SMTP Connector smart host

Hi-

I have an Ex 2000 SP3 machine.
In the smart host field on an smtp connector is it possible to specify which
port exchange should deliver the mail to the smart host on?

I tried something like [192.168.1.1:2525] but this did not seem to work.

Thanks,

Jez.

0
reply3647 (2)

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:02:36 +0100, "Jez" <reply@replytogroup.com>
wrote:

>Hi-
>
>I have an Ex 2000 SP3 machine.
>In the smart host field on an smtp connector is it possible to specify which
>port exchange should deliver the mail to the smart host on?
>
>I tried something like [192.168.1.1:2525] but this did not seem to work.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jez.

On the properties of the vsi there is the Delivery tab which has the
Outbound connections button. Change the 25 for the new port there.

0
mark7219 (5666)
9/10/2004 5:44:01 PM
Thanks, I wanted to do this on a per connector basis rather than for the
whole vsi.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to achieve that?

Thanks.

> On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:02:36 +0100, "Jez" <reply@replytogroup.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi-
> >
> >I have an Ex 2000 SP3 machine.
> >In the smart host field on an smtp connector is it possible to specify
which
> >port exchange should deliver the mail to the smart host on?
> >
> >I tried something like [192.168.1.1:2525] but this did not seem to work.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Jez.
> >

> On the properties of the vsi there is the Delivery tab which has the
> Outbound connections button. Change the 25 for the new port there.

0
reply3647 (2)

SMTP restrictions #2
A few questions: If I configure the "Limit Message Size(KB)" does this pertain to the attachments as well? Also, does it affect both inbound and outbound? If the "Limit Message Size" is exceeded by the attachment does the attachment get stripped and the message (body) go through? If nothing goes through, does the sender recieve an error? Sorry so many questions. Thanks! Message size is the sum of the headers, body and the attachment. There is no setting specifically for the attachment size. When there is a violation, the entire message is bounced back to the send...

Exchange Server 5.5 SMTP Issue
Hi, For those interested, you may want to read the White Paper we recently released about the Microsoft Exchange Server SMTP problem: http://www.thinkcomputer.com/corporate/news/spamserver.pdf Thanks to Michael Barta at Microsoft for his help. If you think there's anything in the paper that could be improved or made clearer, please feel free to let us know. I'm interested to know how many people this problem is affecting... There seem to be a ton of threads on this newsgroup about it. Aaron Aaron Greenspan President & CEO Think Computer Corporation http://www.thinkcomputer....

[2003] stops before data section in smtp conversation
Hello, I have an exchange 2003 server with ISA 2004 and the server doesn't send email correct to a remote smtp server. After the helo,mail from, rcpt to section he doesn't send the data section. The server is able to receive email. Does somebody have any clue why I'm unable to send? Thanks in advance Maurice Lucas This link maybe can help you http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/clustering/default.mspx "M.S. Lucas" <MSLucas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40C7EB2B-DDF9-4E60-8F69-8AB82C298874@microsoft.com... > Hello, >...

Forward all mail with unresolved recipients to host
Hallo, I need forward mail to ip adress 10.0.0.2. It is fine. But I need forward it on port 2525. Do You anybody how I can put this information to exchange? Ip adress I can put in [10.0.0.2], but I dont know about port. Thanks You can modify the outbound port: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274842/ Nue "Jan Hou�vi�ka" <jan.houzvicka@relsie.cz> wrote in message news:Ou6M4iplGHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hallo, I need forward mail to ip adress 10.0.0.2. It is fine. But I need > forward it on port 2525. > Do You anybody how I can put this information to e...

SMTP account SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC.......
Inside the mailboxes folder of Exchange server, there is user called: SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC-5DD3568592C0}) I dont know what this is? Is this a system mailbox? If not, how did it get there and how can I get rid of it? The reason I ask is that , every few minutes, there is virus being sent to this mailbox, apparently from the "administrator". Very strange. any help will be appreciated. thanks, john I found the answer here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252341 "john Smith" <smith@fakedomain.com> wrote in message new...

Exchange 2003 SMTP lockdown #2
How do I secure smtp to only let authenticated users send e-mails for internal users and users that connect using pop3. Thanks Amador I am also having this problem. I must have not configured something somewhere. But to explain further....... If i use my home pc to connect to our mail server and send a mail from say fred@company.com to Paul@company.com it will get sent. This means that if someone gets hold of a few of our company addresses, they can send mails to them. Our server needs auth if you are sending from fred@company.com to paul@hotmail.com so thats ok. Any help please Paul &...

Connectors in Excel 2003
When using autoshape connectors in Excel 2003, is there a way or an add-in so that lines indicate when they cross each other. Sue ...

HOST SERVICES
So... I've had my HP laptop with Vista for about 3 years. Well about 2 months ago, whenever I would put the computer into Hibernation mode or Sleep mode, and would wake it up, a message would pop up stating that "Host Services have stopped". So when I would tell windows to find the problem, it wouldn't find anything. Does this mean that I need to do a Factory Restart (which if I do, this will be the 7th time in the past 2 out of 3 years) or does it mean that I need to go ahead and upgrade to Windows 7? Because either operating system doesn't bother me... I got an i...

SMTP Queue Growth
hi i am facing problem that my SMTP gateway.on SMTP gateway queue size is increasing.i expalin the infrastructure.i have exchane server 2000 which is hosting my public domain and another pc with windows 2000 working as SMTP gateway.i am using smtp connector b/w the gateway and exchange .to get the mail from ISP i am using GFI pop2Exchange which is installed on SMTP gateway.now the problem is my smtp queue growth is increasing.there r 480 mails at the moment in the queue.but its not delevering the both inbond and outbond mails.all other settings are ok. bhatti Assuming you meant queue...

IIS SMTP or Exchange SMTP?
I have a situation where I need to insert a smarhost into outbound mailflow in one city. I am looking into linux boxen as well as windows flavors. The one thing this smarthost must do besides receive internal mail and route it out, is stamp a disclaimer on it. I see from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317680 that this can be done with VBScript, but the question is, will it work with IIS SMTP alone, or does it require Exchange SMTP to work? Thanks, This will work fine with a stand alone IIS installation. ...

SMTP connector #13
I have exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5 in the domain, running in mixed mode. I have installed SMTP connector in exch 2003 server. Can I remove Internet mail service in exch 5.5 safely. I am concerned because we still have clients connecting to POP3 in exch 5.5 server. they shouldnt be disturbed in sending/receiving mails. Also, SMTP connector is seen in exchange 5.5 server. Please advise. Thanks You can remove the IMS and SMTP email will go out through the SMTP Connector. And you should update the POP3 profiles to point to the correct SMTP server. If your POP3 Clients are point...

CRM 3.0 bug sending to SMTP?
When I send email from the outlook client, there are absolutely no problems. However, when I send an email from the web interface, I get an error stating "Invalid Association" and "The request association is not valid." whenever the contents of the email contain a carriage return or formatted text (such as coloring). I have read the knowledge base article that associates this error with SMTP settings and authentication, however the same mail message will be processed if I remove the carriage return. Has anyone else encountered this problem? -Mike -- Micheal LoPatr...

pop and smtp errors unique to machine
I'm using windows xp home and i'm running into pop and smtp errors using outlook. i've verified on another machine that the account works and the settings i'm using are correct. when i try "test account settings" for the account using outlook the "log on to pop" fails and the "send test e-mail" fails. i've also tried using outlook express and i get the following pop error: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.cogeco.ca', Server: 'pop.cogeco.ca', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, ...

Can one Exchange 2003 (SBS2003) host email for two separate domains
Is it possible for one Exchange server running in SBS2003 to host email for two separate domains? If yes, how would that be setup? Thanks in advance. TTFN JMMach > Is it possible for one Exchange server running in SBS2003 to host email > for two separate domains If yes, how would that be setup? Yes. The base requirement is just to set up recipient policies for each domain you want to receive email for. If you need to segregate the users from each other it gets a little more complex, setting up seperate OUs and address lists for each domain, etc. See this link: http://www...

Remove SMTP addresses from users
I created a policy to set up SMTP addresses, and it was applied to the wrong set of users. Now I want to remove that address from thosee users. I already created the correct policies, and applied it to the correct users. Now I want to clean up the SMTP addresses of the other accounts. How can I automatically remove those SMTP addresses? -- --- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego It is not straightforward but read this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318...

Lotus Notes Connector and Directory Synchronization
I am being faced with an interesting issue in regards to exporting Active Directory objects to Lotus Notes using the Lotus Notes Connector. When I try to initiate an export I receive the following error in the Application log. ----------------------------------------- Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeADDXA Event Category: Replication Event ID: 8340 Date: Time: User: N/A Computer: Description: ADC could not replicate CN=EndUser,CN=Users,DC=contoso,DC=com because it is secured and the connection agreement does not allow secured objects to replicate. -----------------------...

Outlook connector and Widows 2000
I am using windows 2000 sp4 and Outlook 2003. The MS site seems to indicate that I can use outlook connector with this combination. However when I try to install the outlook connector I get an error message saying that windows XP is necessary to install outlook connector. What am I doing wrong? I don't think you are doing anything wrong because Microsoft's website is not clearer about Operating System The system requirements for Outlook Connector is at this link: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx#5 Perhaps you do need Windows XP because W...

SMTP
Outbound works fine, inbound seems to work okay (Firewall allowing port 25 traffic), but no one can get their mail ... e.g. Start|Programs|Miscrosoft Exchange|System Manager|Servers|ServerName|First Storage Group|Mailbox Store (Name)|Mailboxes - their are all our mail boxes with mail in them, but NO ONE can get to them from Outlook 2003! What's up??? Can you see mailbox contents? Can you send message to other mailboxes on the server? Do you see those messages? Do you get any error messages? Mark White wrote: > Outbound works fine, inbound seems to work okay (Firewall > a...

smtp debug
I have a user that has problems periodically sending email. After hitting Send/Receive, it sits there and then stops. The email remains in the Outbox. Here is a snippet from the debug log: (I have changed names) #####EXAMPLE 1 Microsoft Internet Messaging API 6.00.2800.1441 SMTP Log started at 09/16/2004 09:03:03 SMTP: 09:03:03 [db] Connecting to 'smtpserver.domain.com' on port 25. SMTP: 09:03:03 [db] srv_name = "smtpserver.domain.com" srv_addr = 123.45.67.900 SMTP: 09:03:04 [rx] 220 smtpserver.domain.com ESMTP Server (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service 5.5.2657...

Disclaimer using IMSEXT.DLL corrupting SMTP mail
I have installed IMSEXT.DLL and configured it to append a disclaimer to all outbound messages (article 258206). In order to work for our POP clients, I also set up the IMS to route all messages through the IS (article 238471). It works fine for messages originating from Outlook clients. Messages sent via SMTP from POP clients, or routed through the server via Custom Recipients get corrupted. Attachments (MIME) also get messed up. The simplest symptom to describe is that all text styling gets stripped. I haven't been able to find any more information on supporting non-Outlook client...

Multiple SMTP addresses & rules
Hi, I have an account that has our jobs@companyname.com SMTP address. Now HR wants to add an HR@companyname.com address to our environment as well. I was hoping to just add this as a secondary address in ADUC to this account. But then I want to have an Outlook rule that can take an email addressed to HR and through it in an HR folder, and same setup for Jobs. But what's happening is the email system sees this account as jobs@companyname.com for all messages and will throw it in both the HR and Jobs folder with the rules. I've tried to create a "contact" for each sepa...

SMTP primary address
My apologize for double posting, I love to hear from you guys what do you think How many primary SMTP address can e-mail enabled object can have? I would say one, if I asked this question to myself a minute ago, Here is the situation; I am in the middle of migration 2000 mailboxes with AD and Exchange I have AD admin with me, he script the SMTP Proxy addresses, for this migration When we run the script, we have realized a user had 4 primary SMTP address Set after script is done I had to go back use ADSI edit and clean the other primary proxy addresses, I am not sure what the receiver...

Re: VBScript and Script Host 07-31-10
From: "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> Date: Friday, July 30, 2010 7:24 PM From: "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> Date: Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:51 PM "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message news:O%23FvBeyLLHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > > "Ram" <ram.newsgroups@unitedprotech.com> wrote in message > news:%23jTqcMuLLHA.2100@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >> Many thanks to both Al and Mayayana. >> >> As Al has stated " I would be distributing ...

restrict SMTP HELO
Our ex2k server is recieving a lot of spam and junk from computers saying they are ourdomain.com when they HELO . An example of the command to our ex2k server would be: helo my.domain.com . Exchange then responds with a 250 and then they proceed to send our users tons of junk. Is there a way to filter based on what remote computers are heloing us as? Can an event sink handle this? Thanks in advance, Matt Yep. See example http://www.asaris-matrix.com/sweber/playground/downloads/forms/DispForm.aspx?ID=14 Also see http://spf.pobox.com matt wrote: > Our ex2k server is recieving a l...

550 not local host [email address], not a gateway
I have been receiving this message after sending out an email on Outlook 2002 using 2 different computers in 2 different areas. I can't find anything on these "System Administrator" returned error messages. I am on a simple home Lan. Any help would be appreciated. Glen Kelley ...