Storage Limit question

Using Exchange 2003/sp1  sometimes when a user goes over
their mailbox limit and we increase their limit it takes
ours for their mailbox to "unlock" and allow them to send.
This doesn't happen all the time only occasionally but
when it does happen nothing will seem to unlock it.
Restarting the clients outlook or rebooting has no
affect.  It still sees them as over them limit even if
remove limits all together. Then sometime hours later it
will catch up.  Doesn't matter if local user or user in
remote office with steady WAN connection. Tried Outlook
and OWA client both still see mailbox as over limit.

Any Ideas?

Just as a aside i know getting under the limit would be a
obvious solutions but unfortunately that is not how it
works at my company.  That's why limits are basically
worthless.

0
anonymous (74717)

You set the size limitation in ADUC, while Exchange mailbox store holds this
configuration. So, they need time to get sync. You can also manually update
the RUS in ESM.

The default update data time is every 15 mins?

"Craig" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> Wrote
:4b6101c524b6$c4abfa20$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> Using Exchange 2003/sp1  sometimes when a user goes over
> their mailbox limit and we increase their limit it takes
> ours for their mailbox to "unlock" and allow them to send.
> This doesn't happen all the time only occasionally but
> when it does happen nothing will seem to unlock it.
> Restarting the clients outlook or rebooting has no
> affect.  It still sees them as over them limit even if
> remove limits all together. Then sometime hours later it
> will catch up.  Doesn't matter if local user or user in
> remote office with steady WAN connection. Tried Outlook
> and OWA client both still see mailbox as over limit.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Just as a aside i know getting under the limit would be a
> obvious solutions but unfortunately that is not how it
> works at my company.  That's why limits are basically
> worthless.

0
Les
3/9/2005 4:25:35 PM
Yes every 15 minutes but I hadn't thought of forcing a RUS
synch so thanks for the tip.

0
anonymous (74717)

Limit everyone mailbox usage
In exchange 5.5 is there a way to limit the users of the everyone mailbox? Thanks, John "John" <johnmo@ci.kennewick.wa.us> wrote: >In exchange 5.5 is there a way to limit the users of the >everyone mailbox? There's no "Everyone" mailbox unless you created one. If you don;t want someone to use the mailbox then make sure they aren't assigned the role of "User" on that mailbox. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

listview insert question
I am really having a time determining what is wrong with the inserting from a dropdownlist inside a listview. Everything else is working regarding the listview, except the insert. But, there must partially working as there is a new row added to the table, just not with information. When I add SelectedValue='<%# Bind("ApplicationItemID") %>' to the droplist I get an error. The error is as follows; "Databinding methods such as Eval(), XPath(), and Bind() can only be used in the context of a databound control." I have an insertcommand a...

Argument Limits
I am trying to use "IF" statements to figure a value for mortgage insurance but after a number of statements that work fine, the formula quits working. Is there a limit on characters or number of arguments. I have 9 products (they can be grouped into 2 groups) and 4 downpayment brackets that determine the MI rate, i.e. 30 YR FIXED,80.01-85% down,MI rate is .32% so monthly MI would be (loan amount*.0032/12) Any suggestions w/o programming would be appreciated. Robert Hi Robert, See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/nested.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Exc...

Advanced Find Limits
I was wondering what the limits on Advanced Find are. Does anyone know what the max records returned is? My experience so far is 10,000 records, does that sound correct? Thanks for any info. Hey there, yes the max # of records is 10,000. Find 10,000 limiting?? So did we! Check out this guy's blog on how to cheat the system. http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2006/11/maximum-amount-of-records-in-excel.html "dmiller" wrote: > I was wondering what the limits on Advanced Find are. Does anyone know what > the max records returned is? My experience so far is 10,000 rec...

Countif Question
=COUNTIF(R12:R1008,">0") Instead of this formula I want it to count every fourth cell. So starting with R12, then it would count r16,r20, r24, etc. How do I do that? Thanks Assuming there's no text in any of the target cells... =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(R12:R1008)-ROW(R12),4)=0),--(R12:R1008>0)) If there might be text in some of the target cells: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(R12:R1008)-ROW(R12),4)=0),--(ISNUMBER(R12:R1008)),--(R12:R1008>0)) Note that this formula is robust against row insertions *before* the referenced range. However, if you insert new ...

Question about IAccessible in MSAA
Hai, Can IAccessible interface be used for ActiveX Controls like FlexGrid etc.. Actually the MSDN doccumentation says that IAccessible can be used for UI Elements and iam looking to use IAccessible for ActiveX (Flexgrid) and its giving an error and can any one please help me in that Thanks and Regards suresh ...

Msg Box question
I have several reports that are run by queries. Most of these queries have date range parameters that must be entered by the operator. I have one query that I ask only for a week ending date. This is driving mgmt nuts because they are used to entering a beginning date first, followed by the ending date. I hard wire the beginning date myself. How can I get a msg box to pop up to tell people what my hardwired date is? Ideas? I believe you're describing pop-up Parameter Input Boxes, not message boxes. One option is to use a form to enter the parameter values rather than simply h...

How to create a blank storage group and also remove storage groups
Hello everyone, I have moved my mailboxes to another server but I will still like to keep the previous server running for the SMTP gateway and site connectors, etc. I like to get rid of the storage goups first. Can I just go and delete the mailbox stores and then the storage groups, or is there any other process I need to do? Also I know I have to keep the default "First storage group/Mailbox Store (servername)" alive for the services to run since the system attendent account is on it, but I like to empty the database. Although I have moved all the mailboxes but the dat...

how do I limit trendline data
I have a sinple graph with data for 12 months plus a YTD line. When I set a trend line it includes the YTD data. How can I only show the trend for the 12 months Plot the 12 months data seperately (i.e., as an additional series). Now, create a trendline for that series. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <C9E472EE-9FF4-467E-AA0E-3C668AFD926C@microsoft.com>, Johnj_ 911@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I have a sinple graph with data for 12 months plus a YTD line. When ...

Excel Formula/Worksheet maybe Macro Question
OK. Heres what I want to do. I have my cell phone bill in Excel format and I want to write a macro or get a formula together to go through and sum up all the minutes by phone number. So basically I have 555-5551 | 5 555-5552 | 3 555-5551 | 3 555-5553 | 4 555-5552 | 10 555-5551 | 2 I want to generate another worksheet or table like this 555-5551 | 10 555-5552 | 13 555-5553 | 4 Any suggestions on how to go about doing this? Tutorials or what have you. I have very limited experience with Visual Basic within Office and I've used the SUMIF function before to generate what I want but I ...

Can I retrieve deleted storage folders
Can I retrieve deleted storage folders, before closing the window of course. I am thinking of the " Reopen closed tap" action on windows 8. - Thanks, Otzi Your deleted storage folders should be in the "Deleted items" folder within "Storage folders" if you haven't emptied the Deleted items folder. Just move (or drag) them from "Deleted items" to where you want it to be. "otzi" <otzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BED1801-6F70-4269-B04A-5887715BB880@microsoft.com... > Can I retrieve deleted storage ...

Critical NTBackup question re Exchange 2003
If one uses NTBACKUP to backup an Exchange 2003 Storage group to a file and then looks at the file in the Restore tab afterwards, the GUI displays some disturbing info after you catalog the file, namely that the Size is 0 KB. I can see subfolders under the Storage Group such as Log Files, Mailbox Store and Public Folders Store and *both* the backup log reports and the Event Log indicate that the backup has been successfull. A .bkf file exists of the right size. I went to try to do a restore of the Log Files to an alternate location to test it, but unfortunately the only option appear...

central storage of .pst files ..
Is there anyway off setting a central files location like a fileserver to store users .pst files , in such a way that which ever pc a user use on the network, their .pst is the same file & thus the emails are always there ? a way seems to me is anyway to deploy a customized package on all pc's that automatically maps that fileserver location for each users individually . input needed thanks On Tue, 17 May 2005 20:09:59 -1000, S t i n g r a y <sting@youbastard.com> wrote: > Is there anyway off setting a central files location like a fileserver to > store users .pst ...

function nesting limitations
I'm trying to write a formula to check for sales totals and then calculate the correct comission. I need to test for nine conditions but Excel limits the nesting to seven. How do I get around this limitation? Look in the help index for LOOKUP or VLOOKUP -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Bitter Clinger" <summit.city@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e4KxqRHPJHA.4780@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to write a formula to check for sales totals and then calculate > the correct comission. I need to test for...

Limiting to one number
I have few fields in excel where I should input numeric data (i.e. days of the week - from 1 to 7) Anybody know how can I limit cell to allowing input on juts one number to prevent wrong input? Limiting decimal places is easy but limiting main numeric field...? Highlight the cell and click on Data->Validation. Select "whole number" in the first box. Select "Between" in the second. And input 1 and 7 as the minimun and maximum. "swen@post.com" wrote: > I have few fields in excel where I should input numeric data (i.e. > days of the week - from 1 to ...

Coustom Data storage Location and Backing up and Restoring stuff.
Hi Everyone Got a question, I have my WINDOWS LIVE MAIL store folder located at: D:\Christopher\Stuff To Keep\Application Data\Christopher's Mail I noticed that when I upgraded to Windows 7 ( 5 days ago ) from Windows XP that I just pointed WLM store folder to that D:\Christopher\Stuff To Keep\Application Data\Christopher's Mail closed WLM and then reopened it and magically all of my folders appeared with ALL of the emails in them just like they were. So my question is, if I ever need to reinstall WIN 7 and I get WLM installed and I just point my WLM to that D:...

Size limit when "sending as" a public folder?
Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003, sp 1 We have a user who is trying to bcc about 100 external email addresses when "sending as" a public folder. She has all rights to "send as." When she does this, she gets the message "The operation failed." She can send the same email, but bcc only about 5 users, and the mail goes out. The body of the email is only about 3K, no attachments. Our size limit on sending mail is 10MB, number of users is 20K. Is there a different size limit on email sent as a public folder? Or in a header when bcc'ing vs. sending exposed addre...

Moving users from Storage Group to Storage Group in Exchange 2003 SP1
I have two questions. We have an Exchange 2003 SP1 cluster setup with multiple Storage Groups that are preset for one of three limits (100 MB, 250 MB, and 500 MB). When migrating from Exchange 5.5, we inventoried users and put them in the Storage Group that best matched their current mailbox size (and, ability to clean <G>). Now, however, we have users that need to be moved to different limit Groups. 1. Is there a utility that would dynamically show mailboxes in each Group, so that we'd know who's where (and it would scan regularly to detect changes). We have a sprea...

Exchange 5.5 private storage defragmentation
Hi All, I have probably a silly question but it has bothered me for the past 3 days. It all started nicely after my private storage reached 16 GB limit. So, I ran eseutil to defragment the database. The database shrunk by a small amount, so I could start Information Store Service before I start archiving user mailboxes. After I archived about 3.5GB I ran the defragmentation ones again. To be honest, I was expecting the new priv.edb to be less by 3.5GB (so naive), but surprise, surprise the file shrunk by 100Mb!! I'm not an exchange guru nor missing a chromosome, but still not getting why ...

attachment question #3
should be easy but I can't find the answer. When I receive and open an email with an attachment - I can see the title of the attachment but I can't find the type (e.g., exe, txt). A right click just gives options like Open or copy. How can I tell what type of attachment it is before I open it? Open Windows Explorer - tools, folder options, view tab. Untick 'hide file extensions for known file types'. old guy wrote: > should be easy but I can't find the answer. > When I receive and open an email with an attachment - I can see the > title of the attachment but...

Storage
Hello I wonder if exists any storage system or anything to have my mailbox and e-mails in a SQL Database. Instead of using a PST file, use a SQL Database (more secure, fastest, visible with other tools)... Any ideas will be appreciated. Regards Rick That's the whole idea behind Exchange Server; your mail is held in a secure database on the server where it's available from anywhere and can be booked up daily. I know of no third party systems that offer anything similar. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-S/U -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -...

design question
Hello Group... This isnt really an exchange question, per-se. But, exchange is the email platform on the back end... so I thought i would ask here. I want to change my environment so that my clients (outlook, outlook express (pop3, imap, owa)) connect directly to my exchange server. No biggie there. I ambuilding another server, on a seperate public IP, that will scan messages for spam and virii. Once scanned, then the messages for the hosted domains will be submitted for delivery to the mailbox server. Now, I am unclear on a couple things. I seem to remember in the past, that specifying a m...

increase Cedit Card Limited
How do I increase credit card limited in Money 2007 when I original setup? Go to the Account Register for the CC card. In the LH column click on "Change account settings". Scroll down in the RH pane to "Change Credit Details" and type in the new limit. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Luan Pham" <louie10@charter.net> wrote in message news:k96i83tv49t5tkjacm1gbgmft9ig52c6ab@4ax.com...

Questions about ESEUTIL
I have recently inmplemented mailbox limits and forced my users to start cleaning up their mailboxes and archiving mail from my Exchange 2000 server. My 100GB Information Store (that's the total size of the EDB and STM files) has now shrunk to 50GB of actual data and likely contains 50GB of blank pages. I do weekly online defrags that show that each database has lots of free space. I will never again be allowing users to freely use all the mailbox space they wish, so the actual amount of data will stay around 50GB and the free space in the IS will never get realocated. I believe a...

Storage Folders Disappear? some times?
when i like to move some messages to storage folders, i did not see some folders that i have created earlier. some times these folders appear and some times disappear, it looks that WLM is affected with some virus? anybody please suggest a solution. Are you "expanding" all of the little arrows to the left of the folder names when you search the storage folders? Do you have View - Layout - folder pane - "Show Storage folders" enabled? "ji" <ji@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14D2AEE5-0AEF-4C80-8798-BF493D454773@microsoft...