Start up Exchange 2007

We are planning to create a new Exchange 2007 Server some information would
like to know:

1. Exchange 2007 is 64 bit, it should install in Windows Server 2003 R2 X64
Standard or any X64 version 2003 Server?

2. If the other server is x64 could it join the AD as Windows Server 2003 R2
Standard Edition?

3. If the AD Server is Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition is fine for
Exchange 2007 install?

Thanks
0
KL (9)

Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange
www.zenprise.com
NEW blog location:
exchangepedia.com/blog
"KL" <KL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are planning to create a new Exchange 2007 Server some information
> would
> like to know:
>
> 1. Exchange 2007 is 64 bit, it should install in Windows Server 2003 R2
> X64
> Standard or any X64 version 2003 Server?

OSes supported: Windows Server 2003 x64, Windows Server 2003 R2 x64.

> 2. If the other server is x64 could it join the AD as Windows Server 2003
> R2
> Standard Edition?
Not sure what you mean here.... Exchange Servers should be members of Active
Directory domains (except for the Edge Transport Server role). Exchange
Server 2007, just like Exchange Server 2003, can be installed on Domain
Controllers as well, but avoid that if you can - it complicates recovery.

> 3. If the AD Server is Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition is fine for
> Exchange 2007 install?
Yes, DCs/GCs can be Windows Server 2003/R2, Standard or Enterprise.

Exchange Server 2007 System Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/sysreqs/default.mspx

> Thanks

0
bharat3597 (1006)
3/29/2007 2:54:55 AM
Thanks,

For Question 1, I would like to know the Exchange 2007 could be install in
non-x64 windows server 2003 R2?

For Question 2, if the e-mail server is x64 version 2003 server standard,
could it join the AD in windows server 2003 R2 not x64 version (our current
AD is standard 2003 R2)

Because our existing AD for windows 2003 r2 standard server is not x64
version, and now planning to build up a new e-mail server for windows 2003 +
exchange 2007, and checked exchange 2007 is running in 64bit, would like to
know which bit version of windows server 2003 is fit for exchange 2007 and it
have any problem to join our existing system.

Thanks
KL

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> exchangepedia.com/blog
> "KL" <KL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are planning to create a new Exchange 2007 Server some information
> > would
> > like to know:
> >
> > 1. Exchange 2007 is 64 bit, it should install in Windows Server 2003 R2
> > X64
> > Standard or any X64 version 2003 Server?
>
> OSes supported: Windows Server 2003 x64, Windows Server 2003 R2 x64.
>

> > 2. If the other server is x64 could it join the AD as Windows Server 2003
> > R2
> > Standard Edition?
> Not sure what you mean here.... Exchange Servers should be members of Active
> Directory domains (except for the Edge Transport Server role). Exchange
> Server 2007, just like Exchange Server 2003, can be installed on Domain
> Controllers as well, but avoid that if you can - it complicates recovery.
>

> > 3. If the AD Server is Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition is fine for
> > Exchange 2007 install?
> Yes, DCs/GCs can be Windows Server 2003/R2, Standard or Enterprise.
>
> Exchange Server 2007 System Requirements
> http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/sysreqs/default.mspx
>

> > Thanks

0
KL (9)
3/29/2007 3:24:02 AM
Question 1, there is x86 version E2k7, but not for produce enviroment. E2k7
needs optimal 64bit memory management. I don't think you may install x64
E2k7 on 32bit x86 system.

Question 2, that's not a problem.

There is no problem to add an x64 computer into a domain with 32bit AD.

--
Ray

MCSE+Internet, MCDBA, MCP

> Thanks,
>
> For Question 1, I would like to know the Exchange 2007 could be install in
> non-x64 windows server 2003 R2?
>
> For Question 2, if the e-mail server is x64 version 2003 server standard,
> could it join the AD in windows server 2003 R2 not x64 version (our
> current
> AD is standard 2003 R2)
>
> Because our existing AD for windows 2003 r2 standard server is not x64
> version, and now planning to build up a new e-mail server for windows 2003
> +
> exchange 2007, and checked exchange 2007 is running in 64bit, would like
> know which bit version of windows server 2003 is fit for exchange 2007 and
> it
> have any problem to join our existing system.
>
> Thanks
> KL
>
> "Bharat Suneja" wrote:

>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MVP - Exchange
>> www.zenprise.com
>> NEW blog location:
>> exchangepedia.com/blog
>> "KL" <KL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We are planning to create a new Exchange 2007 Server some information
>> > would
>> > like to know:
>> >
>> > 1. Exchange 2007 is 64 bit, it should install in Windows Server 2003 R2
>> > X64
>> > Standard or any X64 version 2003 Server?
>>
>> OSes supported: Windows Server 2003 x64, Windows Server 2003 R2 x64.
>>

>> > 2. If the other server is x64 could it join the AD as Windows Server
>> > 2003
>> > R2
>> > Standard Edition?
>> Not sure what you mean here.... Exchange Servers should be members of
>> Active
>> Directory domains (except for the Edge Transport Server role). Exchange
>> Server 2007, just like Exchange Server 2003, can be installed on Domain
>> Controllers as well, but avoid that if you can - it complicates recovery.
>>

>> > 3. If the AD Server is Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition is fine
>> > for
>> > Exchange 2007 install?
>> Yes, DCs/GCs can be Windows Server 2003/R2, Standard or Enterprise.
>>
>> Exchange Server 2007 System Requirements
>> http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/sysreqs/default.mspx
>>

>> > Thanks

0
rui_m99 (53)

Starting up on start-up help!

Delays in 2003 Exchange
Hello all, Last week i added blacklists to my exchange server 2003, i simply am using the IMF. I also clicked on the RUS and told it to rebuild. The only other change i made was to the IMF, and instead of archiving junk mail, i rejected it. I have removed the IMF and set it back to archive. I removed the blacklists. I have rebuilt the RUS again. Here is the problem: I cannot sent mail to a specific domain now, namely osu.edu. It goes but it can take up to two hours for the osu user to get the message. I was getting delay notifications on my outlook client, but even now that is not happenin...

Sizing Access 2007 Forms
I'm wondering if I'm the only one having problems saving the size of access 2007 overlapping forms. I decided to play around with a copy of my db and changed it from a tabbed to overlapping interface. I posted a question about this some time ago and the following is a response that I had saved to a text file: ----------- 'The forms border should be set to sizeable. You then while viewing the form in regular view mode then set the size exactly the way you want. You then hit ctrl-s. I also assumed that in design mode you shrunk down the detail size to as small as possi...

Outlook 2007 incoming email font being changed
Incoming emails from a particular contact show as readable text in autopreview display, but when I open them they are converted to symbol font. Attempts at changing the symbols to, say, arial make the text even less readable by causing all characters to appear as small squares. This happens with one sender only. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

Need advice to start off a project
Hello! I have never really used Excel much but I have had an idea which could make some of the work I do a lot easier. I know Excel is powerful but I don't know the best way to approach it so can anyone out there help me? I make visits to places and record what kind of visit it was on a spreadsheet with the values in each cell being the date. At the bottom there is a summary box which shows, on each date, how many visits I made of each type. At the moment this is done manually but I am sure it can be done automatically only how? On a different sheet I would then like to have a summary of...

Microsoft Exchange offline address book #2
I have been getting a lot of calls about errors that our Outlook 2003 users have been getting. Here are the errors: Microsoft Exchange offline address book 0X8004010F and Microsoft Exchange server reported error (0x8004010F): The operation failed. An object could not be found. We are running a Windows Server 2003 AD domain and Exchange 5.5 SP4. We have not migrated to Exchange 2003 but are working towards it. Exchange 2003 has not been installed yet. I have googled the errors and searched on Microsoft's website and all the information I come up with relates to Exchange 2000/2003....

exchange 2003 query.
Dear support team. I have installed windows 2003 server with exchange 2003 server. I have configured active directoty with the name called as domain_abc.com When i am creating users in my active directory, it is asking to create exchange mailbox. After creating the mail box i have modified the users email address in active directory. (e:g nilesh@domain_abc.com to nilesh@home.com I have another domain in my lan as home.com when i send mail from my mail idm mail should go as nilesh@home.com I am using third party pop connector .There i have mentioned the domain name domain_abc.com. ...

Securing POP3 on Exchange
OK, here's the question...how can I secure POP3 traffic on my Exchange 2003 sever and securely configure my mobile clients so they can still connect to the server, send & receive mail? Right now, I have SMTP secured via SSL on port 443, works great! No issues there, but the mobile users do not want to use OWA all the time. They want to be able to download there email and go back it offline if need be with cached mode. Currently POP3 is using default port 110. I know the SSL port is 995 and also know that port 465 is used for sending via SMTP. Can I change 465 to 443 since I ...

Corrupted messages within Exchange mailbox
Hi there, We are running Exchange 2000. We have a users' mailbox that is showing up with 2 emails in the inbox that seem to be corrupted. Basically, only the headers show up and the messages can't be moved, opened, or deleted. I would like to perform some kind of clean up on the mailbox, but I'm not sure how to go about that as I'm reasonably new to Exchange. Has anyone got some ideas? Thanks a million! Max What kind of clean up and you talking about? You have a couple of options: ESEUTIL and ISINTEG These are two command line utilities that will require you to take ...

Missing Attachments in Outlook 2007/Outlook 2010 Beta.
Hi, We are experiencing a missing attachment issue in Outlook 2007/Outlook 2010 beta from Outlook 2003. These attachments are in messages forwarded as attachments and received via our Exchange 2010 installation. The attachments *are* visible from Outlook WebApp. In Outlook 2007/2010 the message has no paperclip icon, yet the message is of the correct size. From my rather long investigation, it appears that these certain messages from Outlook 2003 include a Content-ID header, which is typically used for referencing embedded attachments, such as inline JPGs for HTML pages. ...

Excel 2007 Pivot Tables
How do I set my pivot table so that it does not display any sums of values that are equal to zero? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt You can use conditional formatting to set the foreground colour to white if the cell contents are zero. Hope this helps. Pete On Mar 10, 2:19=A0pm, Barb Reinhardt <BarbReinha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I set my pivot table so that it does not display any sums of value= s > that are equal to zero? > > Thanks, > > Barb Reinhardt ...

Cannot start Outlook 2002
My computer is usualy connected to an MS Exchange server at work. However I'd like to use Outlook at home with another e-mail account. When I try to start Outlook I get an error message : Cannot connect to exchange server. So I click work offline. Then, get another error message: Cannot start Outlook. Could not open information store. The the program quits. Anyone know a work around? Thanks. Create a new profile for your home account. Then set Outlook to prompt for profile. Select your home profile and Outlook will not try to connect to Exchange. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

Exchange Services Do not Start After a Restart #2
I have a SBS 2003 Running and for some reason some of my Exchange Service do not start after a restart. System Attendand tries to start shuts down unexpectedly. I can go to services right after logging in and start the services and they start with no problem. Right before the error that service did not start, I get this warning: "A service process other than the one launched by the Service Control Manager connected when starting the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service. The Service Control Manager launched process 2448 and process 3688 connected instead. Note that if this se...

Customized system message in Exchange 2000
Hi. Knows somebody how I can customize the message that system's administrator send when a user exceeds the limit size of her mailbox? Thanks. There is a way, but it's cumbersome: Download ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/softlib/mslfiles/rltools.exe and use RLQUIKED to edit MDBSZ.DLL. You may need to repeat it after applying a service pack. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Rafa Quintero" <rafa.quinteroarrobahotmail.com> wrote in message news:OyMsBzFRGHA.196@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi. > > Knows so...

Macro or Lookup? Not sure where to start.
I have created two worksheets: 1) Auction Items Item# Table# Location# ItemDescription WinBid are the headers of the data. 2) Bidders Bidder# FirstName LastName I would like to be able to create a macro or something that will allow me to enter the item#, bidder# and winning bid price and have a sheet filled with. ie. Item# 2 (Handcrafted Table) Bidder# 12 (John Doe) Winning Bid $250 Can excel pull from two sheets and created another sheet with all the final details? I am a little new to excel (version 2000) it is the only tool/application available to us at this time. If anyone can poi...

Exchange Disaster Recovery Switch
Guys, Just wanted to know if there would be any issues with doing a setup /disasterrecovery install on a new server of an old bridgehead server that is also the first exchange server in the organisation? Would this work? or is the best approach moving all the functions (system folders etc...) to a new exchange server? Thanks On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 23:46:01 -0700, Deano <Deano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Guys, > >Just wanted to know if there would be any issues with doing a setup >/disasterrecovery install on a new server of an old bridgehead server that is >a...

public folder issue 2007
Succesfully upgraded to 2007 server, except im having a few issues with some public folders we have a folder with subfolders on the public folder list eg TOPLEVEL -------SUB1 -------SUB2 -------SUB3 -------SUB4 -------SUB5 however since conversion, i'm unable to access some of the subfolders (but only some!) - i get a error message saying "cannot display the folder. this folder cannot be opened because there is a configuration problem on the server. contact your microsoft exchange admin for assistance", I cant even admin the permissions from outlook either ? any ideas ? ...

Outlook starting problem
"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A dialog box is open. Close it and try again." ...

Running CHKDSK at start up
Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start up? PC runs Windows XP Pro SP3. This way all drives would be checked and errors fixed, if necessary, in one go, at start up on this machine. We intend to do this on this heavily used PC from time to time - we do not need the desired chkdsk functionality to kick in at every boot! Regards and TIA. Avatar -------- "Avatar" <Avatar@re.birth> wrote in message news:hrb4n2$53i$1@news.eternal-september.org... > Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start up? ...

SBS 2007 Error?
I'm working my way through Access 2007 Step by Step. I've come to Chapter 5 which is on forms and am stuck on the exercise known as 05_VBA. I've followed the instructions three times with the same result....nada. It's supposed to create a block of code that is executed after the user updates a particular field. In this case, nothing happens. Has this problem been reported or am I just dense? Thanks. On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:34:01 -0700, Toller <Toller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Not everyone has this book. When you say "after the user updates...

How do I add consecutive numbers but start over at a break in the.
add consecutive numbers but start over at a break in them. I'm trying to calculate consecutive days of attendance. ...

Starting a new paragraph within a cell
How do you create a line break within a cell? For example, if wanting to list 2 or more items it looks better if each one is printed under the other as a list. Or in a comment column when needing to start a new paragraph, again within the cell. Hi. You can press Alt + Enter to create a line break within a cell. Kath firman wrote: > How do you create a line break within a cell? For example, if wanting to list > 2 or more items it looks better if each one is printed under the other as a > list. Or in a comment column when needing to start a new paragraph, again > within th...

Can't Start Any Program
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel It has been two weeks since I can open an Office Program. Please HEEELP! This is my word error report: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-09-09 19:04:02 -0400 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word Application Signature: MSWD Application Version: 12.2.0.090605 Crashed Module Name: CoreFoundation Crashed Module Version: unknown Crashed Module Offset: 0x00075354 Blame Module Name: CoreFoundation Blame Module Version: unk...

CD does not start
After installing XP on a new disk everything appeared normal. I was able to install a few applications from their cds. Then I attempted to install an application from a downloaded file, but it did not work. So I installed MS frame works and windows installer. Then I was able to install the application from the downloaded file. When I attempted to install another application from its cd (with autorun), nothing happened, namely it fail to start. If I force the setup.exe from Explorer, the error message shows up: "the application configuration is incorrect". Thinking for...

Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 mulitphase migration
Previous setup: Exchange 2000 cluster(active/pasive) running on windows 2000 servers 2003 Server is the global cat There is another server acting as an smtp gateway running their anti-spam software and is their Anti-virus server What I have done: I have implemented an Exchange 2003 cluster I have joined the exchange 2000 organization with no problems I created a test user to migrate and check email functionality * this user (after being migrated to the new server) can send fine but does receive email ** The smtp gateway has not changed and is set to forward mail to the 2000 exchang...