Some address lists may be missing when you use Outlook 2003 in Cac

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836723/en-us

The above MS article mentions Outlook 2003 SP1 fixes the issue with regards
to some address lists missing when you use Outlook 2003 in Cached Exchange
Mode; Problem is we're already running the recommended Service Pack and we
still have the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Brett

0
Bretto (5)

Have you checked permissions on the address list to make sure that people
have the rights to view them?

Nue
"Bretto" <Bretto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> The above MS article mentions Outlook 2003 SP1 fixes the issue with
> regards
> to some address lists missing when you use Outlook 2003 in Cached Exchange
> Mode; Problem is we're already running the recommended Service Pack and we
> still have the problem.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
> Brett

0
imaneophyte (3004)

Outlook 2007 Business Contact Manager and Outlook Connector
Hi, I'm new to all of this but hope someone will know the answer. Because I have several computers active at any one time and multiple email accounts for different business entities, I've got my email set up through Hotmail using Windows Live Domains so that the email address uses the domain names I own. I do this because all computers then have copies of sent items. This is helpful because I don't need to hunt thorough the different PST files on the different machines. I have installed Outlook Connector in Outlook 2007 so I can access those email accounts in Outlook whic...

Address List Synchronization
My scenario is I have 2 Windows 2003 Active Directory Forests and 1 Exchange 2003 Organization. The users in the forest without the Exch Org have 2 AD accounts (1 for each forest) and the Exch Mailbox has granted rights to the external accounts. So mailflow works fine and so does free & busy information but the problem is sharing calendars. My problem is the GAL lists the accounts from the Forest that has the Exch Org so I cannot find a way for users in the othe Forest to share their calendars and view shared calendars, since I don't know of a way to share an object that is not...

Having Formatting Remain on "Called" cell using IF function
I'm using an IF function to call some other cells, but I want to have the various words color coded, eg ("Certified" is green, "Recertify" is yellow, and "Not Certified" is red). I have the IF function working correctly, but when it "calls" the cell to have it display the appropriate word, the color of each word is not brought along with it...only the text. Is there a way to be able to color code it so that the appropriate color appears? Thanks! -- Zaraf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Zaraf's Profi...

How to manage junk senders list
Does anybody know how to delete all the entry inside the junk senders list? I can delete the entry one by one but is there any fast method? Brian <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anybody know how to delete all the entry inside the > junk senders list? I can delete the entry one by one but > is there any fast method? Since you decided that your Outlook version wasn't important enough to share, this question cannot be answered definitively. -- Brian Tillman ...

Using DNS names & ADODB
Howdy... am hoping some peops here maybe able to shed some light on connection string issue i have using the adodb.connection method... Background: I have a spreadsheet that makes adodb calls to a text fil that resides on a certain folder on my PC. What I want to do is mov the spreadsheet, dsn name & schema.ini to a web server so that peopl globally can access the spreadsheet over the intranet. However, when i change the connection string settings, I get an invali web address error message yet I have copied the address directly from web browser. Am I referencing it incorrectly perh...

Contacts folder versus Address Book
I'm running Outlook XP under Windows XP Pro on my home computer. I'm the only user. I want to add a new entry to my Outlook Address Book. I open the Outlook Address Book and click to make a New Entry. At the bottom of the window there is "Put this entry" and two options: Contacts, Outlook Address Book. I click Outlook Address Book and get this message: You cannot create entries for this address book. If, instead, I choose Contacts, there's no problem, I see the new contact in Outlook's the Contacts folder, but not in the Address Book. How do I add a new entry t...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

Exchange 2003 seems to be open relay, but is not.. Who can help me?
Hello, Today i noticed that somebody was trying to relay throught my server. Relaying is denied, that is for sure. But the ndr's are making a lot of trouble. I turned them of now, but that cannot be the correct fix, it is a work around. Server: Windows 2000 SP 4 Ok what happens, first let's look at the relay check of abuse.net: Relay test 8 >>> RSET <<< 250 2.0.0 Resetting >>> MAIL FROM:spamtest@test.com <<< 250 2.1.0 spamtest@test.com....Sender OK >>> RCPT TO:<"securitytest@abuse.net"> <<< 250 2.1.5 "securit...

after adding new address they do not come up in address book
I have a very large address book and now when I add new names to it and want to send out my newsletter the addresses I have added do not come up in the list. is there a max to the number of conacts in my list? any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please provide at least some information. Outlook does not even use an address book. Are you certain you are talking about Outlook and not some other program? What version of Outlook is this? How are you trying to add entries? What happens when you try? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ginaweston" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

List of Emails from Sent Box?
I'm changing email addresses and I want to get a list of all the email addresses in my sent box in outlook to send a notice that I'll be switching addresses. Is thare an easy way to do this? ...

SFO sync issue with outlook contacts (address name filed)
Hi all, I installed SFO on several outlook clients to get the CRM database available "on the field". The synchronization (Go offline / Go online) works fine but when SFO adds the CRM contacts to the outlook contact folder, it drops the "address name" field in from contact information. All other fields (First Name, Last Name, Street 1, Street2, ZIP, ...) are copied correctly. I renamed the "address name" field as "street 0" and I am wondering if it could be the reason of the problem. 1- Can anyone tell me if the "address name" field is c...

Pasting from Word 2002 to Outlook 2003
How can I can capture (replicate programatically) the act of copying the body of a Word document to an Outlook message? Thanks Ask in a Programming group for Word or Outlook for help with programming = questions. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Namgaw asked: | How can I can capture (replicate programatically) the act of copying | the body of a Word document to an Outlook message? Thanks ...

Importing Eudora address book
I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it imported zero of zero contacts. dragonfly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. > I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it > imported zero of zero contacts. In what form is the Eudora address book? Have you tried exporting from Eudora in a CSV format? Have you tried importing it with Outlook Express and then importing it with Outlook from there? -- Brian Tillman Tha...

Groups/Distribution Lists
Hi all, I recently decided to make the switch over from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. Anyhow, I didn't realise I'd have such the major problem that I've run into now. In Outlook Express I created "Groups" so that I could send out one e-mail to many different people EASILY so long as they were all assosciated in this group. Outlook deals with these groups as "Distribution Lists". For some reason though, when Outlook took my contacts, it didn't take my Groups. I've yet to find a way to import these groups into Outlook either. I guess essentia...

RowDatabound missing checkbox
I have a GridView with a RowDatabound event that checks for a checked checkbox but for some reason it is not finding it. I tried tracing the code while debugging but it always came up false even on rows that have the checkbox checked. Can anyone see what is wrong with the code? The last line of "If ck.checked ..." is not finding the checked box. Thanks. If e.Row.RowType = DataControlRowType.DataRow Then Dim bolUpdate As Boolean = False Dim dblClearedAmount As Double = 0 Dim ck As CheckBox = e.Row.FindControl("ckReconci...

Addresses disappear from the address bar
I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning, only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools > Internet Options... How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Ilya, Click Alt...

Word 2003: Hide underlying macro to unprotect document
I would like to give our clients the ability to unprotect a form should they want to modify the terms and conditions. I found this macro on a board and it works: ActiveDocument.Unprotect Password:="pwd" However, I don't want our clients, or our sales teams, to be able to double click and see the VB editor where the actual password is typed in. Is there a way to prevent them from doing this? Thank you. You can lock the project with a password. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "mela" <mela@discussions.micr...

Read and Reply to email using vbscript or macro basing on subject line
Hi all, What i'm trying to do is: 1. When an email arrives with certain subject line 2. Read that email subject For example subject line can be: Status 1 or Status 2 3. Depending the subject line, i need to query a sql server sproc and send some data back to the email sender. Any idea how to do this. If anybody has sample code(either macro or vbscript) that would be helpful. I would try to incorporate ADO sub to grab data from sql server, if anybody can provide code to read new mail and parse subject line and how to respond by adding body text (with results from sql query) would be very...

using error handler on access
Hello there I would like to build error handler that works from all the application. To do that i've build function that is being calls from all the vb code in the application by using On error goto: When i enter the function, is there a way to know which sub or function and object called the function? for example: if the error occur on frmClient at event: Form_AfterUpdate, is there a way to know on the function that the event was on object frmClient and the event was Form_AfterUpdate? hi Roy, Roy Goldhammer wrote: > When i enter the function, is there a way to know which s...

Exchange 5.5 Address Book Views
In Outlook2000, new message, when I click TO: button the GAL comes up. If I want to go down to the contacts I have to arrow down a whole lis of unused offices. I'm unable to delete any of them. In Exchange5.5 under our site name, -Address Book Views --Offices ---a ---b ---c ---yada all these offices are empty except for one, which has all my users bu if I try to delete the unused offices it comes back with "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION REQUIERED TO COMPLETE THIS OPRATION MICROSOFT EXCHANGE DIRECTORY ID NO. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS" I am logged in as Administrator with f...

Using Office for Mac

Slow typing in Outlook 2003
Hi, I've recently run into an odd thing in Outlook 2003. When I go to type a new message in the message body there seems to be a huge delay from when I type something on my keyboard to when it shows on the screen. Typing in the subject area is fine, and even using the backspace key to delete characters operates as normal. Just typing new text in the message body area seems affected. What i've tried so far is archiving a bunch of my older messages and compacting the pst file. No luck. What can be causing this, and how can I fix it? Thanks! I have the exact same problem. I also had ...

clear block senders list
Is the way to clear the block sender list and start fresh? Thank you for any input krkaaz@comcast.net It helps telling us what version of Outlook you are using. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1815901c449e5$a5ea4a30$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is the way to clear the block sender list and start fresh? > > Thank you for any input > > krkaaz@comcast.net ...

tell XP to always use primary monitor?
I run dual monitors. Is there a way to tell Windows XP (SP3) to ALWAYS open new windows in the primary monitor? 50% of the time I only have my primary running. I usually forget to move windows (like browsers for example) over to the primary before closing them so Windows thinks that I want to open it up again in the other monitor. I know how to tell an app to open in the primary the next time around by restoring it in the primary and then closing it. That's not the problem. I'd like to tell windwos to NEVER open new instances of anything in the secondary monitor. I'...

names ans addresses
hi to everyone, have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your writings to me my first question is i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007 and for each column i want name first name introd by like dislike address now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the others and only to bring up those that like that subject please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh -- bobbydog --------------------------...