SMTP email directly to Pub Folders for 2003 server....

Hello,

How do I change the default SMTP email delivery to public folders default to
Ipm.note not IPM.post?

I just migrated to exchange 2003 and I have several public folder that
received outside email. Now when someone emails the folder it shows up as a
post not an email. I have read several message here however most resplies
reference KB articles.

I have read articles 830961, 292484, 817809. I am confused by them. Example
article 817809 says wait for the service pack. Well I installed SP1 and it's
still the same. This article also says install a hotfix but then it mentions
a reg edit. Do I have to install the hotfix before doing the reg edit? Or
does the reg edit take the place of the hotfix.

Any help is greatly appreciated

TKE402
0
tke402 (25)

Since you have applied SP1 to Exchange 2003, you need to implement the
registry key on *all* exchange servers that host public folders (e.g. home
server + replicas) and then restart the Exchange IS.

"tke402" <tke402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> How do I change the default SMTP email delivery to public folders default
> Ipm.note not IPM.post?
>
> I just migrated to exchange 2003 and I have several public folder that
> received outside email. Now when someone emails the folder it shows up as
> post not an email. I have read several message here however most resplies
> reference KB articles.
>
> I have read articles 830961, 292484, 817809. I am confused by them.
> Example
> article 817809 says wait for the service pack. Well I installed SP1 and
> it's
> still the same. This article also says install a hotfix but then it
> mentions
> a reg edit. Do I have to install the hotfix before doing the reg edit? Or
> does the reg edit take the place of the hotfix.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated
>
> TKE402

0
neo7948 (622)
2/12/2005 12:04:58 AM
I have only one Exch 2003/SP1 server.  I had two during my 5.5 to 2003
migration, but removed the "swing" server after completing the upgrade of the
5.5 server.  I added the registry value and rebooted but problem persists.
Is there any resolution for this issue?  Thanks.

Coop

"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:

> Since you have applied SP1 to Exchange 2003, you need to implement the
> registry key on *all* exchange servers that host public folders (e.g. home
> server + replicas) and then restart the Exchange IS.
>
> "tke402" <tke402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > How do I change the default SMTP email delivery to public folders default
> > Ipm.note not IPM.post?
> >
> > I just migrated to exchange 2003 and I have several public folder that
> > received outside email. Now when someone emails the folder it shows up as
> > post not an email. I have read several message here however most resplies
> > reference KB articles.
> >
> > I have read articles 830961, 292484, 817809. I am confused by them.
> > Example
> > article 817809 says wait for the service pack. Well I installed SP1 and
> > it's
> > still the same. This article also says install a hotfix but then it
> > mentions
> > a reg edit. Do I have to install the hotfix before doing the reg edit? Or
> > does the reg edit take the place of the hotfix.
> >
> > Any help is greatly appreciated
> >
> > TKE402

0
COOP (18)

OutLook 2007 Email stuck in OutBox
I'm using Outlook 2007. Lately, I cannot send any email out. They are all stuck in the Outbox. Funny thing also occurs with my 3 emails A, B and C stucked there. As I watch the Outbox, Email A remains initially at the top of the list in bold italics. Email B & C below are in plain italics. A few seconds later, Email B will move to the top of the list and turned to bold italics. Email A having dropped below will be in normal italics. Few more seconds later, Email C will migrate to the top, and change to bold italics. This cycle repeats endlessly. Anyone can advise ...

SMTP restrictions #2
A few questions: If I configure the "Limit Message Size(KB)" does this pertain to the attachments as well? Also, does it affect both inbound and outbound? If the "Limit Message Size" is exceeded by the attachment does the attachment get stripped and the message (body) go through? If nothing goes through, does the sender recieve an error? Sorry so many questions. Thanks! Message size is the sum of the headers, body and the attachment. There is no setting specifically for the attachment size. When there is a violation, the entire message is bounced back to the send...

Outlook 2003 going offline
I have a customer that I recently installed Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 on their PC's. I am getting tech support calls from users saying they are not getting their email. So far 6 times in the last 2 weeks the issue has been that their Outlook is working in the offline mode. We can reset it to online and everything is fine. I have not rebooted the server in 2 months. Any suggestions as to what is happening? Can I disable the offline mode completely? They are all desktop PC's. TIA John John wrote: > I have a customer that I recently installed Exchange 2003 with ...

[2003] stops before data section in smtp conversation
Hello, I have an exchange 2003 server with ISA 2004 and the server doesn't send email correct to a remote smtp server. After the helo,mail from, rcpt to section he doesn't send the data section. The server is able to receive email. Does somebody have any clue why I'm unable to send? Thanks in advance Maurice Lucas This link maybe can help you http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/clustering/default.mspx "M.S. Lucas" <MSLucas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40C7EB2B-DDF9-4E60-8F69-8AB82C298874@microsoft.com... > Hello, >...

email download
I am using MS outlook to download my e mail messages Increasingly this has become slower and today I cannot download any. I have visited my providers web mail and there they are. Suggesting that it is the Outlook causing the problem Are there any suggestions on what the nexts steps I should take to correct the situation Thank you Do you receive any errors? Also, a few questions: - what version of Outlook are you using? - have you run ScanPST.EXE on your PST file? "belto" <belto@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:zDmxg.15962$9d4.3422@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk... >...

Email being comverted to HTML.
I've got this problem where emails, sent as plain text, get converted to HTML. All I want to do is have all mail sent as plain text recieved as such. This behavior occurs when sending plain text messages between users on the same Exchange Server on the same domain. Here is what happens: X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.5 Received: from 10.1.13.54 ([10.1.13.54]) by FQDN.of.my.exchange.server ([192.168.243.126]) with Microsoft Exchange Server HTTP-DAV ; Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:07:25 +0000 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Trans...

Payroll Direct Depsoit set up
HI, I am setting up payroll direct deposit and I am having trouble understanding the ach fileds set up as follows. immediate origin immediate destination originating institution discretionary data descripition these are not really explained innthe help files, if anyone could help that would be great. you can email me at jims@em-powered.com. We are a gold certified Dynamics partner Thank You Hi: Not sure if we have it exactly right, but this is what we've used for the past year and a half, and the bank has accepted the files. Imm origin (1&company ein) - same as...

Exchange Server 5.5 SMTP Issue
Hi, For those interested, you may want to read the White Paper we recently released about the Microsoft Exchange Server SMTP problem: http://www.thinkcomputer.com/corporate/news/spamserver.pdf Thanks to Michael Barta at Microsoft for his help. If you think there's anything in the paper that could be improved or made clearer, please feel free to let us know. I'm interested to know how many people this problem is affecting... There seem to be a ton of threads on this newsgroup about it. Aaron Aaron Greenspan President & CEO Think Computer Corporation http://www.thinkcomputer....

How to use (SEND) different emails from outlook
hi, we all have our own email address in Exchange and in outlook shown as EXCHANGE aacount. now we would like to create info@company.com email address to SEND and receive from OUTLOOK. how can i create INFO account in OUTLOOK to send from it. Many Thanks In news:uF3t$6jBGHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl, Nihat Demir <nihatdemir@hotmail.com> typed: > hi, > > > we all have our own email address in Exchange and in outlook shown as > EXCHANGE aacount. now we would like to create info@company.com email > address to SEND and receive from OUTLOOK. how can i create INFO...

connecting to server
This are the error messages I get when trying to connect. Please help. Task 'Checking for new mail in subscribed folders on imap@aol.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook is unable to download folder (null) from the IMAP e-mail server for account imap@aol.com. Error: Unable to connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Task 'imap@aol.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'Unable to find the e-mail server. Please verify the server information in your ac...

Problem with sent emails
Hi, I have few users that have this issue and I can't figure it out. When they reply or start a new message, they enter the names and addresses fine in the TO and CC fields and they send the email fine without any bounce backs. The weird thing is that when they go and check the sent folder, some of these emails appear with blank TO and CC fields. The problem is that they are not sure if the emails were actually sent or not (sometimes people receive them sometimes they don't). Not sure what is going on. Any idea what is going on or a place to check the problem? Are you sure t...

SMTP account SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC.......
Inside the mailboxes folder of Exchange server, there is user called: SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC-5DD3568592C0}) I dont know what this is? Is this a system mailbox? If not, how did it get there and how can I get rid of it? The reason I ask is that , every few minutes, there is virus being sent to this mailbox, apparently from the "administrator". Very strange. any help will be appreciated. thanks, john I found the answer here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252341 "john Smith" <smith@fakedomain.com> wrote in message new...

recipient cannot reply to my emails
I have had several customers tell me they cannot reply to my emails and they have to open a new email to communicate with me. This is a huge concern! Any ideas out there? How does "cannot reply" manifest itself? Do the senders get an error = message or a non-delivery notice? Please post the details. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Kirk" <kirksultanski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:DFB036CF-3595-496F-A947-390D12A15A8A@microsoft.com... >I have had several cu...

OUTLOOK 2003 with or without exchange server
I recently have begun upgrading a small office from Outlook 97 with Exchange Server 5.5 to Outlook 2003. I have some questions about this. In this office everyone needs to be able to access everyone elses calendars (6 in all) . With outlook 97, you were unable to do so without using exchange server. Now, with Outlook 2003, will they be able to access each others calendar without using any exchange server? If they need exchange server, will they be able to remain with exchange server 5.5 or will they need to upgrade to Exchange Server 2003? Any help would be greatly appreciated. &g...

Pst-files in Outlook 2003?
Hi, Im having problems moving some of my pst-files from the default location (in profile) to an alternative network folder. I can move the default Outlook.pst without any problems. But I have also got two IMAP accounts (with their own pst-files). I can move them to my alternative location, but when I start Outlook it creates two new files in the default folder and ignores the two files that I have moved. What can I do to make these pst-files for my IMAP accounts, to behave like the default pst-file? Best regards, /LS I don't think you can soemhow. the local folder i...

Exchange 2003 SMTP lockdown #2
How do I secure smtp to only let authenticated users send e-mails for internal users and users that connect using pop3. Thanks Amador I am also having this problem. I must have not configured something somewhere. But to explain further....... If i use my home pc to connect to our mail server and send a mail from say fred@company.com to Paul@company.com it will get sent. This means that if someone gets hold of a few of our company addresses, they can send mails to them. Our server needs auth if you are sending from fred@company.com to paul@hotmail.com so thats ok. Any help please Paul &...

Alien attachment being sent with my emails
I have one. An image that we use to customize bullets for bulleted lists in Microsoft Word is being sent as an attachment with all of my emails (Outlook). The attachment is from the Microsoft photo collection (waterlillies) and is being renamed image001.jpg when it is attached to my emails. It happens only from my computer on our network and doesn't show up in the message in the SENT file in Outlook. I have never created this attachment, and when I search for it on my hard drive and shared drive with the name "image001.jpg", no results are returned. When my co-worker forwards ...

email send/receive
Anyone know how to get Outlook to check mail before it sends mail? Normal order is to send, then receive. I assume that your ISP requires a login to POP3 before sending? In Outlook 2002 you can go to the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account (click the "More Settings..." button) to set this up. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Norris" <NDBoyd@msn.com> wrote in message news:000001c34a2a$3c390ec0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get Outlook to check ...

No ping but can see folders and drives
I have two PCs Windows XP Pro and XP Home, both SP3 Two are connected by wireless router Thomson TG585 v7. Local printer is attached to Pro Both Pro and Home can print and access Internet. Pro emails MS Office Home email Outlook Express Pro can see and access Home files Home can see Pro Drives but can not see its folders/files. Warning say \\Pro\\Data (D) is not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resouce. But both D: drive and its folders has been set for sharing and to allow network users t change the files. Pro and Home can not ping each other. This is ...

outlook keeps sending the same email
when i click send button, the email gets to the sending item folder and outlook keeps sending the same email over and over. Email stays in sending item folder sends the same email until i delet it by myself. I don't know why this is happening. This is outlook express 6 running on Windows2000svr. Thanks, Shi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com This newsgroup is for support of Outlook, which comes with Microsoft Office, not Outlook Express. Post this to th...

how do i save my letterhead on my emails
I am using microsoft outlook. I want to have my letterhead on all my outgoing mail.Without having to type it in every time. THANKS WILL "willlll" <willlll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C13BFE76-10AB-49D3-9C2C-7B3DE809D12B@microsoft.com... >I am using microsoft outlook. I want to have my letterhead on all my >outgoing > mail.Without having to type it in every time. > > THANKS WILL Hi Will, Open Outlook. In the upper right-hand corner, look for a box that says, "Type a question for help". In that box, type SIGNATURE, then hi...

How do I config users so they can send email with different reply
Hi, I have an Windows Active Directory Domain, with Exchange 2003 in Native mode. We own 2 different email domains, A.Com & B.Com. Users with windows accounts can receve email from either email domain, as I have setup email adddress for each user. Eg. User1@A.Com User1@B.com. This all works fine, but we also need to be able to send email from either domain. The active directory is setup a DNS name of A.Com, and we get an error message if we try to email from User1@B.com The error message is :- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: He...

Offline email did not send
Yesterday I created and answered a number of email messages offline. Before I logged out of Outlook, I checked the Outbox and they were in there. This morning, I connected to the lan and started up Outlook. After a couple of minutes, I checked the sent folder. None of the emails were in there. I then checked the Outbox and they were not in there either. I contacted one of the would-be recipients of my emails 30 minutes later and she did not receive any from me. In the past, I have worked offline many times and the emails ended up in my sent folder the next morning after connecting to the lan....

Frontpage 2003 network link
Question: for the life of me I can't remember how to create a network link to my website so I can open it directly in Frontpage. Meaning... If I want to edit my webpage in frontpage 2003 directly instead of using my local copy of the website. How do I create a link on my computer and put it on my desktop? I, know this is probably an easy thing for you "brainies" but I can't remember how to do it. Please assist. There are two ways: Open FrontPage and use File->Recent Sites This option will keep the last four websites opened. Opening the website in FrontPage ...

Sync sent items folder
It would seem to make sense that any item sent from CRM should show up in your sent items folder in Outlook. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4cb0265b-6999-4...