Still get limit warnings after change

I have been working with my E2K3 server to enable more convienient use of the
Mail message warning limit. I installed the Quota message service which works
very well but when i change a users limits and/or the limits set in the ESM
console (mailbox store properties) i am still getting a warning for a user
who is now within limits. Is there a lag time? can i manually update
something? so the user doesn't receive limit warnings anymore??
0
Haggis (15)

Quota changes can take up to two hours to take effect.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Haggis" <Haggis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been working with my E2K3 server to enable more convienient use of
>the
> Mail message warning limit. I installed the Quota message service which
> works
> very well but when i change a users limits and/or the limits set in the
> ESM
> console (mailbox store properties) i am still getting a warning for a user
> who is now within limits. Is there a lag time? can i manually update
> something? so the user doesn't receive limit warnings anymore??

0
curspice6401 (3487)
8/25/2005 3:13:55 AM
Yep, your right...thanks.

I read on another website that restarting the IS should force it to take
effect.
Is this right?

Thanks again

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Quota changes can take up to two hours to take effect.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Haggis" <Haggis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have been working with my E2K3 server to enable more convienient use of
> >the
> > Mail message warning limit. I installed the Quota message service which
> > works
> > very well but when i change a users limits and/or the limits set in the
> > ESM
> > console (mailbox store properties) i am still getting a warning for a user
> > who is now within limits. Is there a lag time? can i manually update
> > something? so the user doesn't receive limit warnings anymore??

0
Haggis (15)
8/25/2005 3:57:23 AM
As far as I know, yes.  You can change it:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327378
--

> Yep, your right...thanks.
>
> I read on another website that restarting the IS should force it to take
> effect.
> Is this right?
>
> Thanks again
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Quota changes can take up to two hours to take effect.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "Haggis" <Haggis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have been working with my E2K3 server to enable more convienient use
>> >of
>> >the
>> > Mail message warning limit. I installed the Quota message service which
>> > works
>> > very well but when i change a users limits and/or the limits set in the
>> > ESM
>> > console (mailbox store properties) i am still getting a warning for a
>> > user
>> > who is now within limits. Is there a lag time? can i manually update
>> > something? so the user doesn't receive limit warnings anymore??

0
curspice6401 (3487)
8/25/2005 5:09:22 AM
Excellent
Thanks heaps

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> As far as I know, yes.  You can change it:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327378
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Haggis" <Haggis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yep, your right...thanks.
> >
> > I read on another website that restarting the IS should force it to take
> > effect.
> > Is this right?
> >
> > Thanks again
> >
> > "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Quota changes can take up to two hours to take effect.
> >> --
> >> Ed Crowley
> >> MVP - Exchange
> >> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
> >>
> >> "Haggis" <Haggis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Haggis (15)

$values on y axis % change on x axis
I would like to chart a $ value on the y axis and show the % increase (not in $s) along the x axis. The values along the y axis would range from $200 to 400 with x axis running from 10%, 12%,7%,11%,9%, showing the change over a 5 year period. Thanks -- al Hi, You could plot the data on a xy-scatter. Format the x axis as percentage and Y axis as Currency. Cheers Andy al wrote: > I would like to chart a $ value on the y axis and show the % increase (not in > $s) along the x axis. The values along the y axis would range from $200 to > 400 with x axis running from 10%, 12%,...

On change event #2
Hi all, I have two fields, one numeric and another datetime. I would like the datetime field to be updated automatically whenever the number field is populated by a number. If later on that number changes, I don't want the datetime field to be updated accordingly. Can someone guide me on how to create this ? Thanks in advance, Ziv ...

Array again limit
using the following to get Active Directory group membership, is it possible that once I return a value say "Bob Smith" that is NOT unique this will stop. I return 1499 members names no matter how many people are in the group. I've added people to the group to be sure, I still get 1499 as a result. I am NOT returning a domain ID which would be unique, so perhaps that's an issue. Sub ADGroupMembers() Dim arrNames() intSize = 0 'Let's clear the range first Range("SESCREEN").ClearContents 'Get the AD Group Info for BATY-SESCRE...

Looking for Moving Companies and getting free quotes has never been
Looking for Moving Companies and getting free quotes has never been easier, although choosing the right Movers can be a difficult process. If you're going cross-country or just moving cross-town, the relocation process can be quite frustrating and stressful from start to finish. 123 Moving Company is here to help you make the decisions for the best possible move. Finding the most appropriate and fully licensed moving companies can be a complicated procedure. It involves research, and time you just don't have right now. Face it; we all have busy lives, and spending hours gathering info...

Fund performance gets munged when goes Ex-Div
Anyway to correct "return info" after a fund pays cap gains/Divs? For instance: http://moneycentral.msn.com/detail/stock_quote?symbol=OAKIX today shows 20% 'loss', when it pays out distributions. It's really just reinvestment for me , but my reports show it as worst perfomring fund I've got. In microsoft.public.money, - Bobb - wrote: >Anyway to correct "return info" after a fund pays cap gains/Divs? > >For instance: >http://moneycentral.msn.com/detail/stock_quote?symbol=OAKIX >today shows 20% 'loss', when it pays out distributions...

Validate and limit new segment numbers during account mainenance
We absolutely need the ability to prevent users from creating new segment Numbers in the segment description master. In version 9, we have the ability to pre-define segment numbersbut we have no way to prevent users from creating new segment numbers during on-the-fly maintenance. We are a government agency with 5 segments in our chart of accounts and we must be able to control the creation of new segment numbers by users. So, in Account Format Setup or Acccount Segment Setup, we need the ability to contro whether segment numbers can be automatically created during account maintenance. ...

how do I get excel to read open office spreadsheets?
how do I get excel to read open office spreadsheets? Hi, Open Office documents must be saved in Excel format so Excel can open without a hitch. jsknight100;587977 Wrote: > how do I get excel to read open office spreadsheets? -- teylyn Telyn -- 'teylyn.posterous.com' (http://teylyn.posterous.com) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ teylyn's Profile: 983 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=162834 [url=&quot;http://www.thecodecage.com&quot;]Microsoft Office Help[/url] ...

Change default birtday reminders?
The possibility to add the birtday for a contact is very neat. However, when I add a birthday to a contact, it will create an all-day appointment in my calendar, with the default reminder-time set to 15 minutes. Since I am synchronizing my Outlook 2003 with my Phone and PDA, this makes both devices go berserk at 23:45 every night. How can I change the default reminder time for automatically created birthday-events? Changing the Tools->Options->Preferences->Calendar->Default reminder does not affect the reminder for the auto-created birth-day event. Please help! //Johannes ...

How can I get the product key?
Version: 2008 Could you guide me the way I can receive the product key? I purchesed the office:mac 2008 for home & student edition, and put the CD-rom into the new mac book today, but cannot figure out the product key. This is the very first time for me to use mac computer, so I'm very nervous... Thank you in advance. In article <ee98f4c.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, cherry@officeformac.com wrote: > Could you guide me the way I can receive the product key? I purchesed the > office:mac 2008 for home & student edition, and put the CD-rom into the new > mac book to...

How do I get Schema definition of an XML node in .NET ?
Hi, In .NET how do I get the underlying schema definition that corresponds to a particular XML node? This used to be easy in MSXML3.0 & MSXML4.0, using ... >>> IXmlDomNode.definition property. Is there a .NET equivalent to this method? I have pored through the object model, in vain. My web search & newsgroup searches did not surface an answer either. I appreciate your help in helping me out here. Thanks, -Naraen ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ R.R. Naraendira Kumar Microsoft Certified Solution Developer ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ There is no similar functionality ...

Getting schema data types from XPathDocument/XPathNavigator
Is there an easy way to get the schema's data type for a XPathNavigator value? I need to be able to determine the data type for the xml value based off of an unknown schema and unknown xml file that is handed off to my code. I've been able to figure out how to get the data type by reading through a validating reader, but I can't seem to find an easy way to get this when using XPath expressions. The process I have is as follows: 1. Create a validating reader for the unknown xml file given to me. 2. Create a schema from the unknown schema file given to me. 3. Add the schema to ...

Having problems getting e-mail from two sites in Holland
I can not receive e-mails form the folowing two addresses jbooms@hetnet.nl and b.booms@planet.nl I received e-mail from them before but now I can't anymore. These addresses are in Holland and I am able to recieve other e-mails from Holland without any problems. I have MCAffee spam and MCAfee virus I can not find anything to solve this problem. Question is : IS the problem in Holland OR is it here in the USA or is it my settings in my computer?? PLease help. ...

Cash Drawer Warning 913 Message
Hello, Eeverynow and then, when I open the registers first thing in the morning, I get this error: "Warning 913 - the cash drawer is not accessible. It may be locked by another application. Do you wish to continue?". I opened the OPOS program to check the config. Device Name: Multi_AP DeviceDesc: Y Cable Cash Drawer Port A (Parallel TM Printer) Service: PROGRA~1\OPOS\Epson2\SoDrw10.dll Version: 1.5.4 I find something rather odd. Under Commmunication Settings, LPT Port Setting is LPT1 and Port is being used by POSPrinter\TM-99IIIP. So I checked the POSPrinter LPT Port Setting...

Changing VERSIONINFO resources for different builds
I am compiling a program with eMbedded VC++ 3 for a PocketPC 2000 / 2002 target, and with eMbedded VC++ 4 for a PocketPC 2003 target. I would like to be able to tell the executables apart. What I tried: I have edited my .rc file like this: in the VERSIONINFO define there was a FileDescription like this: VALUE "FileDescription", "My Program\0" which I replaced with code like this: VALUE "FileDescription", "My Program -- " #if defined ISOLDPOCKETPC "PocketPC 2000 / 2002 build" #elif defined ISPOCKETPC...

How can i change the font in Legend box in excel to superscript, n
I have this data in one cell (0.5µl l-1 C2H4) and i want to make -2 superscript, 2 and 4 as subscript.... in Legend Box!!! i tried many methods but i am till now not successful.. thanks for who will help me. Mohammad The only workaround i know of is to type your wanted label into a text box format it as wanted, put a white or other appropriate color and move the box over the lable for the data. "Mohammad" wrote: > I have this data in one cell (0.5µl l-1 C2H4) and i want to make -2 > superscript, 2 and 4 as subscript.... in Legend Box!!! > i tried many metho...

PDF imports don't retain changes upon saves
I'm importing PDF files of AutoCAD drawings because AutoCAD .DWG files don't scale correctly when opened in Visio2003. When I change the properties on the PDF objects, scale them to the desired dimensions, and save changes, the PDF object reverts to a different size after the save. Also, I've found that the PDF object loses resolution when scaled larger - meaning that lines pixellate and alphanumeric characters become fuzzy. Does anyone know of a work-around for this? Thank you. -- Dion Hansen National Project Manager i can help you with my own dwg converter. email me you a...

Image Changes When Pasted
Whenever I paste an image from Photoshop into Publisher, the image changes in intensity and quality. Colors are slightly modifed, particularly whites seem to loose intensity. I inevitably need to "trick" Publisher by first brightening and increasing the contrast in Photoshop before pasting into Publisher. Often it is an iterative proces, doing this in several tries. Definitely a waste of time. Thanks. Al Is the result the same when you "paste special?" Maybe saving the image and importing into Publisher would be a better solution. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http:...

Distribution List members gets a message more then once
Hi, I created a Distribution List group that contains some members with an external EMail Address(regular smtp address) and some with an Exchange Mail box. It Appears that the users with the Exchange EMail Address gets each message more then once.They get once in an hour the same message again. Where did I go wrong? Please help. Thanks, Shif Arad HI I am also getting this problem We have just changed our Internet Connection, and therefore created a new Routing Connection. Does anyone know if this is related Thank Mat ----- Shif Arad wrote: ---- Hi I created a...

Standard error and confidence limits
Is it possible to plot mean values as points and to add both standard errors and confidence limits in the chart? Hi, Here are some links on adding datum lines to charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Charlie wrote: > Is it possible to plot mean values as points and to add both standard errors > and confidence limits in the chart? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info And here's information about custom error ba...

Excel 2002 Now gets "cannot access shortcut bar" message
Anyone know how to fix this? My wife gets this when she starts Excel 2002. It says Excel cannot access shortcut bar. Document may be read only or encrypted." It is OK from my ID. Any idea just what "file"they are trying to access? TIA When I speak of the shortcut bar, I'm usually talking about the microsoft Office shortcut bar--that bar that you can autohide and put all your favorite applications on. But I don't know of any reason why excel would try to (or even care about) access this. There are toolbars within excel. Maybe the file that holds those got corrupte...

repost: any comments would be appreciated
I have my default sending message limit (in Global Settings/Message Delivery/Defaults) set to 10MB. A user tried to send a 1GB+ message, and was prevented from doing so. My issue is: The 1GB message that the user sent, although it was rejected, was processed through the local queues and returned to the users mailbox in the form of an NDR (And thus inserted into the database). The server's delivery performance was degraded during this endeavor... :-) Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Are there any other limits to be set? Is there a way to limit the size of the message...

how do I change email server info?
I am trying to send document in email and didnt set server (pop) options right, now cant get back to it. "tvorhees3" <tvorhees3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F37DCAE-7962-4D76-B5D7-D8F6514A725C@microsoft.com... >I am trying to send document in email and didnt set server (pop) options > right, now cant get back to it. Can't get back to WHAT? -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) "Gordon" wrote: > &qu...

how do I get the envelope icon in the system tray for Outlook?
I've been using Outlook 2003 and so far have yet to get the little envelope icon to show up in the system tray for new mail. I've looked in the options menu & can see the option for it is checked, however it doesn't seem to work at all. I am using Windows XP Pro so there should be no problem with this. Are you sure it is not hidden? Expand the Notification Area to view all icons. Also see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/missingenvelope.htm Note that no icon is displayed for messages that arrive in your Hotmail account. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-ou...

dlls
i need some help. I would like to create a dll in c++ (win32 dynamic or using mfc). I want my dll to be "usable" by vb6, vb.net, c# and c++ developpers I tried to create a simple dll (using mfc extensions with 1 class and a couple of functions but i am not able to add it to a VB6 client application. What can I do I need some help to getting started with dlls , or a link to a page that deals with thess stuffs. Take a look at the following links http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/HTML/_core_dll_tasks.asp http://www.zetnet.co.uk/rad/dll....

Change posting account to fixed allocation account?
Is there a way to change an existing GL posting account into a fixed allocation account? Trying in a test company but can't make it work. I've cleared everyting out of the existing account and manually changed the account type in GL00100 to 3 and then added distribution info to GL00103 but there still seems to be another missing link. Under fixed allocation maintenance the original account still says it is not a fixed allocation account. GP10, SP3. Thanks. You appear to be doing this at the database level. Why? Use the UI so all of the business logic and program lo...