Store.exe is taking up all the memory and it freezing the server

We are using Exchange 2K SP3 I have notice that store.exe is running and it
is taking up all the memory and it is causing the exchange server to freeze
and I have to reboot. This is becoming a problem, I have to reboot the
machine 2X a day. I have to reboot first thing in the morning around 8:00
then again at around 4:30pm Do any one know why Store.exe take up so much
memory?  How can I fix this problem where store.exe will not take up so much
memory  and cause the server to freeze?

Thanks for your help,
0
Kevin105 (377)

What errors are you getting in your event logs? Are you running standar
server or advanced server? How much Ram do you have in your server? I
paticular look for errors related to fragmented virtual memory.

Joh

--
vernonc

vernonco's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=211

Kevin:
    How much physical RAM does your server have?  And how much is STORE.EXE
taking up when you look in task manager?   STORE.EXE will generally allocate
a LOT of memory; this is a feature.  On a server with 4GB of RAM, don't be
surprised to see STORE.EXE using 1.5GB of RAM.  On a server with 1GB of RAM,
don't be surprised to see it using up to 700 - 800MB.

    If you are running Windows 2003 and your server has more than 1GB of
RAM, add the /3GB /USERVA=3030 switches to your BOOT.INI.  That may help.

    Here is a blog entry I wrote on this that has a lot of links that may be
helpful.
http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2005/05/exchange-2003-windows-2003-sp1-and-pae.html

--
Jim McBee
Blog:     http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

"Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are using Exchange 2K SP3 I have notice that store.exe is running and
> it
> is taking up all the memory and it is causing the exchange server to
> freeze
> and I have to reboot. This is becoming a problem, I have to reboot the
> machine 2X a day. I have to reboot first thing in the morning around 8:00
> then again at around 4:30pm Do any one know why Store.exe take up so much
> memory?  How can I fix this problem where store.exe will not take up so
> much
> memory  and cause the server to freeze?
>
> Thanks for your help,

0
jmcbee9404 (625)
6/10/2005 8:14:58 PM
We are using Windows 2000 with SP4 and Exchange 2000
The machine has 1 gb of RAM. Store.exe is taking up 715mb. When Store.exe
starts to take up more ram it causes the server to slow down to a crawl. Then
I have to reboot the server. Is there a way where I can have Store.exe set to
not take up so much ram?

"Jim McBee (MVP)" wrote:

> Kevin:
>     How much physical RAM does your server have?  And how much is STORE.EXE
> taking up when you look in task manager?   STORE.EXE will generally allocate
> a LOT of memory; this is a feature.  On a server with 4GB of RAM, don't be
> surprised to see STORE.EXE using 1.5GB of RAM.  On a server with 1GB of RAM,
> don't be surprised to see it using up to 700 - 800MB.
>
>     If you are running Windows 2003 and your server has more than 1GB of
> RAM, add the /3GB /USERVA=3030 switches to your BOOT.INI.  That may help.
>
>     Here is a blog entry I wrote on this that has a lot of links that may be
> helpful.
> http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2005/05/exchange-2003-windows-2003-sp1-and-pae.html
>
> --
> Jim McBee
> Blog:     http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
> Stuff:    http://geekbargains.blogspot.com
> Web:    http://www.somorita.com
>

> "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are using Exchange 2K SP3 I have notice that store.exe is running and
> > it
> > is taking up all the memory and it is causing the exchange server to
> > freeze
> > and I have to reboot. This is becoming a problem, I have to reboot the
> > machine 2X a day. I have to reboot first thing in the morning around 8:00
> > then again at around 4:30pm Do any one know why Store.exe take up so much
> > memory?  How can I fix this problem where store.exe will not take up so
> > much
> > memory  and cause the server to freeze?
> >
> > Thanks for your help,

0
Kevin105 (377)
6/13/2005 1:29:02 PM
On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 06:29:02 -0700, "Kevin"
<Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We are using Windows 2000 with SP4 and Exchange 2000
>The machine has 1 gb of RAM. Store.exe is taking up 715mb. When Store.exe
>starts to take up more ram it causes the server to slow down to a crawl. Then
>I have to reboot the server. Is there a way where I can have Store.exe set to
>not take up so much ram?

The store process WILL take as much memory as it can, as that's what
it's designed to do. Are you absolutely sure the server is crashing
because of this, or are you jumping to conclusions based on the memory
usage? (Sorry, but when I first started in Exchange, I saw the store
eating 1.5Gb and assumed the worst!)
0
spam1754 (19)
6/13/2005 3:56:15 PM
I don't think I'm jumping to conclusions. The server is crawling when
Store.exe get over the 400 mb range. I can not even open Event Viewer or
System Manager when store.exe is over the 400mb range.  This morning when I
got in Store.exe was at 560 mb and I had to restart the server because it was
taking to long for anything to open up. Once I restart the server then
everything is fine.

"Richard Sobey" wrote:
> The store process WILL take as much memory as it can, as that's what
> it's designed to do. Are you absolutely sure the server is crashing
> because of this, or are you jumping to conclusions based on the memory
> usage? (Sorry, but when I first started in Exchange, I saw the store
> eating 1.5Gb and assumed the worst!)

> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 06:29:02 -0700, "Kevin"
> <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >We are using Windows 2000 with SP4 and Exchange 2000
> >The machine has 1 gb of RAM. Store.exe is taking up 715mb. When Store.exe
> >starts to take up more ram it causes the server to slow down to a crawl. Then
> >I have to reboot the server. Is there a way where I can have Store.exe set to
> >not take up so much ram?

0
Kevin105 (377)
6/13/2005 4:35:05 PM
What's your CPU usage at the time things start crawling? Normally high CPU
usage affects system speed more than high memory usage. I mean, when things
start to crawl (eg: take a few minutes for any window to pop up after
clicking), the CPU is too busy doing something (CPU usage is 90% or more).

I'm running Exch5.5 on an old machine (P2 - 350MHz) with 256MB of memory
(don't laugh) to host 25 mailboxes. Store.exe uses 190MB constantly. There
is no significant speed difference between after restart and after running
for months. Nothing slows down to crawl.

Perhaps it is time to call MS PSS.

> I don't think I'm jumping to conclusions. The server is crawling when
> Store.exe get over the 400 mb range. I can not even open Event Viewer or
> System Manager when store.exe is over the 400mb range.  This morning when
> got in Store.exe was at 560 mb and I had to restart the server because it
was
> taking to long for anything to open up. Once I restart the server then
> everything is fine.
>
> "Richard Sobey" wrote:
> > The store process WILL take as much memory as it can, as that's what
> > it's designed to do. Are you absolutely sure the server is crashing
> > because of this, or are you jumping to conclusions based on the memory
> > usage? (Sorry, but when I first started in Exchange, I saw the store
> > eating 1.5Gb and assumed the worst!)
>
> > On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 06:29:02 -0700, "Kevin"
> > <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >We are using Windows 2000 with SP4 and Exchange 2000
> > >The machine has 1 gb of RAM. Store.exe is taking up 715mb. When
Store.exe
> > >starts to take up more ram it causes the server to slow down to a
crawl. Then
> > >I have to reboot the server. Is there a way where I can have Store.exe
set to
> > >not take up so much ram?

Exch 2003 store.exe terminates when ESM Replication Status selected
Exch 2003 SP1 on W2K SP4 - had been 5.5 until moving to Exch 2K swing server. 5.5 removed and Exch 2003 SP1 installed, seemingly OK. Weird problem - if I click on ESM->Administrative groups-> group ->Servers-> server->First Storage Group->Public Folder Store(server) and then click on Replication Status, after a delay I recieve a popup saying, "An error occurred while retrieving the requested information. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is unavailable. ID no: c103047d Exchange System Manager...

Pivot Table Freezes
I have many pivot tables off a large database and they periodically freeze when I refresh the data. Only solution is to crash out. Any ideas, comments, solutions out there. The machine has been checked out OK. I work on a network - checked out OK. Maybe this is the problem: XL2000: PivotTable Updated Slowly with OLAP Data Source http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=237469 Jimbo wrote: > I have many pivot tables off a large database and they periodically freeze > when I refresh the data. Only solution is to crash out. Any ideas, comments, > solutions out there....

Multi Store Vouchers
I do not see a way for this to work. I want to be able to give out store credit to our customers but there does not seem a way to make this work for multiple stores. In a single store setup everything is stored in the Voucher table. These vouchers are uploaded during the HQ synchronization but each store does not have access to other stores voucher's. Does anyone have any insight on how I could get this resolved? Thanks, Dan I take it you are trying to issue Store Credit for returns, not actually trying to implement a voucher system for gift cards/certificates. If this is corre...

Stored Procedure error message
Hi, I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, tables are creating properly. But the issue is after login into Great Plains I am getting the following error "The Stored Procedure GrantAccess() of form Sql maintenance : 69: pass through Sql returned the following results :DBMS :15151, Microsoft Dynamics GP:0" Any Idea Please... Jack Hi Friends, I got the solution my slef and issue has resolved.. Thanks, Jack "Jack" wrote: > Hi, > > I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, > table...

Meeting Requests and Leave Mail On Server
If I have our PCs set up to Leave Mail On Server and Remove when Deleted from Delete Items, what happens to meeting request emails? When I click Accept, does outlook basically delete the email and then remove it from the deleted items folder so the email gets removed from the server or do I have to manually do something? I don't want hundreds of meeting request emails sitting out on our server after I accept/decline them. Thanks. ...

HQ/Store date mismatch
We just deployed our 3rd store and eveyrthing was working fine, transactions were being uploaded and everything. Then, the store ops DB computer got moved, and I guess at some point someone changed the date on the computer to be a month in advance. Now, all of our transactions from 4/25/2006 to 4/27/2006 are actually in the DB as 5/25/2006 to 5/27/2006. I just discovered the problem and changed the date on the Store Ops machine, but I don't know what the best way to fix these transactions is, or if it is even possible. What I'd like to do is go change all of these transac...

Outlook XP autofill To field
Outlook XP ... When typing in names in the To field of new messages Outlook will start to show names that have either already been typed, sent to or appear in the Contact list. Where is this "autofill" list kept? Is it user accessible? I'd like to get rid of some of the names that are not already in my Contacts. You can just use the down arrow key to highlight a name that is incorrect or whose address has changed and press delete. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding ...

Copying Between Databases Without Linked Servers?
I have a SQL Server 2005 machine called "Dest" and a 2008 machine called "Source" and a 2008 machine called "Console". Each has the same SQL account with appropriate permissions and rights on all 3 to do anything. Without using a linked server, how can I sit at "Console" and execute a "select into" fromthe "Source" database to the "Dest" database? Thanks. "SnapDive" <SnapDive@community.nospam> wrote in message news:qcurk5dp3cem0l63d19io59nemtjv88534@4ax.com... >I have a SQL Server 200...

Upgrading Great Plains 6.00 database from SQL Server 2000 to 2008
Hello, I have a client that uses GP 6.00g45 with SQL Server 2000 for the database. Does anyone know of any reason why that installation could not be upgraded to use SQL Server 2008? The only thing that comes to mind is different connection protocols. TIA, -- Greg Wilkerson Greg, You mean you want to run GP 6.0 on SQL 2008? Since GP 6.0 is not supported anymore, I suppose it really doesn't matter that's it's also not supported on SQL 2008? You would have to try it and see if it works. I would be curious to see if anyone has tried this, my guess would be that you...

Exchange Server Courses
I located the following titles and dates of courses scheduled to be held in Chicago: 2400 Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 03-26-07 2400 Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 05-14-07 2400 Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 07-16-07 Send me a reply for more details. -- VCM Network ...

November 2004 Update Rollup for Exchange Server 5.5
Hello. Over the last few weeks my Exchange 5.5 SP4 server has been crashing mysteriously. The Information Store crashes and after I reboot the server everything is fine again. We have a mix of Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 clients. I noticed that there is a November 2004 Update Rollup for Exchange Server 5.5 which appears to address this issue. How can I tell if the network administrator before me applied this update to the server? Would it be listed under ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS? I would really appreciate the help. Thanks. On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:51:51 -0500, "Corbin O'Reilly&q...

Average Sales per Store
Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for Department and Category if possible. I have tried to modify it myself, but I'm a beginner at this and I keep coming up short. One other thing that may be useful is if it can summarize by date also - would be nice to see how the values change over the course of a week or so. "Jason Kelton" wrote: > Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in > CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for D...

STMAP.EXE application error
I run 2003 Outlook professional on my PC and our email runs through Exchange Server. I started getting "STMAP.EXE Application Error" and STMAPI errors about 2 months ago. Happens at random times and I sometimes get the STMAPI error when shutting down Outlook. The Stmap.exe error gives me these details - The instruction at "0x774fdf0b" referenced memory at "0x00000028". The memory could not be "Read". STmapi error states - STMAPI has encountered a problem and needs to Close. In the viewer pane it says - "This item cannot be displayed ...

Report server Error 07-01-04
After Installing MSCRM I get the following message when trying to access Reports : The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content and then restart the service. Check the documentation for more information. (rsReportServerDisabled) Get Online Help Bad Data. I found "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 842421 " that states the exact Error message but in their case it's caused because the user account that is used to run the Repo...

Virtual SMTP Server causing inetinfo.exe to use load of RAM
Hi ALL I have an Exchange Server 2000(SP3) running on a Windows Server 2000 (SP4) box. As soon as I start the Default SMTP Virtual Server the inetinfo.exe steadily eats all the remaining RAM up and stalls the server. I have spent ages googling on this one alas to no avail. Any help or guidance welcome Martin "Martin" <martin@purplespot.co.uk> wrote: >I have an Exchange Server 2000(SP3) running on a Windows Server 2000 (SP4) >box. As soon as I start the Default SMTP Virtual Server the inetinfo.exe >steadily eats all the remaining RAM up and stalls the serve...

Store Credit multi Store
Good Day, Can someone give advice about how to set up Store Credits for a multi store enterprise. Currently the client use store credits/vouchers at store location only and can only redeem a Store Credit where it was issued. We would like to set it up so that they can redeem a store credit at any store location no matter where it was issued. Three stores connected via HQ. Thanks in Advance. I believe you can set up an account type and call it 'store credit' or something, then when you enter the new customer information for the person receiving store credit you simply assig...

Word uses up a lot of memory
When I open a file of Word97-03, it uses up a lot of memory. eg. My RAM is 4GB and it uses up 1,002,188K for WINWORD.EXE Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Word. Should you do that, it might help the responder to know more about your setup. What version of Word are you using? What Operating System? What else is running at the same time and so on. Good luck! -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele...

SQL Server 2005 sp3 Query Execution Issue
I am running this really complicated olap query on my workstation (xp 64 bit) which takes roughly 8 minutes to complete. During execution the cpu utilization is pushing 100% but oscilates. When I run the same query against a db containing the same data on windows server 2003 on a machine which is much more powerfull with scsi hard drives, it executes forever. The log looks good. However, the cpu utilization is at rest at 100% and memory is growing over time. Any troubleshooting suggestions is greately appreciated. Thanks in advance RG Indexes are speed up the queries. ...

Changing Server Administrator Password Prevents Exchange 5.5 startup
Have what is perceived as a problem with a simple solution. Routine change of password on Windows NT 4 server with Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 installed, prevents start up of Exchange server on reboot (related service had not started message). Any clues ? Is it safe to assume that you reviewed this link or the ones off from it? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274814 -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "rsx" <rsx@rsx.com.au> wrote in message news:81RAb.43822$aT.19967@news-serv...

OWA Exchange Server 2003
I have recently installed Microsoft Exchange server 2003 which was almost a great success. However my owa from outside just says loading... This works internaly however. I have looked at several Faq's one pointed at turning off integrated windows authentication another at kerberos time skew's. Have even tried setting at as a trusted site. None of these worked :-( Any Ideas welcome How about: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=330220 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=322185 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=280823 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, c...

w3wp.exe
Occaisionally we see that the w3wp.exe process on exchange maxes out the cpu to 100%. On the days theis happens nothing special is going on and I cannot find anything that gives a clue to the cause of this. Any direction would be helpful. On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 06:53:02 -0700, srollwest <srollwest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Occaisionally we see that the w3wp.exe process on exchange maxes out the cpu >to 100%. >On the days theis happens nothing special is going on and I cannot find >anything that gives a clue to the cause of this. Any direction would be >hel...

Multiple iexplorer.exe on task manager
Everyone is having the same problem. We all download the same "virus", "spyware" etc... Maybe it is in the MS updates...hmm... I have the same problem and here is how it went. Multiple iexplorer.exe, close Iexplorer and 1 to 6 stay in task manager. Read post after post, ran virus scans after virus scans, ran spyware scans and more spyware scans. I gave up! Had a brand new hard drive that I have been wanting to put in my laptop so I decide to redo os on laptop. Loaded OS, Laptop Drivers, and MS updates and that is it, nothing eles. guess what?? as I'm typing...

Public Folder Store Present on Front-Ends
I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started queueing up and did not start again until I mounted the stores. Why would this be when Microsoft recommends it and what does the PF store have to do with mail flow? I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Tyson <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public >folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started >queueing up and did no...

Terminal Server based Outlook 2007 printing hieroglyphics
We are running terminal services(Server 2008 R2) with Outlook 2007 installed (SP2). No other Office components are installed. When printing emails, (all other printing is fine), the text becomes compressed and looks like hieroglyphics. 1. I have tried removing all printer drivers and re-installing the drivers with no luck. 2. I have also applied the lastest patches and Service packs to the server and Outlook. 3. I have tried using different types of drivers with each printer ie. PS, MS, PCL5e, PCL6 etc with no luck. Any help would be appreciated as users are getting very fr...

I keep having to force quit MS Word It also Freezes screen often
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I keep having to force quit MS Word. It won't quit when I hit quit. It also seems to Freeze the screen often and I have to restart. Help? Without having so much as an indication what version of Office you're using it's impossible to suggest anything other than the fundamentals; 1- Make sure your version of Office is fully updated, 2- Make sure OS X is fully updated, 3- Run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions, 4- Restart your Mac. If you continue to have a problem reply here with version specific in...