SMTP Service

Does anyone have an idea of why the smtp service of an exchange srv running
e2k3 would be stopping 2 to 3 times a day.  Its sitting on W2k3 and exchange
has sp1 installed.  I have resinstalled exchange for the second time and
still everyday about 2 to 3 times a day it stops and I have to restart it.

BS
0
Bos (18)

Applied the latest hotfix?
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827214

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:21:03 -0700, BOS
<BOS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Does anyone have an idea of why the smtp service of an exchange srv running
>e2k3 would be stopping 2 to 3 times a day.  Its sitting on W2k3 and exchange
>has sp1 installed.  I have resinstalled exchange for the second time and
>still everyday about 2 to 3 times a day it stops and I have to restart it.
>
>BS

0
adavid (8731)
10/14/2004 12:58:14 AM
Yes, the hotfix has been applied.  Any other ideas?

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> Applied the latest hotfix?
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827214
>

> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:21:03 -0700, BOS
> <BOS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone have an idea of why the smtp service of an exchange srv running
> >e2k3 would be stopping 2 to 3 times a day.  Its sitting on W2k3 and exchange
> >has sp1 installed.  I have resinstalled exchange for the second time and
> >still everyday about 2 to 3 times a day it stops and I have to restart it.
> >
> >BS

0
Bos (18)
10/14/2004 1:43:02 AM
Error messages in the event logs?
AV installed on the server?

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 18:43:02 -0700, BOS
<BOS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Yes, the hotfix has been applied.  Any other ideas?
>
>"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:
>
>> Applied the latest hotfix?
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827214
>>

>> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:21:03 -0700, BOS
>> <BOS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Does anyone have an idea of why the smtp service of an exchange srv running
>> >e2k3 would be stopping 2 to 3 times a day.  Its sitting on W2k3 and exchange
>> >has sp1 installed.  I have resinstalled exchange for the second time and
>> >still everyday about 2 to 3 times a day it stops and I have to restart it.
>> >
>> >BS

0
adavid (8731)

Question about spammers users using SMTP
All, First, I'd like to apologize, I know almost nothing about Exchange. But our office has the following problem 1) We have a relatively old exchange version, installed on Win NT about 4-5 years ago. (I know we need to upgrade, but that a sep issue) 2) We used to be an independant company, and when we were bought by our parent company, we kept the exchange server, b/c a lot of customer service emails go to folders on it and need to be accessible easily locally, plus the corporate mail hasn't been as stable. 3) The spam problem was increasingly becoming a problem, so we changed origi...

Win2k Service pack 4 Problem
Hello All I have installed windows 2000 service pack 4 and have installed my (service pack 3 )tested and working software but it is not working on it what might be the problems it is an MFC Application and a third party tool kit is used in it Regards Muhammad Aftab Alam well It doesnt execute, means nothing is done when we double click exe file to run it :). within this project there is another exe file which is pure MFC based no 3rd party toolkit used it runs fine., A dll which is called by out look explorer that gets called by Windows when any Cryptographic Operation is to be performed ...

Removing Terminal Services After Installing Exchange
Long story, but I just realized that Terminal Service, if installed on Windows 2003 for Remote Administration will expire, hence, you are supposed to use Remote Desktop. Anyway, I had installed my entire Exchange server using TS, and the only way I am going to be able to access it remotely, is to remove TS. Is this safe to do? I know that before removing TS, it says that installed programs may not function, is this true with Exchange 2003? "MR-KEN" <kcarlini@netopia.com> wrote in news:#b88T#VCFHA.3936 @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl: > Long story, but I just realized that Termina...

Running web service on non-standard port
I run a web service on a non-standard port 6010. How do I consume this service from a client? What are the changes to be made to make it work? Able to consume this web service as long as I run the web service in standard port 80. Regards Raj "Raj" <Raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9B52A48-BD5D-42CA-99E3-B207AB957ECA@microsoft.com... >I run a web service on a non-standard port 6010. > > How do I consume this service from a client? > > What are the changes to be made to make it work? > > Able to consume this web...

POP3 & IMAP4 services
All, How do I stop and restart POP & IMAP4 services in Exchange 5.5 There is no specific services associated with these protocols in Exchange 5.5, they are part of the Information Store process. >-----Original Message----- >All, > >How do I stop and restart POP & IMAP4 services in >Exchange 5.5 >. > "Jim West" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:524801c47410 $53d2d000$a601280a@phx.gbl: > All, > > How do I stop and restart POP & IMAP4 services in > Exchange 5.5 Those services are tied to the Exchange Infor...

Some users have hundreds of SMTP aliases
I've discovered that some users on this server have literally hundreds of SMTP alias addresses. This installation used to have a POP3 connector to collect email from a mailbox with the ISP (qwest.net), but that was discontinued a long time ago, and the recipient policy shows only domain.com and domain.local. (It must have had qwest.net at one time so it could process the POP3 email.) If I open AD, then open an affected user like, say, "Bill," and then click on the E_mail Addresses tab, here's what I see: bill@domain.com bill@domain.local bill@qwest.net domain100404@qwest....

allowing anonymous access in SMTP server
Hello: I think this is a dumb question, so I am mainly looking to find out if there is anyway to make it less dangerous. I installed Exchange 2003 yesterday to let Sharepoint send out alerts using Exchange. It works OK, but it will not send out messages to external addresses (i.e. not in my domain). The doc for Sharepoint says: "you must configure the SMTP server to allow anonymous access and to allow e-mail messages to be relayed". Now, I don't know much about Exchange 2003, but I can guess that this is a security exposure. First question: Is this true? Second question: Is...

imf and SMTP
Every 2 weeks a new imf files comes via MU, after the file comes down SMTP tries to restart and hangs when stg. Looking at services and SMTP says starting and this never finishes. The only solution is to reboot the exchange server and then SMTP starts properly. Also IMF is not listed under my virtual server but does function? Thanks IMF showed up as a separate node under SMTP if you were using IMF v1. IMF v2 (part of Exchange Server 2003 SP2) removes that node and moves the functionality to enable IMF to SMTP vs properties | general | advanced | select ip address | Edit. If you are ...

SMTP requires authentication (Exchange 5.5)
Hi, Came accross this situation and was wondering any ideas on a VERY cost effective solutions. Basically a small office has been using Exchange 5.5 for years as an address book. For administrative and band width reasons they house they outsource thier email. So as said all Exchange functions as is an address book. So the in Internet mail services the check box is checked to send through mail.outsideserver.com which is the company that hosts the mail services. 2 Problems creaped up. 1: The company that hosts the mail now requires authentication. Since there appears to be no "authe...

Sending domain email to an external smtp server
HI, We have a main office running sbs2003 using the pop connector to pickup emails from or external mail server. the domain name is (for sake of security) mydomain.com We also have 2 external offices that use the pop/smtp service in outlook to pickup email directly from the external mail server. their domain is also mydomain.com The problem we have is that when users behind the exchange server send email to the users in the remote sites they get this error: The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recip...

SMTP - ISP Question
Hi everyone, please accept my apologies in advance if this slightly off-topic but I though this would be a good place to ask... I am looking for some recommendations for a UK ISP who will register a domain (web hosting not terribly important) and will provide me with an SMTP feed. I have the connection and the public IP addresses already so I do not need a bundled service. Many thanks to all in advance, Kapa ...

SMTP Connector Problems
If I have a SMTP Connecter (Exchange 2000) to my ISP and have all e-mails forward to the ISP. Does the Connector route incoming mail or is that direct from the senders E-mail servers? "Mike" <thisisafakeaddress@yahoo.com> wrote: >If I have a SMTP Connecter (Exchange 2000) to my ISP and have all e-mails >forward to the ISP. Does the Connector route incoming mail or is that >direct from the senders E-mail servers? Mail may arrive directly from a transmitting server, or you may have your mail collected at the ISP and delivered to your server either when yu connect ...

SMTPSVC Event ID:2012 after applying Service Pack 1
After I applied Service Pack 1 for Exchange 2003, I am now getting multiple warning of "SMTPSVC Event ID: 2012" in my system log. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Can we see the description also? "Sabo, Eric" wrote: > After I applied Service Pack 1 for Exchange 2003, I am now getting multiple > warning of "SMTPSVC Event ID: 2012" in my system log. > > -- > Eric Sabo > NT Administrator -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com The description is the following: SMTP could not connect to the DNS s...

Service Calendar 02-22-06
Is there a way to print the Service Calendar? Either by day, week, or month, or in any fashion at all? Why doesn't the Service Calendar show in the Outlook Client? And, if I have the Outlook client loaded and Outlook launched, the Servcie Calendar doesn't show up in the Web client. Thanks! Service Calendar UI doesn't show up in the UI by design. The interface doesn't play well in the reduced space that Outlook gives us and adds another logical "Calendar". That can be changed, however, by manipulating the sitemap outlook properties. Just make sure not ...

Exchange 5.5 IMS service problem
Exchange 5.5 IMS service problem I have a customer who is running a single Win2000 server SP4 in a domain environment. It is also running Exchange 5.5 SP4. They have a DSL connection and have a registered Domain Name. Their IP address on their firewall is dynamic, but with DNS2GO there is no problem finding their web site on the internet. Problem, their Exchange 5.5 was recently loaded and correctly configured. It was working perfectly, with both internal and external mail. Recently, we did a reboot of the server and learned that the Exchange IMS service did not start. It will start manually, ...

CRM services suddenly not working
I am new to Microsoft CRM but have been given the responsibility of administering it. This installation has been working since the old Administrator left a few months ago. All of a sudden when any one of my users tries to do anything in CRM, they get the error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." This error pops up anytime accessing anything CRM related on the client side. (Accounts, Activities, CRM task, etc.). We use the Outlook connector for CRM. Looking through the event log on the server, this error is listed: MSCRM Platform ...

Exchange Services unavailable when a Domain Controller Reboots
We have a domain controller that does not hold any Roles that when rebooting, the Exchange server does not allow email to work. The roles are on a Domain Controller other than the one that reboots. The Exchange is 2000 and the Domain Controllers are 2000. Any ideas? Thank you, Tina Cecil Even though this domain controller holds no FMSO roles, perhaps it is a Global Catalog server in your Org - possibly the only one? Oliver "TeeCee" <TeeCee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9516BAF6-C21C-4142-94C5-B21029CC867A@microsoft.com... > We have a domai...

Default SMTP domain addressing
I've installed a new site into an existing Org. The new site's default SMTP addressing is not the same as the rest of the Org's (the SMTP addressing is being extracted from the X400 address of the Org\Site, which is not consistent w/the SMTP domain used); and I'm aware that I can change this across the board for the site, but I cannot seem to find where/how. (The result would be that all subsequent mailboxes would have the correct SMTP domain suffix upon creation.) Also, I believe the default SMTP address of the System Attendant etc. needs to be changed since it to h...

Circular logging
When Circular logging is enabled/disabled, what Exchange services get cycled ?? Thanks for any help. Exch 5.5, sp4 Mike Depends on which circular logging you're talking about. Remember that our ordering of dependencies generally is: SA, DS, IS, MTA, IMC. Although the MTA is actually only dependant on the DS. If you are talking about circular logging on the DS, all services would stop and be restarted that depend on the DS. These are: DS, MTA, IS, IMC, Event If you are talking about circular logging on the IS, all services would stop and be restarted that depend on the IS. Thes...

Can you recommend some free real-time block list service?
Hi! Can you recommend some free real-time block list services? (Exchange Server 2003) Thanks! Iv Michael wrote: > Hi! > Can you recommend some free real-time block list services? > (Exchange Server 2003) sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org no-more-funn.moensted.dk cn-kr.blackholes.us dnsbl.sorbs.net blackholes.five-ten-sg.com Thanks! One more question. I'm add all this providers (masks 127.0.0.3, ...5, ...7, ....9). But in Perfomance logs (Connections Rejected by Block List Providers) after 2 hours still zero. For example, "Messages Filtered Due to Blank Sender" = 20. It's OK...

SMTP Telnet test fails on Exchange 2003 from DMZ
I'm trying to set up an SMTP server in my DMZ on a Windows 2000 Server so that my MX record will point to that server and it will relay email for my domain to my Exchange 2003 (SBS Pre) server on my inside LAN. My hardware firewall has a DMZ interface and an inside LAN interface. |-------| |-------| |-------| |HW | | DMZ | |Inside | |Fire- |------>| Win2K |------>|Win2k3 | |wall | | SMTP | |SBS | |-------| |-------| |-------| When I try to telnet into the Exchange server from the DMZ I can not enter the EHLO command. I g...

Exchange 2003 SMTP Connection Dropped
I have a few queues that are backing up with the following messages popping up in the event log: ********************** Source: MSExchangeTransport Category: Connection Manager Event ID: 4006 Message delivery to the host '<various hosts>' failed while delivering to the remote domain '<various domains>' for the following reason: The connection was dropped by the remote host. ********************** No smarthosts All mail delivered by DNS I can telnet into port 25 of these servers and send email with no problems Not on any black lists Please help if you have an...

Running EXSSRV.EXE as a service?
I've set up the Inter-Organization Replication Tool (EXSSRV.EXE) successfully to replicate free/busy information between 2 different Exchange Organizations. I want this program to run as a service, so I used SRVANY.EXE from the Win2k3 ResKit to create a service for it. The problem is that the service will not run. Are there any command line options for the EXSSRV.EXE applications that would allow me to run it as a service or is it a GUI only tool? I don't want to need to keep a user logged on to the console for boxes replicating this information if at all possible. Thanks for any ad...

HOWTO Add an IP to an existing SMTP Virtual Serve
Hello, I need to add an IP Adress (Old SMTP server) to an existing SMTP Virtual running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 in A/P clustering mode. I can add the IP Adress to the cluster group configuration and bring it online. BUT I can't find a way to bind this new IP adress to the existing SMTP Virtual Server. How to add it ? I also tried to create a new SMTP Virtual Server but I can only the existing IP address and not the new one :-( Is it possible to select (All Unassigned) with a SMTP Virtual Server running in cluster mode like we can do it with standalone server ? Thank you for your...

How to Use CRM Web Service to Mark a Service Activity as Billed
I was able to mark a service activity with statecode = 3 and statuscode = 3 using the following code: 'Mark the service activity as billed ServiceActivity.isbilled = New CrmBoolean ServiceActivity.isbilled.Value = True ServiceActivity.cp_billedondate = New CrmDateTime ServiceActivity.cp_billedondate.Value = Now svcCRM.Update(ServiceActivity) However, all closed service activities were NOT marked as billed in the process. So I decided to re-open those closed service activities, mark them as ...