sqlservr.exe process and memory usage #2

sqlservr.exe keeps going up and up all the time on our exchange 2003 box.
can I just start and restart the process? How big should it get? What's it
used for?

I see 4 instances of it. also, Backup exec is on this machine. Thanks for
any info on this. I'm trying to figure out what's eating memory up.

Thanks.

0
fukuzz (18)

"Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote:

>sqlservr.exe keeps going up and up all the time on our exchange 2003 box.
>can I just start and restart the process?

You can kill it if you like. It's not used by Exchange.

>How big should it get?

How long is a piece of string?

>What's it
>used for?

Accessing a database, but not one that Exchange uses.

>I see 4 instances of it. also, Backup exec is on this machine.

Well, there ya go. That product, IIRC, uses a local MSDE database. Why
you have four instances of the process, I can't say. Might be time to
engage their support folks or look for help in a place that
specializes in that product.

>Thanks for
>any info on this. I'm trying to figure out what's eating memory up.

How much memory? How much do you have on the machine?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

> "Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>sqlservr.exe keeps going up and up all the time on our exchange 2003 box.
>>can I just start and restart the process?
>
> You can kill it if you like. It's not used by Exchange.
>
>>How big should it get?
>
> How long is a piece of string?
>
>>What's it
>>used for?
>
> Accessing a database, but not one that Exchange uses.
>
>>I see 4 instances of it. also, Backup exec is on this machine.
>
> Well, there ya go. That product, IIRC, uses a local MSDE database. Why
> you have four instances of the process, I can't say. Might be time to
> engage their support folks or look for help in a place that
> specializes in that product.
>
>>Thanks for
>>any info on this. I'm trying to figure out what's eating memory up.
>
> How much memory? How much do you have on the machine?
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
fukuzz (18)
4/29/2007 6:53:13 PM
Probably has Sharepoint, WSUS and Blackberry all on the same server too,
that plus the BackupExec would make for 4 instances of sqlsrvr.

> "Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>sqlservr.exe keeps going up and up all the time on our exchange 2003 box.
>>can I just start and restart the process?
>
> You can kill it if you like. It's not used by Exchange.
>
>>How big should it get?
>
> How long is a piece of string?
>
>>What's it
>>used for?
>
> Accessing a database, but not one that Exchange uses.
>
>>I see 4 instances of it. also, Backup exec is on this machine.
>
> Well, there ya go. That product, IIRC, uses a local MSDE database. Why
> you have four instances of the process, I can't say. Might be time to
> engage their support folks or look for help in a place that
> specializes in that product.
>
>>Thanks for
>>any info on this. I'm trying to figure out what's eating memory up.
>
> How much memory? How much do you have on the machine?
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
awebb7472 (650)
4/30/2007 1:03:50 AM
My guess is that they don't, but that's a guess.

"Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks again everyone. I'll start by calling BE support to see why I have
> 4 instances of SQL going.
>

> "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message
>> "Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>sqlservr.exe keeps going up and up all the time on our exchange 2003 box.
>>>can I just start and restart the process?
>>
>> You can kill it if you like. It's not used by Exchange.
>>
>>>How big should it get?
>>
>> How long is a piece of string?
>>
>>>What's it
>>>used for?
>>
>> Accessing a database, but not one that Exchange uses.
>>
>>>I see 4 instances of it. also, Backup exec is on this machine.
>>
>> Well, there ya go. That product, IIRC, uses a local MSDE database. Why
>> you have four instances of the process, I can't say. Might be time to
>> engage their support folks or look for help in a place that
>> specializes in that product.
>>
>>>Thanks for
>>>any info on this. I'm trying to figure out what's eating memory up.
>>
>> How much memory? How much do you have on the machine?
>>
>> --
>> Rich Matheisen
>> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>> MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
>> Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com
>> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
>> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
>> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
awebb7472 (650)

Print Styles #2
The boss in using WindowsXP and Outlook 2003. The rest of us are using Windows 2000 and Outlook 2002. When I print an email with an attachment in "memo" style it shows an icon of the attachment with the name of the doucment attached. The boss' does not. It doesn't show that there are attachments to his email at all. When I look at "File," "Page Setup," "Memo Style" on my Outlook 2002 I see three tabs: Format, Paper and Header/Footer. When we look at the same thing on the boss' Outlook 2003, there are no tabs and the options look much m...

hotmail showing up 2 icon but both of them're not contact to out l
I don't know why my out look doesn't connect to hotmail, also i got icon hotmail 2 icons both of them asking for password even I been login the right password it doesn't help. Still can't use out look please help suppapac ...

Entering a Time into EXCEL #2
When I enter a time in that is PM it enters it in in military time. How can i just get regular time or am i just going to have to adjust to this. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Format, cells, time, and pick the format you like -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "h...

OT
Hi Guys, Sorry about the offtopic message. I have an old exe (16 bit). Don't have the source. I want to step throught the exe. I tried loading it in VS 2003 and even 4.1 but couldn't get it to do it. I remember doing that with exe's back in DOS days. Opening the exe in TASM and stepping through the exe. Does anyone know of a program that will let me do this? Ali "AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message news:4464e25b$0$23762$a8266bb1@reader.corenews.com... > Hi Guys, > > Sorry about the offtopic message. > > I have an old exe (16 bit). Don...

OWA at 2 locations
Queston regarding OWA with 1 domain - multiple servers - 2 locations. All domain accounts currently sync on all DC servers. Building one is in Maryland with a Win2K3 file server and a Win2K3 & Exchange 2K3 server. All employees in that building's mailboxes are on that Exchange machine. All can log into OWA using https://mail.domainname.com/exchange Building #2 is in Massachusetts on a different subnet with a DC/file server. Installed a Win2K3 & Exchange server there and moved mailboxes for users in that building from the MD server to the Exchange server in Mass. Move went ...

Execute dlls in seperate process
Hi I have .NET dll written in C# It's have a many classes and have many clients that use this dll. Now i have request to run this dll out-of-process without change the clients! I don't know if there is simple way to do it (like in VB6 just to change dll to ActiveX EXE) Any suggestions ? Thanks Michaelov, Itzik wrote: > Hi > > I have .NET dll written in C# > It's have a many classes and have many clients that use this dll. > Now i have request to run this dll out-of-process without change the > clients! > I don't know if there is ...

Outlook stationery #2
I recently upgraded to Office 2003. Now the stationery I have for Outlook (downloaded from various stationery sites) doesn't work correctly. The margins are not right and after I send an email and go to my "sent mail" to look at it...the words are in an even smaller margin space than when I typed it! There are only a couple of words per line so it looks like a column. The original margins can sometimes be corrected by using "decrease margin indent", but sometimes not. How can I get my stationery to work correctly again? -- gramlin ...

ping check without ping.exe?
possible with vbs? thanks. "Tyler Durden" <abuse@antispam.org> wrote in message news:uNSaqjdoKHA.5696@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > possible with vbs? thanks. You can use the Win32_PingStatus class of WMI. See the third example program linked in this page: http://www.rlmueller.net/PingComputers.htm -- Richard Mueller MVP Directory Services Hilltop Lab - http://www.rlmueller.net -- worked as expected, I hope that this help others too. thanks :) "Richard Mueller [MVP]" <rlmueller-nospam@ameritech.nospam.net> wrote in messag...

excel passwords #2
I need to know how to set up a password and change a password to prevent access to my workbook.TIA Use workbook/sheet protection. Select tools menu>protection. There you can select the type of protection you want and include a password Regards, F.I. >-----Original Message----- >I need to know how to set up a password and change a >password to prevent access to my workbook.TIA >. > ...

RptSvr32.exe and frxpdfsvr.exe
FRX Report Server RptSvr32.exe and the process frxpdfsvr.exe should run as a service. It should not require that server consoles are left logged in for it to run. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/N...

Problems in Outlook 2003 #2
I have a Exchange Server 5.5 in my organization and I've recently installed Outlook 2003 in one new workstation. the problem is that after configuring an Exchange mailbox, outlook 2003 is always "Trying to reconnect" and "Retrieving data from server". With Outlook XP it works fine... Any ideas? Thanks in advanced. ...

How to limit store.exe and sqlservr.exe's RAM hunger
I know that store.exe should release memory when other applications ask for it, but in my server, store.exe and sqlservr.exe both fight for the most, and leave little for other applications. I have 3 GB RAM and currently 3,6 GB PF usage. This means I hear the harddisk being busy the whole time when accessing applications. What can be done to change the amount of RAM used for store.exe and sqlservr.exe ? Thanks On 21 Nov 2006 12:32:20 -0800, "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote: >I know that store.exe should release memory when other applications ask >for it, but in my se...

Why do I get 2 copies of every email?
I just changed over from Oulook Express to Outlook and I get my comcast mail via POP3 settings. Everytime a new email comes in there are two copies. When I imported my mail from OE there were also two copies. Hi Jephray maybe on this site you will find your solution: Why does my Outlook keep receiving duplicate messages? http://www.comentum.com/outlook-issues.html -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Share your contacts, calendars or e-mails http://www.publicshareware.com "Jephray" <Jephray@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitr...

Box and whisker plots #2
Can anyone help? Does excel have a box plot graph function. i.e. like a bar chart except the bars are "floating" with the top value on the box representing the 75th centile, the bottom of the box representing the 25th centile, then error bars from the top of the box representing 90th centile and error bars from bottom of box representing 10th centile. I also would like to put a line within the box representing the median. Thanks John Hi, See Jon's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhisker.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.and...

MSPUB.exe generates system errors
I attempt to launch a Publisher documnent and it gives an error "MSPUB.exe has generated errors and will shut down". What would cause this? I am running Windows 2000 sp4 and Office 2000 Professional sp3???? kevin wrote: > I attempt to launch a Publisher documnent and it gives an > error "MSPUB.exe has generated errors and will shut > down". What would cause this? I am running Windows 2000 > sp4 and Office 2000 Professional sp3???? ============================= Maybe the following KB article will offer some ideas: (243820) PUB2000 Errors When Saving Publication...

Process Hold
Is there any way to make GP version 10 show only the documents on hold while removing the hold instead of showing all documents , it is misleading for the user Regards -- aboody Dear aboody I understand your question. When You are inserting Type by invoice and click Restrictions, the system displays all the invoices irrespective of the fact whether it is on hold or not and it is difficult to identify which transactions are on hold that need to be removed and so on. I'd suggest a workaround to you for identifying the Process Holds easily. Create a Batch that is deidcated to Process H...

How do i Select an A3 Publication to print on 2 A4's???
Hi, I was just wondering how i would tell Publisher that i want an A3 publication but i want it to print on 2 A4's. currently, instead of using two A4s which would be perfect size, its using 4 A4's and only printing in the middle orners of the pages. how would i change that so it only used 2 A4s Thanks. Elliot wrote: > I was just wondering how i would tell Publisher that i want an A3 > publication but i want it to print on 2 A4's. > > currently, instead of using two A4s which would be perfect size, its using 4 > A4's and only printing in the middle o...

Changing Inventory Item Types #2
In GP7.5, is there any way to change inventory item types once they have been used? Can the item be deleted and then recreated at the end of a year? Are there any utility programs that can do this? In particular, I've got some "sales inventory" items that I want to convert to "kits" and others that need to be "services" We are on 8.0, but I don't think it is possible to change the item type - not even with Professional System Tools. We have changed the item name (via tools) to include the word Discontinued. Then we set up a new item to repl...

Help me #2
Hi all, I have a MFC dll, in this dll I have a function. This is function's prototype: int GetCellAt(double left, double top, LPDISPATCH* lpCell). In this function I asign a valid pointer to lpCell. In the programe that uses this dll I call this function but after calling this function lpCell is always NULL. When I change the function declaration like this : LPDISPATCH GetCellAt(double,double) and in this function I return the pointer that I asigned to lpCell. After calling this function I get an valid pointer. Please tell me why? In your first function, you have declared a &q...

hiding columns automatically #2
I have a number of columns on a spreadsheet that need not be viewed or printed if a given field within that range is zero. I am lloking for syntax that will automatically hide (say) columns a to f where the value in (say) c20 is less than 1? I have macro that closes the columns if I select them manually but given volumes need to do this automatically. Any ideas Thanks Something like this perhaps? You will have to assign it to a button or run it from the macro dialog. Sub HideAtoF() If Range("C20").Value < 1 _ Then Range("A:F").Columns.EntireColumn.Hi...

CACLS command for cmd.exe?
I nee help with the cacls command. I can lock a file but cannot unlock a file? Or do you have to be the admin to unlock a file? ...

debugging memory leak in mfc
My debug build of program dumps the following in the trace when terminated: Detected memory leaks! Dumping objects -> {153} normal block at 0x00386AA8, 12 bytes long. Data: <hh8 > 68 68 38 00 00 00 00 00 06 00 00 00 {152} normal block at 0x00386A68, 16 bytes long. Data: < > 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Where do I start looking for the memory leak? Is there any way to track the address to a corresponding object? Try using this: http://www.codeproject.com/tools/visualleakdetector.asp U´┐Żytkownik "Pesso" <pesso@no.where> napi...

Svhost.exe using 100% Processor on XP Professional
I have one desktop that is running XP Professional SP3 on a server 2003 Domain, all security patches are up to date, all systems run Symentec Endpoint Protection 11.0.5. This one system starting using 100% processor for svhost.exe when the system boots up a few days ago, we go to task manager see the svhost.exe that is using all of the processor, end that task, and the user is back in business. I saw some information on the net that is may be a virus --- I boot the machine up in safe mode, with system restore off, ran a full scan and no threats, also ran a full scan while n...

Error 0x80040110 Outlook.pst PST2GB.EXE
Apparently file outlook.pst got corrupted somehow. Not I just get error message as above and a "cyclic redundacy check" comment. Part of the posted remedy is to run a program called "pst2gb.exe". Does anyone know where to get this program? Do I have to phone Microsoft?! Thx. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296088 -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to recent events in spam and malicious programs, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "shadow" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:788901c3...

date formulas #2
I have designed a excel invoice for a small busines I run. One of the formula's I have used is =Now()which puts the current date on the spreadsheet. Where my problem occurs is, if several months later I am asked by a customer for a dulicate copy of the invoice and I retreive the invoice the current date is put in. Question, is there anyway I can retreive an invoice and still maintain the original date. Doug Doug, One suggestion: When you save the original invoice do a Copy, Paste Special|Values on the cell that contains the invoice date. HTH, Fred >-----Original Message----- &g...