SMTP Error On Exchange 2003 with One Users

Hi,

Our Clients have SBS2003, and from one client when externel emails are sent
this error message is displayed :

There was a SMTP communication problem with the
> recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
> <xxxxx.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 <pshah@xxxx.com>... Not
> permitted>

I have checked all the permissions, and he has them, even gave him
Administrator Rights, still no joy, internal emails are ok.

Can anyone point me in the righr direction Pls
Jay

0
jp (62)

Exchange Calendar Update Tool for Daylight Savings
I have an Exchange 2003 SP2 server, I have installed the Windows Daylight Savings Update 931836 on the server and Exchange Update 926666. The question I have is if I am running the Exchange Calendar update tool, KB930879. Do I need to uninstall the Exchange Update 926666 before running the tool? Thanks. Not necessarily - unless you have a lot of OWA DST 2007: The order of things, again! http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/03/dst-2007-order-of-things-again.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog -----------------------------------...

DPM 2007 Agent Errors
Hi, I'm not quite sure what has triggered this but our Secondary DPM Server has errors on all of its agents when checking the Management -> Agent tab. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the agent on one of the protected servers, however this has not resolved the issue. On checking the Error Logs of the server they are all reporting the following DPMRA Application Error: A DPM agent failed to communicate with the DPM service on [DPMServerName] because access is denied. Make sure that [DPMServerName] has DCOM launch and access permissions for the computer running the DPM...

SMTP restrictions #2
A few questions: If I configure the "Limit Message Size(KB)" does this pertain to the attachments as well? Also, does it affect both inbound and outbound? If the "Limit Message Size" is exceeded by the attachment does the attachment get stripped and the message (body) go through? If nothing goes through, does the sender recieve an error? Sorry so many questions. Thanks! Message size is the sum of the headers, body and the attachment. There is no setting specifically for the attachment size. When there is a violation, the entire message is bounced back to the send...

Error after Outlook reinstall
This would pop up. Error - Could not obtain Microsoft Outlook version Also, I can't install the microsoft updates to outlook because it says because it doesn't know it's version. -- Kate So what version of Outlook did you re-install -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "SFKate" <SFKate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F6F470A-D977-42CE-A342-909DAA07FE2A@microsoft.com... > This would pop up. Error - Could not obtain Microsoft Out...

System Attendant not starting-Exchange 2003
Just build a new Exchange 2003 SP1/Windows 2003 SP1 server and getting a 5719 (no logon servers)..and this is resulting in a 2104 (inetinfo.exe-DSAccess). I can start the SA/MTA/Info. Stores manually (netlogon service does start), but not sure why this is happening on a freshly loaded server. Any ideas as I think it may be the 3com Gigabit card or something else. Thanks for any information! :) It's having trouble contacting a domain controller, it appears. That could be due to something as simple as a misconfigured NIC or incorrectly configured DNS client settings, or just about a...

Exchange Server 5.5 SMTP Issue
Hi, For those interested, you may want to read the White Paper we recently released about the Microsoft Exchange Server SMTP problem: http://www.thinkcomputer.com/corporate/news/spamserver.pdf Thanks to Michael Barta at Microsoft for his help. If you think there's anything in the paper that could be improved or made clearer, please feel free to let us know. I'm interested to know how many people this problem is affecting... There seem to be a ton of threads on this newsgroup about it. Aaron Aaron Greenspan President & CEO Think Computer Corporation http://www.thinkcomputer....

oe error 0x800c012f
I cannot receive and send emails in Outlook Express! There are no tasks in the progress window. But there is an error: 0x800c012f. What does it mean? Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlook...

Windows update has failed in exchange 2003 Front-end server
Hello, I have been trying windows updates on exchange server but has failed with error message below: Updates were unable to be successfully installed The following update wre not installed: Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB917734) Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB914389) Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB917344) Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB918439) Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB911280) Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows Server 2003 (KB916281) Do you guy how to resolve those problems? Thank you There s...

Exchange 2003 on a DC?
Whats the best practice for this in a small (4 servers) network? Best practice is always to install Exchange on a member server. I recognize that this is not always possible. Keep in mind that if you install Exchange 2003 on a domain controller, you can't run dcpromo on it afterward and make it a member server; it'll always have to be a domain controller. At least until there's a design change to the product. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Zart the Artist" <ZarttheArtist@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Object Reqired Error Using Kill
I use an ocx in a form, but I want to delete the ocx before the program ends. So, I unload the form and try to execute the instruction Kill My.ocx. But, I get an Error 424 "Object required" error. Is it impossible to delete an ocx that was used at any time in an app even if the form where it was used no longer exists? jim evans wrote: > I use an ocx in a form, but I want to delete the ocx before the > program ends. So, I unload the form and try to execute the > instruction Kill My.ocx. But, I get an Error 424 "Object required" > error. Is it impo...

Outlook 2003 going offline
I have a customer that I recently installed Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 on their PC's. I am getting tech support calls from users saying they are not getting their email. So far 6 times in the last 2 weeks the issue has been that their Outlook is working in the offline mode. We can reset it to online and everything is fine. I have not rebooted the server in 2 months. Any suggestions as to what is happening? Can I disable the offline mode completely? They are all desktop PC's. TIA John John wrote: > I have a customer that I recently installed Exchange 2003 with ...

[2003] stops before data section in smtp conversation
Hello, I have an exchange 2003 server with ISA 2004 and the server doesn't send email correct to a remote smtp server. After the helo,mail from, rcpt to section he doesn't send the data section. The server is able to receive email. Does somebody have any clue why I'm unable to send? Thanks in advance Maurice Lucas This link maybe can help you http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/clustering/default.mspx "M.S. Lucas" <MSLucas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40C7EB2B-DDF9-4E60-8F69-8AB82C298874@microsoft.com... > Hello, >...

run-time error when I re-print an Invoice
Hello I am new to RMS and I am trying to figure out the reason of the run-time error every time I try to re-print an invoice or press the journal button. the error will result in terminating my existing application (POS) and the error also says that t"disconnecting from client...) and give me an error numbers. Any help? HI Alex, can you please specific the exact error no so we can help you in better way. actually wanted to know what create error, also do you know how to check the event log in windows OS check the application event log and find what error or what is the reason your...

Installing Money 2003 on new PC..what files to copy from old PC?
I have purchased a new PC (Windows XP). To move Money 2003 to the new one, I assume that I would just install Money from the original CD. My question is, what files do I need to copy from my old PC? (old PC was Windows 98) Thanks, Tommy Flynn Your .MNY file(s). And you will need to move most of the Money Tools|Options settings by hand. Worst case for these is printer check alignment settings. "Tommy Flynn" <tflynn@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:bfbff0$fjf$1@slb9.atl.mindspring.net... > I have purchased a new PC (Windows XP). To move Money 2003 to the new one...

Repairing .NET Framework and Exchange
I use a 3rd party application to archive emails. This application has recently broke. The support team for the application have suggested repairing the .NET Framework. What implications does this have on Exchange? We are not using OMA or OWA. Is there anything I should be cautious about before or during this procedure. Here is a link to the KB article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830646#6 Thanks in advance for any ideas. ...

activesheet error
Hi I've done something wrong here and I can't work out what it is... Error msg: "Compile Error: With object must be user-defined type, object, or Variant" Sub copylplan() Dim mySheet As String mySheet = ActiveSheet With mySheet .Copy After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count) End With With mySheet .Name = "Extract Plan" End With End Sub -- Thank for your help BeSmart Hi, Set the variable as a Worksheet then use Set in the line to assign the ActiveSheet to the variable. You should realize that the variable rem...

Distribution List Error...
I have a couple of users that have created a distribution list in their contacts and when they go to send to it they get the following error... Microsoft Office Word An internal support function returned an error Now the funny thing is if I change their settings to not use word as their email editor it will send but only until they log off. When they log back on I have to set it to use Word as their email editor or change it to Rich Text. Has anybody else had this happen? If so, what is the resolution? ...

Multiple appearances of a user
I am trying to get up to speed on CRM to administer it for my company. We have several users including users I added to CRM myself that have multiple appearances in CRM for the same user name, but with different role assignments and all for a single ADUC account. This also eats up extra licenses in CRM. I can't figure out why or how these multiple accounts are being created when I know that I only created a single user account with the Deployment Manager. ...

Outlook error message #45
Hello, I have had Outlook 2007 installed on my laptop for months with no issues. 2 weeks ago the program would occasionally give me an error message "your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in account properties...". Now 2 days ago this message pops up all the time and I no longer can send/receive emails. I have tried to repair Outlook, un-installing, and re-installing, nothing seems to work! Which Anti Virus are you using to scan incoming and outgoing email -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistan...

How to use integration mgr to post many debits with one entry numb
I have an existing integration that reads a header spreadsheet and a detail spreadsheet and then makes a separate journal entry for each pair of debits and credits. I want to change this integration so all the debits and credits use the same journal entry. I want to make a single journal entry with many debits and credits. I’m having trouble figuring out how to do this as an integration through the integration manager. Can you help me out? You will need to relate the header record to all the details in the second file. For example, by transaction date or simply by mak...

Birthday entry error
I have Win 7 Home Premium x64 and WLMail. When editing my contact, I tried to use a pop down calendar in the Birthday entry area. I opened calendar and clicked Feb 3, 2010, however the date on the line appeared as March 2... July 11 transferred into Nov 7, etc. Entering manually 03/02/xxxx produces correct entry 03 Feb xx, manual entry of 11/07/xxxx results in the correct 11 Jul xx, etc. Entering birthdate on Contacts.com do not change rntry on my desktop. May someone please tell me what's the correct way to enter the birthday info? Also, what is the easy way to get to a drop ...

Upgrade Exchange in SBS 4.5a to SBS 2003
A client who is currently running SBS 4.5a will be migrating to SBS 2003. Any advice as to how to convert their Exchange 5.5 data will be greatly appreciated. -- Regards, Allan C If they're upgrading in place, it should be taken care of. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Allan C" <proven_solutions@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uUEy%23YevFHA.3188@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >A client who is currently running SBS 4.5a will be migrating to SBS 2003. > > Any advice as to how to convert their Exchange...

SMTP account SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC.......
Inside the mailboxes folder of Exchange server, there is user called: SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC-5DD3568592C0}) I dont know what this is? Is this a system mailbox? If not, how did it get there and how can I get rid of it? The reason I ask is that , every few minutes, there is virus being sent to this mailbox, apparently from the "administrator". Very strange. any help will be appreciated. thanks, john I found the answer here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252341 "john Smith" <smith@fakedomain.com> wrote in message new...

add user?
Hi, I added a user through AD and create an exchange account for him. But confuse me: some outlook show his name in the Global Address List, and one don't. What's the reason for that? thanks. Are you sure that AD replication is working okay? Do you only have one Exchange server and one DC? Depending on what DC/GC the clients are talking to could contribute to the user either being in the GAL or not. -- Hope that helps. ------------------------- Jaclynn Hiranaka Enterprise Messaging Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

OUTLOOK 2003 with or without exchange server
I recently have begun upgrading a small office from Outlook 97 with Exchange Server 5.5 to Outlook 2003. I have some questions about this. In this office everyone needs to be able to access everyone elses calendars (6 in all) . With outlook 97, you were unable to do so without using exchange server. Now, with Outlook 2003, will they be able to access each others calendar without using any exchange server? If they need exchange server, will they be able to remain with exchange server 5.5 or will they need to upgrade to Exchange Server 2003? Any help would be greatly appreciated. &g...