SMTP Relay Server and Mail Aliases

Hi!
I have front-end and back-end Exchange.
I do not want that my front-end Exchange has SMTP relay functionality.
I want to deploy a SMTP relay server in DMZ.

My problem is:
This SMTP relay server is not a member of my Exchnage AD domain and does not
know about mail aliases in my Exchange domain. I do not want that I open
additional ports on firewall which is between my Exchange domain and SMTP
mail relay.

My question is:
How can I inform that SMTP relay server knows about all mail aliases on my
Exchange domain?

Best Regards
Mustafa
0
mustafa (157)

"mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have front-end and back-end Exchange.
>I do not want that my front-end Exchange has SMTP relay functionality.
>I want to deploy a SMTP relay server in DMZ.
>
>My problem is:
>This SMTP relay server is not a member of my Exchnage AD domain and does not
>know about mail aliases in my Exchange domain. I do not want that I open
>additional ports on firewall which is between my Exchange domain and SMTP
>mail relay.
>
>My question is:
>How can I inform that SMTP relay server knows about all mail aliases on my
>Exchange domain?

Export the SMTP addresses from the AD and import them into the SMTP
relay server's database(s).

Knowing what software you plan to use would be a big help. Postfix,
sendmail, qmail, exim, something else?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Continual Cannot Connect to Server errors
Outlook 2000 works fine for anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours, then suddenly stops connecting to the server. Closing and reopening Outlook solves the problem. I've done KB820672 and the problem isn't with the server - this actually happens with two different servers/mail accounts. Both accounts work perfectly in OE6.0 (which I also use and have open at the same time, although I don't have the same account on both). I have all the critical updates for Office, WinME, IE, etc. Thanks, ...

vista mail
Randomly when I send my email, the screen goes white and the email is lost. Not sent or in the sent file. It is random. Frustrating since the email must be retyped. Any help? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Active State VisualXSLT for .NET http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/1f0ed9ab-7a35-4be0-926e-12a17abee0d3/active-state-visualxslt-f.aspx Another leech post from egghead -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. <wendy balezantis> wro...

SMTP restrictions #2
A few questions: If I configure the "Limit Message Size(KB)" does this pertain to the attachments as well? Also, does it affect both inbound and outbound? If the "Limit Message Size" is exceeded by the attachment does the attachment get stripped and the message (body) go through? If nothing goes through, does the sender recieve an error? Sorry so many questions. Thanks! Message size is the sum of the headers, body and the attachment. There is no setting specifically for the attachment size. When there is a violation, the entire message is bounced back to the send...

[2003] stops before data section in smtp conversation
Hello, I have an exchange 2003 server with ISA 2004 and the server doesn't send email correct to a remote smtp server. After the helo,mail from, rcpt to section he doesn't send the data section. The server is able to receive email. Does somebody have any clue why I'm unable to send? Thanks in advance Maurice Lucas This link maybe can help you http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/clustering/default.mspx "M.S. Lucas" <MSLucas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40C7EB2B-DDF9-4E60-8F69-8AB82C298874@microsoft.com... > Hello, >...

Windows update has failed in exchange 2003 Front-end server
Hello, I have been trying windows updates on exchange server but has failed with error message below: Updates were unable to be successfully installed The following update wre not installed: Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB917734) Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB914389) Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB917344) Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB918439) Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB911280) Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows Server 2003 (KB916281) Do you guy how to resolve those problems? Thank you There s...

setting up e-mail
I am trying to setup my email account through outlook, and i am having a very hard time. I am using my screen name from a friends aol account. I connect on line using verizon dsl. please help me setup my own e-mail using outlook ...

How to move my server
I have RMS 2.0 and SQL server 2005. I have my server installed on my register1. I don't think that my register computer has enough juice to host my server and my database. I have been getting 100% cpu usage while running the programs etc. I have also had a lot of time out errors from my printer. I would like to turn a different computer into the server and am hoping that someone could help me through that process. I am a novice, so please keep it very simple. I am not very familiar with sql server and have no idea what to do with it except to make sure that it is running if my conne...

OWA & RPC over HTTP with ISA Server 2004.
Hi, I tried posting this in ISA Publishing but didn't get any responses, so sorry for the double post but I'm getting kind of desperate on this now. We have ISA server 2004 sitting in our perimiter network, we have a front and back end exchange 2003 SP1 setup withing our corporate domain. I have OWA published and working throught the ISA server and currently we are trying to publish the RPC over HTTP ruleset. Is there a recommended way of doing this? I have searched both MS Knowledge base and google and either I can't get my search terminology just right or there isn't ...

Exchange Server 5.5 SMTP Issue
Hi, For those interested, you may want to read the White Paper we recently released about the Microsoft Exchange Server SMTP problem: http://www.thinkcomputer.com/corporate/news/spamserver.pdf Thanks to Michael Barta at Microsoft for his help. If you think there's anything in the paper that could be improved or made clearer, please feel free to let us know. I'm interested to know how many people this problem is affecting... There seem to be a ton of threads on this newsgroup about it. Aaron Aaron Greenspan President & CEO Think Computer Corporation http://www.thinkcomputer....

Trying to find a rack-mount file server image
I am looking for an image of a file server, like the one below. http://www.imagedash.com/uploads/atd1243629320i.JPG However, instead of that cylinder, database, icon. I need a folder icon. It is a common image, but I can not seem to find it anywhere. "walterbyrd" <walterbyrd@iname.com> wrote in message news:4f4f9774-b07e-4418-a826-1d6d3b473775@q16g2000yqg.googlegroups.com... >I am looking for an image of a file server, like the one below. > > http://www.imagedash.com/uploads/atd1243629320i.JPG > > However, instead of that cylinder, database, icon. I need a f...

OUTLOOK 2003 with or without exchange server
I recently have begun upgrading a small office from Outlook 97 with Exchange Server 5.5 to Outlook 2003. I have some questions about this. In this office everyone needs to be able to access everyone elses calendars (6 in all) . With outlook 97, you were unable to do so without using exchange server. Now, with Outlook 2003, will they be able to access each others calendar without using any exchange server? If they need exchange server, will they be able to remain with exchange server 5.5 or will they need to upgrade to Exchange Server 2003? Any help would be greatly appreciated. &g...

MSExchangeSA 9175 error on front end Exchange 2003 server
I have a front end Exchange 2003 server that is receiving the following error message in the application log every minute: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. The MAPI provider failed. ------ I've looked at quite a few KB articles and the below one briefly touches on what my problem may be. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=262456 The Mailox Store and Public Folder Store are not mounted on the Fr...

SMTP account SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC.......
Inside the mailboxes folder of Exchange server, there is user called: SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC-5DD3568592C0}) I dont know what this is? Is this a system mailbox? If not, how did it get there and how can I get rid of it? The reason I ask is that , every few minutes, there is virus being sent to this mailbox, apparently from the "administrator". Very strange. any help will be appreciated. thanks, john I found the answer here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252341 "john Smith" <smith@fakedomain.com> wrote in message new...

AD server after dcpromo /forceremoval problem
Hi, I demoted an AD server by using the dcpromo /forceremoval command. Then I tried to add this server to the domain as a member server, but it said the user already existed. I checked the AD Server DNS, and found it still have the A Record for the demoted server. How do I fix this problem? Thanks for help. Jason Hello Jason, As said in one of my previous postings, use: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555846/en-us to cleanup AD database, DNS, AD sites and services etc. dcpromo /forceremoval is the last option to remove a DC which will NOT cleanup the domain fro...

connecting to server
This are the error messages I get when trying to connect. Please help. Task 'Checking for new mail in subscribed folders on imap@aol.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook is unable to download folder (null) from the IMAP e-mail server for account imap@aol.com. Error: Unable to connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Task 'imap@aol.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'Unable to find the e-mail server. Please verify the server information in your ac...

Incoming e-mail doesn't treat hyperlinks correctly
I regularly receive quote inquiry's which include peoples' email addresses. In my older version of Outlook Express, these emails came thru as hyperlinks that I could click on and have the reply TO: field prefilled with their address. In my newsest version of OUTLOOK these email addresses no longer show up as hyperlinks...why not? What is your "newest version" of Outlook (which isn't the same program as Outlook Express at all, by the way)? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only t...

SQL server does not exist or access denied
Hi, I am trying to install CRM 3.0 on a SBS2003 Premium Edition with SQL 2000sp4 running and during the system requirements check I get a message under SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services that: SQL server does not exist or access denied. I am sure that SQL server is running but during the setup CRM does not see it. I have also changed the authentication method to mixed but that didn't help. Any suggestions? Thanks. hi there, even i was having the same problem but got it fixed. it seems that you dont have the right service pack for sql, that is the reason the i...

Mail Message being delivered every two hours
Hi, We're currently running exchange 5.5 Sp4 and are having the following problem. A user sent a message to a group of user yesterday afternoon, and ever since then, everyone in the group has been receiving the message in exactly two hour intervals since the message was sent. Can anyone advise on how I can resolve this problem. Thanks SteveO: The problem could be that the sender's Outlook OST (offline file) is corrupt. If that's the case, then do either of these: a) On the user's PC, open up the mailbox in OFFLINE mode. You should see the message in the Outbox - de...

Unable to relay
Hi, When I try to send mail I am getting following error message: From: System Administrator Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 9:27 AM To: 'christopher_baskeran@wvi.org' Subject: Undeliverable: Submission of RMFR Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Submission of RMFR Sent: 6/17/2004 9:27 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'christopher_baskeran@wvi.org' on 6/17/2004 9:27 AM 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for christopher_baskeran@wvi.org <mailto:christopher_baskeran@wvi.org> Your h...

cannot send e-mail 01-12-10
Please help with this... The host 'mansila1@yahoo.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'You have received a YouTube video!', Account: 'mansila1@yahoo.com', Server: 'mansila1@yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11003, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D 'mansila1@yahoo.com' is not a valid mail server name. Also, US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no POP access. Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail.=20 Yahoo's solutio...

Outlook 2003 mail stays in outbox
Outlook 2003... Messages sent from new messages go to outbox and stay until "Send Received" is hit a second time. I have set up a second PC with identical setting and all works fine ( mail clears outbox on first send). Both PCs are XP pro, SP1, Office 2003, SP1, POP3 dial up connection to ISP. Any ideas or docs appreciated ...

Mail merge #8
I have created a 19.2 mb 8 page newsletter. I want Kinkos to print it so that each newsletter copy is printed with an addressee on the front page. That means I have to do a mail merge. When I select "print to Kinkos file prep tool" it takes about 1 minute per copy and I have 300 addressees to mail to. That means 5 hours and probably will run out of memory or so says Kinkos pro. Kinkos says that I can also just take the mail list which is an MDB file and send it to them as a PDF file which I don't think can be done. Anyone out there who has been through this? Thanks, Jeff ...

Exchange 2003 SMTP lockdown #2
How do I secure smtp to only let authenticated users send e-mails for internal users and users that connect using pop3. Thanks Amador I am also having this problem. I must have not configured something somewhere. But to explain further....... If i use my home pc to connect to our mail server and send a mail from say fred@company.com to Paul@company.com it will get sent. This means that if someone gets hold of a few of our company addresses, they can send mails to them. Our server needs auth if you are sending from fred@company.com to paul@hotmail.com so thats ok. Any help please Paul &...

Invalid e-mail addresses when working with quick campaigns
Hi guys, Please could someone confirm or correct me on the following. Does CRM 3.0 stop creating e-mail mesaages as soon as it finds a contact with an invalid (no @ sign, just a full stop etc) e-mail address? I have 2 marketing list that have not been cleaned up in a while. When doing a quick campaign recently only about 10 mails were created per marketing list out of a possible 500 members on the lists. On investigation both marketing lists show that the messages were created up until an invalid contact was reached. All contacts after that were ignored. Regards I believe that members ...

Admin.exe hangs during reboot on Windows 2000 server
Help! We have Exchange 5.5 running in a NT domain - on a Windows 2000 server. The server is patched with all the MS patches - except the "sp4 rollup 1", When we go to restart the server - it seems to hang - there are no entries in the event log - only the visual of the " admin.exe" program failing to shutdown. We click the "end program" and it still hangs. We had stopped any non-essential services prior to the restart. Had to hit the off button to shut it down. Any thoughts or suggestions? Please advise. Thank you. Citigate Cunningham Helpdes...