Stan alone outlook merge with exchange

Hi,

On my laptop, I used to have outlook configured in stand alone mode and
built up a whole bunch of contacts, appointments and email history.
Now, I have a new domain connection to an exchange server, and I want
to merge my stand alone contacts/dates/mails into my Exchange profile.

what is the easiest way of doing this?

On 10 Oct 2005 07:36:40 -0700, "JaffaB" <jaffa_brown@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On my laptop, I used to have outlook configured in stand alone mode and
>built up a whole bunch of contacts, appointments and email history.
>Now, I have a new domain connection to an exchange server, and I want
>to merge my stand alone contacts/dates/mails into my Exchange profile.
>
>what is the easiest way of doing this?

Add the current pst to your new Outlook profile or import the pst into
your mailbox.

0
adavid (8731)
10/10/2005 2:42:06 PM
if you have all these calendar appointments and contacts in a pst file, it's
a simple matter to import them into an Exchange mailbox.  Or you can just
copy them into the calendar and contacts folders in the mailbox...

"JaffaB" <jaffa_brown@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> On my laptop, I used to have outlook configured in stand alone mode and
> built up a whole bunch of contacts, appointments and email history.
> Now, I have a new domain connection to an exchange server, and I want
> to merge my stand alone contacts/dates/mails into my Exchange profile.
>
> what is the easiest way of doing this?

0
sconkey (3059)

Auto-forward from a mail-enabled public folder in Exchange 2003
We have a mail-enabled public folder that used to auto-forward to multiple people any-time it received email. Now that we have added an 2003 version of Exchange, that have been removed (by the installation?) and we are no longer able to auto-forward to more than a single person (using public folder properties) Is there something I am missing about how to get this set back up? ...

Outlook Activation/PDA outlook version
Microsoft will not fully activate a OUTLOOK program that came with my Toshiba PDA, they say "cannot activate due to already activated on another machine", I deleated the program on the machine they mention however still dosent activate. Trying to work through Microsoft they wont help cause Toshiba sold me that version. if so how can microsoft limit my outlook and not answer my qustion. ...

Why isn't Outlook downloading all messages
I'm running Outlook 2007 on a Windows Vista 64bit machine with 8GBs of Ram. I've been noticing that Outlook doesn't always download all messages from my ISP. It will download 95% of them, but then it leaves some messages on the server. I can see them if I log into my webmail, but OUtlook doesn't download them. If I restart Outlook, it will see them and download. Is this a common problem? Do I need to reinstall? Jason, Once again, your ISP may have a limit that you are exceeding. "Jason Klein" <JasonKlein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Outlook won't close
I'm running Outlook2000 under WinXP and when I close Outlook it either hangs in memoey and continues to run or the mail icon stays up in the taskbar. I then have to open the task manager and kill it there. I've installed the latest Office service packs and searched the knowlege base but cannot find a similar problem posted. I believe I've had this problem as far back as the Win98 days. Anyone have an idea how i can fix this? I'm betting it's just taking so long you're assuming it's locked when it's simply taking a long time. I assume when you close it i...

sale for outlook
crating a task in sales for outlook client using the CRM task button only makes a task in outlook folder, and does not make a crm task. but in the oulook folder its classified as a crm task. Any help would be Appriciated . outlook 2002. arggg ...

inbox repair tool- can not open microsoft outlook 2007
when i try to open microsoft outlook 2007, i get a : " cannot start microsoft office outlook, cannot open the outlook window, the set of folders cannot be opened,. errors have been detected in the file c:/users/korinasoffice/appdata/local/microsoft/office/outlook.pst" use the inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. how do i fix this???? You use the tool scanpst.exe to fix the data file. You can do a search, make sure you enable the search to go through hidden files and folders. When scanpst.exe is found, double-click it. Follow ...

Outlook: from Exchange to stand alone version
Setup: Dell PowerEdge 600SC server with Microsoft Exchange and Windows 2000 Server. Desktops running XP and Outlook 2003 (part of MS Office 2003 Basic Edition). Due to circumstances we will move away from our LAN and Exchange server. So my OL2003 will become a stand alone version that does not connect to the Exchange server anymore. (All of my email accounts are POP accounts.) 1. I was wondering if this can be done and how? I tried a couple of searches in Google but did not really find the answer. 2. Seconldy I have made a checklist and I was hoping for some feedback in case I left somethin...

Outlook CRM Client indicates lost connection
Hello, we have a little problem with the Outlook CRM Client (Outlook 2007). We just installed Sharepoint additionally on the CRM server. This changed the web.config, so we had to restore this file. Afterwards we could use CRM as before. The only problem that remains is the little symbol in the task bar stating that there is no connection though CRM is reacting normally. We found that the client is constantly loading the accesscheck.bmp-File to check if there's a connection. In the protocol the requests are replied with a 401.5 error. Granting anonymous access didn't solve the pro...

Outlook Shares
My .net folders are shared but after accepting the message dissapears and nothing happens afterwards. Ive tried all the troubleshooting and knowledge base articles. Can anyone help me? ...

Outlook listview editable
I have a user that, when she clicks on an email message (or other item) in her Outlook list, the cursor inserts itself in the text of the subject line rather than simply highlighting and selecting the message in the list. Any idea how we can fix this? The comctl32.dll seems to be the correct version, and you'd think that if it had corruption problems we'd be in a lot more trouble than this. It is causing lots of problems with our Outlook- integrated DMS. She's running Outlook 2000 SR3 on W2K. Thanks, Tara Runyan Practice Systems Analyst ...

Make my database stand alone
OK, I have my database working fine. Now how do I get it to run on its own without starting up the Access program that I built it in. I want to be able to have it running and usable on its own without all the MS Access menus and toolbars hanging around. You'll need the Developer's tools that are appropriate for whatever version of Access you are using. An application developed in Access requires *some version* of Access be installed on the user's machine. Microsoft provides a royalty-free "Runtime" version of Access that Developers can distribute with applications ...

Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2007
I currently use Outlook 2000 (through an exchange server), but have purchased a new computer which will be used in a different office and has Outlook 2007 installed. I want to copy all of my contacts and emails to the new computer. What do I do ? Unless you're using a Personal Folder for storage, you need do nothing, the default storage location in an Exchange Server environment is your Exchange Server mailbox; Outlook 2007 will find everything there. If you are using a ..PST, look here: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm Outlook & Exchange/Windows Messaging Backup and Dua...

Large emails not delivered
Since yesterday, some large emails (ranging between 8MB and 17MB) have not been delivered to us from internet senders. My mail size limits have been set to 20MB in all the various areas that these limits are specified. All our mail is relayed via Trend, who filter spam, etc, and then forward to us. My online Trend console show that these specific large emails are "Queued for Delivery", since yesterday....still no delivery to our mailboxes. I've been in touch with them but they tend to write us off as something wrong on our side. How can I go about confirming t...

Change Headers That Exchange Uses To Deliver Mail?
When someone sends a BCC mail to recipients in my domain, the TO: header field is blank and as a result, the message is getting dumped into my badmail and a copy is going to the postmaster in my domain. It turns out that our ISP has some kind of SPAM filter that parses the BCC content prior to delivery to me and places the intended recipients in a new header called: X-NETSCAN-TO: Is there a way to tell my exchange server to use the contents of that new header to determine the recipients in addition to the normal TO: header which works the rest of the time? So, have it check TO: and X...

Outlook Express does not respond
Cannot use Outlook Express, hangs, does not respond, "not shut down properly", cursor changes to hour glass when pointed at Tools. Cannot click on anything. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.i...

Is Outlook For Me? (Long)
I'm not sure if Outlook is the right program for me, so I'd like to tell the group what I want to do and what I am using now. WHAT I NEED! I am a photographer and I want a reliable program for handling emails from people responding to my Web Site. I like some sort of Spam filtering; although, I am in a difficult place as most of the people responding are strangers, so I cannot prefilter for known contacts. When someone responds I want to have them placed in an Address Book which can easily be expanded to include significant information; as they provide it in future communica...

Outlook 2003 andf Word 2003
How can I make Outlook 2003 use Word 2003 as an email editor? I have set the appropriate options in Tools / Options, so that Word is used to both edit and read rtf messages. When sending, (composing), messages I can use Word to edit with no problem, as expected by selecting that option anyway. However, if I try to send myself an rtf formatted message to test the setup, it can only be displayed as plain text and the display is an Outlook screen, rather than the expected Word screen. I've tried 'Sending as a Rich Text' message and as 'Convert to HTML'. Have I missed s...

upgrading outlook 2000 to outlook 2003
After Updating to Outlook 2003 I am not able to set Rules and alerts. Rules are giving error. Kindly mail and help in this matter as soon as possible. On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 21:56:29 -0800, Souvik <Souvik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After Updating to Outlook 2003 I am not able to set Rules and alerts. Rules >are giving error. Kindly mail and help in this matter as soon as possible. What errors? -- Dave Mills There are 10 type of people, those that understand binary and those that don't. Souvik <Souvik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After Updating to Out...

Outlook 2007 RSS feeds not refreshing
It seems about every 2 - 3 weeks the RSS feeds need to be deleted and reloaded ( delete all the feeds and reload my OMPL file ) It starts slow and then in a few days I notice almost none of my feeds refresh. I had this problem in the bata and was told it was fixed. -- Richard Green Flight Sim Guru and Beta Tester ...

outlook
outlook HoopleHead dipstick. "Fogel" <pr0p1k@ukr.net> wrote in message news:ef8cfGVCLHA.5584@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... : outlook : : Fogel wrote: > outlook http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/outlook ...

Trying to create formula to give range of stan.deviations of mean
I am trying to create a formula in Excel that will give a mean, two standard deviations and the range on both sides of that mean. Hi Roger, If you really want a single formula to return those four values (one mean value, one value that represents two sd's, and two range values), you'll need to write a user-defined function using VBA, and that function will have to return an array of those values and be array-entered on the worksheet. If you intend to do that frequently, a user-defined function is worth considering. But if you will do this just occasionally, and if you're willi...

Outlook Resource Permissions
I have three conference rooms setup as resources and they are set to auto accept, auto delete, and auto decline conflicts. This works great, but I want to make it so anyone can auto book the rooms, but not be able to read what others have booked. I want the users to see that the room is booked, but they wouldn't be able to see who or why the room is booked while still preserving the ability to book the room for themselves if its open. Is this possible? With Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007 or later, you can set the permissions to Free/Busy time only. Otherwise, restri...

Outlook erases email after reading
Outlook has begun erasing my email. I receive an email, I can open it and read it, but when I close the window it disappears and is nowhere to be found! Yes - I have set it so that it keeps a copy on the server. HELP! Check your view. You're probably set to unread messages. View, Current View or View Arrange By, Current View in Outlook 2003. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Martin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0...

Can't Access Links In Outlook or Outlook Express
I am using Outlook 2000 for my e-mail and until a few days ago could open links in my Outlook E-mail. This no longer works. When clicking on the html/url links nothing happens when using Outlook. I tried reinstalling but this did not help. Links will work however in SBC/Yahoo mail. I prefer Outlook. Can anyone help me? I am using XP Pro with 512 Gig Ram and a 80 Gig HD. Thanks in advance for any assistance. counsel2@sbcglobal.net <counsel2@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2000 for my e-mail and until a few days ago could > open links in my Outlook E-mail. This...

Catalog Merge fields come as Plain Text, but datasource is Rich Te
In creating a Publisher Catalog Merge template, I have an MS Access 2007 database, with a product decription field that is a Memo field, with Rich Text formatting. When I import the field into the Catalog Merge Template the field comes over as Plain Text. The formatting information shows a HTML Tags. Example : "Product Description" shows the quote marks as "Product Description" Any ideas? I can't see any format options in Publisher 2007 to allow me to keep the RTF format. I suggest you create a new publication from the catalog merge and save that result as a ...