store.exe memory usage

Hello all

I am having some strange things happening on my exchange server and when
looking at a few things in the task manager I noticed that the memory usage
for the store.exe process is at about 600meg. I restarted the server and
it's now at about 200meg.

Does that look right? I am not an exchange guru so any help would be great.
Also, can you point me to any sites that deal with exchange management.

Thanks

0
pauled (2)

I only have about 300 mailboxes

"Paul" <pauled@NOSPAM.iu08.org> wrote in message
> Hello all
>
> I am having some strange things happening on my exchange server and when
> looking at a few things in the task manager I noticed that the memory
> usage for the store.exe process is at about 600meg. I restarted the server
> and it's now at about 200meg.
>
> Does that look right? I am not an exchange guru so any help would be
> great. Also, can you point me to any sites that deal with exchange
> management.
>
> Thanks

0
pauled (2)
4/4/2007 5:28:53 PM
By way of reference, my server supports 175 mailboxes and uses 275MB RAM,
which seems about right if you have 2x that and use 2x as much RAM.

An interesting article from the Exchange team explains the RAM usage:
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/08/02/206012.aspx

The short-but-sweet answer is here:
http://expertanswercenter.techtarget.com/eac/knowledgebaseAnswer/0,295199,sid63_gci988113,00.html

Hope this helps.

Simon

"Paul" <pauled@NOSPAM.iu08.org> wrote in message
> Hello all
>
> I am having some strange things happening on my exchange server and when
> looking at a few things in the task manager I noticed that the memory
> usage for the store.exe process is at about 600meg. I restarted the server
> and it's now at about 200meg.
>
> Does that look right? I am not an exchange guru so any help would be
> great. Also, can you point me to any sites that deal with exchange
> management.
>
> Thanks

Sounds about right to me. Your store will use as much memory as
possible. When you reboot it will start low and rise again as the
store sees fit. If this is not causing any performance issues then I
wouldn't worry about it. If so, run exchange best practice analyzer to
get a performance baseline.

Microsoft Exchange Analyzers
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/2003/bb288481.aspx

How to optimize memory usage in Exchange Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815372

James Chong (MVP)
MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

On Apr 4, 1:28 pm, "Paul" <pau...@NOSPAM.iu08.org> wrote:
> I only have about 300 mailboxes
>
> "Paul" <pau...@NOSPAM.iu08.org> wrote in message

> > Hello all
>
> > I am having some strange things happening on my exchange server and when
> > looking at a few things in the task manager I noticed that the memory
> > usage for the store.exe process is at about 600meg. I restarted the server
> > and it's now at about 200meg.
>
> > Does that look right? I am not an exchange guru so any help would be
> > great. Also, can you point me to any sites that deal with exchange
> > management.
>
> > Thanks- Hide quoted text -

jamestechman (1266)
4/4/2007 5:49:40 PM
"Jamestechman" <jamestechman@gmail.com> wrote:

>Sounds about right to me. Your store will use as much memory as
>possible.

Well, not really. It should only use about 1.2GB - 1.3GB (unless
you've modified the default configuration).

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Exch 2003 store.exe terminates when ESM Replication Status selected
Exch 2003 SP1 on W2K SP4 - had been 5.5 until moving to Exch 2K swing server. 5.5 removed and Exch 2003 SP1 installed, seemingly OK. Weird problem - if I click on ESM->Administrative groups-> group ->Servers-> server->First Storage Group->Public Folder Store(server) and then click on Replication Status, after a delay I recieve a popup saying, "An error occurred while retrieving the requested information. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is unavailable. ID no: c103047d Exchange System Manager...

Multi Store Vouchers
I do not see a way for this to work. I want to be able to give out store credit to our customers but there does not seem a way to make this work for multiple stores. In a single store setup everything is stored in the Voucher table. These vouchers are uploaded during the HQ synchronization but each store does not have access to other stores voucher's. Does anyone have any insight on how I could get this resolved? Thanks, Dan I take it you are trying to issue Store Credit for returns, not actually trying to implement a voucher system for gift cards/certificates. If this is corre...

Stored Procedure error message
Hi, I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, tables are creating properly. But the issue is after login into Great Plains I am getting the following error "The Stored Procedure GrantAccess() of form Sql maintenance : 69: pass through Sql returned the following results :DBMS :15151, Microsoft Dynamics GP:0" Any Idea Please... Jack Hi Friends, I got the solution my slef and issue has resolved.. Thanks, Jack "Jack" wrote: > Hi, > > I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, > table...

why does minimizing my app cut mem usage by 90%?
I have an MFC application that upon startup uses about 20MB of memory according to task manager. I noticed that if I minimize the app, memory goes down to about 1MB to 2MB and never returns to 20MB even if I restore the app. I noticed every other app does this as well. VStudio from 50MB to about 3MB, Outlook from 57MB to 5MB, etc. Seems like some garbage collection is getting called or something? How can I trigger this behavior without programatically minimizing my app which looks ugly on the screen. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q293215 "Nobody" <...

HQ/Store date mismatch
We just deployed our 3rd store and eveyrthing was working fine, transactions were being uploaded and everything. Then, the store ops DB computer got moved, and I guess at some point someone changed the date on the computer to be a month in advance. Now, all of our transactions from 4/25/2006 to 4/27/2006 are actually in the DB as 5/25/2006 to 5/27/2006. I just discovered the problem and changed the date on the Store Ops machine, but I don't know what the best way to fix these transactions is, or if it is even possible. What I'd like to do is go change all of these transac...

Outlook XP autofill To field
Outlook XP ... When typing in names in the To field of new messages Outlook will start to show names that have either already been typed, sent to or appear in the Contact list. Where is this "autofill" list kept? Is it user accessible? I'd like to get rid of some of the names that are not already in my Contacts. You can just use the down arrow key to highlight a name that is incorrect or whose address has changed and press delete. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding ...

Average Sales per Store
Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for Department and Category if possible. I have tried to modify it myself, but I'm a beginner at this and I keep coming up short. One other thing that may be useful is if it can summarize by date also - would be nice to see how the values change over the course of a week or so. "Jason Kelton" wrote: > Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in > CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for D...

STMAP.EXE application error
I run 2003 Outlook professional on my PC and our email runs through Exchange Server. I started getting "STMAP.EXE Application Error" and STMAPI errors about 2 months ago. Happens at random times and I sometimes get the STMAPI error when shutting down Outlook. The Stmap.exe error gives me these details - The instruction at "0x774fdf0b" referenced memory at "0x00000028". The memory could not be "Read". STmapi error states - STMAPI has encountered a problem and needs to Close. In the viewer pane it says - "This item cannot be displayed ...

Virtual SMTP Server causing inetinfo.exe to use load of RAM
Hi ALL I have an Exchange Server 2000(SP3) running on a Windows Server 2000 (SP4) box. As soon as I start the Default SMTP Virtual Server the inetinfo.exe steadily eats all the remaining RAM up and stalls the server. I have spent ages googling on this one alas to no avail. Any help or guidance welcome Martin "Martin" <martin@purplespot.co.uk> wrote: >I have an Exchange Server 2000(SP3) running on a Windows Server 2000 (SP4) >box. As soon as I start the Default SMTP Virtual Server the inetinfo.exe >steadily eats all the remaining RAM up and stalls the serve...

Store Credit multi Store
Good Day, Can someone give advice about how to set up Store Credits for a multi store enterprise. Currently the client use store credits/vouchers at store location only and can only redeem a Store Credit where it was issued. We would like to set it up so that they can redeem a store credit at any store location no matter where it was issued. Three stores connected via HQ. Thanks in Advance. I believe you can set up an account type and call it 'store credit' or something, then when you enter the new customer information for the person receiving store credit you simply assig...

Word uses up a lot of memory
When I open a file of Word97-03, it uses up a lot of memory. eg. My RAM is 4GB and it uses up 1,002,188K for WINWORD.EXE Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Word. Should you do that, it might help the responder to know more about your setup. What version of Word are you using? What Operating System? What else is running at the same time and so on. Good luck! -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele...

w3wp.exe
Occaisionally we see that the w3wp.exe process on exchange maxes out the cpu to 100%. On the days theis happens nothing special is going on and I cannot find anything that gives a clue to the cause of this. Any direction would be helpful. On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 06:53:02 -0700, srollwest <srollwest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Occaisionally we see that the w3wp.exe process on exchange maxes out the cpu >to 100%. >On the days theis happens nothing special is going on and I cannot find >anything that gives a clue to the cause of this. Any direction would be >hel...

Multiple iexplorer.exe on task manager
Everyone is having the same problem. We all download the same "virus", "spyware" etc... Maybe it is in the MS updates...hmm... I have the same problem and here is how it went. Multiple iexplorer.exe, close Iexplorer and 1 to 6 stay in task manager. Read post after post, ran virus scans after virus scans, ran spyware scans and more spyware scans. I gave up! Had a brand new hard drive that I have been wanting to put in my laptop so I decide to redo os on laptop. Loaded OS, Laptop Drivers, and MS updates and that is it, nothing eles. guess what?? as I'm typing...

Public Folder Store Present on Front-Ends
I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started queueing up and did not start again until I mounted the stores. Why would this be when Microsoft recommends it and what does the PF store have to do with mail flow? I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Tyson <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public >folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started >queueing up and did no...

Copying hotbuttons from store to store?
I have 10 hotbuttons set up in one of our stores and need to copy it to 8 other stores. Is there a certain file I can copy instead of remaking them for each store? Thanks ...

Custom views
I have vers 2002 SP2 When I open an prev backup outlook.pst file, everything seems to be there, including my custom print styles, EXCEPT MY CUSTOM VIEWS ARE MISSING FROM THE VIEW/CURRENT VIEW MENU! Are they not included in outlook.pst file? This has happened twice to me, once a couple of versions ago ...

New stores exported from HQ get original store's configuration....
In a headquarters / store operations environment, are configuration settings "centrally maintained data" that get exported from HQ when a new store is created from HQ? In other words, do the new stores get the configuration settings assigned to the first store in store ops manager - file - configuration - accounts/ordering/inventory/options/etc tabs....? Thanks for any insights. the short answer is no. But it does get some (finding this out as we go). Inventory yes, Ordering dependson what you mean, accounts yes you can send that down, options no. "convoluted" w...

JTDS support for shared memory access
Can anyone tell me if JTDS supports shared memory access? I would like to access the DB with TCP and Named Pipe DISABLED Appreciate your replies. Thanks! From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/118_0_0_0_0_0/microsoft-public-sqlserver-server.htm Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups http://www.developmentnow.com/g/ On 2010-03-12 2:48, xbluewho wrote: > Can anyone tell me if JTDS supports shared memory access? > No, it doesn't. > I would like to access the DB with TCP and Named Pipe DISABLED > Then you're out of luck. jTDS requires at least one of those. ...

Restoring Exchange Store files to a new server
We had a major system crash this week but I was able to grab the entire exchsrv directory from the server. What files do I need to copy to the new server to get all of my exchange mail/public folders/etc loaded on the new server? Thanks, CJ What version of Exchange? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Curious Joe" <joebob.johnson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160176822.798021.310710@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > We had a major system crash this week but I was able to grab the entire > exchsrv director...

default store for mailboxes?
I created a second mailbox store that I moved all of my users into except for the disabled accounts and the Admin account. I created a user in AD "Users and Computers", but the user isn't showing up in either store under the Exchange Admin tool. Do I need to specify which store is the default for newly created users? (Exchange 2003 Enterprise) On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:16:02 -0800, Cwhitmore <Cwhitmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I created a second mailbox store that I moved all of my users into except for >the disabled accounts and the Admin account. >...

Recreate stores on a/a/p 2003 cluster
After a SAN disaster (don't ask!) i've got member nodes and virtual servers up running with new disks, but all stores are unmounted as the files were lost during the crash. For a Legato Networker restore it seems that the database files are required to be present. What is the recommended way to recreate the .edb and .stm files? I'm not happy with running setup /disasterrecovery on an otherwise healthy cluster unless I have to. Ole Thomsen FUT: microsoft.public.exchange.clustering ...

Timeout/Out of memory
We have a CRM implementation with an unusually large number of Resource Groups (more than 10,000) as they are used for both skills and geographical breakup. The problem is that CRM's handliong of this is less than ideal in the System User dialog and whenever a user selected the "Resource Groups" related view or "Serivces" related view we get timeouts followed by an Out of Memory exception which kills the w3wp process. I have discovered from the logging that the system queries each group in the system in turn to see if the user is a member or not, one at a time. Not a...

Store Credit Without Sale
I have a 3 day special 5% off on all item, but I have some customers in the store with a credit that has $20 and it say's no special sale or discount with this store credit on any items. How do I override the 5% sale, so the customer won't get the discount on those days. Can anyone help. Do I need to put a barcode or do something. Hi Al - Scan the items, then go to shift f3 discount - select discount off RETAIL - percent zero - ok - this should remove the sale price from the receipt. Hope this helps... "al" wrote: > I have a 3 day special 5% off on all ...

Genertic Host Process & svchost.exe application error.
Hi. I just frankly need help, period. I am writing this before class and hope for an answer soon. To begin with, I am not tech savy. My laptop originally was erased clean and started everything from stratch by my boyfriend, who is tech savy. It went fine from then. I got a Windows Pro SP3 from that. I'm a little fuzzy with the time line, but I assume it went like this: two weeks later, I installed HP for the printer, my roommate's printer. And I think the problems started after but I am not sure. But I have uninstalled HP just in case and am wary of it now. But that didn&...

Can't make exe
I have a project on a Vista 64 bit machine that I just transfered from an XP system. When I try to make the exe, it tells me that the license information for this component is not found and I don't have the appropriate license information to use it in the design environment. Unfortunately the message does not say which component it is. The strange thing is that I can run the program in the design environment and all screens are funtioning ok, I even started it with the full compile option and everything seems to be working fine. I also brought up each screen in the environ...