SOLUTION: Unable to logon to the server. Please verify that server name, port, account name, and password are all correct.

If you are receiving the following error from Exchange
Server Migration Wizard I a the solution that worked for
me after digging and digging and not able to find the problem.

ERROR:
Verify that server name, port, account name, and password are all
correct.

I was hung up this problem.... Go to the Exchange 5.5 server
Exchange Administrator, go to Protocols / LDAP and check
the port number. Mine had been changed from 389 (default)
to 390.  I probably did it but missed this completely
looking through the problem, certainly didn't know the solution
of specifying LDAP server port in the wizard as described next.

You can also try specify a different port number on Exchange 5.5 for
LDAP AND make sure you specify that port number in the exchange server
name field like servername:390 at the Exchange Server Migration Wizard
on your destination machine.  This
is how I solved my problem.

If you have problems further than that, most people claim
it's a DNS problem so either add a hosts entry in the hosts
file or follow the instructions i'm copying from someone else
below:

This can also be caused due to name resolution. Check to see if the
target
server is unable to ping the source server by Fully Qualified Domain
Name
(FQDN). If so, and we are dealing with multiple domains, we may need to
add
the DNS suffix in the TCP/IP properties.  Or add a HOSTS file with an
entry
for the target server.

Hope this helps!

-Brendan

Good Info. Thanks! Also don't forget to use the domain\username syntax when
specifyng the account credentials for the 5.5 domain like I did. oops!

"WildIrish" <wildirishtiming@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If you are receiving the following error from Exchange
> Server Migration Wizard I a the solution that worked for
> me after digging and digging and not able to find the problem.
>
> ERROR:
> Verify that server name, port, account name, and password are all
> correct.
>
> I was hung up this problem.... Go to the Exchange 5.5 server
> Exchange Administrator, go to Protocols / LDAP and check
> the port number. Mine had been changed from 389 (default)
> to 390.  I probably did it but missed this completely
> looking through the problem, certainly didn't know the solution
> of specifying LDAP server port in the wizard as described next.
>
> You can also try specify a different port number on Exchange 5.5 for
> LDAP AND make sure you specify that port number in the exchange server
> name field like servername:390 at the Exchange Server Migration Wizard
> on your destination machine.  This
> is how I solved my problem.
>
> If you have problems further than that, most people claim
> it's a DNS problem so either add a hosts entry in the hosts
> file or follow the instructions i'm copying from someone else
> below:
>
> This can also be caused due to name resolution. Check to see if the
> target
> server is unable to ping the source server by Fully Qualified Domain
> Name
> (FQDN). If so, and we are dealing with multiple domains, we may need to
> add
> the DNS suffix in the TCP/IP properties.  Or add a HOSTS file with an
> entry
> for the target server.
>

> Hope this helps!
>
> -Brendan

0
myname4986 (12)

Hotmail Account
How can i configure Outlook 2002 to operate two or more hotmail accounts? I get an error message whenever I try to set up a seccond Hotmail account. Please Help! Arzan, What kind of an issue are you seeing with setting up multiple hotmail accounts? What is the error message you receive? In my OL2002 I ama ble to successfully configure 2 hotmail accounts successfully, and have the availability to send/receive for both. You could try setting up multiple Outlook profiles. Please use the following article to guide you through this.... 287072 OL2002: How to Create a New E-mail...

FYI on Chk'ing "Change Hotmail Password Every X Days"
I made the mistake of changing my Live Password and then checking the box for changing it again every X days. I have Hotmail going to Outlook. Time flies & All of a sudden I'd get a Hotmail Password Request Box REPEATEDLY popping-up whenever the Outlook Send/Receive was going. After hours of scratching my head the "Your (Hotmail) Password Has Expired" box Finally surfaced, and after creating a new one all the pop-ups stopped. Use this Change-Password feature with the above possibility in mind. FYI Thanks for sharing - we're seeing a lot a issues with outl...

Catastrophic failure of First Exchange 2003 Server in the domain.
I have an unusual situation. I am onsite as a consultant and discovered that the first Exchange 2003 Server in the domain experienced a catastrophic hardware failure prior to my tenure and was not rebuilt. A second server, which was already running at this time, had all of the data (mailboxes, etc) and roles transferred over prior to the failure. Everything seems to be running normally. The system was removed from Active Directory, but still exists in the Exchange System Manager. My question is what, if any, steps should be taken prior to deleting the system from the Exchange System Man...

Users unable to connect
My clustered Exchange 5.5 server is having an intermittent connection problem. Every 6 hours are so, Outlook clients are no longer able to connect and the application log on the server fills up with Event id: 1021 from source MsExchangeIS, Type "failure audit", description "<user> unable to connect". Restarting my Exchange services on the cluster fixes the problem, until it happens again in 6 hours. Has anyone ever seen this before? Any help is much appreciated. I haven't found anything relevant in the knowledgebase. ...

remote connect to exchange server message question
Hello all, If using Outlook 2002 on Windows XP at home, and using a dsl VPN connection to connect to your offices Exchange Server 2000; and when setting up the connection at home the very first time you accidentally uncheck the "leave messages on server" button; and then all the messages from exchange server at the office are downloded to your home machine; and then when you get to the office all your messages are gone (becaouse they are at home); how do you change this back at home, so all the messages won't be downloaded to the home machine? I have been through every set...

talent management solution/Compenation Management Solution
Hello, My company is looking for a Talent Management Solution/Compensation Management Solution. If anyone has any experience with any products, please post. Thank you Jack ...

Returning a named range source reference
Using XL03 I am using the code below, trying to create a list of named ranges and their source references. I'm having two problems. (1) There are some other names (named objects) in the workbook, and I don't want to return those; I just want to return named ranges, and (2) The code below returns the resulting range referred to, but not the source reference. For example, if the named range is "=offset(A1,1,1)" then I need to see that offset statement, not the resulting range of "B2". I tried everything that made sense from the help object model und...

Name conflicts
When copying a sheet within a workbook, I often get this message - a formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'mark' which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name? This happens only once in a while, and I don't know why. Is there any way to get rid of the name conflicts or whatever is causing them? ...

xsd serialization and .net names of duplicate elements
I have a schema that goes something like this: <xs:element name="account"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequeuence> <xs:element name="accountid" type="xs:string"/> <xs:element name="account" type="xs:string"/> <xs:sequeuence> </xs:complexType> </xs:element> When xsd generates a class for it, the end result is that the local account element is named something like account1: public partial class account { public string accountid { get; set; } [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlEle...

Final solution to MAPI Error Message
-- JOHN HASKINS After experiencing the error generated message for all mapi problems trying to use the send email functions in Office 2007, including Word 2007, I now have solved the mystery. It was incredible all the postings I have read, dating back to 2005 about this problem. To make a long story short, follow this Microsoft link. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN=US;918792 If the typed in link is not highlighted, just copy and paste to your browser. The main Topics of this article [ Article ID: 918792 - Dec 15, 2009- revision 4 ] is to 1. verify your...

Unable to save changes to labels
Hi! I'm experiencing a weird problem. When I change the label of an attribute on the form and click save or save and close, CRM doesn't save the changes. It just keeps hanging on to the attribute name instead of using the text from the label I just changed. Please help! This is pretty urgent... Reinstalling update rollup 2 v2 (re-released) solved the problem. I think the first update rollup 2 created this problem. Pk "Pk" wrote: > Hi! > > I'm experiencing a weird problem. When I change the label of an attribute on > the form and click save or save a...

Reading Field Names from Labels (headings)
I have forms and reports that will need to vary over time as far as what fields they will show. My fields are all annual numbers. Let's take the easiest: Field names = [2006], [2007], [2008] etc. The user will input what years he/she wants the form/report to have. If they want to begin with "[2007]" then I am going to change the first column heading's (Label_name) to "2007" and then I wp=ould like the text boxes below it to look at the label and convert the text "2007" to the field name [2007]. I wrote this but is does not work: Function LabelFi...

Supporting two executables in a solution
I use VS2008 and I need a solution that contains 2 executables (two different processes) of which one should launch the other. 1. Does C# support such launching(with some paramters) an how? 2. Does VS2008 suport that-should I simply add the other excutables as I would do with ordinary dll? Thanks in advance Morris hi Morris, On 06.02.2010 16:06, Morris wrote: > I use VS2008 and I need a solution that contains 2 executables (two > different processes) of which one should launch the other. > 1. Does C# support such launching(with some paramters) an how? http://msdn...

Can Small Business Exchange server be set as Slave
We are in the process of upgrading from Small Business Server to 2003 r2. We are also migrating exchange server. can I set my new exchange server as master and old small business server as slave. Thanks Please help. SS Master and slave in terms of replicating Stores or load-balancing? Nothing out of the box. Exchange Server 2007 lets you replicate Stores locally to another volume (known as LCR or "Local Continuous Replication"), or between 2 cluster nodes (known as CCR or "Cluster Continuous Replication"), but this doesn't allow you to "load-balance&qu...

MS Word on CRM Server
Hi, can I install MSWord on the CRM server? I have a very good handle on the SDK and the MSWord VBA Object Hierarchy. I would like to create a few templates and dynamically create Word documents, pulling information from Order Products and the sales literature. I am NOT currently usung SFO and do not plan to as of yet. My question is, can I install Office on the CRM server? This will allow the CRM server to use the MSWord object and dynamically create documents? If so/not, is there any other options that I can use on the server that will allow me to build Word documents through automat...

Which files and folders from the two solutions must be merged to combine web sites solutions
If I understand what I'm reading on the Internet the only way to combine two website solutions and store them in one folder on a host is to make them into one website solution. And there are certain files and folders in a solution that have predetermined names and there can only be one of them. And that means combining some files from two folders into one folder (like the App_Code files) and combining some data from two files into one file (like web.config) It would be great if I knew which files there can only be one of, as well as which folders there can only be one of....

Unable to delete e-mails from any folders
I am having the same problem. Everything works good except unable to delete any files in the Outlook Express program. I went ahead and loaded the newest Internet Explorer and still the same situation. "I am having the same problem" Who are you refering to? Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips ...

Cannot Remove Server from Scale Out List
Hello, We are moving out servers to another data center and setting up SSRS. We have copied and restored the ReportServer Dbs to the new SQL Server box and installed SSRS components. When we go through the RS Config tool and point the RS service to the newly restored ReportServer Db (running on the same machine) it automatically sets up a "Scale-Out" deployement with two entries: The current Server\Instance, and the original server. Status of both servers is "Joined" When we try to remove the original server from the Scale-Out, we get an error referencing ...

Unable to Unprotect a 2003 .xls file
My company recently upgraded to 2007. I had a file that was protected and only certain cells could be modified, for data entry. I now need to manipulate the file but I am unable to unprotect the file. The “unprotect sheet” button is not available. How do I unlock the protection? Press Alt+T+P+P. Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "r25ramirez" wrote: > My company recently upgraded to 2007. I had a file that was protected and > only certain cells could be modified, for data entry. I now n...

One account, Multiple email aliases
Hi, My ISP allows me to have multiple aliases, (3). When I set them up in outlook 2002, I get three copy of every emails I receive, regardless of the aliases it's sent to. All three email accounts logs in to the POP server with the same username and password, but have different email address. Any idea on how I can prevent outlook from getting 3 times the same email ? Thanks, Erik an alias is merely a pointer to one single address. Simply set up your main address, and all other emails will go to it - no need to set up stuff for the others (in fact im surprised you can access th...

Choice of accounts (Drop down Box)
Hiya, I'm using Outlook XP and have 3 seperate email accounts with one as the default and have noticed that when I write out an email I no longer have the option to choose which account I am sending it from.........I'm not quite sure what I have done but does anyone know how to get back that option please? thanks in Advance..........Simon Hi Simon, When you are composing a new message is there an "ACCOUNTS..." button next to the "SEND" button on the standard menubar? If not then you can add it. Start a new email... You should now be looking at a new bl...

Pivot Table and Pivot Table dates are not in correct order
I have a pivot table that has a date field that is coming up out of order. The column is labeled week ending data and the week of 7/10/09 is coming up before 7/3/09. I need to get this back in line because it is throwing my charts off. Can you tell me what to do to correct it. It looks as if you haven't got a date field, but you've got text. You'll need to change the text to dates. The archives of this group will tell you how. -- David Biddulph "ls" <ls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00E1C6FB-A5A3-4534-A626-2798E2157612@microsoft.com......

Table accounting format
Hi, In 2003 Acces tables (and before...) when i define a single field strictly positive with the following format everything was working fine: "CHF. "* #'##0.00 same result as MS Excel accounting format with currency at the left of the table cell and the value on the right! I see only right now that this seems not to work in Access 2007 O_O I would like to know if something changed? if it's an issue? Is there a simple solution? Thanks for your help ...

Password required #2
Hello, I have Outlook 2000 running on three networked computers. Two of the computers have W2000, and one has XP. My problem is on the XP computer. Whenever Outlook checks for messages, I click Send/Receive, or send an email, Outlook asks for a user ID and password. I set the properties up identically on all three computers and have double checked them. Now I may have missed something, but if I didn't, does anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix? thanks a lot. Jerry To add a little info, on the server tab in the properties box for the mail account, I have entered t...

SSMS Solutions
is there a way to set the solution to remain collapsed when it opens. I have some solutions that have many projects. I've tried saving everything with everything collapsed. When I re-open it, everything is expanded. Manually collapsing everything each time seems crazy. Is there a way to combat this? thanks in advance, ...bob Hi Bob Have you tried using the visual studio shortcut: Collapse all tree nodes NUM + - Collapses all nodes in the current tree view. Expand all tree nodes NUM + * Expands all nodes in the current tree view. http://msdn.micro...