Strange permission Settings.

Hey folks I got a strange problem and i think it has somthing to do with
permisions server end but it is possible this could also be a client side
problem

Okay so im on the support desk we have a number of users that access an
exchange 2003 server using outlook 2003 some teams share access team maiboxes.
When they try to add a custom field to (in tasks or email) on a shared
mailbox they recive this error message "You do not have sufficient permission
to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or the
system administrator"
But they have full rights to it and I have treid making the users the owner

when they try to add a custom feild in there own personal mailbox that

When They try to add the custom feild in there own inbox they get "The
messaging interface hass returned an unknown error. If the problem persists,
restart Outlook"

We are also getting intermitent errors with some user who cannot forward
Rich Text emails with attachments they also get "You do not have sufficient
permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact
or the system administrator"

Is any one able to shed some light on what the problem could be ?

Local user to Local Group: You do not have permission to send to this recipient
I have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007 clients. All my domain users are in DomainUsers group. Everybody could send mails to DomainUsers, except one users with the following error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: MySubjectTest Sent: 10/1/2007 10:30 The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: DomainUsers on 10/1/2007 10:27 You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <exchange.domain.com #5.7.1> Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. no b...

Send As permission #3
I am trying to grant a user Send As permission. I enable Advanced view, go to the Users object that I want to grant access to, go to the security tab, click advanced, and click Add, but I do not see Send As permission there. I can grant full mailbox access, but the grantee still shows "Sendt on Behalf Of" in the e-mail when they send for that user. What did I miss? Never mind....you have to do it on the domain controller, not from an exchange server.... "Tom Felts" <tfelts@mckennalong.com> wrote in message news:e3MFRAbUFHA.3312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl.....

Strange Output
Hello, everybody !!! Why this fragment of code shows : ac cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; Thanks All !!! "Alex Dmitriev" <firejump@mail.ru> wrote in message news:ecTgPp8pEHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, everybody !!! > Why this fragment of code shows : ac > > cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elconTrigraphs.asp '??/' is a '\' so you end up with "a\\\bc" http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elc...

Set all check boxes values on form
Hi everyone, I have a table with 2 fields: Field1(Text box) and Fied2(Check box) in a form. What i want is a command button to set all Field2 check box to YES, and a command button to set all Field2 check box to NO Could anyone help me please???? -- Thanks, Sorry if my english isn''t correct, but I''m from Potugal ;) Emanuel Violante Galeano In the Click event procedure of the command button: Dim strSql As String If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False 'Save first strSql = "UPDATE [Table1] SET [Field2] = TRUE WHERE [Field2] = FALSE;" dbEngin...

How do I set up formula to copy format from one worksheet to anoth
How do I set up a formula to copy both value and format from one worksheet to another? When I use the = sign, it copy the value only. How do I get the format be copied also? you can't "link" the formatting in the same way as you link the contents what you need to do is to copy all the cells in your sheet X A B C ... 1 2 click on the grey square which I have illustrated with the X this selects all the cells in the sheet press control-C (copy) go to your new sheet and select the same X square now do edit > paste special > format / column width. if you are doin...

Excel Object showing strange behavior
Hello, I have a sheet that I created that contains an Excel object (small spreadsheet) that when double clicked, will open up and allow it to be populated. After they populate it, and close it,...the data is automatically reflected in the object on the original sheet. This is shared with everyone and it's working great. BUT.....(always the but) Why have a few people sent the form back to me saying that when they double click the object it opens up a "Format Object" dialogue box rather than the editable sheet that it was supposed to do? They sent it back to me and sure enough...

Exchange Permissions--Strange One
Hi by default, domain admins (and ent. admins) are denied "receive as" and "send as" permissions to the mailbox store. additionally, by default, on the exchange advanced tab under the mailbox rights button, domain admins are DENIED Full Mailbox Access. However, if you look at the security tab for each user object, by default domain admins are allowed "send as" and "receive as" permissions. now i know that the "receive as" right is ignored on the ad user object, but i ran a small test. i logged on as a domain admin, opened up the domain admin...

Data from one column set up into ten columns
I have some data in one column: 1. ABC 2. 3. xyz 4. 5. 123 6. aaa 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. DEF 12. 13. rst 14. 15. 456 16. bbb 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. GHI .... and so on... I'd like to set this data in one row but in ten columns, like this: ---A--- ---B--- ---C--- ---D--- ---E--- ---F--- ---G--- ---H--- ... 1. ABC xyz 123 aaa .... How it can be done? -- Tobi tobbi@poczta.onet.pl www.aukcje24.pl - najlepsze aukcje internetowe! Hi Tobi copy it, click in A2, choose edit / paste special -values then delete row 1 Cheers JulieD "Tobi" <tobbi@poczta....

Setting up Hyperlinks using Excel on XP
Not totally an EXCEL question ... I know how to set up hyperlinks. What I'm trying to figure out is how to get past the My Network Place to Entire Network setting up hyperlink. On WIN 98 I did right click, hyperlink, and then network neighborhood to the main server needed to finish the pathway. With XP I get to the place where I click on My Network Place and the option to open "Other Places" is not there. Help? I've got an intranet site set up using WIN 98 and now with XP I'm screwed.... Hi, Terri, I'm not exactly sure, as I get the same thing - although...

Strange Email failure error
Can anyone help? Using Outlook 2002 and POP3 mail. I've always been able to send emails to my wife's work email address until this week, when I get this very strange failure notice. "Connected to 213.2.49.230 but greeting failed. Remote host said: 421 reppsrv01.repp.co.uk is not accepting new connections. Please try later I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long." Does anyone know what the hell this means? thanks -- Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to avoid spam: gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk www.gbpcomputin...

Very Strange
Hi I have a Word 2007 document. In this I am using 3 different heading styles. I want to use the feature 'Select Text with Similar Formatting' but it is not working. I have 5 headings that are all Title Case, size 10, Times New Roman, Left aligned and Bold there is exactly the same formatting applied to all 5 headings - I even checked the paragraph spacing - all headings are 0pt before and 12pt after. I checked show and hide - everything I repeat everything is the same - can you tell me why oh why will this feature only select 3 of my headings and not the 5???? ...

OL2003: Multiple folder view
We're using Outlook 2003 in Exchange environment and we're using common "office calendar" in exchange public folders for all kinds of little happenings. When in calendar view, I can check the "office calender" and view beside my own calender. However, when I restart Outlook and return to calendars, I have to check the "office calender" again. - Is there any way to make Outlook remember this setting? Thanks, Jussi No, it's not persistent. From Outlook's Help task pane (F1 to open it) choose Communities and enter a suggestion. So that those o...

default NTFS permissions on system partition : everyone group in or out
When setting up a new server, is the Everyone group going to have full control to the C: drive (system partition) by default? This is a big problem when people who are not part of the domain can connect to C$ (if they know what they're doing). Can anyone think of a single good reason why Everyone should be allowed full access to the C: drive? (When we took the Everyone group out on the Exchange2k server, we ran into instant problems - users called to say that they had lost their connection to the server.) Thanks in advance. That is not true. NTFS permissions may be set to give ever...

why this strange result with vlookup
hi i have this formula in a cell =VLOOKUP(A3,'LookUp Data'!A2:O740,2,FALSE) but any time i pick a code from my list items in column A it gives #NA but as soon as i change to a different code it gives the name. any help why My best guess would be a data type mismatch. Looking up text in a column of numbers. When you change the value the type gets converted and the result is returned. Hard to say though based on yoru description. The ohter thig to look for might be blank characters padded at the end of the input. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Amin" wrot...

Permissions to a Calendar folder in a Personal Folder.
I have a user that wants to share a Calendar folder located in a pst file, we are using Outlook XP. The permissions tab is not present in the properties of the Calendar, I can find any specific information about this. Does anyone know if this can be done at all? Allowing network users to view a Calendar hosted in a pst file. thank you, I've been told that you cannot do this. We recently went to an exchange server where this is very easy to do. Shared calendars is the main reason we did it. qbenboy <qbenboy@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a user that wants to share a Calendar...

How do I set up a centerfold print for a booklet?
I have a 50 page booket and I want the center pages to print as a centerfold. Any ideas? All but the centerfold and the pages on the reverse side of the centerfold can be done with the booklet fold option. You'll need to print the centerfold and the two other pages as a separate print job. Actually, when you determine which two pages the centerfold section will be, you can just make those two pages blank and let the backside print, then remove that sheet and print the center fold on it. Assuming that you are using a letter size sheet which is folded, you would set up the centerfol...

DestroyWindow ASSERT problem....strange, strange!
Hi I have derived a dialog-class in a DLL (shared MFC) I can construct an object of this class in my app, and when overloading DoModal() and adding an AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState( )); call, I can see the CMyDialog dialog. But here is the issue, I have a timer set for a certain time, it posts a message and the dialog has to be killed - so I use CDialog::OnCancel. Then DoModal calls DestroyWindow() - Here a copy of the m_hWnd is made in hWndOrig. #ifdef _DEBUG hWndOrig = m_hWnd; #endif Then m_hWnd gets set to Null by ::DestroyWndow (which calls OnNcDestroy). But later in Dest...

Setting up Macros
Does anyone know how to set up a Macro in RMS...not a basic one, I got that. I need to be able to set up say Alt F1 to allow me to click F4>PageUp>Alt>P. I can't seem to record this as a Macro, any ideas? -- Thank You Vince :) Notice how the journal viewer opens as a separate window? I'm pretty sure there is no way to have your macro keystrokes occur in that window... I suspect that your Page-up and <Alt>P are running, but back on the transaction window where they don't really do much of anything... You might have some luck with a programmable keyboard ...

How do I set up a brochure?
I am trying to make a brochure, folded in half. I cannot figure out how to set it up. Can anyone help? You can try to use Microsoft Office Publisher. At the New From A Design,Publications for print, choose Brochures. Blog: http://smartusemicrosoftoffice.blogspot.com/ See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/BookletPrinting.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Conniema" <Conniema@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68250F5F-E572-43E5-9D74-F2D9F29F2474@microsoft.com... &g...

Setting Tab Properties in Excel
Just curious how to set them? Thanks for any help you can provide The only thing remotely resembling tab properties in Excel is Format-->Cells, choose the Alignment tab and set the left indent at more than 0. Or perhaps you want to tab between specific cells on the worksheet? In that case, it's Cell locking. See: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/cell_locking_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "beldarski" <beldarski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCD4CD36-7256-4A50-A328-A7D58545E9DB@microsoft.com... > Just c...

Strange behavior #3
Hello. I use Outlook 2003 with a internal pop/smtp server (Merak). Using Oulook 2003 (it's the case for all users in the company), when we send mails to internal addresses, in the recipient mailbox our address doesn't appear, we are considered as ghost users! But, if on the same PC we use another email client (Outlook express for example), the mail arrives with my address as sender! Does anyone feel a ghostbuster? Thanks by advance. ...

strange Icon
I'm running Office 2007, and always back up my files to a flash drive which I can then open in my laptop. The "Icons" always look normal until today When I backed up an Excel file. The new Icon on the flash drive has a big exclamation mark (!) in the center of it!! I have reviewed the file and can't find anything wrong with it -- have been doing this for years and have never seen this before. Will someone please tell me what this means!! The icon in my "documents and settings", where the file was saved originally is normal. big john This is a cross post wi...

strange
hi, why if I load Dialog from satelite DLL it display with white background? When from local resources its ok. thanks ...

Setting a report's recordsource?
I'm sure there's a simple trick to this, but I can't figure it out... I'm trying to set up a report's recordsource in response to changes on an associated form. The current implementation has the report's Open event call into a method on the form, which creates a SQL string and hands it back. However this is very inflexible, because it means the report is tied to _that_ form, and I'd rather have it able to be opened from any form, or even other applications. I would like to re-write the code to have an open method that is handed the filters, creates the SQL, ...

Strange problems
All, A standalone Exchange 2003 SP2 server acted up the other day and needed to be restated. After the first reboot it only stayed stable for about 10 minutes. After the second, it's been running but generating the errors listed below. I ran the "Performance Troubleshooting Analyzer" and "Troubleshooting Assistant" tools from Microsoft's websites but didn't get anything that was too useful. Any suggestions? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1025 Date: 3/28/2007 Time: 8:44:43 AM User: N/A C...