Some SMTP mail not received

Hi Guys.
Recently upgraded corp network from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003.
Now (and presumably even prior to the upgrade) some mailboxes do not receive all the email sent from external mailservers. Some is received. The mail that is not received does not generate any NDR at the sender's side.
I cannot find any common base for the messages that are not received (size, specific sender etc)
This is not an Outlook rules issue, nor is it an antivirus deleting messages arbitrarily.

HELP!
Thanks
0
arnonf (1)

"Arnon" <arnonf@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Recently upgraded corp network from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003.
>Now (and presumably even prior to the upgrade) some mailboxes do not receive all the email sent from external mailservers. Some is received. The mail that is not received does not generate any NDR at the sender's side.

How do you know if it was even accepted for delivery by your server?
Or rejected by it, for that matter?

>I cannot find any common base for the messages that are not received (size, specific sender etc)
>This is not an Outlook rules issue, nor is it an antivirus deleting messages arbitrarily.

I'd start with the SMTP protocol log and see if the message was enven
making an appearance at your server.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

vista mail
Randomly when I send my email, the screen goes white and the email is lost. Not sent or in the sent file. It is random. Frustrating since the email must be retyped. Any help? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Active State VisualXSLT for .NET http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/1f0ed9ab-7a35-4be0-926e-12a17abee0d3/active-state-visualxslt-f.aspx Another leech post from egghead -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. <wendy balezantis> wro...

SMTP restrictions #2
A few questions: If I configure the "Limit Message Size(KB)" does this pertain to the attachments as well? Also, does it affect both inbound and outbound? If the "Limit Message Size" is exceeded by the attachment does the attachment get stripped and the message (body) go through? If nothing goes through, does the sender recieve an error? Sorry so many questions. Thanks! Message size is the sum of the headers, body and the attachment. There is no setting specifically for the attachment size. When there is a violation, the entire message is bounced back to the send...

[2003] stops before data section in smtp conversation
Hello, I have an exchange 2003 server with ISA 2004 and the server doesn't send email correct to a remote smtp server. After the helo,mail from, rcpt to section he doesn't send the data section. The server is able to receive email. Does somebody have any clue why I'm unable to send? Thanks in advance Maurice Lucas This link maybe can help you http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/clustering/default.mspx "M.S. Lucas" <MSLucas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40C7EB2B-DDF9-4E60-8F69-8AB82C298874@microsoft.com... > Hello, >...

setting up e-mail
I am trying to setup my email account through outlook, and i am having a very hard time. I am using my screen name from a friends aol account. I connect on line using verizon dsl. please help me setup my own e-mail using outlook ...

Exchange Server 5.5 SMTP Issue
Hi, For those interested, you may want to read the White Paper we recently released about the Microsoft Exchange Server SMTP problem: http://www.thinkcomputer.com/corporate/news/spamserver.pdf Thanks to Michael Barta at Microsoft for his help. If you think there's anything in the paper that could be improved or made clearer, please feel free to let us know. I'm interested to know how many people this problem is affecting... There seem to be a ton of threads on this newsgroup about it. Aaron Aaron Greenspan President & CEO Think Computer Corporation http://www.thinkcomputer....

SMTP account SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC.......
Inside the mailboxes folder of Exchange server, there is user called: SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC-5DD3568592C0}) I dont know what this is? Is this a system mailbox? If not, how did it get there and how can I get rid of it? The reason I ask is that , every few minutes, there is virus being sent to this mailbox, apparently from the "administrator". Very strange. any help will be appreciated. thanks, john I found the answer here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252341 "john Smith" <smith@fakedomain.com> wrote in message new...

email send/receive
Anyone know how to get Outlook to check mail before it sends mail? Normal order is to send, then receive. I assume that your ISP requires a login to POP3 before sending? In Outlook 2002 you can go to the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account (click the "More Settings..." button) to set this up. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Norris" <NDBoyd@msn.com> wrote in message news:000001c34a2a$3c390ec0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get Outlook to check ...

Mail merge #8
I have created a 19.2 mb 8 page newsletter. I want Kinkos to print it so that each newsletter copy is printed with an addressee on the front page. That means I have to do a mail merge. When I select "print to Kinkos file prep tool" it takes about 1 minute per copy and I have 300 addressees to mail to. That means 5 hours and probably will run out of memory or so says Kinkos pro. Kinkos says that I can also just take the mail list which is an MDB file and send it to them as a PDF file which I don't think can be done. Anyone out there who has been through this? Thanks, Jeff ...

Outlook 2003 mail stays in outbox
Outlook 2003... Messages sent from new messages go to outbox and stay until "Send Received" is hit a second time. I have set up a second PC with identical setting and all works fine ( mail clears outbox on first send). Both PCs are XP pro, SP1, Office 2003, SP1, POP3 dial up connection to ISP. Any ideas or docs appreciated ...

cannot send e-mail 01-12-10
Please help with this... The host 'mansila1@yahoo.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'You have received a YouTube video!', Account: 'mansila1@yahoo.com', Server: 'mansila1@yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11003, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D 'mansila1@yahoo.com' is not a valid mail server name. Also, US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no POP access. Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail.=20 Yahoo's solutio...

Exchange 2003 SMTP lockdown #2
How do I secure smtp to only let authenticated users send e-mails for internal users and users that connect using pop3. Thanks Amador I am also having this problem. I must have not configured something somewhere. But to explain further....... If i use my home pc to connect to our mail server and send a mail from say fred@company.com to Paul@company.com it will get sent. This means that if someone gets hold of a few of our company addresses, they can send mails to them. Our server needs auth if you are sending from fred@company.com to paul@hotmail.com so thats ok. Any help please Paul &...

creating an archive or copy of all incomming & out going mail
Running exchange2k & need to know the easiest way to create an archive or copy of all incomming & outgoing e-mail. Message Journaling http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;q261173 HTH Lisa >-----Original Message----- >Running exchange2k & need to know the easiest way to create an archive or copy of all incomming & outgoing e- mail. >. > ...

Mail Merge 06-17-07
Im creating a database for someone and i want to be able to do a mail merge. I have various tables with the information and can do a query to obtain a table of the relevant data, i have a word document with fields setup, such as client name etc. I want the database to have a form with a button that will create the letters and open word with the data filled in so the client can check the letters and just click print if they are ok. I cant seem to find much that shows how to best do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Im using access 2007 Thanks ...

CRM mail router marking e-mails as read
Hello all I have a couple of questions regarding the CRM E-mail router for V3 Incoming emails into Outlook (with CRM desktop client) are getting marked as read before they actually are. Is this by design? Is so, is there a config setting somewhere that can change this behavior Andy comments or suggestions would gratefully received I assume the outlook client has the rules applied for the exchange connector. The action of sending the mail to the crm exchange sync mailbox appears to mark the email as read -- ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery...

SMTP Queue Growth
hi i am facing problem that my SMTP gateway.on SMTP gateway queue size is increasing.i expalin the infrastructure.i have exchane server 2000 which is hosting my public domain and another pc with windows 2000 working as SMTP gateway.i am using smtp connector b/w the gateway and exchange .to get the mail from ISP i am using GFI pop2Exchange which is installed on SMTP gateway.now the problem is my smtp queue growth is increasing.there r 480 mails at the moment in the queue.but its not delevering the both inbond and outbond mails.all other settings are ok. bhatti Assuming you meant queue...

IIS SMTP or Exchange SMTP?
I have a situation where I need to insert a smarhost into outbound mailflow in one city. I am looking into linux boxen as well as windows flavors. The one thing this smarthost must do besides receive internal mail and route it out, is stamp a disclaimer on it. I see from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317680 that this can be done with VBScript, but the question is, will it work with IIS SMTP alone, or does it require Exchange SMTP to work? Thanks, This will work fine with a stand alone IIS installation. ...

SMTP connector #13
I have exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5 in the domain, running in mixed mode. I have installed SMTP connector in exch 2003 server. Can I remove Internet mail service in exch 5.5 safely. I am concerned because we still have clients connecting to POP3 in exch 5.5 server. they shouldnt be disturbed in sending/receiving mails. Also, SMTP connector is seen in exchange 5.5 server. Please advise. Thanks You can remove the IMS and SMTP email will go out through the SMTP Connector. And you should update the POP3 profiles to point to the correct SMTP server. If your POP3 Clients are point...

Recovering old E-mails an old *.ost file
Hi. I have a user that want to recover e-mails from an old *.ost file. Is this possible? She is running Outlook2002 Dag N ...

send and receive issues
I have a new earthlink.net account and continue to get error messages when sending and receiving. I follow through with the suggested "fix" only to encounter a new error the next day. I notice that many of the issues seem to be from other earthlink users. Am I correct in this assessment or is it coinsidence? Anyway, my latest Outlook 2003 challenge on my XP Home Ed is this- Task 'pop3.earthlink.net - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server a...

CRM 3.0 bug sending to SMTP?
When I send email from the outlook client, there are absolutely no problems. However, when I send an email from the web interface, I get an error stating "Invalid Association" and "The request association is not valid." whenever the contents of the email contain a carriage return or formatted text (such as coloring). I have read the knowledge base article that associates this error with SMTP settings and authentication, however the same mail message will be processed if I remove the carriage return. Has anyone else encountered this problem? -Mike -- Micheal LoPatr...

Forwarding E-mails (Incoming & Outgoing)
We have a user that is sending and receiving a lot of lenghty personal e-mails. Management wants me to keep an eye on their activities. I open their profile and see the user's mailbox without any problems. However, they have been keeping all their folders clean (Inbox, Sent Items, and Deleted Items). I know that you can forward incoming e-mail to an alternate recipient and still allow the user to receive the same e-mail. However, is there a way to forward any outgoing e-mails that they might be sending to an alternate person as well? This would really be beneficial? Thanks. ...

Can't Sign in to Windows Live Mail
Hi, I have this problem well over 8 months and its getting me crazy for real. I just can't find the right fix for this tried everything what I could find on the net and nothing works. The download agent seems to work fine installing the Live suite of programs on my Vista-64 system. I can use Messenger without any problems, and can get to my hotmail account through Internet Explorer/firefox/chrome just fine. However when I go to use the Live Mail application and want to sign in (shows in the upper right corner). When i click Sign In (upper right) and then Sign in. I ge...

Help, sent mail not there!!!!
I stopped saving sent emails while I was forwarding spam, then forgot to turn it back on. I need some of them for reference; is there any way to get them back? Exchange 5.5 Outlook 98 Thanks, Mich ...

E-mailing parts of an excel worksheet
I have a 3,000 line worksheet with several columns with different e-mail addresses. E-mails are repeated several times. I would like to be able to automate e-mailing the information on the lines that pertains to the e-mail address. Example email address name Marital status Sex santa.claus@northpole.com John Doe S M tooth.fairy@lalaland.com Betsy Smith S F tooth.fairy@lalaland.com Billy Jones M M All you ever need to ...

Mail Sent / Received data from Tracking Log
Hello all. I am currently using MOM 2005 to track messages sent / received and the time taken to deliver mail in an Exchange 2003 environment. I am using Entry Type 1031 for messages sent and Entry Type 1028 for received messages. I need to differentiate between User, System, and Replication messages. Does anyone know what the proper way to do this is? Thanks! ...