SMTP & Exchange

Dear All,

Is it recommended to install SMTP service with Exchange front-end server on
the same server?

Regards
0
Jaleel (18)

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 01:34:07 -0700, Jaleel
<Jaleel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>Is it recommended to install SMTP service with Exchange front-end server on
>the same server?
>
>Regards

You are planning to route mail through it?
0
adavid (8731)
4/23/2007 12:42:07 PM
You see this often when OWA and the SMTP bridgehead are in the DMZ.

"Jaleel" <Jaleel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> Is it recommended to install SMTP service with Exchange front-end server
> on
> the same server?
>
> Regards

0
John

Norton Antivirus problem with Exchange Server
Norton Antivirus problem with Exchange Server Hi, On Exchange Server 2000, when trying to install Norton Antivirus for exchange (NAV) , I have an error which indicates that NAV cannot create mailbox for NAV service. It seems that we have a problem with permissions. When trying to use local admin account I have an error that account cannot run as service When trying to use domain admin account I have an error that account cannot be created When trying to use my account (Domain Admin) after installation I have an error that service cannot run. Please help if you have an idea. Hi, You do...

Looking for sample code to send email with exchange
Does anybody have sample code to send email using exchange from an MFC application. Thanks Tom G I am not sending a document and I don't want my recipients to have to open a document. I want to send different emails to different people based on query results from a database. This app needs to run on an unattended machine at scheduled intervals. Thanks Tom G "Dan Bloomquist" <lakeweb@citlink.net> wrote in message news:3F4CEFA4.4020307@citlink.net... > > > Tom Groszko wrote: > > Does anybody have sample code to send email using exchange from an MFC >...

how to synchronize two outlook calender clients without Exchange
How can you synchronize calender data when you have one calender on two computers (two different Outlook clients) and no Exchangeserver? ...

Exchange front end <-> back end
Hi, I currently have 4 mail servers in one company (2 admin groups). Is it possible to "change" one server to a front end server? I understand it is than impossible to have mailboxes on this server, but is it possible to leave some public folders on this "front end" server? Since this server has a lot of HDD space available and the main servers don't have much spare space. Consultation of these public folders is rare, and only 2-3 users need access. Kind regards, david Yes, you can convert one server to a FE, however you cannot host any PFs on FE's, this co...

Exchange 2003
We are running MS Exchange 2003 and Backup Exec 10d. Over the last week I am getting the following backup error: Backup- \\SERVER\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory =EF=80=A6projector [projector] and its subdirectories. The 'projector' directory was an account we were using to test assest booking. This user/mailbox has been deleted, but I still keep getting the same error! Any suggestions? Thanks! On 24 Jan 2007 05:31:33 -0800, "Frank G" <frankgrimesjr@gmail.com> wrote: >We are running MS Exchange 2003 ...

Exchange server on MAPS RSS list
My Exchange 2000 server is on blacklisted on RSS. Whenever I run a open relay test from any website other than RSS it shows my relay is closed. My question is why is it that RSS shows my server as an open relay and how do I correct this? You could be on a BL for a number of reasons. Some RBL owners are stricter than others. It does not mean they are right, but it is their database/server and they wield the power to decide what they will block you for and for how long. If you are willing to provide your MX info, we can help you find out if you are truly open relay or not. -- Sincerely, D�j...

Exchange Server Performance
Hi All I have an Exchange 2003 SP1 box running on Windows 2003. The hardware setup is dual 2.8 Ghz Xeox processors with HT on. The disk structure is Raid 1 - System Raid 1 - Transaction Logs Raid 5 - Databases Hdd - Page File. The inetinfo.exe process seems to take up about 25% of the CPU time, and the AV software we use is also taking up about the same. The CPU hovers around 60 - 80% usage. This seems very high to me. There are about 1200 mailboxes on the system. The SMTP queue messages waiting to be routed is always around 12 - 20 messages, and the messages sent on the local LA...

local exchange users not receiving email
I've just loaded Exchange 2003 Server. We already had existing domain users in the domain so to create mailboxes for them I went into AD users and computers, selected the users object and right clicked on each user, selected Exchange tasks, then created each mailbox. That went very smoothly. However, no one is receiving email. They all send fine but do not receive. We do have a firewall and I have allowed SMTP and POP3 through the firewall. Presently we are not using Internet Email on the Exchange Server just internal email only. Can someone tell me why we can send locally...

Maintain ACL while migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2003 Interforest?
Hello, I am close to a migration from an Exchange 2003 Administrative organization to another Exchange 2003 organization in another Domain, also known as a Interforest move of mailboxes. I will use the "Exchange migration wizard" to move the mailboxes, but ofcourse only after the use of ADMT to merge Groups/Users from the old domain. Is there any way to preserve the ACL's set on the mailboxes in the old exchange 2003 server, while moving to the new domain and exchangeserver? The documentation of the migration wizard states it will not move ACL, but are there workarounds ...

Exchange 2003 SMTP log monitor?
Is there a simple and free tool to watch the contents of the SMTP virtual servers log in real time much like the Unix tail command? I have tried some free tail implementations and none of them seem to be able to update the screen as events are written to the file. I am logging in W3C Extended format if that helps. ___________________________________________ Remove dots before at to reply direct - Jon ...

Exchange 5.5 mailbox problem with Outloor 2000 client
Hi folks, We are running NT 4 & Exchange 5.5 all packs and patches up to date. Outlook 2000 clients. I have a problem with one mailbox. When I try to open the calendar for prior days, Outlook reports "Can't read Calendar". However when I right click on the calendar folder and select properties and advanced find, I can see the entries for previous days, print them, but can't get to them the normal way. So I tried using the clean mailbox utility to clear it out. Now, there seems to still be remnants of appointments, I can see them when I do the advanced find ...

Exchange 5.5 question: export content of ghost/orphaned mailbox #2
Hi, I have a question about "ghost mailboxes" in Exchange 5.5 What happened before: The move of a certain mailbox from one server the an other server within the same site did not go very well. After the move the user complained that his mailbox was empty and that he could not receive any message. Further investigation learned that: * when looking at mailbox resources on OLDSERVER, the mailbox was still present with +/- 60MB size and 4000+ items * when looking at mailbox resources on NEWSERVER, the mailbox size and content was as good as empty. * HOME-MDB was set to NEWSERVER ...

How to change name of SMTP server (exchange 5.5) according to reverse DNS record?
Forward and Reverse DNS records should match. What are you asking? "Ales Baranek" <baranek@extranet.cz> wrote in message news:%23E6kgWjIEHA.3092@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > I need to change my SMTP server name according to DNS record. "Fritz" <fritz@biteme.net> wrote in message news:%233Tb7cjIEHA.1528@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Forward and Reverse DNS records should match. > What are you asking? > "Ales Baranek" <baranek@extranet.cz> wrote in message > news:%23E6kgWjIEHA.3092@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > > > &...

Exchange 2003 public Folder
In our public folders, we have a subfolder that contains CVs that we receive by email. We have an email address attached directly to that subfolder so that mails go in straight to that public folder. We also have a reply template on that subfolder so that an automatic reply is issued when we receive a CV. When we send emails to that address from within the company, those mails show as emails in the subfolder and we receive the reply. But when an external email is received, it is posted as a note in the subfolder and no reply is issued Thanks! On 3 Nov 2004 10:40:39 -0800, jeff@syntell.com (J...

Two domains on the same exchange server
We are running Exchange 2003 server on a single domain. Works great. We have recently took over another company and now they have their own domain name (happened to sit on a POP3 server but it is not a big problem to change to SMTP). Can I allow some of the users to receive and send e-mails from both domain names? Do they need two accounts on their outlook? You need to add second domain in Recipient Policy, change MX for that domain to your server and either setup two accounts in Outlook or use http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.html Ivan wrote: > We are running Exchange 2003 server on...

Exchange 2003 and RPC over HTTP
I have a stand alone Excange 2003 SP2 server on a DC Windows Server 2003 R2. Exchange works perfectly including OMA and sync to mobile devices. Now I want to enable RPC over http. I have installed the component in add/remove programs and I have tested if it works by navigating to https://servername.mydomain.com/rpc. I get a logon promt and when I enter my credentials I get the blank page as expected. I have checked the reg entries in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\RPC\RPCPROXY and entered the FQDN for my internal servername, i.e. servername.mydomain.internal. Ports 6001 throug...

How to Export the Primary SMTP address from both Mailboxes and Custome Recipients
As above, can get an export file with several smtp address, but primarily i'm looking to export all mailboxes and custom recipients so they contain, among other things, the primary smtp address. Thing is i've forgotten how this is done. Does anyone know what the attribute name should be? Thanks in advance For mailboxes, it's "Email Addresses". For a custom recipient I think it's "Email address". Just do a standard export and examine the CSV file - they should both be default values. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check...

RSS aggregator for exchange server
Is there a free or shareware server-side RSS aggregator that can put entries into exchange public folders? Something like Newsgator only running on server rather than on Outlook. Google brings a few expensive "enterprise" offerings but no free or shareware ones. -- Eugene See my USENET post here: http://tinyurl.com/8of38 If you want to help figure out the issue.. even better.. :) Michael March wrote: > See my USENET post here: > > http://tinyurl.com/8of38 > > If you want to help figure out the issue.. even better.. I think I know what the issue is becau...

POP3 / SMTP Using Exchange Question
I have a need to have a connection to Exchange as well as multiple POP3 accounts. Currently my default account is one of the POP3 accounts. I am having problems replying to emails that come into one of the POP3 accounts. I don't know what the problem is. Is there a way that I should be doing this? Here are the details. Say my POP3 account is mike@robbie.com. My Exchange (Active Directory) email address is mike@bobby.com. I have two accounts configured in Outlook, 1 Exchange and 1 POP3. I know my settings are correct since individually everything works fine. If I set my default acc...

Outlook 2003 Disconnected from Exchange Server 2003, will not reconnect.
Two days ago after setting up a mobile phone to act as a modem for my laptop, testing it, and disabling the dial-up connection associated with it, and reconnecting to my domain and usual network (non-GPRS) I find that I can no longer connect to my Exchange Server. The "Working Offline" icon shows up in the lower-right hand corner of the Outlook Client window, and when I uncheck "Work Offline", I get prompted for a username and password. Normally, I should just be able to cancel out of this window and Outlook works fine again. However, since two days ago, it does not. Th...

Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook 2007 B2, RPC-HTTPS
Hi, I am reposting in this forum to see if anyone has had any luck configuring Outlook 2007 B2 for RPC over HTTPS in a single-server Exchange 2003 SP2 environment. I have an Outlook 2003 client configured on an XP SP2 and it works great from my home. On the same connection, I have a Outlook 2007 configured (tried both upgrading from Outlook 2003 and a fresh install with same results) and it will not connect. When I run outlook.exe /rpcdiag on the 2007 client, I can see if trying to connect to the server and then I can see it accessing our DC but it's always "Trying to conne...

ISA2004 / Exchange 2003 FE: redirect "/" to "/Exchange/*"
Hi, have an ISA2004 server in the DMZ, an Exchange 2003 Front-End and some Exchange5.5 & 2003 Backend Server in the local network. Installed a public certificate at the ISA to use HTTPS, also using SSL between the ISA2004 and the Exchange 2003 FE. If I use the URL https:\\domain.com\exchange all works fine, but I have to setup also the URL https:\\domain.com\ which should also open the users mailbox. I want to set up this at the ISA2004 within the web publishing rule (paths), but until now without success. Is it not possible to configure it here ? Any ideas ? Thanks for your comme...

SMTP 5.7.1 errors
I have a client who is having SMTP 5.7.1 errors with only a few senders. With some senders it only happens with a particular addressee@client, if that addressee is part of a Distribution Group. If the sender sends directly to addressee@client the message arrives at the Inbox. Does this sound like a config problem on my client's Exchange server or a problem outside of their system. GM ...

Exchange ActiveSync error 85010001
I've had this issue with a Treo 700w for several days, and have tried many suggested methods to resolve. These included: - Setting a new exchange-oma virtual directory for syncing - Enabling / Disabling form based authentication - Verifying OMA was working correctly - Trying with / without SSL (enabling / disabling ssl as an option for /exchange virtual directory) All of the suggested resolutions in many of the forums had limited success with many of the posters / forum participants. I wanted to get it out to everyone just how I managed to get this working, to hopefully save them some ...

Exchange administrator console
Dear all How do I install Ms Exchange 2003 Administrator console into my workstation. Please enligthen. And your workstation is Windows 2000 or XP? Please don't forget to mention service pack level. "Muhamad Taufik Khasim" <Taufik@uniten.edu.my> wrote in message news:efHrUgxEFHA.3924@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Dear all > > How do I install Ms Exchange 2003 Administrator console into my > workstation. > Please enligthen. > > What to consider when you install Exchange System Management Tools on Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/?id=3D83...