SP2 fails to complete

Server 2000 SP4, Exchange 2003 SP1
SP2 install fails to complete, somewhat similar to KB 919076 but without
interupting mail flow.
Error message from install routine:

Exchange Server component Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration
Services failed.
Error: 0xc107041d - 0xc007041d - The service did not respond to the start or
control request in a timely fashion. (EXIFS)

Looking in event viewer showed that error maessage immediatly preceeded by

Faulting application inetinfo.exe, version 5.0.2195.6620, stamp 3de2893b,
faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault
address 0x6d701e43.

0
Steve3367 (861)

gridlines in outlook 2002 (sp2) messages
im trying to make outlook print gridlines from excel sheets. i copy a piece of an excel worksheet into clipboard and paste it into an outlook email. the gridlines appear ok. but when i go to print- they dont appear on the preview or the print out. what do i need to do to make them visible? also when i paste the same clipboard contents into wordpad and select print preview, the gridlines work! the only way i can figure how to get the gridlines to work in outlook is to paste special and select "microsoft excel worksheet". but the people here are pedantic, and want to be able to just p...

Complete information extraction from archive files.
I have a number of Outlook archive files (.pst). Is there an easy way to access information from them other than by using Outlook? If not, is the way to extract data in text form (so that it can be processed by other utilities) to open the archive using Outlook, and save all the messages to file - is there a way to also get the full headers? "Chris Bacon" <chrispbacon@thai.com> wrote in message news:448fe9d0$1@newsgate.x-privat.org... >I have a number of Outlook archive files (.pst). Is there an easy > way to access information from them other than by using Outlook? &g...

Outlook fails to memorize addresses
I am running the latest version of Outlook on the Windows 7 OS. In Outlook, the nickname or cache file (*MK2) is very haphazard in memorizing addresses; sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it "forgets" the ones it memorized earlier. There is no pattern to it that I can find. It's very annoying to have to type out or search for the same addresses day in and day out. Has anyone else encountered this and if so, did you find a fix? Sounds like operating system issues. nk2 file not saving when you close? Or anti-virus interfering perhaps? rob in con...

Installation of WinUSB on XP Pro SP2
I'm currently trying to get WinUSB installed on my XP Pro SP2 machine and every time I try and install the device and point to where the .inf files are it says it can't install the hardware because it can't find the software. Here are the steps I have taken so far: 1. Downloaded winusbdemo.inf from Jan Axelson's page 2. Modified .inf file to use the 1.9 drivers 3. Create a directory structure that had \i386 subdirectory and then put WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll, WdfCoInstaller01009.dll, and WUDFUpdate_01009.dll files into it 3. Used inf2cat to create the .cat file (did th...

Outlook 11.8010.6568 (SP2) vs 11.8206.8172 (SP3) issue with OFT file
It seems that ever since I updated my OL from Outlook 11.8010.6568 (SP2) vs 11.8206.8172 (SP3) I cannot run a Template .OFT file by just clicking on it, now I need to run it from the "Choose Form" Menu Is there any work around ? Thanks.. That is a security "feature" for templates with custom properties or fields. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907985 for more information. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailt...

sp2
I cannot install the new SP2. It starts installing but suddenly it an error appears stating that i'm installing from a removable disk (which I'm Not) asking to provide a source for the MSI file. Can anyone help!!!! It's probably just asking for the Store Operations CD. I've had that happen with several of the Hot Fixes. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information ...

Backout of SP2
After you have update from Exchange server 2003 SP1 to SP2 is there anyway to revert back to SP1 if you have issues with the update? I was also wondering what specific issues I should test before installing it on my network? I have it installed on a test server windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2. The test systems is working fine Thanks Janelle On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:51:28 -0800, "Janelle" <Janelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After you have update from Exchange server 2003 SP1 to SP2 is there anyway to >revert back to SP1 if you have issues with the update...

StartDoc() fails when "Print Directly to Printer" is selected
Hi, I have an application that print an image file. Everything works fine with the normal printer settings. But if I go to Printer->Properties->Advanced and select "Print Directly to Printer" , then StartDoc() fails and GetLastError() return 6 (Handle is invalid). i'm just not able to figure this out...please help ...

OE6: The connection to the server has failed
outlook express 6 The connection to the server has failed. Protocol: SMTP, port 25, secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F I have been sending and recieving email to this address for a couple years. Suddenly I can only recieve, not send. Anyone able to help? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02a301c3b9d3$2b04aab0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > outlook express 6 The connection to the server has > failed. Protocol: SMTP, port 25, secure(SSL): No, Error > Number: 0x800CCC0F > > I have been sending and recieving email to this address > for a cou...

Slipstreaming XPx64 + SP2
I'm trying to integrate SP2 into a SP1 setup. I get this error [http://lookpic.com/i/17/NvMj0yvW.jpeg] The same thing happens with nLite. Has anyone successfully done this ? Yes, I slipstreamed SP2 in XP x64 SP1 using nLite without any problem about 2 years ago. You may have a corrupted SP2 file. On 2010-02-16 01:09, Kevin E. wrote: > I'm trying to integrate SP2 into a SP1 setup. I get this error > [http://lookpic.com/i/17/NvMj0yvW.jpeg] > > The same thing happens with nLite. Has anyone successfully done this ? Iv downloaded the SP2 package on both my d...

Export register data from Money Plus to Excel? Moneylink failed.
How can I export data from the transaction register in Money Plus to Excel 2007? I tried installing Ultrasoft Moneylink as an Add-in but it doesn't seem to launch at all - even if it did work, I understand that only reports data can be exchanged. I'd even be willing to scan a printout of the register if I knew how to print that first. Thanks Hi, I don't know a thing about Money Plus. That said, if the Ultrasoft Moneylink add-in is for Excel, then in Excel choose Office Button, Excel Options, Add-ins, and click the Go button at the bottom of the window. If you see yo...

files corrupted after installing office sp2
after installing office sp2 I cannot open old excel files. all files that created before installing sp2 are corrupted. help!!! Can you copy them and open them on other machines? -- kevindmorgan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kevindmorgan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32232 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=519909 Yes "kevindmorgan" <kevindmorgan.24blam_1141769401.2421@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kevindmorgan.24blam_1141769401...

Failed delivery msgs for unknown addresses
I am now getting failed delivery messages for addresses I have never seen before. I have AVG running and it has found nothing....but several times a day the hard drive indicator lights up and everything slows to a crawl and email stops. Nothing shows up in the Windows Task Manager under the Applications Tab. What is going on? Chattagator wrote: > I am now getting failed delivery messages for addresses I have never seen > before. I have AVG running and it has found nothing....but several times a > day the hard drive indicator lights up and everything slows to a c...

Failed to find SQL Express installation file SQLEXPRESS\SQLExpr.exe
I am trying to install ms crm laptop client and it keeps giving me this error: "Failed to find SQL Express installation file SQLEXPRESS\SQLExpr.exe" I have tried the following without success: - Copied the ISO Image's files on to laptop and renamed the sql express folder to match the above message - Separately installed the sqlexpress server I am trying to uninstall all the instances of sql/msde/sqlexpress right now. I will try to install again after that. Lets see. ...

SaveBarState fails when it is called from a thread
Hi, In my application, I use SaveBarState() for persisting control bar state. The code fragment is something like this. void CMainFrame::OnSavePersistance() { SaveBarState(_T("My Persistence")); // Saves some information to an xml file } Since my xml saving takes some time I changed the code to execute in a thread UINT ThreadFn(LPVOID pParam) { CMainFrame* pThis = (CMainFrame*)pParam; pThis->SaveBarState(_T("My Persistence")); return 0; } void CMainFrame::OnCntrlbartst() { AfxBeginThread( ThreadFn, this ); } But, now in the thread function SaveBarState...

Exchange 2003 SP2, AD 2003 SP2
With exchange 2003 how do I configure a user who is a company manager to have rights to one of his subbodinates' email account so he (the manager) can send out an email as if they (the manager) were that person (the subordinate) sending it. Sending on behalf of is not enough for the manager, he want to send being the subordinate. Any ideas? First turn on Advanced Features under the View menu in Active Directory Users and Computers. Then go into the properties of the user the manager wants to send as. Click the Security tab, add the manager, and give the manager Send As pe...

Loss of Internet on SBS 2003 SP2
We loose Internet every few weeks and a restart of the server seems to fix it. This time when it happened I checked the router remotely, before rebooting the SBS 2003 SP2 server, and did a ping and trace and all seems good with it… which tells me that I have internet access but the SBS server is not allowing it. On another note I can remotely connect using gotomypc successfully when this occurs and can access both the server and clients. We have a DSL modem w/ a fixed IP and it is setup as a pass-through device to the router. I have the server setup as the DNS server and no...

XP SP2 msoobe error after resealing system with sysprep
Hi, I'm running XP Pro SP2 on a Dell Inspiron 5150, ran sysprep in order to reset the GUID and SID's for an Enterprise software but now it's giving me an msoobe.exe error... saying the system is not completely installed and I'm in an endless loop not being able to bootup. Googling I found that the culprit is most likely the WMP11, and the solution is to either uninstall it or run a hotfix from Microsoft, but since I can't bootup the machine, I need a way to do that in a command window. I have tried overwriting the msobmain.dll (as was suggested being the ...

Service pack upgrade
Hi all, I'm trying to migrate from GP 8.0 SP2 to SP5. I have customized screen for sales transaction entry. When i upgraded and tested it, i ended up with the issue of invoice not posting. Which was working correctly before the upgrade. Any thoughts could help me to solve it. Can anybody put your suggestions? Thanks for you support. Can you provide more details. 1.) Were you able to transfer all your customizations to the upgraded one - from screen, code, reports and tables ? 2.) During the upgrade, have you encountered problems? 3.) When you say not posting, are there any error re...

Updates failing to install on my computer
I have done everything I have been asked to do with these updates SEVERAL times but I keep getting these updates and they keep failing. Please let me know why this is happening and what needs to be done to get them to be installed on my computer. Here is what I am getting. Thanks Security Update for Microsoft Office 2003 (KB976382) Download size: 1.6 MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect. Update type: Important A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Office 2003 that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modifi...

MSCRM API failing with User defined fields.Help !

In Outlook 2k w/Word as editor, e-mail style fails
I use Word as the editor under Outlook. When Word is open, the style box shows my name as a defined style for the text of a note. I have modified this style and applied it repeatly, but it will not "take." In my case, I'm stuck in 10-point type with a wide line length that make it very hard for me to read. Advice? Thanks. ...

SP2
I downloaded SP@ and now I can't send messages from outlook. HELP!!!!! if u think it is SP2, have u tried a deinstallation for a recheck ? Greetings Roger "Neil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3ab901c4af2a$0c3e4030$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I downloaded SP@ and now I can't send messages from > outlook. HELP!!!!! What version of Outlook do you have? Do you get any error messages when you try to send? If so what are they? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,...

Win2003 Sp2 & EX2003 SP2
Is there any known issues with installing SP2 on Win2003 for EX2003 SP2? We are just planning our install and just wanted any input from people who have had issues? TIA Chris On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 19:31:56 -0000, "Chris D" <cdove@hot.ma.il.com> wrote: >Is there any known issues with installing SP2 on Win2003 for EX2003 SP2? > >We are just planning our install and just wanted any input from people who >have had issues? > >TIA > >Chris > From what I can recall from four or five years ago you're ok. Just have a good ...

Report Load Failed
when i deploy my project, crystel report have an error "report load failed".This project made in C# desktop application 2008. In solution, there is no error beacuse the crystel report path work well in solution but no well in deployment. ...