Storage Group System File Paths and Clustering

I have a 2 node EX2K3 cluster. I have created 3 storage groups but am
not sure if the system file paths for all 3 groups should point to the
same directory or have seperate directories for each group.

-Brian

0
bjorgenson (31)

It might be worth posting this one into the exchange.clustering

<bjorgenson@charter.net> wrote in message
>I have a 2 node EX2K3 cluster. I have created 3 storage groups but am
> not sure if the system file paths for all 3 groups should point to the
> same directory or have seperate directories for each group.
>
> -Brian

0
exchange.mvp (559)

How do this happen? 2 Personal FIles!
Hi, All of a sudden, I have 2 Personal Folders!!!! They seem identical, and I cannot get rid of one or the other. * The only thing recently changed is the installation of XP SP-2. * All previous XP-Pro updates have been installed * Running Outlook 2000, and all updates are installed (never had any problems with these...they were installed "long ago." Thank you for your help! "Howie" Post your mail support mode of Outlook 2000. Line 2 of Help | About if you don't know. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "stuff" <Howie@*S*P*A*M*AetosCentric.COM...

Access to the path...is denied?
Sorry for cross-posting with the xsl group but this seems like a asp.net xml specifici issue... I'm getting the following error when I try to use a xslt transformation. My function is below. It only happens on our dev server so I'm not sure what line it's occurring on but the function name is listed along with this error. my xlst has a <msxsl:script language="C#"> script block in it and I've read that may be part of the cause, but I don't know why. Access to the path "C:\DOCUME~1\<myserver>~1\ASPNET\LOCALS~1\Temp\blnfv87k.0.cs" is ...

How to create a blank storage group and also remove storage groups
Hello everyone, I have moved my mailboxes to another server but I will still like to keep the previous server running for the SMTP gateway and site connectors, etc. I like to get rid of the storage goups first. Can I just go and delete the mailbox stores and then the storage groups, or is there any other process I need to do? Also I know I have to keep the default "First storage group/Mailbox Store (servername)" alive for the services to run since the system attendent account is on it, but I like to empty the database. Although I have moved all the mailboxes but the dat...

System Manager and Custom MMC
I have a custom MMC in which I have added several snap-ins, however, recently when I attempt to add the System Manager snap-in, the MMC crashes and generates a windows error report. I notice in the security event log, messages about lsass.exe and mmc.exe being logged for the Windows Firewall. I can re-create this behaviour with a number of other snap-ins as well, for example, when attempting to add the Group Policy Management Console, just after clicking OK, the Custom MMC crashes. I get the same result also, when I add the services snap-in, and attempt to connect to another server. ...

Sorting by Group of Cells
I doubt this can be done, but it sure would be handy. Column is grouped by conceptual blocks, (note, there is not second column of unique data) eg: Cheese Cheddar Blue Swiss Bread Italian Bran French I want to sort by alpha so that I get (evenutally): Bread Bran French ... Cheese Blue Cheddar ... Aside from setting up the table in two columns (Bread/Cheese; Types) and making sure Bread/Cheese is in each column-cell that correspondes to the types and THEN sorting - is there another way to do this? Grouping? Protection? thx It sure seems like the easies...

money file too big and more...
Hi, I've been a loyal Money user since the first version. My money file is now 52mb. Archiving doesn't help (goes down to 41), probably because there are so many investment transactions in there and they don't get archived. I am currently using 2003 and tried to upgrade to 2005, but my balances all ended up incorrect. Any way I can continue with my current file or do I have to start from scratch with a new file? I'd like to stick with Money, but if I have to start all over again anyway, it would be a good time to look at other programs. A few years ago, everything w...

opening excel file #2
im using office 2000 sp3. when i try to open an excel file by double click the file or right click the file then Open suddenly the excel open but no workbook open.but when i open the file through the file menu of excel or draging the file in excel, the file open. what is happened to my excel? please help Read my response at this discussion web page. they had problems with .pdf. You may be havving the same problem with .xls. Go to xls instead of pdf in my response. There is a %1 parameter that may be missing in your window explorer when opening EXCEL files. http://www.microsoft...

Publisher file size #2
I created a publisher file with one 800k picture, a little text, and a border. The file turned out to be 11 megs! Why is this so? rainman33 wrote: > I created a publisher file with one 800k picture, a little text, and a > border. The file turned out to be 11 megs! Why is this so? You are using Publisher 2000 or earlier (or possibly 2002). Publisher 2000 and earlier decompress all pictures and save them as uncompressed bitmap images, inflating small JPEG files the most. Publisher 2002 decompresses images and then recompresses them as PNGs, which inflates JPEGs quite a bit ...

forward NDR and other system administrator messages
I want to forward NDR and other system administrator messages to my blackberry. Can this be done? Setting up an alternative recipient works for all other messages. ...

Can I retrieve deleted storage folders
Can I retrieve deleted storage folders, before closing the window of course. I am thinking of the " Reopen closed tap" action on windows 8. - Thanks, Otzi Your deleted storage folders should be in the "Deleted items" folder within "Storage folders" if you haven't emptied the Deleted items folder. Just move (or drag) them from "Deleted items" to where you want it to be. "otzi" <otzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BED1801-6F70-4269-B04A-5887715BB880@microsoft.com... > Can I retrieve deleted storage ...

Email & System Administrator
I am using XP Professional. I have Outlook 2003. When I try to click a link in an email I get the following message: "The operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact the system administrator." I am the only one with an account on the computer. How do I fix this problem???? OL2002: Error Message: This Operation Has Been Cancelled Due to Restrictions in Effect on this Computer... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310049&Product=ol2002 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discu...

Problem converting Money 2002 files to Money 2008
I've downloaded free trial version of Money 2008 for the purpose of converting my Money 2002 files to something Quicken can read. (Changing to Quicken because Microsoft is ending support for Money). Every time I tried to sign into Money 2008, I get a window that hangs up and eventually crashes the program. The window says "Converting file..." with a progress bar that never even begins to fill. If it helps, here are the "Problem Details" after the program crashes: Problem details: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: MSMoney.EXE Appl...

central storage of .pst files ..
Is there anyway off setting a central files location like a fileserver to store users .pst files , in such a way that which ever pc a user use on the network, their .pst is the same file & thus the emails are always there ? a way seems to me is anyway to deploy a customized package on all pc's that automatically maps that fileserver location for each users individually . input needed thanks On Tue, 17 May 2005 20:09:59 -1000, S t i n g r a y <sting@youbastard.com> wrote: > Is there anyway off setting a central files location like a fileserver to > store users .pst ...

Is there a way to recover a deleted file?
I have no idea how or even when, but I deleted a file containing background ..gif and .jpg information. Now my sight looks different (naturally), and some of them are replaceable. When you use other web builders, they "backup" all your old stuff. I can't seem to find any information regarding this possibility with FrontPage. Am I just at the mercy of the cyber gods or is there a solution that I'm going to like? Regards, When you say deleted them do you mean to say you used the "delete" button on your keyboard? If so then these files must...

Problems with coordinate systems
Hello! I don't get this with mappings and coordinate system in MFC. I have a list of coordinates that are in a Cartesian Coordinate System. Where Origo (0,0) is in the center (+x is to the right, -y is down) and each unit are 1/40 of a millimeter or 1/1016 of an Inch. I.e. 40 units are 1 mm. I need to display this on the screen. I using pDC->MoveTo and pDC->LineTo in OnDraw but I can't get anything showing on the screen... I think I'm drawing outside of the screen... How can I get the coordinate systems to match?? // Anders -- English isn't my first, or second, lang...

System Jobs always stuck in "Waiting"
Does anybody know how to troubleshoot the condition of system jobs continue to get stuck in waiting mode? New jobs, such as Matchcode Update - Leads, Matchcode Update - Contacts, and Matchcode Update - Accounts keep being rescheduled when previous like system jobs never complete. Also data imports never complete as a background task - they're also stuck in the waiting mode. I've tried rebooting the server, and canceling all jobs in the queue, but that didn't solve the issue. Thanks in advance for reading this and giving me your tips and ideas. This Solution worked for me...

Can't open Outlook 2000 pst file in Outlook 2007
Hi I'm unable to import Outlook 2000 archived pst file into Office 2007 after upgrading my laptop to Vista from XP and Microsoft Office to 2007 from 2000. The attempt to open the pst file fails with the message: "File access denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." As far as I know, no passwords apply to the file, and when I click on Properties/Security it shows to allow full access. Does anyone know how I can import my old Outlook folder? Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sam how did you move it to the vista machine? is...

How do I get MS Converter (download) to convert a Quatro V9 file?
I have downloaded the MS converter and installed it in MS Office folder. I am trying to convert a Quatro V. 9 (Word Perfect 2000) file. I am using Excel 2003 and have tried to open the file. It does not recognize the file format and does not appear to even look for the file conversion utility? Any help out there? ...

new user login problem using existing Money file.
I moved my home computers to a Windows domain with domain-based logins. Previously, I accessed a Money 2003 file on the server from a machine-specific login. Now, when I open that file under my Domain login (and it does open fine, no permissions problems) I can't see my accounts, transactions, etc. (Thank God I didn't nuke that machine account!) When I return to the machine account, everything's still there. How can access the existing data from the new account login? Thanks in advance. Anybody even going to take a whack at this one?? Domain security and authentication is...

Users and Dist Groups not showing in GAL
I'm having a strange problem where I add a new user or mail enable a group and sometimes it shows up in the GAL and other times they don't. When they don't, I can find them in outlook by choosing ALL GROUPS or ALL USERS. This doesn't make sense Here is my setup for exchange. 6 servers running Exchange 2000 14 servers running Exchange 2003 1/3 of the mailboxes are on 2003 I have 3 front end servers. All the 2003 stores point to the same public folder store which is different from the one that the 2000 stores point to. Now that I think of it, could that be the issue? Th...

File/Send/Page by E-mail; File/Send/Link by E-mail links grayed ou
win7 Ult. IE 8 v8.0.7600.16385 Windows Live Mail version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726) All updates have been installed installed. When In IE8, I try to send a link via email I am not able to; as the menu options are grayed out. What is the solution to this with only WLM installed. "JoKing" <JoKing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCD4C8C2-E373-488D-BE7C-30E00FE3F398@microsoft.com... > win7 Ult. IE 8 v8.0.7600.16385 Windows Live Mail version 2009 (Build > 14.0.8089.0726) All updates have been installed installed. > > When In IE...

How to open large HTML FILES IN EXCEL In quick Time
hi, i am using the following code to generate a xls file using the content type now when the user opnes the file at his pc it takes long time to open..if the no of records in file is large does the use of html tags has slow down the process of opening in excel... does speical care needs to be taken so that large html files open in excel quiclky..................... Please advise your feedback.... Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" Response.Write("<basefont face=""Arial Narrow"" size = ""2"" color=""#00000...

age group
In general the following formula works for basic calculation : between 20 to 29: =COUNTIF($D$2:$D$6566,">=20")-COUNTIF($D$2:$D $6566,">30") between 30 to 39: =COUNTIF($D$2:$D$6566,">=30")-COUNTIF($D$2:$D $6566,">39") ... old than 60: =COUNTIF($D$2:$D$6566,">=60") One big problem is the HR data has more detail in age that althogh it show 30, it can be 29.4 when you select the cell. Data like this (e.g. 39.6, 49.6) will not be covered in any group. How can I format the numbers to be round-up integer numbers. If over .5 it goes to...

Files to download!
I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that them could download the visitors. How it can be made? Publishing Web sites http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH063577001033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charley" <Charley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:461B7DD5-5958-499A-9579-877F4B407ECB@microsoft.com... >I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that > them could download the visi...

distribution group read resipients
I have distribution group. If someone from internet sends message to that group (using smtp address of group), then he receives read recipient for each group member. How can I filter sending read recipients sending on group basis. I want to turn it off for this group but keep it for other mailbox users? thanks Dragan Skundric dragan.skundric@bj.htnet.hr Hi Dragan, Open the distro Group | Exchange Advanced | Select "Do not send delivery reports" Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Dragec" <use_adress_...