SMTP Backup Exh 2003

Recently had connectivity problems with DSL provider,they do haowever provide
a backup dial up service, is there away to setup a backup dialup on to E2K3
server for SMTP? Just a piont in the right direction would be enough, I
realise this is very vague question

many thanks

DT
0
DT1 (14)

You can configure an SMTP connector with an Higher cost, but the dial-up
connection must be established first.

More information:
"How To Configure the SMTP Connector to Link to Internet Domains in
Exchange", http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319426

--
Blog "subject: exchange"
http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo/

"DT" <DT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently had connectivity problems with DSL provider,they do haowever
> provide
> a backup dial up service, is there away to setup a backup dialup on to
> E2K3
> server for SMTP? Just a piont in the right direction would be enough, I
> realise this is very vague question
>
> many thanks
>
> DT

0
Rui
1/21/2005 12:28:27 PM
many thanks for the speedy response...just the nudge I needed

cheers

DT

"Rui J.M. Silva" wrote:

> You can configure an SMTP connector with an Higher cost, but the dial-up
> connection must be established first.
>
> More information:
> "How To Configure the SMTP Connector to Link to Internet Domains in
> Exchange", http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319426
>
> --
> Blog "subject: exchange"
> http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo/
>

> "DT" <DT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Recently had connectivity problems with DSL provider,they do haowever
> > provide
> > a backup dial up service, is there away to setup a backup dialup on to
> > E2K3
> > server for SMTP? Just a piont in the right direction would be enough, I
> > realise this is very vague question
> >
> > many thanks
> >
> > DT

0
DT1 (14)

SMTP restrictions #2
A few questions: If I configure the "Limit Message Size(KB)" does this pertain to the attachments as well? Also, does it affect both inbound and outbound? If the "Limit Message Size" is exceeded by the attachment does the attachment get stripped and the message (body) go through? If nothing goes through, does the sender recieve an error? Sorry so many questions. Thanks! Message size is the sum of the headers, body and the attachment. There is no setting specifically for the attachment size. When there is a violation, the entire message is bounced back to the send...

Exchange Server 5.5 SMTP Issue
Hi, For those interested, you may want to read the White Paper we recently released about the Microsoft Exchange Server SMTP problem: http://www.thinkcomputer.com/corporate/news/spamserver.pdf Thanks to Michael Barta at Microsoft for his help. If you think there's anything in the paper that could be improved or made clearer, please feel free to let us know. I'm interested to know how many people this problem is affecting... There seem to be a ton of threads on this newsgroup about it. Aaron Aaron Greenspan President & CEO Think Computer Corporation http://www.thinkcomputer....

System Attendant not starting-Exchange 2003
Just build a new Exchange 2003 SP1/Windows 2003 SP1 server and getting a 5719 (no logon servers)..and this is resulting in a 2104 (inetinfo.exe-DSAccess). I can start the SA/MTA/Info. Stores manually (netlogon service does start), but not sure why this is happening on a freshly loaded server. Any ideas as I think it may be the 3com Gigabit card or something else. Thanks for any information! :) It's having trouble contacting a domain controller, it appears. That could be due to something as simple as a misconfigured NIC or incorrectly configured DNS client settings, or just about a...

excel 2003 no of cells
Hi ! DOes anyone know if the size of a worksheet in excel has increased in 2003 version compared to 2002. We have some reports that are bigger than excel but cannot find any info re the size of the new version. Hope someone can help ! Thanks in advance Carolyn Same size - 65536 rows and 256 columns. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Carolyn Bromley" <anon@anon> wrote in message news:uJzl9tMREHA.3300@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi ! > > DOes anyone know if the size of a worksheet in excel has increased in 2003 > version compared to 2002. > > We have some reports ...

[2003] stops before data section in smtp conversation
Hello, I have an exchange 2003 server with ISA 2004 and the server doesn't send email correct to a remote smtp server. After the helo,mail from, rcpt to section he doesn't send the data section. The server is able to receive email. Does somebody have any clue why I'm unable to send? Thanks in advance Maurice Lucas This link maybe can help you http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/clustering/default.mspx "M.S. Lucas" <MSLucas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40C7EB2B-DDF9-4E60-8F69-8AB82C298874@microsoft.com... > Hello, >...

Outlook 2003 going offline
I have a customer that I recently installed Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 on their PC's. I am getting tech support calls from users saying they are not getting their email. So far 6 times in the last 2 weeks the issue has been that their Outlook is working in the offline mode. We can reset it to online and everything is fine. I have not rebooted the server in 2 months. Any suggestions as to what is happening? Can I disable the offline mode completely? They are all desktop PC's. TIA John John wrote: > I have a customer that I recently installed Exchange 2003 with ...

Exchange 2003 on a DC?
Whats the best practice for this in a small (4 servers) network? Best practice is always to install Exchange on a member server. I recognize that this is not always possible. Keep in mind that if you install Exchange 2003 on a domain controller, you can't run dcpromo on it afterward and make it a member server; it'll always have to be a domain controller. At least until there's a design change to the product. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Zart the Artist" <ZarttheArtist@discussions.microsoft.com>...

MSExchangeSA 9175 error on front end Exchange 2003 server
I have a front end Exchange 2003 server that is receiving the following error message in the application log every minute: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. The MAPI provider failed. ------ I've looked at quite a few KB articles and the below one briefly touches on what my problem may be. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=262456 The Mailox Store and Public Folder Store are not mounted on the Fr...

OUTLOOK 2003 with or without exchange server
I recently have begun upgrading a small office from Outlook 97 with Exchange Server 5.5 to Outlook 2003. I have some questions about this. In this office everyone needs to be able to access everyone elses calendars (6 in all) . With outlook 97, you were unable to do so without using exchange server. Now, with Outlook 2003, will they be able to access each others calendar without using any exchange server? If they need exchange server, will they be able to remain with exchange server 5.5 or will they need to upgrade to Exchange Server 2003? Any help would be greatly appreciated. &g...

SMTP account SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC.......
Inside the mailboxes folder of Exchange server, there is user called: SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC-5DD3568592C0}) I dont know what this is? Is this a system mailbox? If not, how did it get there and how can I get rid of it? The reason I ask is that , every few minutes, there is virus being sent to this mailbox, apparently from the "administrator". Very strange. any help will be appreciated. thanks, john I found the answer here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252341 "john Smith" <smith@fakedomain.com> wrote in message new...

Outlook 2003 mail stays in outbox
Outlook 2003... Messages sent from new messages go to outbox and stay until "Send Received" is hit a second time. I have set up a second PC with identical setting and all works fine ( mail clears outbox on first send). Both PCs are XP pro, SP1, Office 2003, SP1, POP3 dial up connection to ISP. Any ideas or docs appreciated ...

Exchange 2003 SMTP lockdown #2
How do I secure smtp to only let authenticated users send e-mails for internal users and users that connect using pop3. Thanks Amador I am also having this problem. I must have not configured something somewhere. But to explain further....... If i use my home pc to connect to our mail server and send a mail from say fred@company.com to Paul@company.com it will get sent. This means that if someone gets hold of a few of our company addresses, they can send mails to them. Our server needs auth if you are sending from fred@company.com to paul@hotmail.com so thats ok. Any help please Paul &...

Pst-files in Outlook 2003?
Hi, Im having problems moving some of my pst-files from the default location (in profile) to an alternative network folder. I can move the default Outlook.pst without any problems. But I have also got two IMAP accounts (with their own pst-files). I can move them to my alternative location, but when I start Outlook it creates two new files in the default folder and ignores the two files that I have moved. What can I do to make these pst-files for my IMAP accounts, to behave like the default pst-file? Best regards, /LS I don't think you can soemhow. the local folder i...

SMTP Queue Growth
hi i am facing problem that my SMTP gateway.on SMTP gateway queue size is increasing.i expalin the infrastructure.i have exchane server 2000 which is hosting my public domain and another pc with windows 2000 working as SMTP gateway.i am using smtp connector b/w the gateway and exchange .to get the mail from ISP i am using GFI pop2Exchange which is installed on SMTP gateway.now the problem is my smtp queue growth is increasing.there r 480 mails at the moment in the queue.but its not delevering the both inbond and outbond mails.all other settings are ok. bhatti Assuming you meant queue...

Exchange Backup Server..Help!!!
Hi All My Exchange Server Setup is as follows I Have my Exchange 2003 server installed in Windows 2003 Domain Controller Both The Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 Domain Controller are in the same machine Now I need a Backup system when this machine fails Can Anyone tell me a solution apart from clustring Can I install a secondary domain controller for the primary and then install Exchange Server on the secondary domain controller Will I be able to sycronise my Primary Mail Storage group to the new created exchange server and kept it offline and make it online when the primary is dow...

IIS SMTP or Exchange SMTP?
I have a situation where I need to insert a smarhost into outbound mailflow in one city. I am looking into linux boxen as well as windows flavors. The one thing this smarthost must do besides receive internal mail and route it out, is stamp a disclaimer on it. I see from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317680 that this can be done with VBScript, but the question is, will it work with IIS SMTP alone, or does it require Exchange SMTP to work? Thanks, This will work fine with a stand alone IIS installation. ...

SMTP connector #13
I have exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5 in the domain, running in mixed mode. I have installed SMTP connector in exch 2003 server. Can I remove Internet mail service in exch 5.5 safely. I am concerned because we still have clients connecting to POP3 in exch 5.5 server. they shouldnt be disturbed in sending/receiving mails. Also, SMTP connector is seen in exchange 5.5 server. Please advise. Thanks You can remove the IMS and SMTP email will go out through the SMTP Connector. And you should update the POP3 profiles to point to the correct SMTP server. If your POP3 Clients are point...

Exchange 5Yrs Backup [WP]
Users are gone we still hold onto their mailboxes. We want to hold onto those mailboxes for 5 years atleast. i want to back them and remove them completly from my exchange servers. What is the best way to this? Can v restore it on the tapes ans save the tapes for 5 years, or I restore the Store on a different exhange box and save the HD????? elplz From outlook, export the mailbox to a pst file, then remove the mailbox from the exchange server. You can then put the pst file on cd or tape or whatever. If you need to look at the contents, open it up in Outlook again. "WILDPAC...

Adding email groups Public Folders Calendars, Exchange 2003 SP2
I am trying to add email groups to a Calendar that I created on the Public Folder but I keep getting errors (Operaton failed, error 0x80004005). This use to work on Exchange 5.5. Is there any way around this issue ??? Thank you in advance for your help. Edmundo Does this occur only with this item? Try Pfdavadmin. James Chong MCSE M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com Edmundog9 wrote: > I am trying to add email groups to a Calendar that I created on the Public > Folder but I keep getting errors (Operaton failed, error 0x80004005). This > use to work on Exchange...

Outlook 2003
Hi! With old version of Microsoft Outlook (Ex: XP, 2000,97) I don't have any problem. But with this version (MS Outlook 2003), When I check email by "send/Receive" button I'm receiving the Error: "Task Microsoft Exchange server reported error (0x8004010F): The operation failed. An object could not be found" ...

can't delete rules in Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2003, my Rules seem to have been messed up. several of these rules (in the Rules Wizard) don't show anything in the Rules Description field.. and even worse: I CANNOT delete them, since the Delete button is greyed out and my Delete key doesn't have any result.... (My pst file is on an external HDD.) Please help in deleting the faulty rules. Wim Hi Wim, try "/Cleanrules": have a look on this site (Command lines): http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP010031101033.aspx Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Publi...

CRM 3.0 bug sending to SMTP?
When I send email from the outlook client, there are absolutely no problems. However, when I send an email from the web interface, I get an error stating "Invalid Association" and "The request association is not valid." whenever the contents of the email contain a carriage return or formatted text (such as coloring). I have read the knowledge base article that associates this error with SMTP settings and authentication, however the same mail message will be processed if I remove the carriage return. Has anyone else encountered this problem? -Mike -- Micheal LoPatr...

pop and smtp errors unique to machine
I'm using windows xp home and i'm running into pop and smtp errors using outlook. i've verified on another machine that the account works and the settings i'm using are correct. when i try "test account settings" for the account using outlook the "log on to pop" fails and the "send test e-mail" fails. i've also tried using outlook express and i get the following pop error: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.cogeco.ca', Server: 'pop.cogeco.ca', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, ...

Can one Exchange 2003 (SBS2003) host email for two separate domains
Is it possible for one Exchange server running in SBS2003 to host email for two separate domains? If yes, how would that be setup? Thanks in advance. TTFN JMMach > Is it possible for one Exchange server running in SBS2003 to host email > for two separate domains If yes, how would that be setup? Yes. The base requirement is just to set up recipient policies for each domain you want to receive email for. If you need to segregate the users from each other it gets a little more complex, setting up seperate OUs and address lists for each domain, etc. See this link: http://www...

Outlook client 2003
Hi, Is Outlook 2003 client compatible with Exchange 5.5 running on Win2k? Thanks yup....but, make sure you have the latest hotfixes and CDO patches installed on your Exchange servers... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;818709&Product=ech http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;247288&Product=ech http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;831234&Product=ech http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829418&Product=ech SRP "Nancy Huges" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...