003. Full details: I done what I thought was a great idea, after having a problem with my PC decided to upgrade to Office 2003 (from 2000) Pro as it was offered to me free (Or I could have taken a memory upgrade). Reading this newsgroup it would seem that was a mistake! My current problem is that I cannot import that many email accounts I had created in outlook 2000. One work around is to import first into Outlook Express 6 and then import from there, but I still have to do...

Outlook email errors in both send/receive?
New Computer Dell has Office w/Outlook. The email does not work. Does not connect to incomming or outgoing. My POP3 and SMTP are correct. Please advise. jdelacerda wrote: || New Computer Dell has Office w/Outlook. The email does not work. || Does not connect to incomming or outgoing. My POP3 and SMTP are || correct. Please advise. Any error message? -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk jdelacerda <jdelacerda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > New Computer Dell has Office w/Outlook. The email does not work. > D...

Email merge
Hello, I have been using the Email Merge function of Word 2003 for years without too many issues .... but suddenly it is not working any longer! Everything goes fine, the only problem is that the emails are not sent out. I do not have any error message displayed. Would anyone have an idea of what might be the cause for that? Many thanks in advance! Eve This can happen, and the reasons are rarely obvious. It is always possible to suspect an automatic software update. 1. Which version of Windows? 2. Which email client are you using? Outlook? Outlook Express? Windows Mail? ...

Email PDF button grayed out
In Dynamics GP 10.0 when I open up a purchase order and go to print, then print to screen, there are two email buttons at the top. Email Text and Email PDF. The email text is enabled but the email pdf is not. I have a valid mapi profile and I can email from windows and any other app. Other users here have the same problem. No one can email pdf from inside GP. A workaround is to use PDFCreator from sourceforge and print to that printer driver which can then save a file or email. But the users are complaining and management is asking why the button cannot be enabled. Has anyone successful...

Excel should not delete document after trying to send email
After clicking send document via Email accidentally, I clicked the close button. I didn't want to send the document, I wanted to preview the layout. In other words I clicked the wrong button. When asked if I wanted to save the file, I figured it was speaking of the email. So, I click no and the document closes completely. I worked on this document for 3 hours, yes I realize I should have saved it by then but I was not closing the Excel file, or so I thought, I was closing an Email message. Outlook should open the document in a new window. Not in the current excel file. Is th...

File Stuck In Outbox
I have a 6 MB file that can not be sent or deleted from my inbox. I followed the "Assistance" suggestions on the MS web site but had no luck. Any idea? http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/recover_deleted.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/...

Adding new email domain
I am running SBS2003, have a hardware firewall and use NAT to access resources behind the firewall. We have recently added a new web domain behind our firewall. I would like to use the exchange server to process emails that go to that domain. How do I add an additional domain to the exchange server? I understand how to NAT the port 25 traffic to the exchange server, but not sure how to do the exchange end of things. Thanks in advance! By creating a Recipient Policy. That tells Exchange it should receive email for a particular domain and generate email addresses for recipients p...

Entourage Email Prints Conversation Field
Hi All, Just upgraded to office 2004 sp2 on my Mac Mini, and noticed when I print or forward emails I see "conversation" field is displayed and carrying the same content as a subject. I know office 2004 has new future now that msn messenger is integrated. but I just don't care for it and is there anyway I can turn off the future of conversation? better yet...how can I not have this "conversation" field printed or displayed when I forward an email? thanks for any help you might have. Tammie Hi, the conversation field has nothing to do with Microsoft Messenger;...

MS Word as email editor
I recently changed laptop computers and reinstalled Office XP Pro. Outlook does not recognize Word as email editor. This problem did not exist previously. I have reinstalled Office XP twice, both as a repair and a total reinstall. Error reads - "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." No option except OK, which then de-selects the setting in Tools > Options > Mail Format > Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages check box. Any thoughts? Hi Jim Do you h...

Problem with DL receiving external emails
We got Exchange 2K3 SP2 on w2k3 servers and recently we got targeted for spam pointing to DLs. I don't understand how could external get access and find out the DLs. Protecting the DLs is one thing but exchange security is another I am worried about. Does anyone have any info on how can I check where is the leak on the exchange boxes? Thanks. In news:80CB16CF-6EDB-49F0-8708-9B05D22AA0A2@microsoft.com, Speedyturtle <Speedyturtle@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > We got Exchange 2K3 SP2 on w2k3 servers and recently we got targeted > for spam pointing to DLs. I don't ...

How do I convert email addresses to clickable links?
I have imported a column of valid email address. How can I make them clickable links to email. No problem if I type them but there are far to many. Help apprecited. Thanks. Rick Wetzel Hi Rick Try this one for Column B in the activesheet Sub test() For Each myCell In Columns("B").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants) If myCell.Value Like "*@*" Then ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=myCell, _ Address:="mailto:" & myCell.Value, TextToDisplay:=myCell.Value End If Next End Sub -- Regards Ron de Brui...

preventing users from emailing to a specific domain
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C5DF29.9DD6CB40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to prevent users from emailing to a specific domain? Thank you Luis Sanchez ------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C5DF29.9DD6CB40 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html...

Email pictures easy
Seems I always struggle with this. I have OL 2007. When I sent pictures I pick them from explorer, right-click and Send. But that sends them as attachments, I normally want to send them embedded in the email so they show easily for the target user (instead of having to open each one to view it). Am I missing something. Is there a trick to do this quickly? Thanks. -- William Stacey [C# MVP] PowerLocker, PowerPad www.powerlocker.com Only by using HTML format and inserting pictures. The right click method will always send as attachment. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post a...

Importing text files from an email
Hi, As always I want to say thanks for all those respond and make this a great community. I recieve an email everyday with a text file, is there a simple automated way to import the data into access. It is a simple manual task, but automated is nice. Manual process Recieve email> right click text file>save as> open access and use the get exteranl data> import functions. Thanks Rob Look at rules in outlook to push the attachment to a standard location. Then use access, a button and/or macro/vba to check that directory location and import what it finds. Error checking is...