SometimesSenders Name does not appear when posting to a public fol

We are using a Public folder setup with a Moderator. We have noticed that
when some senders post something on to the Folder, sender name does not
appear. THis is the case with only some users. Instead of the Senders name
the moderator gets the public folder name as sender.

We using Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003.

Anyone any ideas. This seems to be a bug. As it only happens with some users.
0
cneil (5)

Synchronisation of a public task folder with private task folders
Hello to all. Sorry for my english, i am from germany. I have a question that i asked in a few other newsgroups, and nobody seems to know any solution, so i hope i can get some help here. We want to synchronize a task folder in the public folders with the task folders in the mailboxes of 5 users. These users have BlackBerrys and are on the road, and another user stays in the company and should see all states of the tasks of all users in this one public folder. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you very much Greetings, Thorsten Keep an eye on www.diditbetter.com They don't (IIR...

Change Business Unit Names
Is there a way to change the Names of the CRM units? We have 4 major units, but they have all recently changed their names, but in CRM they are still indentified by the old names. Biggest problem with this is that the BU's have corresponding Org Units in AD. If you have a dev/test server you could try the following to see if it works: - Rename the BU in the BusinessUnitBase table - Rename the corresponding OU In Active Directory I don't know if the names need to be kept in sync since most of the ties are done through the SID's, but it helps for debuggin if they have the same ...

can I set the "display as" to just send the name and not addrs
"Display As"" is it possible to send an email displaying just the name without the email address? If I try to change the "displsy as" to the name without the email address it always goes back to the name with the address. You can edit the Email Display As field directly to show what you want. It won't really accomplish anything, but you can do it. -- Russ Valentine "Airdale" <Airdale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34AFC38C-4C05-42EC-BA52-196C02FEFA27@microsoft.com... > "Display As"" > is it po...

OWA Public Folders
I have a set of public folders that have freedocs in them which no one is able to open; here are the pertinent facts: 1. Users have the correct permissions and are able to open these docs from a regular Outlook session. 2. Freedocs are enabled on the OWA server, and users are able to access freedocs in other public folders from the same OWA session where they are unable to access these files. 3. These folders were recently restored from a backup. Does anyone have any insight into what I need to do to restore OWA visibility to these folders? Thanks in advance for you help. ...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Saturday, June 26, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 140 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Likewise, a comprehensive archive of this newsgroup is available at http://groups.google.com. Click on Advanced Groups Search; there you should specify newsgroup microsoft.public.money and some search terms you consi...

In excell, I put an invalid character on a worksheet name tab, no.
I am several worksheets into a project and in naming a tab I put an invalid character on the tab name. Now, any touch of the keybord or mouse just gets me an error message and nothing is active....what to do? Press Esc key .. should cancel the action -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "lyk" <lyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4D27876-A4E4-4B22-82B1-6E18DE736D64@microsoft.com... > I am several worksheets into a project and in naming a tab I put an invalid > character on the tab na...

Reference text in a cell inside a formula to specify a sheet name
I would like to set up a formula that uses the text from an adjacent cell to determine the sheet and cell location that is used in the formula. i.e. instead of =IF(sheet1!P9>0,sheet2!A4,"") I would like the sheet1 part of the formula to be the text from a cell beside the formula cell. How do I do tell the formula to use that text rather than havin gto specify the sheet each time? Thx. Try it like this... A1 = Sheet1 =IF(INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!P9")>0,Sheet2!A4,"") -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "navel1...

Replace a comma with a period in a cell containing a lastname, first name, middle i
Hello - I am trying to clean some data and need to change all of my names from McLaughlin, Victor, (i.e, comma) W to McLaughlin, Victor.(i.e., period) W Is there an extract and replace formula or method of som sort (in excel or access) that will allow me to pull the first comma from the right and replace it with a period. Thanks for any suggestions! Select the cells you want to change and run this tiny macro: Sub comma_tose() For Each r In Selection v = StrReverse(r.Value) r.Value = StrReverse(Replace(v, ",", ".", 1, 1)) Next End Sub For example: a,b,c,d wi...

Return the name of cell to sheet name
How do I return the cell name to the sheet name. When I start a ne sheet I write a name in a cell and I want it to automatically renam the sheet to that cell name //Andrea Olsso -- AndreaOlsso ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AndreaOlsson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1651 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31367 introduce this in <thisworkbook> event code begins Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range) ActiveSheet.Name =...

NDR on mail-enabled public folder
Hi All When ever I send in internal e-mail to one of my mail-enabled public folders I get a NDR with an error code 5.2.1. I have checked the e-mail address and that seems to be correct. How can I correct this? Thanks On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 11:19:02 -0700, Mike Moore <MikeMoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All > >When ever I send in internal e-mail to one of my mail-enabled public folders >I get a NDR with an error code 5.2.1. I have checked the e-mail address and >that seems to be correct. How can I correct this? > >Thanks Permissions to contribute t...

SometimesSenders Name does not appear when posting to a public fol
We are using a Public folder setup with a Moderator. We have noticed that when some senders post something on to the Folder, sender name does not appear. THis is the case with only some users. Instead of the Senders name the moderator gets the public folder name as sender. We using Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003. Anyone any ideas. This seems to be a bug. As it only happens with some users. ...

Macro to hide worksheet based upon text in the name
Is it possible to have a macro that hides worksheets based upon text contained or not contained in the worksheet name? Suppose i have several worksheets but want to hide ony the ones that don't have the text "HOLD" in the name; worksheet names: Data_HOLD Data Selection_HOLD etc.... or maybe base it upon the WS tab color.... Thanks, Joe M. Hi, This will hide all worksheets with Hold anywhere in the name Sub Hide_shts() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets If InStr(1, ws.Name, "Hold", vbTextCompare) Then ws....

Public Folder Not Receiving EMails or sending responses
First time doing this, I put up a public folder, designed a custom for for it, mail enabled, and set up a rule to forward emails. I had some trouble with it, and ended up deleting and remaking the folder. Now it won't receive emails (and it won't send replies either). If I create a new folder and take the same steps, it works (except the replies don't work). Unfortunately I really need to use the folder's original name and email address. It looks like I have 2 problems: The email addressing for the folder is somehow corrupt, and I need to be able to send autoreplies wh...

Another Method for Parsing Names
Having bothered others with ways of parsing names, I thought I'd at lease contribute a simple solution for doing the complete job... Assume you have names of the following types in column C Mrs Dorothy Hannity Dr P R Rogers Dana Delany Mr Bradley K Pitts Type the following formulas into the specified cells: O1=FIND(" ",C1) Determines the location/existence of the blank following the Salutaton or First Name P1=FIND(" ",C1,FIND(" ",C1)+1) Determines the location/existence of the blank following the First Name ...

Exchange 2000 mailbox shows another user name other than the owner's name
Hi; When I go to the mailbox in System Manager of Exchange 2000, I found that some mailboxes which are accessed or logged on by another user name. For example; the "Last Logged on By" column for mailbox "Sam" showing logged on by John. I checked the mailbox of Sam, he did not share his mailbox with John. Why it displays like that? I am using Veritas to backup Exchange, but I used a system account to logon mailbox for backup. What is the other factor? Thanks! ...

550 relaying mail to <domain name> is not allowed
I keep getting this message generated by the system administrator when I try sending emails to some email adddresses. Anyone know why and where I can find a fix? John You probably need to authenticate to your outgoing server. You can set this up on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Joh" <jrwalton@talk21.com> wrote in message news:028601c35cc4$222c7470$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I keep getting this message generated by the system...

Chart Names
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this is an easy one but I just can't figure it out. I have a worksheet with 3 charts on it. I need to write some VBA to select each chart in turn and change its axis settings. So I figured the first thing to do is to name the charts so that I can select them properly in the VBA. But how do I name a chart??? If I select the chart I get "Chart Area" in the name box and I can't edit it. Many thanks for any help, Tony M As answered in .programming -- Hold the Ctrl key and click on the chart to select it. Click in the Name Box, type a new ...

Naming a range
I have a such macro : Private Sub Macro1(arkusz As Worksheet) arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Select Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select Arkusz50.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="A1", RefersToR1C1:=Selection zLastRow = zLastRow + arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Rows.Count Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=ActiveCell End Sub However the above macro doesnt work (this part: ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:=&quo...

How do I get the zip codes to appear in match fields as default?
When I merge addresses from Outlook contacts to enveolpes, I insert the address block and merge the addresses but the zip code doesn't appear. I know you go into match fields to where it says "not available" you click the drop-down and add what you need. But shouldn't there be a way to get the zip codes to come up automatically? It is an address. Spouse name is always available. Thanks for your help. ...

Name Assignment
I need to assign a staff memeber to a group of clients Staff Names Clients Milk Shoe A-F Form Code G-L John DOe M-P The table that contains the client information CREATE TABLE [dbo].[FD__CLIENTS]( [OP__DOCID] [int] NOT NULL, [Fullname] [varchar](68) NULL, [NameF] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameL] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameMI] [varchar](20) NULL CONSTRAINT [PK_FD__CLIENTS] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED There is a staff table but there is nothing that ties it to the clients table. So the staf names will have to be hardcoded. Any ideas? On...

OWA open email and public folder
We are using forms based authentication. Does anyone know a way to automatically open the users email box AND a specific public folder after authenication. I know how to open a folder, what I want to do is open both a public folder and an email box programically(at the same time) after Forms based authenication. >-----Original Message----- >Add the name on the mailbox or public folder to the end of the owa url. Then login with an account that has access. > >https://owa.exchange.com/exchange/jsmith >https://owa.exchange.com/exchange/folder > >Thanks, >Chad >...

Inventory Series Posting Problem
I have one user who has a problem series posting inventory batches. The user creates a batch enters adjustments to it and saves the transactions. He then post the batch in inventory series posting. The batch seems to post o.k., but is still visible in the batch activity screen. It's not until the user logs out of GP and back in again that the posting clears. Any ideas why? GP version 7.5 ...

How do I remove the sheet name from a named formula?
I would like to use the same name to refer to the same set of cells on different worksheets: SheetTitle=$A$1 but when I try this it reverts to SheetTitle=Sheet1!$A$1 Any ideas how to do it? I could use =IF(,,,) if I knew how to look up the currently active sheet; =IF(SheetName="Sheet1",TRUE,FALSE) Any ideas how to reference the name of the sheet? Well, you could do something like this: SheetTitle=!$A$1 The exclamation point means that the Name will refer to A1 on the active worksheet. Excel uses the SheetName to tell things apart. If I try to give to different A1'...

unable to view folder error on public folder
I would appreciate any help with this problem, as the it is occuring to our general manager who cannot access our members details that we (perhaps erronously) store in public folders. We are not sure what he did, but whenever he highlights one of our public folders so that he can see the contacts in that folder he has the "unable to view folder". We have tried various permissions and rebooting the exchange server. One of my colleagues thinks it is a "locked file", and the culprit said that he was trying to select one of his personal custom views. Another fact that might...

Re-post: Conditional sum: different worksheets
Hi ng. Using xl xp pro. Apologies for the re-post. Have not seen reply to my question. Can anyone help me out? tia, goss Orig Post============================================== Tried running conditional sum wizard on tab: Accnt_Dat Through the wizard I established 3 criteria for the sum Wizard prompts for resultant placement. I chose tab: Comm Nothing appeared in the cell I selected. I repeated all steps carefully in case I made an error. Still nothing was placed in: Comm!$C$2. I started trying to type by hand and came up with: =(SUM(OR(IF(Accnt_Dat!$B$2:$B$1700="SALES-1", _ IF...