Strange problem, Help is appreciated

dear all
i am administering Exchange 5.5 SP 3 on NT 4 SP6a the problem is that all of the suddent of the email accounts configured as firstname.lastname@mydomain.com does not receive any email nither from the internet nor from exchange, the owner of this mail box is configured in outlook as an internet account, if some one sent to the address above he will receive a time out message from his ISP that the mail could not be sent and will try to send it within 4 days,
the very strange thing is if i change any letter from the email it can send and receive.

Any suggesstion about what might happened and how can i fix the problem on the same email account

Thanks alot
Laith
0
laithbiz (2)

help
I have a table Contest with ContestId (PK int), ContestName, ContestDate. I have another table Registration which stores the data for people who register for the contest. Registration has RegistrationId (PK int), ContestId (FK int) , PersonsName (varchar), Isawinner(bit) I would like a query which would return me the following results: ContestDate. ContestName, count of registrations for that date, count of winners for that date Select c.ContestDate, c.ContestName, Count(*) As NumberOfRegistrations Sum(Cast r.Isawinner As int)) As NumberWinners From Contest c Inner Join Reg...

Strange Output
Hello, everybody !!! Why this fragment of code shows : ac cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; Thanks All !!! "Alex Dmitriev" <firejump@mail.ru> wrote in message news:ecTgPp8pEHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, everybody !!! > Why this fragment of code shows : ac > > cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elconTrigraphs.asp '??/' is a '\' so you end up with "a\\\bc" http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elc...

Excel Object showing strange behavior
Hello, I have a sheet that I created that contains an Excel object (small spreadsheet) that when double clicked, will open up and allow it to be populated. After they populate it, and close it,...the data is automatically reflected in the object on the original sheet. This is shared with everyone and it's working great. BUT.....(always the but) Why have a few people sent the form back to me saying that when they double click the object it opens up a "Format Object" dialogue box rather than the editable sheet that it was supposed to do? They sent it back to me and sure enough...

Need help please
Let me start from the beginning. I am trying to create a cumulativ value that would show only when that month is included (i.e. cumulative number would show up in Nov. once a monthly number i entered in Nov.). That value, when present, is then linked to a char on another worksheet. To do this, I have created a formula that look at a cell and either returns a value or "". By "", I wanted t return a null value. So, what's in the cell that the chart is lookin at is a reference to the formula result which I thought was a nul value, but the chart is reading it as a z...

Problems with sharing a workbook
We've got a weekly accuracy check spreadsheet that's on another drive and accessible to me and another co-worker. Normally, we work on it at different times of the day, but this week we decided to make it accessible to both of us for simultaneous editing. The data was first filtered to hide duplicates, then sorted by Employee ID and Date. I then went to Tools>Share Workbook, checked the box for sharing, and saved the workbook to our "G" drive. Then, the trial run: we both accessed it, I had him color-fill the last row and save. I then saved it on my computer. ...

hyperlink problem
OS is Windows XP Home. I recently switched from AOL to Comcast cable and am using Outlook Express as my e-mail client. When I get an email with a hyperlink, I cannot click on that hyperlink and go directly to the website. I can do nothing but write it down on a piece of paper and go into explorer and type it and go that way. I cannot cut and paste - it won't let me! I have reloaded IE6 with the SP1 updates and am getting the same problem. Any suggestions on what else I can try? Thanks, Sam You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You Click a Link: h...

Form Help Please
I have a nice clean, useful report except for one thing. No search function. Is there any way to put a search function on a report? If not, I have been unsuccessful using the filter. I have a 157 page report so how can I filter or just "jump" to the page I need? I need to find a certain school district and then print the information on the report for that district. Each district is on its own page in the report, so if I could just go to XYZ district without having to scroll al the way through it would help. Thanks so much!!!!! On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:58:06 -0800, Golfinray wrot...

Stock quote problem.
Money 2006 Canadian edition. This morning my Canadian stock and exchange traded fund quotes are out by a factor of 1000. Mutual funds and American stocks seem to be correct. Anyone know anything about this? In microsoft.public.money, Wally wrote: >Money 2006 Canadian edition. This morning my Canadian stock and exchange >traded fund quotes are out by a factor of 1000. Mutual funds and American >stocks seem to be correct. Anyone know anything about this? I saw several anomalous high prices when I updated prices earlier. The next time I updated prices, it was down to only 2....

mike, need help
mike, can you help me . . :) how to set username and password in outlook 2003 (Ms outlook standard edition 2003) so every time user open outlook they don't have to enter username and password. (how to set outlook 2003 to remember our password) ?? thank ! In news:1137722547.878691.299540@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, sf= <shievaderezer@yahoo.com> typed: > mike, can you help me . . :) > > how to set username and password in outlook 2003 (Ms outlook standard > edition 2003) > so every time user open outlook they don't have to enter username and > password. &...

Exchange Permissions--Strange One
Hi by default, domain admins (and ent. admins) are denied "receive as" and "send as" permissions to the mailbox store. additionally, by default, on the exchange advanced tab under the mailbox rights button, domain admins are DENIED Full Mailbox Access. However, if you look at the security tab for each user object, by default domain admins are allowed "send as" and "receive as" permissions. now i know that the "receive as" right is ignored on the ad user object, but i ran a small test. i logged on as a domain admin, opened up the domain admin...

CreateSQLTmpTable Error
Could someone please assist us in resolving the following error which is affecting our accounting production of MS GP. Please help! ERROR: The stored procedure createSQLTmpTable returned the following results: DBMS: 12, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0. This issue is covered in the following KB Articles: - KB 852594 - Error "Stored Procedure Creating SQL TMP Table DBMS: 12 eEnterprise: 0" https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;852594 - KB 861268 - You receive a "The stored procedure createSQLTmpTable returned the following results...

Mailbox Manager Policy Problems
I have an Exchange 2000 server with approx 95 users. My organziation recently put an email retention policy into effect and we are using the mailbox manager to delete old mail after 120 days. The problem is that some mailboxes aren't getting touched at all, some are working ok, and others are having one or two folders omitted. We are deleting messages from Sent Items, Inbox, Deleted Items, System Cleanup Folders, and have also checked the All Other Mail Folders. Size is set to any and age is 120 days. Any help will be rewarded with monkeys in clown suits. Thanks in advance... mkfarr...

help with log file
Got a database in SQL2005 that is basically a download of a daily flat text files and creating tables from them. The log.ldf file is frikkin huge. It's over 146GB and I don't need this, I have storage issues. How do I shorten down this file and keep it small forever? Hi Rocketman Have you read about managing the transaction log in the Books Online? How big is your database? What recovery model are you in? What kinds of backups are you doing, and how frequently? If you are not in SIMPLE recovery, and you don't back up your log, it will continue to grow. Even...

User Breakpoint problem
I'm using VC++ 6.0. I get a message similar to this one: "User Breakpoint called from code at: 0x77f2706f" I found a description of this problem in the MS Knowledge Base (article 148455), it says that it is a bug in MS VC++ and it has a resolution for it. It tells me to use the following code: CSharedFile file; // Do stuff to fill in the CSharedFile HGLOBAL hGlob = file.Detach(); #if _MFC_VER <= 0x0600 ::GlobalUnlock(hGlob); #endif But this is done with MFCs, and I am NOT using MFCs and I have never even heard of the CSharedFile class. Can anyone t...

Interesting Rule Problem and "on other computer"
I pulled my old .pst into a clean installation of Outlook 2003. I then saw that my rules were there, and downloaded my mail. No where to be found. I saw them come in (over 1000 mails!) - but they were not in the inbox, not anywhere. I even did a search for emails that were newer than yesterday, and nothing popped up. Then, later, I realized that the rules were set to something like "other computer" or something like that. That designation was removed when I went in and edited each and every rule and made sure that all items were pointing to the right places. The strange thing was...

Excel Problem
Last night Excel started messing up on my computer. Dell Computer about 6 years old. Windows XP Pro, MS Office 2002. Open a spreadsheet, Excel opens to a blank spreadsheet and then says it has encountered an error and shuts down. Error appears to be something about a kernel 32.dll (not sure). Tried detect and repair, safe mode, nothing works. Does it from a file open, shortcut or program launch. Need some advice. Google is your friend http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=kernel32.dll&aq=3&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=kernel&gs_rfai= -- Don ...

Need help with Listbox
Hi Everyone, In my spreadsheet, I have the following choices in G4 to G54. Not Started In Progress Completed And from H4 to H54, It contains the date when the tasks should be completed. e.g. 7/27/2005 8/15/2005 From C4 to C54, I have a list of tasks. I have added a form and 2 listboxes. On the first listbox, i want to show all the tasks overdue, and on the 2nd listbox i want to show all the tasks that are still on schedule. And i dont know how to do it. To determine if the task is overdue, the status is not started, in progress and exceeds to the date of completion otherwise...

Help for formulas in spreadsheet
Let me first explain my problem. I have a booking form used by renters who rent my holiday villa, they book usually 1 or 2 weeks. The cost is dependent on the month so there are 4 price bands. So they could cross a price band ie have a different price for each week. I have used this forum in the past to get a couple of formulas to do most of the calculations, but as i don`t really understand the formulas when changes are required its a no go area for me other than the yearly price increase, I just change the figure (�s) behind the �s sign. All my changes are linked to dates and ...

I want help with charts
I want to create a waterfall or bridging chart? have a look at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html and http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall2.html -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Marton" wrote: > I want to create a waterfall or bridging chart? ...

USB device causes PC to freeze. Please help!
Hello When i use a USB 3G-modem dongle and start the connection, the computer freezes. I'm unable to open start menu or programs. If i disconnect the connection or remove the USB dongle, everything works fine. And the programs i tried to open before, pop-up instantly. As if they were waiting me to close the connection or remove the USB device. The machine has USB 2.0 compatibility, and i tried with windows xp home and pro. what is causing the problem? Thanks Poppe wrote: > Hello > > When i use a USB 3G-modem dongle and start the connection, the compute...

Excel
I have imported a list of birthdates that are formatted as a number suc as: 19730612 which represents June 12, 1973 Is there anyway to have Excel recognize this as a date in the for yyyymmdd and then convert it to a different format such as mm/dd/yyyy? Thanks, Be -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Select the range and then use Data / Text to Columns. This gives you the option of telling Excel it is a date and also the order of the day, month and year within it. -- Andy. "benallred99 >" <<benallred99.17wcg6@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in messa...

Problem with sum across worksheets
Hi, I have several applications where I keep monthly data on tabbed worksheets, labled Jan07, Feb07, Mar07... I also add a worksheet I usually call RangeEnd that acts to stop sums for ranges. It has been my practice to make a year end worksheet that would have the same shape data structure and place in each cell the formula "=sum(Jan07:RangeEnd!A1)" and copy it into all the appropriate cells for which I want summed data. This seems to work just fine so long as the sells I am summing are not themselves sums. For example, if cell C1 holds a value, say 10. The C1 cell in th...

Strange Email failure error
Can anyone help? Using Outlook 2002 and POP3 mail. I've always been able to send emails to my wife's work email address until this week, when I get this very strange failure notice. "Connected to 213.2.49.230 but greeting failed. Remote host said: 421 reppsrv01.repp.co.uk is not accepting new connections. Please try later I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long." Does anyone know what the hell this means? thanks -- Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to avoid spam: gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk www.gbpcomputin...

Bitmap problem
Hi, I create a bitmap in ms photo editor. I then import this bitmap as a new bitmap resource. MSVC6 says "the bitmap has been imported correctly, but because it contains more than 256 colours, it cannot be displayed in the editor". Thats fine, but when i run my application showing the bitmap, the colours are all screwed up. Can I only display 256 colours? Then I save my original bitmap in 256 colour format, re-import, but the colours are still screwed up? What am i doing wrong? How are you showing the bitmap in your program? A lot can happen to the colors depending on how you sh...

Help With My Excel Database
The following is what I need help with: (1) I have a main sheet where I am entering my data. I have defined a dynamic range for this data so that if I enter a new row or column in the sheet then this data will be included in the dynamic range. I want to know what I need to do to copy the data from the main sheet into a second sheet so that when I enter a new row/column or amend the existing data in the first sheet then the second sheet will automatically update. I presume it is something to do with referencing the dynamic range from the first sheet into the second sheet. ...