some user have no mail properties in GAL

After a recent move of all my people to the new ex2k server, I have a few users
who have no properties when the GAL entry if viewed from a LAN client. The
properties are there in ADUC, but if a user tried to select that person from the
gal and send a message it is returned saying that the persone doesn't exist in
that organization. When I look at the propertied of that person, in the last tab
on the left there is no information there. No SMTP, CCMAIL, X.400 , nothing.
Most other users have info there but not these few.
It seems to be a local LAN problem. internet mail is not affected.
Where else can I enter it if it already exists in ADUC? or what should I do?

0
mmac (10)

"mmac" <mmac@junkmail.bin> wrote:

>After a recent move of all my people to the new ex2k server, I have a few users
>who have no properties when the GAL entry if viewed from a LAN client. The
>properties are there in ADUC,

the users have the 'exchange general' tab? if you select the user,
right-click, and pick 'exchange tasks' from the menu, do you see
'create mailbox' as one of the choices?

>but if a user tried to select that person from the
>gal and send a message it is returned saying that the persone doesn't exist in
>that organization.

open the address book. make sure 'global address list' is in the 'show
names from' box. then right-click the 'global address list' in that
box and click on 'properties'. are you using the gal or the offline
address book?

>When I look at the propertied of that person, in the last tab
>on the left there is no information there. No SMTP, CCMAIL, X.400 , nothing.

that's quite possible if you're using the oab and haven't downloaded
'all details'.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

New to User Forms

Users Shared Folders

Users not showing up All Users

Unread mail = Inbox
My unread mail count is the same as my inbox count. How come? Where are you seeing this count? "PeterJordan" <PeterJordan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5ECEF472-6C88-4C62-958D-C5A4B2927BD7@microsoft.com... > My unread mail count is the same as my inbox count. How come? On the panel at the left headed Mail, I've got a heading labeled Favorite Folders with 4068 messages next to the Inbox heading and 4068 messages next to the Unread Mail heading. Then farther down under All mail folders, then under Personal folders (which is the one that has ...

user breakpoint

Cannot Send to Mail Enabled Group
Suddenly, and without warning, I am having problems sending mail to mail enabled groups. I don't know what could have happened but every time someone sends an email to a group, it goes nowhere... there doesn't seem to be any errors. The sender doesn't receive an error, there is no mail stuck in the queue. There don't seem to be any errors in the Event Logs... but the recepiants don't get the email. This seems to be happening with every single one of my groups now. -- Alan Coleman Network & Database Administrator St. Joseph's Villa I've also discovred t...

Replying with an alternate e-mail that uses the same gmail account
I work for several businesses and have multiple e-mail addresses that all forward to my personal gmail account. I have dealt with incoming mail forwarding to the proper folder depending on the e-mail address the sender uses, but when I reply I either have to type the right address into the "From" box (pain) or it shows up as coming from my gmail account even though they sent it to one of my aliases. Can I set up a rule that all replies to e-mails sent to an alias use the same alias for the response? Ideally I'd like to be able to have an e-mail conversation app...

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Manager grayed out on user setup

Notify new mails in OWA
outlook web access: I want to be alerted when new mail arrives. Must I configure internet explorer settings? thank you -- Dambo In news:202E8B5B-0D17-44F8-97FA-A69657035C44@microsoft.com, Damb0 <Damb0@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > outlook web access: I want to be alerted when new mail arrives. > > Must I configure internet explorer settings? > > thank you What version of Exchange? OWA for E2000 and 2003 should already have this working. E2003 with no sp1 -- Dambo "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > In news:202E8B5B-0D17-44F8-97FA-A69657035...

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

GAL and free/busy data sync
We have a AD2003 forest with exchange 2003 and want to connect to our parent company which is in a separate AD2000 forest with exchange 2003. We just want to be able to syncronize the GAL and the free/busy data. I think MIIS or the Identity Integration Feature pack for AD will do the GAL but not the free/busy data. Any Ideas? I was hoping for an all-in-one solution. Thanks, Joe, We have several clients who use a combination of SimpleSync from CPS Systems and the InterOrg Replication Utility (Q238573) from Microsoft. For more information and to download an evaluation copy of SimpleSync, plea...

Can't read mail in reading pane of outlook 2007 if not in safe mode
Hi all! I have a problem since I installed the outlook 2007 beta 2. I receive mail as nice as possible, but when I want to read it, there is only the title, from whom and to whom data in reading pane. The mesage is, let's say "invisible" :) Anyone have the same prob? When I start outlook 2007 in safe mode, everything works OK. The only prob with safe mode is, that you always have to set the reading pane on and hide the big buttons.... We'll if anyone has a solution...I haven't find it... In the next week I will reinstall the system and see... maybe, just maybe I ...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

Using the mail merge function from excell
Is there a way of using the mail merge function in word to set up a three column format of names and addresses. I need to do this without using the "label" format - as I need it in word domument format in order to be able to add and make changes in word. Thanks Sheila You may want to look into storing your data in excel (already has nice columns and rows) and using MSWord's builtin MailMerge to create the labels. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from Davi...

IMF and remote users.
I need a bit of hand holding on this. We are about to start hosting our own email. There are branch offices that will pick up their email with POP3 from our server running SBS 2003. I want to filter for spam, but also want all the users to have the ability to review emails caught by the filter. If I use the IMF filter, am I correct in assuming that the remote office users will never see those emails in that they will have been moved out of their inbox to the spam folder? Is there a built-in method of tagging, not moving emails identified as spam on a RBL? Thank you. - Are you going to use ...

Converting mails to tasks
Hi All, Is there a way where we can convert the incoming mails to tasks using some task template? If so, please let me know how. Thanks, Vinay. Check this page for some possibilities: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/tasks.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0b0301c3a9af$814353b0$a101280a@phx.gbl, Vinay Urs wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there a way where we can convert the incoming mails to > tasks using some task template? > > ...

Preventing a user from seing other users opportunities
Hi, I have a case in which 2 CRM users (A) & (B) shouldn't see each other's opportunities and this is indeed the case. However, when a user (A) creates an opportunity for which the account is owned by user (B), user (B) is then able to see this user (A) opportunity. I understand that this might be logical business wise, however, is there any way to prevent user (B) from seing these opportunities of user (A) even though he is the owner of the opportunity account ?? Thanks in advance I don't believe this is possible but I could be wrong. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP...

Limit user access on customer/vendor?
is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors? something like account level security, but on customer/vendor. Hi HFLo, No you cannot have Customer/Vendor Control Access as account security, since no module in GP has this feature, this is one of the drawbacks of GP no ROW LEVEL SECURITY at all, we are using the third party product for this security setup, it also works for Inventory and items just like account security. In short GP dosent have this feature. AXAPTA has this feature to restrict access to customers, vendors, inventory items at site level etc....... w...