Strange Outlook behavior

Exchange 2003 Server/Outlook 2003
I have several users who have a resource mailbox added to their Outlook
profile.  They have no problem opening emails in the additional Inbox, but if
they search the Inbox using the 'Find' button on the OL toolbar and enter
their criteria in "Look for: - Search In - Find now", they can view the
results of the search from the results screen, but cannot open the items.
They must go back to the actual mailbox where these items are located, track
them down (the old fashioned way), and then they CAN open these same items.
That kind of defeats the whole idea behind searching.  Is this an Outlook 2k3
bug?
0
SilverICE (243)

Outlook doesn't startup anymore after install Norton Antivirus 201
I installed Norton Antivirus two weeks ago and since then I'm not able anymore to startup Outlook. A friend of mine discoverd that in the Application Data no more pst.file was available. I have Windows XP and Office 2007 Entreprise edition. When I startup my Outlook I get an error message stating that Outlook hadn't been closed down properly and if I want to startup in Save Mode. Now, this doesn't work and the screen asks me to send info about this case to Microsoft. Anyone out there, who can help me? Uninstall Norton http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninf...

outlook.pst deleted by Outlook after moving the file between profiles
Windows XP Pro SP2 Outlook 2002 10.6516.6735 SP3 I just imported email from Eudora to Outlook via Outlook Express. Took hours, but it worked. Left me with an 800MB outlook.pst file. I opened Outlook and everything worked fine. Then, I noticed that Outlook had stored the outlook.pst file under my previous profile: Joe User I now use profile named: joe.user So, I closed Outlook, and moved the outlook.pst and extend.dat files from: C:\Documents and Settings\Joe User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook to C:\Documents and Settings\joe.user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\...

Strange Output
Hello, everybody !!! Why this fragment of code shows : ac cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; Thanks All !!! "Alex Dmitriev" <firejump@mail.ru> wrote in message news:ecTgPp8pEHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, everybody !!! > Why this fragment of code shows : ac > > cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elconTrigraphs.asp '??/' is a '\' so you end up with "a\\\bc" http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elc...

Missing Contacts in Word 2002 compared to contacts in Outlook 2002
When I try to print an envelope in Word using the Outlook contacts, those contacts without a fax number or email address don't show up. I need all of them to show up. The address book in Word will show all of your Contacts. How are you invoking the address book? How did you configure it? -- Russ Valentine "Paul Johnson" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:uKiYg26pKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > When I try to print an envelope in Word using the Outlook contacts, those > contacts without a fax number or email address don't show up. I need all ...

outlook authentication
outlook authentication domain environment problem is we have a workgroup (not on domain) of 20 machines and also have exchange accounts and ntuser accounts. after migrating from exchange 5.5 to 2000 all users must authenticate with username domain name and password. Before this was not the case even though machines are not on domain. If you don't have cached credentials to access the domain (resulting from a login to it), it makes perfect sense that you'll be asked for them when trying to access an Exchange mailbox. I don't know why it was working for you before, because it sh...

error during Archive in Outlook 2003
Hello, Currently we use Outlook for archival of mail, looking to get a network archival to manage mailboxes across the LAN. I have Outlook 2003 set for the default archival --- run every 14 days. For people that don't need to retain mail the archival deletes mail greater than 6 months. Others that need mail retention, anything over 6 months in the mailbox is archived to a server on my LAN. I know MS does not support pst files over a network --- but I can not rely on the users to archive/manage their mailbox, and --- the pst files must be backed up, can't sit on thei...

Outlook Express #312
Is there a newsgroup for Outlook Express? Davis I found it. Davis ================================== "Davis Howard" <davis.howard@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:nLe3k.62436$SV4.38425@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Is there a newsgroup for Outlook Express? > > Davis > Where is it? >On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 19:03:42 GMT, "Davis Howard" <no-spam@worldnet.att.net> wrote: >I found it. > >Davis >================================== >"Davis Howard" <davis.howard@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message &g...

Excel Object showing strange behavior
Hello, I have a sheet that I created that contains an Excel object (small spreadsheet) that when double clicked, will open up and allow it to be populated. After they populate it, and close it,...the data is automatically reflected in the object on the original sheet. This is shared with everyone and it's working great. BUT.....(always the but) Why have a few people sent the form back to me saying that when they double click the object it opens up a "Format Object" dialogue box rather than the editable sheet that it was supposed to do? They sent it back to me and sure enough...

Outlook Flags
I may get an e-mail and then attach a flag to remind myself to get th task done. Due to sizing limits on my e-mail, i typically copy th message to my personal archive for filing. It appears that if you do this, the follow up flag never pop's up. Ha anyone experienced this or know how to fix it so that they still po up?? ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com That's expected; natively reminders only fire from the default folders. If you really want ...

hyperlinks in received e-mails in Outlook
When I click on a hyperlink in a received e-mail in Outlook I get the following box: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". Please help. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest information -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "dhariri" <dhariri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3273FC95-84FE-4A0A-9E8D-EF99A5B1E690@mic...

Outlook client 11-13-06
Dumb question - where do you get the Outlook client from? Do you have to purchase it separately, or does it come with the CD to install CRM? Our IT guy installed CRM, so I have no idea what is on the CD, or even what version we're running (although I do know that we're only licenced for 25 users). I'm just doing end user customisations. I think it ships with the CRM server software. Check Disc 2 of the package. HTH, Niths "WiLLerZ" wrote: > Dumb question - where do you get the Outlook client from? Do you have > to purchase it separately, or does it come with...

How do I check if Outlook is my default mail client
How do I check if Outlook is my default mail client? And if it is not how do I set it default? Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program Access and Defaults. And in IE: Tools | Internet Options | Programs. Outlook and Outlook Express are entirely different programs. You will get better help in an MS Outlook newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.General news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.configuration news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.installation news://msnews.micr...

Exchange Permissions--Strange One
Hi by default, domain admins (and ent. admins) are denied "receive as" and "send as" permissions to the mailbox store. additionally, by default, on the exchange advanced tab under the mailbox rights button, domain admins are DENIED Full Mailbox Access. However, if you look at the security tab for each user object, by default domain admins are allowed "send as" and "receive as" permissions. now i know that the "receive as" right is ignored on the ad user object, but i ran a small test. i logged on as a domain admin, opened up the domain admin...

Outlook 97 Attachments
Windows 2000 running Outlook 97 When I try to open an attachment I receive an error message: Can't create file: xxxxxxxx.xls. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. I logged in as me (administrator) with the users profile and it works fine. On another computer I can log in as the user with his profile and it also works fine. I can save a regular document just not attachments. He has all permissions. Any other advice would be appreciated. Good evening, if you wo...

Attachments visible in webaccess but not in outlook
When we receive an undeliverable message, the message shows that there is an attachment, but if you open the email or look at in preview pane, it doesn't show an attachment, so we can't view it (the attachment is the original message that was undeliverable). If you open your inbox with Outlook Web Access, then the attachment is there and you can view it. Inside of Outlook, you can also select File -> Save Attachments and save the attachment and then view it. Is there a way to make Outlook treat these attachments as regular attachments so we can just double click them and view the...

Strange Email failure error
Can anyone help? Using Outlook 2002 and POP3 mail. I've always been able to send emails to my wife's work email address until this week, when I get this very strange failure notice. "Connected to 213.2.49.230 but greeting failed. Remote host said: 421 reppsrv01.repp.co.uk is not accepting new connections. Please try later I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long." Does anyone know what the hell this means? thanks -- Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to avoid spam: gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk www.gbpcomputin...

Outlook Shortcuts Not working
Hi All, This one might just be an easy one for you guys. I have a fresh install of Outlook and the only way I can start it is by going to start --> Run --> Outlook. If I use any shortcuts or even doubleclick the outlook.exe file nothing happens Any help would be appreciated Tks Rog "Hi All, This one might just be an easy one for you guys. I have a fresh install of Outlook and the only way I can start it is by going to start --> Run --> Outlook. If I use any shortcuts or even doubleclick the outlook.exe file nothing happens Any help would be appreciated Tks" ...

Outlook 2002
I seem to be unable to complete Archiving successfully. I want to Archive my Calendar file and, when attempting to do it, all seems to work correctly (the Archive file is created etc) except that the data to be archived does not move to the Archive file. I do have MSActiveSync installed in case that is relevant. Any advice would be much appreciated. Rob Archiving works on the modified date of items. If you have Activesync installed and it touches the items that you wanted archived, the modified date is changed to the date of the last access by activesync so it will not be archived. ...

Palm not syncing with Outlook
When trying to Hotsync a Palm with Outlook 2002 on a IBM Laptop. Receiving error "the custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an outlook form instead. The object does not support the requested action" Try checking a palm support forum. the problem originates with the palm software, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Spencer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | When trying to Hotsync a Palm with Outlook 2002 on a IBM | La...

Transmitting Outlook data to a web server
I am looking for a solution on how to publish data in Outlook to a web server. A custom web app will be written to access the data published to its server and and display it in some special way. I will either need to write custom VBA for Outlook that transmits the data to the web server or use some third-party tool that integrates into Outlook that will transmit the data for me. The data is sent in only one direction - from client to server. The data on the server is read- only. Whenever the user changes data in Outlook, either it gets sent to the server automatically (the preferred wa...

Import Outlook 2003 pst file to Outlook 2000 #2
Importing pst file from hard drive after copying file over from cd and unchecking read only attribute. One posted message said when exporting form 2003 you have to tell it to export for Outlook version 2000. Didn't see where that was an option - is there anymore information on this? Also mention of unicode by someone else was unfamiliar. I didn't see anything about unicode in the export process. Can you please explain what it is or give me additional advise/instruction. Thanks, Tlm When trying to copy contacts and emails from new version on one machine to older version ...

Outlook Connector crashes Outlook 2003 on exit
After installing Outlook Connector, Outlook 2003 keeps crashing on exit. Is there some way to fix this? Here is the stack trace: (21c.1478): Access violation - code c0000005 (first chance) First chance exceptions are reported before any exception handling. This exception may be expected and handled. eax=002409b8 ebx=00000000 ecx=feeefeee edx=00000000 esi=0318d6cc edi=00000000 eip=0312a91f esp=0013f92c ebp=0013f934 iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na pe nc cs=001b ss=0023 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=003b gs=0000 efl=00010282 *** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols f...

Outlook not responding #9
My Outlook for some reason is now not responding. I've tried rebooting a few times, but still the same problem. Any ideas about what I can do to get Outlook to respond? Should I uninstall Outlook, then reinstall it? If so, is all my data saved from now and accessible after reinstalling? Thanks, Steve Hi, Goto the Task Manager and then end task all the Outlook.exe found there. Also, uninstalling and reinstalling of Outlook does not result in the loss of the data. Hope this helps !!! Regards, Sudharson.AN "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Outlook 2007 11-20-09
Whenever I try to open a web link that is in a message it always tells me to contact my system administrator. We can't figure out why or how to change it. "thampton" <thampton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66C37BC4-1F16-45C7-ADF7-8ECBAC465869@microsoft.com... > Whenever I try to open a web link that is in a message it always tells me > to > contact my system administrator. We can't figure out why or how to change > it. > MASSES of posts and answers about this in this group - did you search it? http://support.mic...

Very Strange
Hi I have a Word 2007 document. In this I am using 3 different heading styles. I want to use the feature 'Select Text with Similar Formatting' but it is not working. I have 5 headings that are all Title Case, size 10, Times New Roman, Left aligned and Bold there is exactly the same formatting applied to all 5 headings - I even checked the paragraph spacing - all headings are 0pt before and 12pt after. I checked show and hide - everything I repeat everything is the same - can you tell me why oh why will this feature only select 3 of my headings and not the 5???? ...