smtp ping pong problem

OK, this is the deal.....
SBS 2003 server on ISDN dialup, POP3 connector configured to download
4 mailboxes (user1@company.com, user2@company.com.....) from isp, and
deliver to local exchange mailboxes.
a similar smtp domain is created in recepient policy on the
exchangeserver (@company.com)
user of mailbox nr 5 lives in another town and does pop3 from isp by
himself (user5@company.com), so hi is not in contact with the exchange
server.

If one of the first 4 users try to send mail to user5, the exchange
server starts to say things like it can�t find mailbox for user5 and
stuff.

how do i make the server to send mail for user5@company.com outside
local domain?

anyone knows what to do?

/Roger
0
fenix (1)

Create contact in AD, mail-enable it, and give it address
user@yourdomain.com in addition to user@isp.com.

Roger wrote:

> OK, this is the deal.....
> SBS 2003 server on ISDN dialup, POP3 connector configured to download
> 4 mailboxes (user1@company.com, user2@company.com.....) from isp, and
> deliver to local exchange mailboxes.
> a similar smtp domain is created in recepient policy on the
> exchangeserver (@company.com)
> user of mailbox nr 5 lives in another town and does pop3 from isp by
> himself (user5@company.com), so hi is not in contact with the exchange
> server.
>
> If one of the first 4 users try to send mail to user5, the exchange
> server starts to say things like it can�t find mailbox for user5 and
> stuff.
>
> how do i make the server to send mail for user5@company.com outside
> local domain?
>
> anyone knows what to do?
>
> /Roger

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

SMTP restrictions #2
A few questions: If I configure the "Limit Message Size(KB)" does this pertain to the attachments as well? Also, does it affect both inbound and outbound? If the "Limit Message Size" is exceeded by the attachment does the attachment get stripped and the message (body) go through? If nothing goes through, does the sender recieve an error? Sorry so many questions. Thanks! Message size is the sum of the headers, body and the attachment. There is no setting specifically for the attachment size. When there is a violation, the entire message is bounced back to the send...

Problems with send to
Hello, we have the following problem. There is a worddocument published at our intranet. When i open this document an choose then 'send to', Outlook is starting and a new mail is created with a doc- file attached. But there are some users, if they open this document an choose 'send to', they create a new mail with a attached html-file (doc.htm) Where can i change this behavior.I want always send a doc- file. We are using Outlook2000 with Microsoft-Rich-Text as Emaileditor. The behavior is independent from the IE-version. All help is welcome Thank you Henrik I ca...

[2003] stops before data section in smtp conversation
Hello, I have an exchange 2003 server with ISA 2004 and the server doesn't send email correct to a remote smtp server. After the helo,mail from, rcpt to section he doesn't send the data section. The server is able to receive email. Does somebody have any clue why I'm unable to send? Thanks in advance Maurice Lucas This link maybe can help you http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/clustering/default.mspx "M.S. Lucas" <MSLucas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40C7EB2B-DDF9-4E60-8F69-8AB82C298874@microsoft.com... > Hello, >...

Exchange Server 5.5 SMTP Issue
Hi, For those interested, you may want to read the White Paper we recently released about the Microsoft Exchange Server SMTP problem: http://www.thinkcomputer.com/corporate/news/spamserver.pdf Thanks to Michael Barta at Microsoft for his help. If you think there's anything in the paper that could be improved or made clearer, please feel free to let us know. I'm interested to know how many people this problem is affecting... There seem to be a ton of threads on this newsgroup about it. Aaron Aaron Greenspan President & CEO Think Computer Corporation http://www.thinkcomputer....

Problem with sent emails
Hi, I have few users that have this issue and I can't figure it out. When they reply or start a new message, they enter the names and addresses fine in the TO and CC fields and they send the email fine without any bounce backs. The weird thing is that when they go and check the sent folder, some of these emails appear with blank TO and CC fields. The problem is that they are not sure if the emails were actually sent or not (sometimes people receive them sometimes they don't). Not sure what is going on. Any idea what is going on or a place to check the problem? Are you sure t...

Money 2004 or 2005 (Stock option wizard problem...)
Hey all, I am wondering if anyone has seen or knows of a solution to the following problem: I have two grants of stock options from my company. I set up a new investment account and use choose employee stock option and follow the wizard to set up the details of the first grant. Everything is ok and I then see the grant-vest-expiration entries in the account. I then use the new transaction button the add the second grant and go through the wizard for employee stock options again and at the end I receive the following message: "Money failed to create the employee stock option Grant tra...

SMTP account SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC.......
Inside the mailboxes folder of Exchange server, there is user called: SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC-5DD3568592C0}) I dont know what this is? Is this a system mailbox? If not, how did it get there and how can I get rid of it? The reason I ask is that , every few minutes, there is virus being sent to this mailbox, apparently from the "administrator". Very strange. any help will be appreciated. thanks, john I found the answer here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252341 "john Smith" <smith@fakedomain.com> wrote in message new...

No ping but can see folders and drives
I have two PCs Windows XP Pro and XP Home, both SP3 Two are connected by wireless router Thomson TG585 v7. Local printer is attached to Pro Both Pro and Home can print and access Internet. Pro emails MS Office Home email Outlook Express Pro can see and access Home files Home can see Pro Drives but can not see its folders/files. Warning say \\Pro\\Data (D) is not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resouce. But both D: drive and its folders has been set for sharing and to allow network users t change the files. Pro and Home can not ping each other. This is ...

Problem with static variables in a Dll
When a Dll is compiled with _UNICODE directive, static variables will not retain their values (reseted to zeros) All go well when compling without _UNICODE directive MSDN says static variable required initialisation has to declared in #pragma init_seg but I have tried with no luck. Pls help! On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 03:53:04 -0700, ifi wrote: > When a Dll is compiled with _UNICODE directive, static variables will not > retain their values (reseted to zeros) > All go well when compling without _UNICODE directive > MSDN says static variable required initialisation has to declared in ...

CTabCtrl Problem #2
I am using a Tabed interface in my application. While user removing one tab manually, My application have a option for the next selected tab (Adjucent Right or Left). This is working fine for me. In one case, the number of tabs are more than the number of tabs can show in a window, user scroll to the last tab bar and try to close the tab starting from last one. According to the setting (Adjucent Left) my application select the tab adjucent left to the one closed. The code looks like if(m_tabctrl.GetItemCount() > 0) { if(index - 1 >= 0) index--; m_tabctrl.SetCurSel(index); /...

Exchange 2003 SMTP lockdown #2
How do I secure smtp to only let authenticated users send e-mails for internal users and users that connect using pop3. Thanks Amador I am also having this problem. I must have not configured something somewhere. But to explain further....... If i use my home pc to connect to our mail server and send a mail from say fred@company.com to Paul@company.com it will get sent. This means that if someone gets hold of a few of our company addresses, they can send mails to them. Our server needs auth if you are sending from fred@company.com to paul@hotmail.com so thats ok. Any help please Paul &...

SMTP Queue Growth
hi i am facing problem that my SMTP gateway.on SMTP gateway queue size is increasing.i expalin the infrastructure.i have exchane server 2000 which is hosting my public domain and another pc with windows 2000 working as SMTP gateway.i am using smtp connector b/w the gateway and exchange .to get the mail from ISP i am using GFI pop2Exchange which is installed on SMTP gateway.now the problem is my smtp queue growth is increasing.there r 480 mails at the moment in the queue.but its not delevering the both inbond and outbond mails.all other settings are ok. bhatti Assuming you meant queue...

IIS SMTP or Exchange SMTP?
I have a situation where I need to insert a smarhost into outbound mailflow in one city. I am looking into linux boxen as well as windows flavors. The one thing this smarthost must do besides receive internal mail and route it out, is stamp a disclaimer on it. I see from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317680 that this can be done with VBScript, but the question is, will it work with IIS SMTP alone, or does it require Exchange SMTP to work? Thanks, This will work fine with a stand alone IIS installation. ...

sorting problem #6
I know sorting puts all true blank cells go to the bottom of the list. My question is: Is it possible to make blank cells caused by formulae such as IF(logical_test,value_if_true,"") also do the same? On Oct 16, 6:03 am, Yongguang....@gmail.com wrote: > I know sorting puts all true blank cells go to the bottom of the list. > My question is: > Is it possible to make blank cells caused by formulae such as > IF(logical_test,value_if_true,"") also do the same? One way is to sort the column in descending order first. This puts all non-blanks at the top but in reve...

SMTP connector #13
I have exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5 in the domain, running in mixed mode. I have installed SMTP connector in exch 2003 server. Can I remove Internet mail service in exch 5.5 safely. I am concerned because we still have clients connecting to POP3 in exch 5.5 server. they shouldnt be disturbed in sending/receiving mails. Also, SMTP connector is seen in exchange 5.5 server. Please advise. Thanks You can remove the IMS and SMTP email will go out through the SMTP Connector. And you should update the POP3 profiles to point to the correct SMTP server. If your POP3 Clients are point...

ALT+TAb problem in W7
Hi, I have an MFC application which its main window does not pop to foreground when the user presses ALT+TAB on W7. Can someone help me understand what may cause it ? thanks, Yoav. This is probably a bug that has been around since XP. I've had the same problem for years on XP, and now on Vista. Instead, I have to start minimizing apps until the one I want appears. A real pain. joe On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:04:04 +0300, "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote: > >Hi, >I have an MFC application which its main window does not pop to foreground ...

Mac problems opening excel files when connected to two windows shares

cell formatting problems
I installed Office 2000 onto my desktop before I reformatted the hard drive and everything worked fine. I reformatted and then got a laptop. For some reason certain functions are now refusing to work. Funtions such as: formatting individual cells and colouring individual cells (or lines). I can't change any of the cells properties...the window doesn't come up at all when I do Ctrl+1. Also, when I try to colourize some cells...nothing happens. Please, please help me. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled with no resolution to the problem. I've tried installing different fea...

Problems sending
I posted this earlier, but still have no answers, althought I think I'm getting closer. I'm getting this NDR when sending to some domains: This message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server. Please retry at a later time. If that fails, contact your system administrator.<(mydomain).com #4.3.2> (replace my domain by the domain of the server that is sending) I'm getting this on 4 servers which all have different domains at different site that I applied the DST patch on. These were all working fine until the 1st of April. I'...

Unique Problem
I was hired 3 months ago to update and maintain an Access database for the state. I am writing queries and forms and so forth as needed but I am also entering data. No one has added data to this database in months - they had just kind of "let it go" until they got someone hired. Now my boss wants to know "what percent of the database has been updated. Is there a way to tell how much of a database has changed in the last 3 months/last week/last day? Help please!!! Thanks so much!!!!! Sorry, no. If you're going to need this information on an ongoing basis, add a new Da...

pop and smtp errors unique to machine
I'm using windows xp home and i'm running into pop and smtp errors using outlook. i've verified on another machine that the account works and the settings i'm using are correct. when i try "test account settings" for the account using outlook the "log on to pop" fails and the "send test e-mail" fails. i've also tried using outlook express and i get the following pop error: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.cogeco.ca', Server: 'pop.cogeco.ca', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, ...

CRM 3.0 bug sending to SMTP?
When I send email from the outlook client, there are absolutely no problems. However, when I send an email from the web interface, I get an error stating "Invalid Association" and "The request association is not valid." whenever the contents of the email contain a carriage return or formatted text (such as coloring). I have read the knowledge base article that associates this error with SMTP settings and authentication, however the same mail message will be processed if I remove the carriage return. Has anyone else encountered this problem? -Mike -- Micheal LoPatr...

Problem opening excel from other application
If I double-click on an excel file in, say, explorer - or try to open an excel file which is an Outlook attachment I get the following error message : "There was a problem sending the command to the program." Four other points : - the excel application opens but the file doesn't - the xls xlsx file association is set to excel - it only happens with excel - double clicking on a word document or opening a f-a *.doc file works fine - I can open the excel file if I open excel first and do File/Open OS is Win7; Excel version is 2007 Can anyone help Tx ...

CHtmlView painting problem
Hello there I am displaying dialog whenever someone clicked on the Link of webpage navigated inside CHtmlView. For that, I wrote Sink class to receive HTML events. Now when dialog is closed, CHtmlView does not repaint itself properly. I used PostMessage to send WM_PAINT message to view when dialog is closed with by clicking Ok or Cancel. ( CHtmlView is parent windows of dialog) , What should I do solve the problem of repainting ? Should I change the parent of dialog or should I use some different technique to repaint the view ( webbrowser) you don't send a WM_PAINT message yourself, the ...

Challenging Sort Problem.
Have a spreadsheet with items. A = Multiple Locations B = item id (in each location) C = Description D = Qty on Hand (some have zero) E thru J = has misc data I am trying to sort by D - Highest qty on hand and bring all locations with it - no matter what qty is showing. A=location B=part number C=part description D=qty on hand spread sheet has 11,000 lines example A B C D 100002 PC12345 tool for PC 2500 100003 PC12345 tool for PC 0 100004 PC12345 tool for PC 400 100005 PC12345 tool for PC 10 100002 PC54321 tool for pc2 30 100003 PC543...