SMTP incoming routing based on UserID..Urgent please...thanks in a

Hi,
I have my requirement as follows:

- I have a single domain called test.mail.biz
i want that all my incoming e-mails should land to my exchange server.
However, there are few "users" whose mailboxes are on a different
non-exchange server.
I have MX record and remote domain configured on SMTP host for normal domain
based routing.

Is there any method by which I can tell SMTP that any mails coming for
user1@test.mail.biz should get relayed to some other server?rest of the users
should get relay to my exchange mail server.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks again
0
JackDorson (167)

This might work:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721/en-us

Nue
"Jack Dorson" <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have my requirement as follows:
>
> - I have a single domain called test.mail.biz
> i want that all my incoming e-mails should land to my exchange server.
> However, there are few "users" whose mailboxes are on a different
> non-exchange server.
> I have MX record and remote domain configured on SMTP host for normal
> domain
> based routing.
>
> Is there any method by which I can tell SMTP that any mails coming for
> user1@test.mail.biz should get relayed to some other server?rest of the
> users
> should get relay to my exchange mail server.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>

> Thanks again

0
imaneophyte (3005)
6/28/2006 2:16:01 PM
hi,
thanks. i did that and it worked.
however, is there any method where in i can route email based on username
right at my smarthost level?

any help appreciated.

thanks,

"Nuevo" wrote:

> This might work:

> Nue
> "Jack Dorson" <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I have my requirement as follows:
> >
> > - I have a single domain called test.mail.biz
> > i want that all my incoming e-mails should land to my exchange server.
> > However, there are few "users" whose mailboxes are on a different
> > non-exchange server.
> > I have MX record and remote domain configured on SMTP host for normal
> > domain
> > based routing.
> >
> > Is there any method by which I can tell SMTP that any mails coming for
> > user1@test.mail.biz should get relayed to some other server?rest of the
> > users
> > should get relay to my exchange mail server.
> >
> > Any help appreciated.
> >

> > Thanks again

0
JackDorson (167)

SMTP restrictions #2
A few questions: If I configure the "Limit Message Size(KB)" does this pertain to the attachments as well? Also, does it affect both inbound and outbound? If the "Limit Message Size" is exceeded by the attachment does the attachment get stripped and the message (body) go through? If nothing goes through, does the sender recieve an error? Sorry so many questions. Thanks! Message size is the sum of the headers, body and the attachment. There is no setting specifically for the attachment size. When there is a violation, the entire message is bounced back to the send...

sorting an alphanumeric list
I posted this yesterday and got no responses. Is there someone who could help me? _____________________________________________ would like to sort some text which is formatted in column one as: 1' 100 1000' 2 2' and so on. Any number that does not have an "'" at the end should come before any number that does and all the 1s, 2s, 3s, etc. should be grouped together. Is this possible? The result would look like: 1 100 1000' 2 2' Boy, would I appreciate some help Joanne, If your values start in cell A1, enter this formula in cell B1: =VALUE(LEFT(A1,1)...

Routing Documents for Review
Hello! When I choose "send to" > "mail recipients for review" the document becomes an attachement to the email and I would like to have a link to the document where it is saved on our network. Please help me be able to change this default so that a link is provided instead of the attachement, or even better...how can I get prompted to choose link or attach the file in case I want to send outside of our network....? TIA for your help! Raymond Hi Raymond- Your request suggests that you are at crossed purposes. The point of "for Review" is so the re...

Exchange Server 5.5 SMTP Issue
Hi, For those interested, you may want to read the White Paper we recently released about the Microsoft Exchange Server SMTP problem: http://www.thinkcomputer.com/corporate/news/spamserver.pdf Thanks to Michael Barta at Microsoft for his help. If you think there's anything in the paper that could be improved or made clearer, please feel free to let us know. I'm interested to know how many people this problem is affecting... There seem to be a ton of threads on this newsgroup about it. Aaron Aaron Greenspan President & CEO Think Computer Corporation http://www.thinkcomputer....

[2003] stops before data section in smtp conversation
Hello, I have an exchange 2003 server with ISA 2004 and the server doesn't send email correct to a remote smtp server. After the helo,mail from, rcpt to section he doesn't send the data section. The server is able to receive email. Does somebody have any clue why I'm unable to send? Thanks in advance Maurice Lucas This link maybe can help you http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/clustering/default.mspx "M.S. Lucas" <MSLucas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40C7EB2B-DDF9-4E60-8F69-8AB82C298874@microsoft.com... > Hello, >...

Fill in a field based on input of data in another field
Hi, I'd like to know if this can be done without VBA, since I'm not familiar with programming....Access 2007 My user has a table that contains countries: [tblAwardCountries]. When she enters a value in her [PermanentCountry] field, she would like the database to check to see if that country exists in [tblAwardCountries]. If it does exist, she would like another field to automatically update to "Eligible for Award". Can this be done without programming? I thought of the IN operator, but there are too many countries to have to type into the expression. Usi...

PLEASE HELP WITH ATTACHMENTS
I cannot receive messages with attachments. It goes back to the sender saying "The content length of the message is too long for the recipient to take delivery" How do I change this? In Tools/Options/Mail Delivery check yr settings for 'Dont download msgs larger than xx kb' David "Fanny" <fcruz@FirstNorthernCU.org> wrote in message news:097401c35522$fd713650$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I cannot receive messages with attachments. It goes back > to the sender saying "The content length of the message is > too long for the recipient to take delive...

Incoming e-mail doesn't treat hyperlinks correctly
I regularly receive quote inquiry's which include peoples' email addresses. In my older version of Outlook Express, these emails came thru as hyperlinks that I could click on and have the reply TO: field prefilled with their address. In my newsest version of OUTLOOK these email addresses no longer show up as hyperlinks...why not? What is your "newest version" of Outlook (which isn't the same program as Outlook Express at all, by the way)? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only t...

SMTP account SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC.......
Inside the mailboxes folder of Exchange server, there is user called: SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC-5DD3568592C0}) I dont know what this is? Is this a system mailbox? If not, how did it get there and how can I get rid of it? The reason I ask is that , every few minutes, there is virus being sent to this mailbox, apparently from the "administrator". Very strange. any help will be appreciated. thanks, john I found the answer here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252341 "john Smith" <smith@fakedomain.com> wrote in message new...

creating an archive or copy of all incomming & out going mail
Running exchange2k & need to know the easiest way to create an archive or copy of all incomming & outgoing e-mail. Message Journaling http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;q261173 HTH Lisa >-----Original Message----- >Running exchange2k & need to know the easiest way to create an archive or copy of all incomming & outgoing e- mail. >. > ...

Summing based on dates
I go running and have a mileage log. I have a list of non-continuous dates in column A (i.e. I don't run every day), and mileage figures in column B. On a separate part of the worksheet I want to put a summary table that shows a summary by week. So the first column will be "weekending" date and the second column mileage for the last seven days. I can't work out how to put an automatic formula in this second column. Sure, I could do a manual formula that just sums up the 3 or 4 days in that week that I ran, but there must be a better way? Ok, for everything on the...

Print several reports based on criteria in a form
I am cross posting this in both the Forms and the Reports forums. Let me apologize in advance because this is going to be somewhat scattered and somewhat hypothetical at the moment because I don't have a clue where to begin. I will do my best to make it coherent. I have a form (frmBids) with two sub forms (sbfBids & sbfBidSubs). The main form has several fields regarding the Bid Proposal --- Bid Contact, Bid Company, Due Date, Bid Contract (Prime or Sub), among others. The sbfBids subform is visible all the time. This sub form includes information on the work that is being reques...

COUNT IF.... Feature, please help ASAP
Does anyone out there know if it is possible to have the count if feature can retrieve and count data from more than column, ie; I want it to count all of my X data in column A and then out of all of those X's in column, how many of those belong to Y in column C. Thanks greatly appreciated, this is for a major spreadhseet I'm producing for work and I want to impress my boss. BR Hi, Use =SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$7="X")*(C2:C7="Y")) Regards Govind. Count If wrote: > Does anyone out there know if it is possible to have the count if feature can > retrieve ...

Exchange 2003 SMTP lockdown #2
How do I secure smtp to only let authenticated users send e-mails for internal users and users that connect using pop3. Thanks Amador I am also having this problem. I must have not configured something somewhere. But to explain further....... If i use my home pc to connect to our mail server and send a mail from say fred@company.com to Paul@company.com it will get sent. This means that if someone gets hold of a few of our company addresses, they can send mails to them. Our server needs auth if you are sending from fred@company.com to paul@hotmail.com so thats ok. Any help please Paul &...

Help Needed
Hi, I am fairly new to excel and have a problem that I have been trying to solve on my own for days without any luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated... I would like to extract values from a column (column D) in a spreadsheet where the text (column B) in a different column of the spreadsheet matches a certain criteria in the numerous rows and have the results of these values added up and the answer placed in a cell... Thank you kindly in advance, Bradley Bell, brad@livinglight.co.za Try SUMIF: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/sumif_using_multiple_criteria_in_microsoft_excel...

SMTP Queue Growth
hi i am facing problem that my SMTP gateway.on SMTP gateway queue size is increasing.i expalin the infrastructure.i have exchane server 2000 which is hosting my public domain and another pc with windows 2000 working as SMTP gateway.i am using smtp connector b/w the gateway and exchange .to get the mail from ISP i am using GFI pop2Exchange which is installed on SMTP gateway.now the problem is my smtp queue growth is increasing.there r 480 mails at the moment in the queue.but its not delevering the both inbond and outbond mails.all other settings are ok. bhatti Assuming you meant queue...

IIS SMTP or Exchange SMTP?
I have a situation where I need to insert a smarhost into outbound mailflow in one city. I am looking into linux boxen as well as windows flavors. The one thing this smarthost must do besides receive internal mail and route it out, is stamp a disclaimer on it. I see from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317680 that this can be done with VBScript, but the question is, will it work with IIS SMTP alone, or does it require Exchange SMTP to work? Thanks, This will work fine with a stand alone IIS installation. ...

Formula help please
HI, HELP REQUIRED WITH FORMULA FOR EXCEL PLEASE Q: EXCEL WORKBOOK WITH TWO SHEETS, ONE TITLED MON & THE OTHER STAT. ON SHEET MON, I HAVE TWO COLUMNS (H, K) WITH A RANGE OF SAY 20 LINES EACH. ON SHEET STAT, I HAVE TWO CELLS (B5, F5) ON A LINE. I WANT ‘MON’ ‘H’ TO COMPARE WITH ‘STAT’ ‘B5’. ON ‘H’ LINES THAT MATCH WITH ‘B5’, IF A NUMBER IS ENTERED IN THE CORRESPONDING ‘MON’ ‘K’ LINE, ‘STAT’ ‘F5’ WILL COUNT IT. EXAMPLE: ‘STAT’ B5 = MM ‘MON’ H8 & H12 = MM ‘MON’ K8 = 0800 & K12=’ANYTHING BUT A NUMBER’ RESULT ON ‘STAT’ F5 SHOULD BE ‘1’ THANKS! JOHN Hi John...

Forwarding E-mails (Incoming & Outgoing)
We have a user that is sending and receiving a lot of lenghty personal e-mails. Management wants me to keep an eye on their activities. I open their profile and see the user's mailbox without any problems. However, they have been keeping all their folders clean (Inbox, Sent Items, and Deleted Items). I know that you can forward incoming e-mail to an alternate recipient and still allow the user to receive the same e-mail. However, is there a way to forward any outgoing e-mails that they might be sending to an alternate person as well? This would really be beneficial? Thanks. ...

CRM 3.0 bug sending to SMTP?
When I send email from the outlook client, there are absolutely no problems. However, when I send an email from the web interface, I get an error stating "Invalid Association" and "The request association is not valid." whenever the contents of the email contain a carriage return or formatted text (such as coloring). I have read the knowledge base article that associates this error with SMTP settings and authentication, however the same mail message will be processed if I remove the carriage return. Has anyone else encountered this problem? -Mike -- Micheal LoPatr...

Re: Excel - Urgent
Hi, If say cell A1 = text XYZ, is it possible for a set text in eg, B1:C1 to appear? Or if A1 = ABC, for B1:C10 to contain a different set o text.? Or would a macro have to take the user automatically to different sheet? Really appreciate any help. Thanks Andre -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Yeah, it's possible. But you're going to have to give some more details. How does A1 change (calculation or typing)? Where do the values for B1:C10 come from for both ABC and XYZ? And what happens when I put QRS in A1--empty B1:C10??? "ajw150 <" wrote: >...

How Command routing WndProc works?
When a window get a Command message through Application Object's(CWinApp)message Q how it is routed among CView, CDocument, CSingleDocTemplate(SDI App), CFrameWnd and CWinApp? My concern is how the WndProc works to do command routing(Where the information exists: lparam/wparam?) and how Application route command message with itslef when no handlers are found with other class's of App? Thanks in Advance, Raa >When a window get a Command message through Application >Object's(CWinApp)message Q how it is routed among CView, CDocument, >CSingleDocTemplate(SDI App), CFrameWn...

pop and smtp errors unique to machine
I'm using windows xp home and i'm running into pop and smtp errors using outlook. i've verified on another machine that the account works and the settings i'm using are correct. when i try "test account settings" for the account using outlook the "log on to pop" fails and the "send test e-mail" fails. i've also tried using outlook express and i get the following pop error: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.cogeco.ca', Server: 'pop.cogeco.ca', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, ...

Validation of one column based on value of another column
Hello, This is the first time i've ever posted on this board, so bear with me. I am trying to add data validation to one column, that checks the value of another column in the same form, and if the value is true, not allow a 0 to be entered in the column. For example, Column 1 = Type, Column 2 = Usage. If Column1 = Gas, Electric, Water, or Sewer, Then Column2 should not allow a 0 value. If Column1 = Fire, Garbage, Sanitation Then Column2 should allow a zero value. Currently my validation is >0 which works, but doesn't filter its validation based on column1, only on the value o...

SMTP connector #13
I have exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5 in the domain, running in mixed mode. I have installed SMTP connector in exch 2003 server. Can I remove Internet mail service in exch 5.5 safely. I am concerned because we still have clients connecting to POP3 in exch 5.5 server. they shouldnt be disturbed in sending/receiving mails. Also, SMTP connector is seen in exchange 5.5 server. Please advise. Thanks You can remove the IMS and SMTP email will go out through the SMTP Connector. And you should update the POP3 profiles to point to the correct SMTP server. If your POP3 Clients are point...