SMTP service stopping repeatedly please help

We are running Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 and the SMTP service has all of
a sudden started stopping itself, you can restart it and it just stops
again.
We tried installing sp1 but did not help.
Any help would be appreciated
Sincerley
Jim Kiddoo

Event logs indicate anything amiss?

Jim Kiddoo wrote:
> We are running Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 and the SMTP service has
> all of a sudden started stopping itself, you can restart it and it
> just stops again.
> We tried installing sp1 but did not help.
> Any help would be appreciated
> Sincerley
> Jim Kiddoo

0
lanwench (7567)

SMTP restrictions #2
A few questions: If I configure the "Limit Message Size(KB)" does this pertain to the attachments as well? Also, does it affect both inbound and outbound? If the "Limit Message Size" is exceeded by the attachment does the attachment get stripped and the message (body) go through? If nothing goes through, does the sender recieve an error? Sorry so many questions. Thanks! Message size is the sum of the headers, body and the attachment. There is no setting specifically for the attachment size. When there is a violation, the entire message is bounced back to the send...

help on sorting
Hello, I will need to enter numbers 100 to 5000 + into columns in random order, is there a way to sort them into correct numerical order at any time .. I have been told by several Excel " experts " that it cannot be done, I don't believe this to be true.If this is not enough info, please ask . Thanks, Ray > Hello, I will need to enter numbers 100 to 5000 + into columns in > random order, is there a way to sort them into correct numerical > order at any time . I have been told by several Excel " experts " that > it cannot be done, I don't believe th...

Offline synch using XML web-services

Internet mail service shuts down
Recently I've been getting an application error with msexchimc.exe, which shuts down the internet mail server and we get no email. If I restart the internet mail server service, email resumes. The error message is as follows: An application error has occurred and an application log is being generated MSEXCIMC.EXE Exception access violation (Oxc0000005) Address: Ox0043550a This has happened several times over the last week or two and twice today. We are running Exchange 5.5 on a NT Small Business Server. Does anyone have any suggestions...

Exchange Server 5.5 SMTP Issue
Hi, For those interested, you may want to read the White Paper we recently released about the Microsoft Exchange Server SMTP problem: http://www.thinkcomputer.com/corporate/news/spamserver.pdf Thanks to Michael Barta at Microsoft for his help. If you think there's anything in the paper that could be improved or made clearer, please feel free to let us know. I'm interested to know how many people this problem is affecting... There seem to be a ton of threads on this newsgroup about it. Aaron Aaron Greenspan President & CEO Think Computer Corporation http://www.thinkcomputer....

sorting an alphanumeric list
I posted this yesterday and got no responses. Is there someone who could help me? _____________________________________________ would like to sort some text which is formatted in column one as: 1' 100 1000' 2 2' and so on. Any number that does not have an "'" at the end should come before any number that does and all the 1s, 2s, 3s, etc. should be grouped together. Is this possible? The result would look like: 1 100 1000' 2 2' Boy, would I appreciate some help Joanne, If your values start in cell A1, enter this formula in cell B1: =VALUE(LEFT(A1,1)...

CArray help
Hello, I am struggling to learn the concept of template language and the usage of CArray. I have found the CArray declaration in the afxtempl.h file and I have managed to compile with no errors the apparent construction of CArray(MyStructType); But I don't really understand what next to do with it. I am having a mental block with understanding the template declaration of template<class TYPE, class ARG_TYPE> What exactly is this saying ? The constructor is just CArray( ); My compiler docs don't seem to have much on CArray except a listing of it's class members. I...

[2003] stops before data section in smtp conversation
Hello, I have an exchange 2003 server with ISA 2004 and the server doesn't send email correct to a remote smtp server. After the helo,mail from, rcpt to section he doesn't send the data section. The server is able to receive email. Does somebody have any clue why I'm unable to send? Thanks in advance Maurice Lucas This link maybe can help you http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/clustering/default.mspx "M.S. Lucas" <MSLucas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40C7EB2B-DDF9-4E60-8F69-8AB82C298874@microsoft.com... > Hello, >...

SMTP account SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC.......
Inside the mailboxes folder of Exchange server, there is user called: SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC-5DD3568592C0}) I dont know what this is? Is this a system mailbox? If not, how did it get there and how can I get rid of it? The reason I ask is that , every few minutes, there is virus being sent to this mailbox, apparently from the "administrator". Very strange. any help will be appreciated. thanks, john I found the answer here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252341 "john Smith" <smith@fakedomain.com> wrote in message new...

macro help
I have a "customers input form" for entering name, address, ref no., etc. I have an "order form" with a text box into which can be manually entered a customer reference number when needed. Next to the box is a button that when activated opens the "customers input form" displaying the customer details. The macro for the button is: OpenForm form name, customers input where condition, ="[CRN]=" & [CRN] This works fine, except when the button is activated and there is nothing in the text box, there is then a syntax error and the macro ...

Installing MS Office XP Service Pack 3
Office XP Service Pack 3 downloads but doesn't install. In the course of the installation process I am asked to insert a CD which would go back to my purchase of the computer (a Dell Inspiron 500m), if I ever did have it. (The computer came with the operating system and MS Office already on it.) This is obnoxious - there is no reason an "automatic" security update years after purchase of the computer & operating system & MS Office should require finding old CDs that may (or may not) have come with my computer when I purchased it. The actual message I get is: "T...

COUNT IF.... Feature, please help ASAP
Does anyone out there know if it is possible to have the count if feature can retrieve and count data from more than column, ie; I want it to count all of my X data in column A and then out of all of those X's in column, how many of those belong to Y in column C. Thanks greatly appreciated, this is for a major spreadhseet I'm producing for work and I want to impress my boss. BR Hi, Use =SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$7="X")*(C2:C7="Y")) Regards Govind. Count If wrote: > Does anyone out there know if it is possible to have the count if feature can > retrieve ...

Help needed with 'Save As' dialog
hello gurus I'm having trouble with the following code. The last line I've show works perfectly - the 'Save As' dialog comes up, and the 'File Name' drop-down box correctly shows the value of strFileName. But, I can't figure out how to get the 'Save In' drop down box to show the value of strSaveLocation. strSaveLocation = "C:\EmpData\2009" strFileName = "Report_" & strDate & "_" & strEmpName & ".xls" Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show strFileName Any clues welcomed...

Exchange 2003 SMTP lockdown #2
How do I secure smtp to only let authenticated users send e-mails for internal users and users that connect using pop3. Thanks Amador I am also having this problem. I must have not configured something somewhere. But to explain further....... If i use my home pc to connect to our mail server and send a mail from say fred@company.com to Paul@company.com it will get sent. This means that if someone gets hold of a few of our company addresses, they can send mails to them. Our server needs auth if you are sending from fred@company.com to paul@hotmail.com so thats ok. Any help please Paul &...

How to stop IE8 too automatically login into my email?
When I was using previous versions of IE with XP and Vista I was making the Yahoo email login my start page and opening the IE was taking me to the Yahoo email login. After loging into one of my Yahoo email accounts I was opening a new instance of IE and it was showing the Yahoo email login page again, so, I could login to my another email account and switch between the email accounts simply by clicking on different open instances of the IE. Now, with the IE8 when opened it is already loged in to an account I was loged in before, and every instance of IE8 opens loged in to...

HOST SERVICES
So... I've had my HP laptop with Vista for about 3 years. Well about 2 months ago, whenever I would put the computer into Hibernation mode or Sleep mode, and would wake it up, a message would pop up stating that "Host Services have stopped". So when I would tell windows to find the problem, it wouldn't find anything. Does this mean that I need to do a Factory Restart (which if I do, this will be the 7th time in the past 2 out of 3 years) or does it mean that I need to go ahead and upgrade to Windows 7? Because either operating system doesn't bother me... I got an i...

How should I upgrade service packs?
I am running Mac Office 2008, and have installed previously, service packs 12.1.1, 12.1.2, and 12.1.3. I wasn't taking much notice, and have now noticed that 12.2.0 is out. Clearly, 12.1.3,4,5,6,7,8,9 happened in the mean time. My question is... Do I have to install any or all of these intervening steps in sequence to get to the latest version, or can I just install Service pack 2 (aka 12.2.0) thanks Hi, 12.2.0 updates any version of Office 2008 that is equivalent to or more recent than 12.1.0; in other words, you don't need to worry about any other updates, as you can simply insta...

WHERE ARE THE PROMISED BANKS? Please!
Can ANYONE give us inside information where the 2000+ missing banks, brokerages, and credit card companies that are listed on the Money 2005 website but not "yet" in the product are? It is INSANE! Support calls and emails simply state "the product team is "aware" of this issue and has no formal reply at this time." i mean this is FALSE advertising of unreal proportions. i bought a product based on documented feature lists that simply don't exist in the real product. can an MVP, microsoft employee, ANYONE give us more information on this crucial issue? What...

Need help customizing a Layaway report with additional details
I need help customizing a Layaway report that includes item price, with tax if any, and tender type. I am trying to run a report that shows how much we are putting on types of credit cards, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, cash, etc. Would like to know the SQL statements that are needed to do so. ...

Help again
I have tried a variety of formulas, but I haven't been able to get anything to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have a worksheet as below. EMPLOYEE Bump MACH Month 3001656 N Y Oct 04 There are rows for every employee for every month, I.e. Nov 04, Dec 04 etc. the way data is retrieved it is added to the bottom of the worksheet so there will be entries for the same employee for every month. Bump and MACH will be either y or N. On another worksheet in the same workbook I need to fill in the same information. This worksheet is structured differentl...

Stopping Emails being composed with a Blank Subject Field
Dear Readers I would like to make it impossible to send an email without first completing the Subject Field. I need this work in all versions of Outlook my girlfriend's organisation uses mainly Outlook 2002... The other week my girlfriend got repremanded for sending a mass email to people without a subject heading. A simple forgivable mistake than any user could make, and hardly a hanging offense. My responses was - well, if its company policy not to have blank subject headings - then they should encode this as part of their Outlook/Exchange deployment. I know why around Exchange/Outloo...

IIS SMTP or Exchange SMTP?
I have a situation where I need to insert a smarhost into outbound mailflow in one city. I am looking into linux boxen as well as windows flavors. The one thing this smarthost must do besides receive internal mail and route it out, is stamp a disclaimer on it. I see from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317680 that this can be done with VBScript, but the question is, will it work with IIS SMTP alone, or does it require Exchange SMTP to work? Thanks, This will work fine with a stand alone IIS installation. ...

Exchange Backup Server..Help!!!
Hi All My Exchange Server Setup is as follows I Have my Exchange 2003 server installed in Windows 2003 Domain Controller Both The Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 Domain Controller are in the same machine Now I need a Backup system when this machine fails Can Anyone tell me a solution apart from clustring Can I install a secondary domain controller for the primary and then install Exchange Server on the secondary domain controller Will I be able to sycronise my Primary Mail Storage group to the new created exchange server and kept it offline and make it online when the primary is dow...

SMTP Queue Growth
hi i am facing problem that my SMTP gateway.on SMTP gateway queue size is increasing.i expalin the infrastructure.i have exchane server 2000 which is hosting my public domain and another pc with windows 2000 working as SMTP gateway.i am using smtp connector b/w the gateway and exchange .to get the mail from ISP i am using GFI pop2Exchange which is installed on SMTP gateway.now the problem is my smtp queue growth is increasing.there r 480 mails at the moment in the queue.but its not delevering the both inbond and outbond mails.all other settings are ok. bhatti Assuming you meant queue...

Help Needed
Hi, I am fairly new to excel and have a problem that I have been trying to solve on my own for days without any luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated... I would like to extract values from a column (column D) in a spreadsheet where the text (column B) in a different column of the spreadsheet matches a certain criteria in the numerous rows and have the results of these values added up and the answer placed in a cell... Thank you kindly in advance, Bradley Bell, brad@livinglight.co.za Try SUMIF: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/sumif_using_multiple_criteria_in_microsoft_excel...