SMTP name generation

Hi Folks

I thing my brain has hit a bad sector ;-)

I can not remember where you change the way SMTP addresses are generated.
i.e. firstname.lastname@domain.com

I thought it was under recipient policy but here I can only seem to be able
to change the domain name and not the user name generation

Where is the option?

Cheers

SuperPlay
0
SuperPlay (27)

Hi,

It is a recipient policy - see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822447

Leif

"SuperPlay" <SuperPlay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Folks
>
> I thing my brain has hit a bad sector ;-)
>
> I can not remember where you change the way SMTP addresses are generated.
> i.e. firstname.lastname@domain.com
>
> I thought it was under recipient policy but here I can only seem to be
> able
> to change the domain name and not the user name generation
>
> Where is the option?
>
> Cheers
>
> SuperPlay

Cheers :-)

Brain has recoverd after a scandisk

"Leif Pedersen [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is a recipient policy - see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822447
>
> Leif
>
> "SuperPlay" <SuperPlay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Folks
> >
> > I thing my brain has hit a bad sector ;-)
> >
> > I can not remember where you change the way SMTP addresses are generated.
> > i.e. firstname.lastname@domain.com
> >
> > I thought it was under recipient policy but here I can only seem to be
> > able
> > to change the domain name and not the user name generation
> >
> > Where is the option?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > SuperPlay

0
SuperPlay (27)

SMTP restrictions #2
A few questions: If I configure the "Limit Message Size(KB)" does this pertain to the attachments as well? Also, does it affect both inbound and outbound? If the "Limit Message Size" is exceeded by the attachment does the attachment get stripped and the message (body) go through? If nothing goes through, does the sender recieve an error? Sorry so many questions. Thanks! Message size is the sum of the headers, body and the attachment. There is no setting specifically for the attachment size. When there is a violation, the entire message is bounced back to the send...

Generate XSD from class
Hi, Is there a way to generate an XSD from a class programmatically, so without using xsd.exe? Thanks, B. xsd.exe uses a number of classes that are documented "for internal use only" in the Framework SDK documentation. You can use ILDASM or check in Rotor to see which ones they are. Alternatively you can program against the XSD inference assembly from [0] -- HTH Christoph Schittko [MVP] Software Architect, .NET Mentor [0] http://apps.gotdotnet.com/xmltools/xsdinference/ "Bert" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message news:Xns9458A5C4F6FB2nothankscom@195.130.132.70....

Named printers redirection
I know about most of those, but for Payroll, I see nothing for posting reports to redirect them somewhere under named printers. Also, like in some other posts, I have nothing at all for manufacturing. But in this post I was trying to redirect all the payroll posting reports, but I see no task description for posting reports under the payroll series. Thanks for you help. ------------------------ Under each of the series are Posting Reports. Is that what you are looking for? David Musgrave [MSFT] Original Developer of Named Printers Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MB...

Exchange Server 5.5 SMTP Issue
Hi, For those interested, you may want to read the White Paper we recently released about the Microsoft Exchange Server SMTP problem: http://www.thinkcomputer.com/corporate/news/spamserver.pdf Thanks to Michael Barta at Microsoft for his help. If you think there's anything in the paper that could be improved or made clearer, please feel free to let us know. I'm interested to know how many people this problem is affecting... There seem to be a ton of threads on this newsgroup about it. Aaron Aaron Greenspan President & CEO Think Computer Corporation http://www.thinkcomputer....

[2003] stops before data section in smtp conversation
Hello, I have an exchange 2003 server with ISA 2004 and the server doesn't send email correct to a remote smtp server. After the helo,mail from, rcpt to section he doesn't send the data section. The server is able to receive email. Does somebody have any clue why I'm unable to send? Thanks in advance Maurice Lucas This link maybe can help you http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/clustering/default.mspx "M.S. Lucas" <MSLucas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40C7EB2B-DDF9-4E60-8F69-8AB82C298874@microsoft.com... > Hello, >...

Changing User Name Associated with Comments?
When my comments appear, they always start with my name in bold, followed by a colon. How can I change this name to another name, or have no name at all appear in the comment balloon? Thanks very much for your help! Frank Frank Tools>Options>General. Delete the username. You will still get the colon. If you don't want anything, you will need VBA macro. See Debra Dalgleish's site for Comments programming. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlcomments03.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 15:56:31 GMT, frank1492 <frank1492@verizon.net> wrot...

Named cells
How do I use a name of a cell rather than the R1C1 address. I have tried Range("Name") = Range(Name) = Thanks Dave, What happened when you tried Range("Name") = -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dave Griffiths" <dave@daveg.co.uk.nospam> wrote in message news:4oOUb.2185$rj4.31303@news2.e.nsc.no... > How do I use a name of a cell rather than the R1C1 address. > > I have tried > Range("Name") = > Range(Name) = > > Th...

Downloaded Transaction change names
When I download my credit card transactions from Chase, sometimes the merchant names get matched with the wrong merchant. For instance, "Nugget Market" comes accross as "Central City Garage", and selects the car expense categories. I checked the "preferred Payee Names" screen to be sure there wasn't a connection there -- there isn't. How can Money screw up a payee name so totally, and can it be fixed? Thanks to any kind soul out there in the electronic world! ...

SMTP account SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC.......
Inside the mailboxes folder of Exchange server, there is user called: SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC-5DD3568592C0}) I dont know what this is? Is this a system mailbox? If not, how did it get there and how can I get rid of it? The reason I ask is that , every few minutes, there is virus being sent to this mailbox, apparently from the "administrator". Very strange. any help will be appreciated. thanks, john I found the answer here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252341 "john Smith" <smith@fakedomain.com> wrote in message new...

Exchange 2003 SMTP lockdown #2
How do I secure smtp to only let authenticated users send e-mails for internal users and users that connect using pop3. Thanks Amador I am also having this problem. I must have not configured something somewhere. But to explain further....... If i use my home pc to connect to our mail server and send a mail from say fred@company.com to Paul@company.com it will get sent. This means that if someone gets hold of a few of our company addresses, they can send mails to them. Our server needs auth if you are sending from fred@company.com to paul@hotmail.com so thats ok. Any help please Paul &...

Link name of the sheet to a cell.
Hi all, I am trying to link the name of the sheet (in the tab at the bottom of the workbook) so it appears in a cell. Cheers =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("]",CELL("filename"),1)+1,256 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Try one of the following formulas (note: the workbook has to be saved before it'll work) File path and file name: =CELL("filename",A1) File path only =LEFT(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)-1) File name only =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CEL...

SMTP Queue Growth
hi i am facing problem that my SMTP gateway.on SMTP gateway queue size is increasing.i expalin the infrastructure.i have exchane server 2000 which is hosting my public domain and another pc with windows 2000 working as SMTP gateway.i am using smtp connector b/w the gateway and exchange .to get the mail from ISP i am using GFI pop2Exchange which is installed on SMTP gateway.now the problem is my smtp queue growth is increasing.there r 480 mails at the moment in the queue.but its not delevering the both inbond and outbond mails.all other settings are ok. bhatti Assuming you meant queue...

IIS SMTP or Exchange SMTP?
I have a situation where I need to insert a smarhost into outbound mailflow in one city. I am looking into linux boxen as well as windows flavors. The one thing this smarthost must do besides receive internal mail and route it out, is stamp a disclaimer on it. I see from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317680 that this can be done with VBScript, but the question is, will it work with IIS SMTP alone, or does it require Exchange SMTP to work? Thanks, This will work fine with a stand alone IIS installation. ...

SMTP connector #13
I have exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5 in the domain, running in mixed mode. I have installed SMTP connector in exch 2003 server. Can I remove Internet mail service in exch 5.5 safely. I am concerned because we still have clients connecting to POP3 in exch 5.5 server. they shouldnt be disturbed in sending/receiving mails. Also, SMTP connector is seen in exchange 5.5 server. Please advise. Thanks You can remove the IMS and SMTP email will go out through the SMTP Connector. And you should update the POP3 profiles to point to the correct SMTP server. If your POP3 Clients are point...

CRM 3.0 bug sending to SMTP?
When I send email from the outlook client, there are absolutely no problems. However, when I send an email from the web interface, I get an error stating "Invalid Association" and "The request association is not valid." whenever the contents of the email contain a carriage return or formatted text (such as coloring). I have read the knowledge base article that associates this error with SMTP settings and authentication, however the same mail message will be processed if I remove the carriage return. Has anyone else encountered this problem? -Mike -- Micheal LoPatr...

pop and smtp errors unique to machine
I'm using windows xp home and i'm running into pop and smtp errors using outlook. i've verified on another machine that the account works and the settings i'm using are correct. when i try "test account settings" for the account using outlook the "log on to pop" fails and the "send test e-mail" fails. i've also tried using outlook express and i get the following pop error: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.cogeco.ca', Server: 'pop.cogeco.ca', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, ...

Creating names
Hi I was recently asked in a training class why a person would use Insert Name Create and I did not know about this. I usually show my students how to define names from selected cells. Could you please give me an example of when I might use Create and what does the dialog box mean that pops up Top Row, Left Column etc.. Many thanks Ann See: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Names.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >I was recently asked in a training class why a person >would use Insert Name Create and I did not know about >this. ...

Remove SMTP addresses from users
I created a policy to set up SMTP addresses, and it was applied to the wrong set of users. Now I want to remove that address from thosee users. I already created the correct policies, and applied it to the correct users. Now I want to clean up the SMTP addresses of the other accounts. How can I automatically remove those SMTP addresses? -- --- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego It is not straightforward but read this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318...

Underlying connection was closed. Remote name could not be resolve
Hi, I am trying to add a webservice.I provide a reference to the wsdl file on the server. It works fine when I compile the code on my machine. But on the server, I get the above error with the same compiled code. UNDERLYING CONNECTION WAS CLOSED.REMOTE NAME COULD NOT BE RESOLVED. I read some of the articles which indicate a problem with the proxy server but our client does not have any proxy server. Their server is behind a firewall though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

I believe I have an AutoCorrect Issue with a field name?
I have 4 linked tables in Access 2007. At one point in time I was having issues with what turned out to be an AutoCorrect associated file and whether or not AutoCorrect was turned on/off. Apparently as a fallout to that (just guessing), I have a field name that comes up 'notes/discrepancies' as the heading of all my queries, when in fact, the field name in the table (design view) is shown as 'Notes'] What is the best way to fix this issue? The table has thousands of records. Bob BobC, Try creating a new database making sure that, ummm, feature... is turned o...

Column of names
I have a bunch of names (shown as Doe, John) in column A. How can I show the first names in B column and last in C? I understand how to copy formulas in B and C and paste values. Try these: A1 = Doe, John First name: =MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+2,255) Last name: =LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1) Biff "Invalid" <invalid@invalid.comINVALID> wrote in message news:Xns99298D9C33C0Cpencilunlistedcom@208.49.80.188... >I have a bunch of names (shown as Doe, John) in column A. How can I show > the first names in B column and last in C? I understand how to copy >...

Instance name
Dear ALL, my question is , is it possible to modify SQL server instance name? Opening enterprise manager I have a situation like machine name\instance name, but in an old cluster I have instance name only. Can I have the second one? Regards Alberto Brivio You can't change the SQL instance cleanly without a reintall. Linchi "Alberto" wrote: > Dear ALL, > > my question is , is it possible to modify SQL serv...

Public Folder Directory Name Attribute
Can you edit the directory name attribute of a public folder in Exchange 2003? ...

SMTP
Outbound works fine, inbound seems to work okay (Firewall allowing port 25 traffic), but no one can get their mail ... e.g. Start|Programs|Miscrosoft Exchange|System Manager|Servers|ServerName|First Storage Group|Mailbox Store (Name)|Mailboxes - their are all our mail boxes with mail in them, but NO ONE can get to them from Outlook 2003! What's up??? Can you see mailbox contents? Can you send message to other mailboxes on the server? Do you see those messages? Do you get any error messages? Mark White wrote: > Outbound works fine, inbound seems to work okay (Firewall > a...

Using variable in field name
Hi. I have a table whose fields are named boolType00, boolType01, boolType02, ..., boolType19. I need to make a loop and real all of the 20 fields. Something like: Dim i1 As Integer i1=0 While i1 < 20 Debug.Print MyTable!boolType"i1" i1=i1+1 Wend Is there a way to do it? Thanks H. Martins If you OpenRecordset, you can refer to the field in the recordset like this: Debug.Print rs.Fields("boolType" & i1) If you need help with using a recordset, see: http://allenbrowne.com/func-DAO.html#DAORecordsetExample Lots of repeating fields like that usua...