stm file size is problem..

I have a problem with priv1.stm file's size. It grows continuesly, and
exchange server disk space 11 GB. priv1.stm's size is 9.6 GB. How can i
reduce this file size ? Please, help me.
0
Jan1 (88)

Hi Jan,

"jan" <jan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I have a problem with priv1.stm file's size. It grows continuesly, and
> exchange server disk space 11 GB. priv1.stm's size is 9.6 GB. How can i
> reduce this file size ? Please, help me.

You can use eseutil to make an offline defrag. However if the space is
needed your databases will grow up immediately to the same size.

Do not use eseutil without a backup. You�ll need a lot of diskspace to
defrag the database. Up to 110%.

So consider to buying bigger Harddisks and move you DBs.

cheers,
Andy

0
andy.rath (135)

Size of PUBLISHER files
I use Publisher 2002, running under Windows 98, to print a newsletter. I use the previous months issue as a template for the current issue. The previous issue had a file size of 1.4 MB. After I delete most of it's content, the file size is still 1.4 MB. How can I make the file size smaller? It is a bug in the Publisher file format that did not get fixed in Service Releases. I don't know yet if this issue has been fixed in Publisher 2003. I will test it shortly and post back. -- The pub file still retains some of the data after it's deleted. -- David Bartosik - Microso...

Printing problem on a terminal server
Hi, I created an application that does some printing with MFC (7.1). When I do a print preview or I print, every thing works fine. However, when I try to do a print preview or if I try to print from within terminal server, then all the fonts are very small (they look like 1pt high). What am I doing wrong (or what should I do)? This is a sample of my code LOGFONT font; ::ZeroMemory(&font, sizeof(font)); _tcscpy(font.lfFaceName, _T("Courier New")); font.lfHeight = -MulDiv(75, pDC->GetDeviceCaps(LOGPIXELSY), 2540); // 7.5 pts font.lfWidth = 0; font.lfEscapement = 0; font.lfOr...

Odd problem with worksheets when opening file
Okay, here's the odd problem that's come up. When you double click on a excel file, excel opens up, but you can onl see the toolbars. The grid area looks like a snapshot of whatever you current background is before the file opened up. If you were showin your desktop, after the excel file opened, you'd still see your deskto in the datagrid area. If you start up a new excel file, then do the File>Open>file name, th file will open correctly. This problem happens across users here. Everyone is currently runnin office 2K. Any ideas on what causes the problem and any...

Print Preview Different than What I see in the Excel File
When I created an Excel file and inputed text data, it shows that it is within the column width in the file, but when I do a Print Preview, it shows that the text is not fitting in that cell and is cutting out. What should I do to make sure that the way I type the text and it shows in the file, is the same way it will show in print preview and also print the same way. ...

Removing history of files from the File menu
I woulk like to know how to delete the history of recent files form the file menu. Hi Richard Under Tools>Options>General delete the value in Recently Used Files List. Don't use the spinner, as this will not allow you to go below 1, and it will not allow you to set it to zero, so just press delete in the box. To do it programmatically, something like the following Sub HideRecentFiles() With Application .RecentFiles.Maximum = 0 End With End Sub Obviously you would want the reverse to Show the List, where you set the value to something greater than...

Corrupted file
I lost all my data from my hard drive but have managed to recover most of it. One of the Excel files is reported as corrupted by Excel when I try to open it. The file was created and last with Office 2000 but I have now got Office XP 2002 installed. Is there a way of 'un-corrupting' this file? Sometimes xl2002 will open files that previous versions couldn't. (and sometimes it can't open them either!) OpenOffice may be able to open it, too. (http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD) Lots of people have reported good luck with it. But who knows with any sp...

Access XP and CHM Help Files
Hi I have just started creating a CHM file and associating it with the various forms, controls etc. by using context and helpfile properties. Problem is that when the file is opened from Access, all the search functionality looks towards Access help and not my help file. The contents/help structure displays OK but any keywords etc. don't get picked up in searches. Is there a solution to this limitation (seems pretty stupid to not be able to search the application specific help just coz the file was called via object properties in an Access frontend) that doesn't involve me hav...

Disaster, only have E0*.logs and priv1.edb/stm, pub1.edb/stm
I have a problem (and I am a semi-newbie for disaster recovery.) We had a huge crash over the weekend, my backups are crud, and I needed to use a recovery program to grab the files above because my hard drive became unreadable. I used the eseutil to make the edb files consistent, all I want to do is extract that info and inject it into my current, seemingly working Server 2003 SBS enviornment. Will I be OK creating a dummy 2003 SBS and pointing to those files, then using exmerge to transfer them over? Or am I SOL? Is there a better and *Free* way to do it? Jimmy Hi Jimmy, Hav...

Moving hyperlinked files
I am a teacher and I use Excel for my marksbook. I have a folder for each subject/year group and within the folder I have one file which is a classlist/roll linked to individual student files and a main tasklist file. All of the files in the folder are hyperlinked to other files in the folder. When I begin a new semester, I would like to copy and paste the folder to a new folder but the hyperlinks do not update to the new location and then have to be re-entered separately. Is there any way to make the hyperlinks automatically update to their new location without re-entering 150+ ...

Printer Problems with Great plains accounting 9.20
I have been trying to print invoices to a Dot matrix printer (Epson) the trouble I'am having is that when I send the job to the printer it only prints one page out of seven. (prints the fourth page). I created a word document 4 pages long and it printed all pages, also I can print checks without a problem. Anyone have any ideas? ...

File format is not valid #2
Can anyone help me with this. I tried to open an existing file (which a number of people have access to) and it has come up with this error. Can it be fixed? Thanks heaps. Is it an xls file? "FB" wrote: > Can anyone help me with this. I tried to open an existing file (which a > number of people have access to) and it has come up with this error. > Can it be fixed? > Thanks heaps. Yes. And it worked just fine a week ago prior to someone doing something to the file. "exceluserforeman" wrote: > Is it an xls file? > > "FB" wrote: >...

Converting doc & docx files to RTF. One file grew very big
I had to edit several Word files and then convert them to PDF for posting on a web site. The original Word files ranged in size from 100 - 500 kb. The new PDFs didn't match the original files' sizes but they were also in that range. Then I was told to make RTF format of each file. Now they range in size from 1 - 3 MB. OK fine, I know files are bigger when converted to RTF. Except one of the files, the one that was 500 KB in Word .doc format, is now 15 MB. Way too big to post on the site or email to my colleagues. Why would this file grow 30x in size when converted from d...

Problem with including CRM attributes in E-mail template hyperlinks
When an email template is created, there is no way of linking the attribute value and having that entire URL exist: 1) If you type out the beginning URL (ie: http://domain/org/leadid=) and insert the attribute value {!Lead:Lead ID;}, the beginning URL is highlighted, but not the attribute value. 2) If you type out the beginning URL with an extra 'x' (http://domain/ org/leadid=x), insert {!Lead:Lead ID;} between / and x, and use the delete key to remove x: the whole URL is highlighted, but when the email is sent, the incorrect hyperlink is being used. (Displays as http://domain/org/l...

excel crashing problem
I am currently having a problem with a spreadsheet file that we hav been working on. Everything seems to work ok, but when running i excel xp it crashes . The problem occurs when saving the file, although there is no vba cod that we have set to run when saving. Usually excel will crash and w get the usual "send error report" dialog. On my pc at home which ha VC++ installed i can select debug and then i get a message "unhandle exception 0x0000005 access violation" Does anyone have any ideas wha the cause of this error could be, or any tips to correct the problem. Many th...

Outlook Notification Problems
I am running Microsoft Outlook 2000 on my network and when new email arrives outlook normally prompts the user that mail has arrived by a popup box. I have enabled this in email accounts from the tools menu at the top of outlook's screen. ] On some machines outlook does not give a notification popup box to certain machines even though it's speciefied in Tools > Email Accounts etc. If fact some certain users have to close outlook and reopen it before email appears in there inbox? I have tried changing the send and recieve settings to check for mail every 5 secs but this still...

password controlled files
Background - A colleague of mine died and his wife is trying to recover files in Excel for his Tax etc (in Switzerland) - she i saverage user capable - he password protected all his files and she does not know how to proceed. Request - any advice on procedures, contacts or services that would help her or a company representative in Switzerland to open these files and get data to a non protected version so probate can be processed. i am deliberately not asking for detailed answers for security reasons - if there is a simple procedure please post back to me to be followed up outside o...

Re: How to export Exchange Outlook Public Folder Contacts to CSV file #2
Export Contacts Items from Office Outlook - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/EM102566171033.aspx Contacts Exporter for Microsoft Exchange Server is small utility specially designed for Microsoft Outlook users to export Contacts Items from any Microsoft Office Outlook and/or Microsoft Exchange Public Contacts Folder (or private Mailbox folder) to Microsoft Office Access table or Microsoft Office Excel file. http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imice.htm "IMI Contact Exporter" export contacts from ANY folder, including shared and public folders.. "Helmut&q...

Saving file as test file
When I save an EXCEL file as a text file or as a PRN file, I get a quote " at the beginning and end of each row. Does anyone know how to stop EXCEL from generating these quotes? My rows contain numbers, aplha characters, and spaces. It assumes you want quotes there as separators for whatever program will import them next. Go to www.downloads.com, pick up a copy of NoteTab (free), and use search/replace to get rid of the quotes. You could also do this with Word. "Barbara O'Brien" <Barbara.O'Brien@JPFinancial.com> wrote in message news:ae4f01c436ad$dcfeba60$...

Exchange log files
Is it possible to have the MDB logs deleted automatically if you mean the transaction log files, all committed log files should be purged after your online backup completes each night... "MDB log deleting" <MDB log deleting@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43D4843E-2E3D-4ECD-9758-254185E1EDA4@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have the MDB logs deleted automatically Also... it is not recommended but if you turnned on circular logging, Exchange will reuse log files. Teo "MDB log deleting" wrote: > Is it possible to have the MDB logs de...

Need to reduce the both priv's edb & stm
My priv.edb = 28gig the priv.stm = 15gig I'm concerned about the managing the size of such a large database. I have recently cleaned up mailboxes and is reflected in the systems managment utility with in Exchange. In some cases a users mailbox exceeded 6gig. Now in the systems management utility the numbers are more in line, resonable size, however when I check the file size of both priv's (DOS) there're still the same size before I started the cleanup process. I assumed the automatic process which Exchange runs everynight would reduce the size. In the app log file from ...

csv linked file doesn't add to the same numbers?????
Hi, I have a linked cvs file that when I do a sum in access I get a different answer than when I open the csv file and so a sum on the column. Can anyone explain why this is happening. Please show us the SQL statement that you are using to get the sum. Open the query in design view. Next go to View, SQL View and copy and past it here. If you are doing something else to get the sum, please tell us. Are you opening the csv file with Excle or some other method? -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. &q...

How do I eliminate duplicae records in excel file
I have a large excel file with 12K records of companies, addresses., etc I want to eliminate duplications where company and city are duplicated but not necessarily street addresses. How do I do so? Hi, Look here CPearson has a macro to do that, go to the middle of the page http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm "Big B" wrote: > I have a large excel file with 12K records of companies, addresses., etc I > want to eliminate duplications where company and city are duplicated but not > necessarily street addresses. How do I do so? ...

CListCtrl problem
I would like to know how I could find which column of a listview I have clicked on. I have a listcctrl which is of type report and it has 50 rows with 20 columns. I have been able to find out which row has been clicked but I need to find out which column. Urgent help needed please!! Thanks in advance. >-----Original Message----- >I would like to know how I could find which column of a listview I have >clicked on. >I have a listcctrl which is of type report and it has 50 rows with 20 >columns. >I have been able to find out which row has been clicked but I need to find...

help saving files
I want to save my sent files and inbox files to cd because im getting a new computer and want to import them into my new outlook. I found the address book file but i cant find the other files please help thanks jake Hi, Search For the PST file in your computer. That is the file that contains all the data inside your Outlook. Search for *.pst and then backup your pst files. To find out the location of the current PST file used by your Outlook , Right Click on Personla Folders and then Click on Properties and then the Advanced Buton. Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN &quo...

Navigating to Excel files over network slow, but not Word files
I have a PC with Excel 2003 SP3, when you click on "open" the window appears with a drop down arrow that allows you to navigate to your files. This person has all his files on the server and excel will take 30 seconds to populate the folder veiws, even when you find the folder you want, it still takes another 25 seconds to open that folder. The same process in Word 2003 only takes about 6 seconds!! If appears to be only an Excel issue. Anyone seen this before? I don't know why there's a difference between MSWord and Excel, but the more network drives and fol...