SSL error public folders

Hi all

I am running Exchagne 2003 on windows 2003. I have configured my own certificate and i can get to OWA using https without issues, however when i open up ESM and drill down to the public folders icon i get an error that says" the SSL certificate servername is incorrect" I have found an article over at http://www.winntmag.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=40&threadid=119267 and i have follwed it but im still getting this error, and i cant see the public fodlers in ESM, but i can see them in OWA, and outlook

Thanks very much for any help.
0
anonymous (74717)

So you cleared the Require SSL checkbox on the ExAdmin virtual directory?,
you might want to stop and start the www service as well.

--
Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
"skip" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I am running Exchagne 2003 on windows 2003. I have configured my own
> certificate and i can get to OWA using https without issues, however when
> i open up ESM and drill down to the public folders icon i get an error
> that says" the SSL certificate servername is incorrect" I have found an
> article over at
> http://www.winntmag.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=40&threadid=119267
> and i have follwed it but im still getting this error, and i cant see the
> public fodlers in ESM, but i can see them in OWA, and outlook.
>
> Thanks very much for any help.

0
Mark

error code 0x80200010 01-22-10
Cannot download security update even after disabling firewall. I have ESET Smart Security 4 virus and firewall protection. I disabled it and enabled Windows security, but update didn't work. Then I disabled Windows security, but still could not get the update. What is this error code? desperate teacher wrote: > Cannot download security update even after disabling firewall. I > have ESET Smart Security 4 virus and firewall protection. I > disabled it and enabled Windows security, but update didn't work. > Then I disabled Windows security, but still could not get ...

Runtime Error #6
Outlook 2000 will not open. I get the following message: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error Program C:\programfiles\microsoftoffice\office\outlook.exe This application has requested the runtime to terminiate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information. " There is a box on which I am instructed to click OKAY. Upon clicking okay Outlook disappears. Have you tried running Detect and Repair from any Office program? >-----Original Message----- >Outlook 2000 will not open. I get the following message: > &g...

how to check if SSL or SASL is enabled at customer side or not ?
Hi All, While connecting to AD via JNDI, I am getting a error like: javax.naming.AuthenticationNotSupportedException: [LDAP: error code 8 - 00002028: LdapErr: DSID-0C0901FC, comment: The server requires binds to turn on integrity checking if SSL\TLS are not already active on the connection, data 0, v1771] From googling what I came across is, this will be thrown when a particular flavor of authentication requested is not supported. It may be specified using specific authentication schemes such those identified using SASL. And I also got a hint that, the solution would be to use e...

DAODB.H file errors
#include <AFXWIN.H> #include <stdio.h> #include <_dbdao.h> #include <afxole.h> void main() { } I get the errors c:\program files\microsoft sdk\include\_dbdao.h(77) : error C2079: 'CdbBSTR' uses undefined class 'DLLEXPORT' c:\program files\microsoft sdk\include\_dbdao.h(77) : error C2239: unexpected token '{' following declaration of 'CdbBSTR' c:\program files\microsoft sdk\include\_dbdao.h(93) : error C2504: 'COleVariant' : base class undefined c:\program files\microsoft sdk\include\_dbdao.h(95) : error C2146: syntax error : m...

Turning off Circular Error Help
I often create circular errors in formulas. I know how to fix them and dislike the delay as Help automatically opens. How can I turn off the automatic "Help?" If you turn calculation to manual, you won't get the help popping up. eider wrote: > > I often create circular errors in formulas. I know how to fix them and > dislike the delay as Help automatically opens. How can I turn off the > automatic "Help?" -- Dave Peterson Thanks. A good work-around at least. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > If you turn calculation to manual, you won...

How do I fix Error 0x80060040
-- BeachWarrior To troubleshoot send/receive issues see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/sendreceiveerrors.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "MikeyG" <MikeyG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AD6F181-3CFD-4521-87C7-B11F2364AF7A@microsoft.com... > > -- > BeachWarrior ...

Error message #32
Hi Excel 2000 I have seen the error message: 'Not enough system resources to display completely'. The only resolution I have ever found is to rebuild system completely. Is there another workaround for this? Thanks -- Martin Hereford UK ...

Statement Error
I have been using the EMS Data Import program for SQL to import the data from my existing database to our new RMS HQ database. I have successfully imported the customer data, including their account balances. I'm getting an error message when I try to generate statements which is: A10: has a balance discrepancy. Accounts Receivable indicates a balance of €0.00. The last closing balance indicates a balance of €1,457.45 as of 15/09/2007 Can somebody please advise me as to how I can fix this? Regards, Brian McCarthy Brian, This error occurs when you close the customer billin...

Need Help with Weird Error Message
I have Pocket PC 2002, the latest version of ActiveSync (3.7.1), and Office 2003 (Outlook 2003). Ever since I upgraded to from Office 2002 (Outlook 2002), I can no longer synchronize with my desktop PC. When I try to, here is the error message I get: "Microsoft Outlook is no longer installed, so ActiveSync cannot continue to run. To continue synchronization, reinstall Microsoft Outlook. If you no longer want to synchronize your data, disable synchronization in ActiveSync." I reinstalled Outlook 2003 AND ActiveSync, but no luck. Is Pocket PC 2002 incompatible with Outlook 2...

Outlook Error Message #27
I have WinME and Office 97 Pro. This is all my fault, I realize but can you help me? I had wanted to install the old .wda reader because I have a lot of old faxes saved in that format. Well, I installed Windows Messaging and the old Exchange icon appeared on my desktop. Then I got worried that this might interfere in some other programs, so I uninstalled it through Add/Remove. I guess I uninstalled too much because after that I got the following error message upon rebooting. "The OUTLLIB.DLL file is linked to missing export MAPI32.DLL:239" So, guess what - I uninstall IE...

Run time error 5 : HQClient

Renew SSL
Hi, Exchange 2007 on Win2003. The SSL cert is due to expire soon. Is there a recommended renewal procedure, or is it simply creating and installing a new SSL cert before it expires? Any assistance is appreciated. ED. That is pretty much it, you can renew your current certificate with your SSL provider and you should get the new certificate back within 30 min. If you plan on using another CA provider, then it might take a bit longer to authenticate your domain and company. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2010 Microsoft Certified Partner &quo...

Error with Active Directory.
I am trying to install MSCRM onto a new box and i'm getting an Active Directory Permission Error. 18:12:39| Error| Check ActiveDirectoryRightsValidator : Failure: The following permissions are required for organizational unit and all child objects: read, write, modify permissions, create child objects, all extended rights. It's interesting because i have full permission on the OU and am able to install it succesfully on another box. Does anyone have any idea on what Server configuration or permission issues may cause this issue? Thanks in advance for the help. Howard ...

Installation error 08-16-03
I get the following error while trying to install the crm server from the msdn cd's Failed to install Customer Relationship Management Server Failed to provision your initial business Failed to create root business Catastophic Failure (8000FFFF) I need immediate help Thanks ...

Daily Journal PowerToy Installation error
I have a user getting an "unhandled exception" from the .NET Framework when trying to install this PowerToy. It installs fine on other systems, including mine, and they all appear to have the same .NET environment - 1.1, 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, and 3.5 SP1. This PowerToy is so old that I can't find any active links with any helpful information. So I thought I'd hit you guys with this question. Not that you guys are old or anything... ;-) Thanks, Tom ...

Add public folder to distribution group
hi, anyone know how to acheive this, so that emails sent to a distribution group are populated in a public folder too? Make PF visible and add it to DG. Andy Wolsten wrote: > hi, > > anyone know how to acheive this, so that emails sent to a distribution group > are populated in a public folder too? -- Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS. Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org Free Internet calling - www.skype.com Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control, triggers, stored procedures, partial SQ...

error no.0x80040900 with or without Norton anti-virus
Installed Microsoft Office 2003Student edition recently. Problems with Outlook Express, with or without Norton anti-virus disabled. Error no 0x80040900. It dials up internet connection on its own and disconnects frequently. When turning on computer or dialling up i/net laptop sounds like it is being strangled.Laptop new Feb 2006. Vanessa Pardoe-Matthews <Vanessa Pardoe-Matthews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Installed Microsoft Office 2003Student edition recently. Problems with > Outlook Express, with or without Norton anti-virus disabled. Error no > 0x80040900. It d...

MSExchangeIS Public Store Errors 1110
We are running Exchange Verson 6.0 (Build 6249.4; Service Pack 3 We are getting the following error 39 times every hour Event Type: Erro Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Stor Event Category: General Event ID: 111 Date: 2/20/200 Time: 6:21:36 P User: N/ Computer: MAI Description Error 0x0 occurred while writing per-user information for <user@outdomain.com> on database "Staff\Public Folder Store (MAIL)". For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. This error is supposed to be solved by the service pack (Q312966). We applied...

MAPI Errors
I have started to get errors when I try and send an office 2k document from its file:send:mail recipient menu. I get similar errors from all applications. From word I get; "The operation failed due to network or other communication problems. Check your connections and try again." Followed by; "Word couldn't send mail because of MAPI failure: "Unspecified error". From Excel I get; "The operation failed due to network or other communication problems. Check your connections and try again." Followed by "General mail failure. Quit Microsoft Excel...

Exchange 5.5 SSl SMTP
How to enable SSL on SMTP Protocol on Exchange 5.5 on NT4/ Step by step please. It is very important for me . Best regards for all of You These links will provide some ideas http://www.windowsitpro.com/MicrosoftExchangeOutlook/Article/ArticleID/4869/4869.html http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q175439/ "Pawel" wrote: > How to enable SSL on SMTP Protocol on Exchange 5.5 on NT4/ Step by step > please. It is very important for me . > Best regards for all of You > > > ...

error 920
Cannot save drawing as windows bitmap, jpeg, gif etc. Always receive error 920. ------=_NextPart_0001_43527A4E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit To work around this problem, use the following method: > Open your Visio file. >Remove the background file if any exists(File->Page Setup->Page Properties). >Select the entire drawing by creating a selection box, by left clicking the mouse and dragging it over the drawing.(Not by pressing Ctrl A or Edit-> Select All). >Copy the selection by right clicking the mouse and selecting 'Copy' from t...

Error sending e-mail
In Outlook (2002), I can send e-mail normally using address book,type-in address, etc. But on rrofessional organization boards, Monster, etc. When I click on the e- mail address I want to send mail to I get "Can't create the item" errors. It's happening in Outlook and Outlook Express on my system. Any ideas??? Make sure you have Outlook set as your default program in Control Panel-> Internet Options-> tab Programs -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service ...

HTTP Error 403.6
We have been using an exchange server for a years. We have had the OWA option running for over a year. The Problem: The problem started last week. We started getting errors when we tried to access our exchange server via web page. The error is : HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbindden: IP address of the client has been rejected. Internet Information Services (IIS). We cant access the web email from either outside or inside the network. I went throught every option I could find and I did NOT find our IP's in an exception list. Any Ideals? Scott Burke In news:6D06CD75-1B92-495B-A4B0-3B3975A...

Add-in function has #NAME error
I am using Excel 2000 and after I loaded my first custom-written addin, the addin function is apparently not recognized because when I put the function into a cell I get a #NAME error. The function name appears in the function drop-down list (I think this is called the Name Box) under "user defined" as you would expect. And I can pick it from there to put it into a cell. This eliminates any typo problem, but as I said I still get a #NAME error. In summary, I can pick the addin function from the Name Box and yet I get the #NAME error. I think "#NAME" means the item i...

SSL
Why can't I send using SSL? I can receive messages but can't send. I've asked everyone I know for help, but everyone has a different idea. I've tried everything I can think of. Is there an Outlook glitch I don't know about? Are you trying to use SSL on a non-standard SMTP port? (e.g. Non-standard SMTP port means that the account is configured to try and send e-mail on a port that does not equal 25 or 465.) "Garth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02af01c4f236$60d95c70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Why can't I send usin...