Stop external emails for some users in Exchange 2003

I have 30 users. Only few users should access and send to
external emails and all users should access and send to
internal emails only. How can we achieve this.

Thanks in Millions.
0
anonymous (74721)

Create a connector and use a group to permission who can and can't send
mail.  Use an allow setting vs. a deny setting.

Al
"Ninad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 30 users. Only few users should access and send to
> external emails and all users should access and send to
> internal emails only. How can we achieve this.
>
> Thanks in Millions.

Combine Email Data
I have two computers. I use Outlook on each. I Use one email account. I would like to be able to somehow be able to keep the two accounts synchronized with each other. I have tried several variations of Importing the PST file, but when I do so it seems to set up a new personal folder. Ideally I would like it to combine the current data with the items I import and neatly sort it all into it's respective folders. I have tried, "dont import duplicates" and "replace duplicates" and havent been able to get my desired result. Any assistance is sincerely appreci...

How to recover when Exchange 2000 install has been completely dele
1. Exchange install was located on a drive that were connected to a SAN. 2. SAN was removed and Exchange install has been removed. 3. No backup on Exchange install. Now we are left with just the stores. What can we do to restore Exchange without a backup and without the original install drive? Thanks in advance. As long as you have the stores and log files you can recover. Do an install of Exchange with the "setup.exe /disasterrecovery" and re-install Exchange. Once you do that you should be able to mount the old databases and re-connect the users to their mailboxes. "...

E2K
Whenever I reboot my Exchange 2000 server, users get old emails again. The emails show unread and appear as if it waa new mail ite. However, they are actually mail that has been read already. The outdated emails only appear after a reboot. It's as if they are stored in a queue or something and the reboot forces them out? Any ideas. As to whats happening. It creates an issue because some of the "bosses" think they missed important emails when in fact they did already get it. Thanks! as a best practice, make a clean shutdown of exchange before restarting the server. dism...

Where is the .ost file ? Outlook 2003
I want to use the inbox repair tool. I did find the scanost and scanpst files in the "1033" folder on my HDD. I wanted to use the scanpst file to scan .ost as you can scan either file, but when I searched for the location --- ending in microsoft\outlook ---- there wa no .ost file. I also scanned my HDD for .ost could not find that extension. And I do run in cached mode. I did use the scanost, but also wanted to use the scanpst tool drill to the location of the .ost file, change the file extension and run. Thanks, Bob Did you check this directory? C:\Doc...

stops responding

Direct Email Button not available for user
One of my Users does not see the Direct Email Button on any screen, including advanced find or contacts or leads. What privilege do I need to give her to SEND Direct Email (and the button to show up)?? Thanks!! ...

Using User input in excel VBA
I'm supposed to make an invoice of 4 items. Each item needs to have user input for the description, price, and quantity ordered. Then I need to calculate the cost of the 4 items. Then calculate the sales tax at 6%. Then calculate the total cost including sales tax. This needs to be done using VBA code in excel. --I'm curious as to how to prompt the user to give me information. --I'm curious as to how I would use the users input in another cell once they entered it. -- I'm curious also as to how VB will know that something is entered once the user enters something into t...

copies of email to sent box?
Last weeek we experienced a power outage and had to replace power supply. Since then ,when I send email ,copies will not send to sent box. I have checked OPTIONS and have " send copy to sent box",but it is still not doing it. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

long name for logon script user
in the domain I have thousands of users, each with its logonscript, according as it will have a different user: eg "user1" has the logon script: "user.vbs normal" and "user2" has "privileged user.vbs" (both with spaces) [image: http://img521.imageshack.us/i/borame.jpg/][image: http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8361/borame.jpg] If clients are Windows XP these scripts are executed, but if they are Windows Vista or Windows 7, not work. It appears that the cause are the quotes, but are necessary because the file name contains spaces. It is...

Saving/sharing emails
I need to store multiple emails from multiple users into one place regulary. I am struggling with the best way to do this! any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have thought about creating a personal folder and sharing it but cant seem to get the sharing option un blocked out. -- Regards Nickie PST files can't be opened by multiple computers at the same time. There are 3rd party solutions like http://www.olfolders.de/Lang/English/OLfolders/olw1.htm that let this happen. The only other thing I can think of is to export the messages in ..TXT/.HTML/.MSG for...

distribution list size in exchange 2003
Hi there I have a SBS2003 machine, with some folders underneath the public folders. these folders contain contacts in distribution lists. I am getting intermittent errors when I attempt to update some of the information for some of these contacts in the distribution lists... the errors relate to Distribution list is too large to save onto your network email server" Just wondering what the size limit is for a distribution list residing in public folders in exchange 2003? Client using outlook xp Check out: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238569&P...

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

NDR after user deleted.
Hi, I'm having a problem where when certain people send a meeting request to the same person in our organization, an NDR is returned as followed: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Accepted: Example Sent: 1/10/2005 7:00 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Mystery User on 1/10/2005 7:00 AM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <exchange.myserver.local...

Aliases not receiving email
Client is using Exchange 2003 and we recently added several email aliases. MX records are all correct, email goes to the default email address as defined within in Exchange System Manager, but not to other aliases assigned to that user. We are getting the error message: server respnose: 550 <user@domain.com> No such user her in). The domains are all different: user1@domain1.com; user1@domain2.com, etc... Any suggestions? On 19 Jul 2006 10:02:53 -0700, staceman3@hotmail.com wrote: >Client is using Exchange 2003 and we recently added several email >aliases. MX records are all...

Named Range in a External File Formula
I have a simple VBA program that when run, looks at a date in a particular cell and updates 6 named ranges with specific file names it uses based off of that days date. I have a folder for every day of the week and inside there are 6 exactly named files: "Tech Name - Service Log - Date.xls" (Date is in mm-dd-yyyy format) The named ranges are "TechName1File, TechName2File, ect...." How do I make this work: After successfully running the macro to fill the named ranges, the named ranges will look like this: Named Range: TechName1File = \\Server\Folder\Folder\<Year>\...

Some address lists may be missing when you use Outlook 2003 in Cac
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836723/en-us The above MS article mentions Outlook 2003 SP1 fixes the issue with regards to some address lists missing when you use Outlook 2003 in Cached Exchange Mode; Problem is we're already running the recommended Service Pack and we still have the problem. Any ideas? Thanks Brett Have you checked permissions on the address list to make sure that people have the rights to view them? Nue "Bretto" <Bretto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBC220AA-F13F-474F-B21D-328DB1DD78E1@microsoft.com... > http://support.m...

Message Rules & Junk Email filter
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C452CD.6D07FD70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Friends, =20 I am using Outlook 2003, and I created some "Message Rules". =20 The problem is, unlike in Outlook Express, the email is getting "copied" = instead of getting "moved". =20 So if I have message rule 1 (Family), which is=20 =20 - if message is from familymember@domain.com, an email gets copied to = 'Family' folder.=20 =20 Then, for message ...

Email forwarding mailbox filling up
I am using a forwarding mailbox for a CRM4 install and the mailbox is filling up with messages even after they have been copied correctly into CRM history. What is the process for removing these as I thought they would go after being processed? -- PhilD Sometimes the forward mailbox can get hung up if there's a corrupt message, or a message with unexpected characters. If you can manually locate the message and delete it, then re-start the Email Router service, the remaining messages should get removed. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "PhilD" wr...

recipient policy stopped working

External Data in Pivot Tables
I have a series of files in Excel that I would like to summarize with Pivot Table. The files are too big -- too many lines -- to combine an run the table. Is there a way to link multiple external files into on workbook and run a table? I've explored the external data option, bu I can only get one file with it. Thanks Staci -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use MS Query to import the data (Data>Import External Data> New Database Query) and use an SQL UNION statement to combine the data into one table. SPenney wrote: > I have a series of files in...

Modeling a external system in a Class Diagram
Hi, Is it OK to use an Actor in a Class Diagram that represents an external third party web service SDK? if not, how is this notation usually represented? Any help would be fantastic. Simon. ...

OWA for everyone on the LAN and limited users from the internet.
We have an Exchange Enterprise 2003 on Windows 2003. We also have a front end Exchange 20003 on W2k3 server in our DMZ. We limit the users that can access OWA. This is to circumvent labor issues of working from home, union contract, security, etc... This works fine. Selected users can web browse from the internet and from within our LAN. Management would like to open up OWA for everyone from within the LAN, but still restrict most users from the internet. Can this be done with the current configuration? Do you need another Exchange server for a front end server with the LAN? Thanks Hi...

Routing outbound email from branch back to main for internet delivery
I've originally setup my single domain, exchange 03 organization like this: main office exchange receives all email and routes email to branch office exchange server for those users. Mailboxes for users are on their respective office servers. So I have two routing groups, one going between main and branch and one for branch to main. In each I also have SMTP connectors for outbound internet email. I want to change this so the outbound email from the branch office routes the mail back to the main office and the main office exchange sends out to the internet. I'm not sure how to reco...